AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-02-27, 16:14   Link #161
Vegard Aune

The other day I went and rewatched this on Netflix. Then I got annoyed at how the quality kept going completely down the drain every other minute presumably due to my hideously unstable internet connection, so I went and grabbed the BD-version...

Just curious, is it just that every single supposed BD-rip I'm finding is mislabeled, or does the Blu-ray of this movie just not have the ending theme song? Like, it's there in the Netflix version in all its perfectly pleasant yet pretty standard jPop glory, yet on the version I downloaded, they just have instrumental music instead, and the song isn't even listed in the credits. Does anyone happen to know what's up with that?
Old 2017-02-28, 06:28   Link #162
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
The other day I went and rewatched this on Netflix. Then I got annoyed at how the quality kept going completely down the drain every other minute presumably due to my hideously unstable internet connection, so I went and grabbed the BD-version...

Just curious, is it just that every single supposed BD-rip I'm finding is mislabeled, or does the Blu-ray of this movie just not have the ending theme song? Like, it's there in the Netflix version in all its perfectly pleasant yet pretty standard jPop glory, yet on the version I downloaded, they just have instrumental music instead, and the song isn't even listed in the credits. Does anyone happen to know what's up with that?
Now you just told me something I did not know. I went back and checked and the BD version that Kickstarter backers received did not have a JPop song on the ending credits, only an instrumental song. Probably something to do with rights for that particular release or just the fact that they added the song afterwards due to time constrains.

And now I have to go to netflix to check it out since I didn't even know that was a thing until now
Old 2017-02-28, 12:03   Link #163
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I just got the BD in the mail a couple of days ago, and to my surprise it actually contained the original OVA! Now I don't have to hunt down for the original OVA BD disc from Trigger and spend the extra money.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 17:18   Link #164
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I just got the BD in the mail a couple of days ago, and to my surprise it actually contained the original OVA! Now I don't have to hunt down for the original OVA BD disc from Trigger and spend the extra money.
But does it have the Magic Parade song in the end credits (of Enchanted Parade, obviously)? I mean I would assume so because it seems utterly bizarre that they'd make a new theme-song (which was also apparently the debut single of the artist, who later went on to do the ED for the show) and then not even have it be available to the Japanese viewers... Like,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Now you just told me something I did not know. I went back and checked and the BD version that Kickstarter backers received did not have a JPop song on the ending credits, only an instrumental song. Probably something to do with rights for that particular release or just the fact that they added the song afterwards due to time constrains.
I'm going to assume time constraints if so. Makes more sense than them not being allowed to put the theme-song to their own movie, which was made specifically for said movie, on their own home release made specifically for the people who help fund the movie.
Old 2017-03-01, 12:53   Link #165
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
But does it have the Magic Parade song in the end credits (of Enchanted Parade, obviously)? I mean I would assume so because it seems utterly bizarre that they'd make a new theme-song (which was also apparently the debut single of the artist, who later went on to do the ED for the show) and then not even have it be available to the Japanese viewers... Like,

I'm going to assume time constraints if so. Makes more sense than them not being allowed to put the theme-song to their own movie, which was made specifically for said movie, on their own home release made specifically for the people who help fund the movie.
Yes it does have the song at the ED sequence. Hell it even came with a CD soundtrack containing that song which is a very nice bonus.

I think the BD rip that I downloaded didn't had it, and I can't check it out anymore since I deleted it because I now own a copy. I'm going to use my recovery software and see if I can retrieve it back and confirm if it didn't have it or not.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote