AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-03, 11:07   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
...Episode 12 is a delightfully fitting end to this series. Also, after Kaede/Nanami performance I think it is safe to say I have become a fan of the Seiyuu....
I agree wholeheartedly. I love a series that can bring tears to my eyes. The last episode was not slow, it was just right. And Gotou Yuuko is now on my list of favorites. She hasn't shown more than a centimetre of range, but what a centimetre! The episode was hers, and she made it work. This and Kaede are her break-out performances.

I've added her to Hashihime's Seiyuus Page, with a photo and links to her home page, the ANN page, a voice sample, etc. I've just started that page, so suggestions of all kinds are welcome (hashihime at yahoo dot com). I can't cover all seiyuus, so I'm just covering ones that are busy and that I like. I'll try to find voice samples for as many as possible.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-01-04 at 10:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 16:17   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
I'll add my agreement for those sentiments. I've started holding the latest episode of Lamune in reserve to calm my nerves after one of my periodic drama/angst viewing binges.
Well... I tend to trust the tastes of Furudanuki and Kaoru Chujo so I'm going to give this series a run.... if for naught else, lazy slice of life series with strong character development are my cup of tea in between the angsty stuff. Right now, only Kamichu meets that need and its on a slow release following the DVDs and due to all the work the subbers put into their releases.
I've got a whiff that the ending is strong so I won't be quite so blindsided as I was for AIR. Here goes <click>.

edit: I've seen the first two episodes...... I love this show.... its just perfect....

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-04 at 23:17.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 19:54   Link #43
nagafan

Send a message via Yahoo to nagafan
Hmmm, there are only twelve episodes in this series? Sigh... that's like "Nightwalker, Midnight Detective", or "Ultimate Girls", nice shows, but, alas, over wayyy too quickly......

I agree with those who enjoy the slower pace and lack of mecha and magic in this show, it is a good demonstration of what anime is really capable of, a good human story! I hope we can see some more like this. Only longer...^_^
nagafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 18:10   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ichigo Mashimaro is another example of pure human, no magic, no mecha series with similar pacing that is quite enjoyable. And if you don't mind a little variation with aliens and kappas, then Peto Peto San is another series that helds similar pacing. I also hear good things about Aria the Animation even though haven't watched it yet myself.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 09:28   Link #45
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Can someone tell me how the drink ramune taste like? just wondering

Really like lamune, nice pace and good story.
The guy is portraited fine for a chance with nice qualities.
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 10:01   Link #46
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I also hear good things about Aria the Animation even though haven't watched it yet myself.
Wonderful series, go find it now Just don't go into it expecting plot of any sort, because there isn't one. It's all about the situation and mood, and is done basically to perfection. Aria is in my top 3 anime of 2005

I'm also quite surprised that Lamune is only 12 eps. I didn't actually check ANN, but I assumed it was going to be 26. Shame really, it's a nice series, easy to watch. There again... 12 good quality eps can be better than 26 sub-quality ones, so maybe it's best to end it at 12.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 14:11   Link #47
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
Can someone tell me how the drink ramune taste like? just wondering ....
It has been a very long time since I've actually had any, but as I recall it has a sparkling lemon-lime flavor -- similar to Sprite or 7-Up.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 17:19   Link #48
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Our local asian store (Uwajimaya) carries "ramune" sometimes... also my son's Japanese teacher engages in a thriving smuggling operation of yummies to fund her teaching needs and occasionally appears with it. It doesn't have the "coat your tongue" taste of Mountain Dew .... and not as metallic as, say, tonic water.
Sprite is a fair approximation, though you might wonder if something had gone wrong if you'd been told it was "Sprite".
Old 2006-01-09, 18:36   Link #49
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Chinese grocery stores in the US sometimes have a small Japanese section. I've seen ramune in a Chinese store in a mid-size midwestern city. And Pocky (for Onegai series fans).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 18:58   Link #50
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
And Pocky (for Onegai series fans).
I sooo need to find me some of that. I've seen it advertised on sites here and there, might have to look into buying some... hmm, sounds like a plan
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 19:48   Link #51
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

For those of you who are in the U.S., you can go here for pocky: http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/. I go to the Military base for the pocky, and I like the way they treat the varieties same price

Oh hey, while we're advertising anime related merchandise, I saw an ad for the Lamune DVD's. It looks very much more nicer on DVD...hmm....as if the TV version wasn't good enough, the DVD really has my eye's....begging for more
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 20:05   Link #52
Zappster

Any chance of this getting licensed? I'd love to pick up the DVDs but only if they had english subtitles. This is definitely one anime I'd rewatch on DVDs. Heck I've watched through some of the currently subbed animes a few times. Quite a few of the episodes just have that feel good factor and are very relaxing to watch. Brilliant for relieving some stress after a hard day at work.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 21:13   Link #53
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Chinese grocery stores in the US sometimes have a small Japanese section. I've seen ramune in a Chinese store in a mid-size midwestern city. And Pocky (for Onegai series fans).
I can get Ramune at Central Market in Dallas, TX (which is, admittedly, a nice grocery store, but it's still just a grocery store). And Pocky like everywhere (they even sell it at the comic shop and every Suncoast I've ever been in).
Old 2006-01-09, 21:18   Link #54
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Any chance of this getting licensed? I'd love to pick up the DVDs but only if they had english subtitles. This is definitely one anime I'd rewatch on DVDs. Heck I've watched through some of the currently subbed animes a few times. Quite a few of the episodes just have that feel good factor and are very relaxing to watch. Brilliant for relieving some stress after a hard day at work.

Sadly there wouldn't seem to be much of a chance. Anime in this genre doesn't really seem to make it to the US very often.
Old 2006-01-10, 01:46   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is a series that is short enough I might actually consider picking up the R2 DVDs.

And yes, Pocky is *almost* universal enough that many regular stores carry it (or at least the eclectic grocery stores like Haggens, Whole Foods, New Seasons, and such).

Its a real shame more series like this without explosions or small exotic creatures don't make it over here.... lost opportunities...
Old 2006-01-10, 19:20   Link #56
plastic unicorn
(miko-senpai)

Perhaps a controversial post in this thread, but I was so opinionated that I actually made my way over to aniDB and wrote a review of Lamune...

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...meatt&aid=3414

Please, rate my review (The second one, by mik0) :P I am curious to see what people disagree with!
plastic unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 20:04   Link #57
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Who Knew

i love the series but i am not sure why maybe because its a break from all the crazy stuff that happens in other shows it just about a childhood friends their friends and their daily life together i also love how cute nanami is she is so innocent and her expressions are like that of a child she reminds of the Msuzu like maybe im the only one that thinks so but i see it i have seen up ep6 cant wait for more
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 20:24   Link #58
deathcoy

wow, iz surprising that quite a lot like lamune... personally i find it a little boring since its your average everyday life kinda thing much like To heart series except with a harem... as much as i love harem, romance shows, this jux didnt get to me... and nanami's character and voice was another put off... i'll still keep watching this anime since im jux at episode 6 and not much has happened yet... gotta gif this anime another chance... now, to find spoilers for episode 12...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 20:41   Link #59
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic unicorn
Perhaps a controversial post in this thread, but I was so opinionated that I actually made my way over to aniDB and wrote a review of Lamune...

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...meatt&aid=3414

Please, rate my review (The second one, by mik0) :P I am curious to see what people disagree with!
Not enough time for me to respond fully right now, but I'm sure somebody else will before I get back online. I will give you points for courage, assuming that you honestly want a critique and are not simply trolling. But one thing I think would help everyone out - how many episodes of Lamune have you actually watched? Not just skimmed, but watched and paid attention.

Two quick comments:

First of all, I suggest you review this thread and note the ages listed. I don't have mine turned on, but for the record I'm the same age as Vexx. Based on what I've seen, it seems that Lamune has a special appeal for some of the older anime viewers. Plus there are many people here who have specifically stated that they enjoy the more relaxed pace of this series.

Second, after reading the character portion of your review, I honestly have to wonder if you watched the same series that I did. The characters and their interactions are the strong point of this series. I simply cannot see how anyone could think that these characters are "shallow, awkward, and unbelievable." Especially after episodes 5 & 6.

I guess we may have a major disconnect when it comes to the definition of a lot of the terms you use. Opinions and tastes vary - that's why they make lots of different series. That is also why I do not trust ANY review unless it is from a person whose tastes I know through experience are either close to matching my own, or close to the opposite of my own.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 21:17   Link #60
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Indeed the strong point of this anime is the characters' interactions (mainly between Kenji and Nanami). Lamune is all about Kenji and Nanami and though they do introduce a few other girls in the picture my focus has always been Kenji and Nanami. Honestly, I would much prefer watching just them spending their days together for all 12 episodes than having some side stories on other girls. That might bore the hell out of others but I'm ok with that.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, nekoneko, picture magic, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, visual novel adaptation