Old 2012-05-27, 23:44   Link #501
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
what is the star caster ?
what happen in the volumen 11?
new enemy or news chracters
Star Caster = it's drop item that Chrome Falcon got before he changed "the destiny" into "the disaster" or known as Chrome disaster sword[inherited from first CD]
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 11:19   Link #502
MaNuElKuN

Hi, well i have been watching the accel world anime since it started airing, and so i`m curious about something and was hoping those who read the LN could answer me. What is the progress between haru and chiyu? does she likes him? or does she like taku? and what about KYH? what is her situation whit haru? Thanks a lot guys.

PD: sorry if you don`t understand something, actually english is my second language, so i donīt know if i made a mistake. thanks again
MaNuElKuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:19   Link #503
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNuElKuN View Post
Hi, well i have been watching the accel world anime since it started airing, and so i`m curious about something and was hoping those who read the LN could answer me. What is the progress between haru and chiyu? does she likes him? or does she like taku? and what about KYH? what is her situation whit haru? Thanks a lot guys.

PD: sorry if you don`t understand something, actually english is my second language, so i donīt know if i made a mistake. thanks again
AW is pretty much the same with SAO in the romance aspect, when he cleared a girl their relationship pretty much come to a stand still, it mean for some girl we can confirmed they like him like KYH, AR but he himself never make a move beyond that, so, for chihuahua( chiyu, i'm sorry, i wanted to try this at least once) she showed that she have feeling for Haru but she never make a move beyond that.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:25   Link #504
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Is THAT kind of romance even the main thing though? It would seem that their relationships alone are more important than any romance...
Old 2012-05-28, 22:02   Link #505
churchblue
Banned

What's Lime Bell's current level now? Does she have other abilities?
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 22:30   Link #506
tsunade666

5 or is it 4? but she helped dusk rascal to get higher level right? so I think she is 4?

For confession the only one who confess their love for Haru is KYH and ....graaa I forgot her NAME!!! Ash roller (sister)

those 2
Old 2012-05-29, 01:17   Link #507
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
AW is pretty much the same with SAO in the romance aspect, when he cleared a girl their relationship pretty much come to a stand still, it mean for some girl we can confirmed they like him like KYH, AR but he himself never make a move beyond that, so, for chihuahua( chiyu, i'm sorry, i wanted to try this at least once) she showed that she have feeling for Haru but she never make a move beyond that.
In Sao you had vol 1 chp 16.5, AW wont ever get near that levels with those kids. Even thought I didn't read any of the mangas yet (have Sao but don't have time).
Old 2012-05-29, 04:28   Link #508
tsunade666

In SAO their isn't just a chapter 16.5 because if I remember it right their is 5 doujin that has "if" on it

16.5 is one of those one and also the if ending of underworld.

AW character are much younger than SAO characters plus it's a license in a book. SAO release those doujin before it even become license.
Old 2012-05-29, 04:52   Link #509
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
AW character are much younger than SAO characters plus it's a license in a book. SAO release those doujin before it even become license.
Talking about age, physically, the SAO is older but mentally AW cast is much higher
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 04:59   Link #510
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
In SAO their isn't just a chapter 16.5 because if I remember it right their is 5 doujin that has "if" on it

16.5 is one of those one and also the if ending of underworld.

Chapter 16.5 is canon. And no, the 'what if' harem end that takes place after UW isn't canon.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 11:47   Link #511
churchblue
Banned

A few posts ago I mention if there were an existence of "clear" duel avatars, they would be observers and will interfere if they chose to. They can chose to reject a duel. They are being that technically don't existence, not even the creator knows. They don't usually side with anyone and their purpose is to monitor the Accel World. The users behind the avatars are older than the oldest kids with Neurolinkers. They made have been subjects to test the Neurolinkers. Kind of horrible and painful, right. I made up a duel avatar named Diamond Angel. Like all "clear" duel avatars, he had invisibility and phasing capables (so no one can see or touch them). Their weakness is white energy which can give them agonizing pain if by it. Another is a rare energy crystal that exist in the Accel World and really hard to find and not in huge amounts called "Chronocite". This crystal can forcefully uninstall a "clear" duel avatar given enough energy, however the drawback is that the user will suffer so much pain that he or she will end up in a coma (hence it is not the prefer method to take). Diamond Angel can also fly like SC, which makes his job easier. He is an expert in aerial combat more than SC. He can, also another trait of the "clear" avatar, change his armor color. The user is a computer hacker is his late 20s and has family connect to the creation of both the Neurolinkers and Accel World. He spends most of the day in the Accel World and only goes offline to eat and shop for stuff. He has a watch that detects Brain Burst activity and jump in anytime if necessary. He can access anyone Neurolinker to detain the individual both in the real world and the Accel World. He is very good in keeping a low profile. The white king and Aqua Current are the only ones that know of his and his kinds' existence, but keeps it a secret since they don't get involve with duel avatars that much. For some strange reason, Aqua Current can see through their invisibility capable, but can't touch them. His Neurolinker is more modified and is unhackable and untracable. He always carries a chrome laptop when we go out in the real world. He has an agenda to capture Black Vise for some unknown reason, but doesn't to capture him out in the open (too much attention). In level is unknown, but he is able to smash blue knight' armor with one hand even though the blue knight is not aware of who hit him. Pretty cool avatar some far, right?
Old 2012-05-29, 12:27   Link #512
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
A few posts ago I mention if there were an existence of "clear" duel avatars, they would be observers and will interfere if they chose to. They can chose to reject a duel. They are being that technically don't existence, not even the creator knows. They don't usually side with anyone and their purpose is to monitor the Accel World. The users behind the avatars are older than the oldest kids with Neurolinkers. They made have been subjects to test the Neurolinkers. Kind of horrible and painful, right. I made up a duel avatar named Diamond Angel. Like all "clear" duel avatars, he had invisibility and phasing capables (so no one can see or touch them). Their weakness is white energy which can give them agonizing pain if by it. Another is a rare energy crystal that exist in the Accel World and really hard to find and not in huge amounts called "Chronocite". This crystal can forcefully uninstall a "clear" duel avatar given enough energy, however the drawback is that the user will suffer so much pain that he or she will end up in a coma (hence it is not the prefer method to take). Diamond Angel can also fly like SC, which makes his job easier. He is an expert in aerial combat more than SC. He can, also another trait of the "clear" avatar, change his armor color. The user is a computer hacker is his late 20s and has family connect to the creation of both the Neurolinkers and Accel World. He spends most of the day in the Accel World and only goes offline to eat and shop for stuff. He has a watch that detects Brain Burst activity and jump in anytime if necessary. He can access anyone Neurolinker to detain the individual both in the real world and the Accel World. He is very good in keeping a low profile. The white king and Aqua Current are the only ones that know of his and his kinds' existence, but keeps it a secret since they don't get involve with duel avatars that much. For some strange reason, Aqua Current can see through their invisibility capable, but can't touch them. His Neurolinker is more modified and is unhackable and untracable. He always carries a chrome laptop when we go out in the real world. He has an agenda to capture Black Vise for some unknown reason, but doesn't to capture him out in the open (too much attention). In level is unknown, but he is able to smash blue knight' armor with one hand even though the blue knight is not aware of who hit him. Pretty cool avatar some far, right?
Sounds like complete fanfic

It was mentioned that the only ones capable of installing Brain Burst are people who had a Neuro link installed since birth,which was introduced 16 years ago, so the oldest one is only 16 (I think?). Remember, they are accelerated, 1.8 seconds are equivalent to 30 minutes for Burst Linkers, a computer hacker in his late twenties wouldn't even be able to 'enter' their time.

That energy crystal sounds a lot like Superman with that green crystal, though.

He spends most of his time in AW, except when he needs to eat or shop and is in his late twenties? Sounds like he is a NEET
Old 2012-05-29, 16:55   Link #513
churchblue
Banned

Again, they is just ideas. But I wasn't kidding about the "clear" avatars being the observers. I mentioned that the computer hacker was one of many test subjects to test the Neurolinkers ...meaning this took place before 16 years ago when it was official. There many things we don't before the 16 years. Also I forgot to tell you the hacker is a freakin' genius. He knows how the Neurolinkers operate because he connect to the experiment and knew about the Accel World before more people became aware of it. There are secrets that we never though of or were possible. Computer hacker is an occupation, so know a lot of other things. I chose white light as a weakness because it splits into a spectrum of colors when though a "clear" prism. Also, the guy is NOT overweight he is regular size. I'm open to better ideas to support this idea. The user of Diamond Angel is a genius that hides from the public. The reason I pick computer hacker is that I don't want to go into too much detail.
Old 2012-05-29, 17:38   Link #514
dmaxzero

Quote:
The author has a low lvl skill in romance department... In SAO Aincrad arc shows a lot more effort and development between the chars... shame that later on is pretty much stand still. AW is not going anywhere in that area... I guess the char design does not make it easy for the author to move it anywhere... just my asumption though.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 21:23   Link #515
churchblue
Banned

I just thought of another idea..AI Duel Avatars.
Old 2012-05-29, 23:26   Link #516
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
The author has a low lvl skill in romance department... In SAO Aincrad arc shows a lot more effort and development between the chars... shame that later on is pretty much stand still. AW is not going anywhere in that area... I guess the char design does not make it easy for the author to move it anywhere... just my asumption though.
If your talking about Haruyuki and question why the author decide to make him fat. The author did that on purpose. He wanted to try something new and different. Its not that the author doesn't have low skill in the romance department. Its more like he doesn't really try. In reality there are no harem ends. His novels would be something that might actually happen in the future if technology advances quickly enough. If you negate the romance in Sao or Accel World the novel would still be enjoyable. If your looking for romance go read something shoujou. Accel World is marketed towards the younger generation. Its a much simpler read than Sao. Minus the technical mumbo jumbo and Sao would almost be a easy read as Baka-Test.
Old 2012-05-30, 03:16   Link #517
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
I just thought of another idea..AI Duel Avatars.
Those are called NPCs....
Old 2012-05-30, 09:04   Link #518
dmaxzero

Quote:
If your talking about Haruyuki and question why the author decide to make him fat. The author did that on purpose. He wanted to try something new and different. Its not that the author doesn't have low skill in the romance department. Its more like he doesn't really try. In reality there are no harem ends. His novels would be something that might actually happen in the future if technology advances quickly enough. If you negate the romance in Sao or Accel World the novel would still be enjoyable. If your looking for romance go read something shoujou. Accel World is marketed towards the younger generation. Its a much simpler read than Sao. Minus the technical mumbo jumbo and Sao would almost be a easy read as Baka-Test.
Your though jumps are mistaken, I am merely pointing out a feasible conclution based on what I am reading. I am not looking for romance, I am looking for good stories, SAO and AW are good stories, but the author put the conditions and settings for romances, yet he himself denies the development of those based a certain time lapse on on the story, and it feels incomplete. Sadly I cant read japanese, so whatever the author has said about the design of Haru being fat or not and how this is reflected in the story, I cant know because I cant read his blogs, hence all I can muster is my personal opinion on this, which is as valid as yours by the way.

Again, to be clear, the author has an amazing ability to draw you in his stories, the world settings and characters by themselves are solid and all around well defined, the stories may have many cliche elements but they are made so damn interesting that this aspect get overuled easily. But if he is not gonna develop the romance aspect on his stories because X reason that may or not be defendable, Why does he put those conditions and settings in the first place? Thats all.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 19:46   Link #519
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Ok, I am finally caught up to book 11, and can finally be confident enough to offer my 2 cents
It's dead obvious that fatso is fatso for a reason. He breaks almost all the rules that is typical of a "knight in shiny armor" which he is. Only thing that remained the same is his willingness to work and improve and that he will not back down from any challenge. Snow black also breaks the image of a conventional princess in "snow white", the helpless heroine in distress waiting to be rescued/protected in that she knows what she wants, can kick ass and clearly does not need to be rescued, physically anyway. Mentally, I cannot compare KYH to snow white because snow white is just too flat of a character to make any meaningful comparison. I'll say this though, KYH's character development is definitely not over, as her past becomes more clear and as fatso become more mature I definitely see the room for her character to develop. Right now all we know is 1. She get super jealousy if fatso does something with another girl. 2. She's willing to get hit by a car for fatso, getting ripped to shreds for fatso. Got knows what else she's willing to do in the future. But judging the degree she's willing to go to save fatso's ass she seemed pretty reserved when it comes to physical contact (few hugs, 1 sharing bed, and 1 near kiss). I think mostly because the author wants to keep it light for younger audience, but in terms of balance I found it kinda wierd
2. Fatso has a lot of room for development both physically and mentally. Mentally, he's really strong inside, just very insecure. He's strong enough to fight CD and regain control of himself which was impossible for the previous 5 versions of CD. He just needs to get over that I am fat and short complex which his growth sprout will soon help him with (he's like what 13?). And hopefully with improved physique his self confidence level becomes higher.
3. Fatso does not have a harlem. Chiyuri and him because they are childhood friends (might know a bit more as story goes on). Sky raker and him are more like older sister and young brother. Uiui I don't know, possibly mistaken identity as her decease brother? Rin's case it's definitely a mistaken identity as her comatose brother. And for Niko, it's more like a crush. Only person that is seriously in love with him is KYH. As for fatso himself I think he just super shy and doesnt reciprocate but from what I've read so far he considers KYH his only love interest. He just thinks that he's too unworthy to say anything back to her and I think KYH knows about it. This is good because he will have to grow some balls to actually do something about his own feelings instead of bottling it up or frickin fainting. And god damn it! how does one faint when his dream girl's body's pressed tightly against his in his own bed??! The author seriously needs to study what adrenaline does to a person. Although he might be getting better cus he hasn't fainted again. Good work fatso, keep at it!
3. This is gonna be a long and interesting series to follow if there is indeed season 2 because the LN does not seem to be ending soon.
4. The author definitely writes emotion well, he's withholding it on fatso possibly just to match his character development
Personally I get bored if the main characters are like Kira Yamato/Lacus Kline. I haven't encounter something as interesting as this in term of character development since NGE. I definitely look forward to read more of it
Old 2012-05-30, 22:08   Link #520
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazamachi Shogen View Post
Ok, I am finally caught up to book 11, and can finally be confident enough to offer my 2 cents
It's dead obvious that fatso is fatso for a reason. He breaks almost all the rules that is typical of a "knight in shiny armor" which he is. Only thing that remained the same is his willingness to work and improve and that he will not back down from any challenge. Snow black also breaks the image of a conventional princess in "snow white", the helpless heroine in distress waiting to be rescued/protected in that she knows what she wants, can kick ass and clearly does not need to be rescued, physically anyway. Mentally, I cannot compare KYH to snow white because snow white is just too flat of a character to make any meaningful comparison. I'll say this though, KYH's character development is definitely not over, as her past becomes more clear and as fatso become more mature I definitely see the room for her character to develop. Right now all we know is 1. She get super jealousy if fatso does something with another girl. 2. She's willing to get hit by a car for fatso, getting ripped to shreds for fatso. Got knows what else she's willing to do in the future. But judging the degree she's willing to go to save fatso's ass she seemed pretty reserved when it comes to physical contact (few hugs, 1 sharing bed, and 1 near kiss). I think mostly because the author wants to keep it light for younger audience, but in terms of balance I found it kinda wierd
2. Fatso has a lot of room for development both physically and mentally. Mentally, he's really strong inside, just very insecure. He's strong enough to fight CD and regain control of himself which was impossible for the previous 5 versions of CD. He just needs to get over that I am fat and short complex which his growth sprout will soon help him with (he's like what 13?). And hopefully with improved physique his self confidence level becomes higher.
3. Fatso does not have a harlem. Chiyuri and him because they are childhood friends (might know a bit more as story goes on). Sky raker and him are more like older sister and young brother. Uiui I don't know, possibly mistaken identity as her decease brother? Rin's case it's definitely a mistaken identity as her comatose brother. And for Niko, it's more like a crush. Only person that is seriously in love with him is KYH. As for fatso himself I think he just super shy and doesnt reciprocate but from what I've read so far he considers KYH his only love interest. He just thinks that he's too unworthy to say anything back to her and I think KYH knows about it. This is good because he will have to grow some balls to actually do something about his own feelings instead of bottling it up or frickin fainting. And god damn it! how does one faint when his dream girl's body's pressed tightly against his in his own bed??! The author seriously needs to study what adrenaline does to a person. Although he might be getting better cus he hasn't fainted again. Good work fatso, keep at it!
3. This is gonna be a long and interesting series to follow if there is indeed season 2 because the LN does not seem to be ending soon.
4. The author definitely writes emotion well, he's withholding it on fatso possibly just to match his character development
Personally I get bored if the main characters are like Kira Yamato/Lacus Kline. I haven't encounter something as interesting as this in term of character development since NGE. I definitely look forward to read more of it
I wouldn't actually discount that yet...

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality