Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 14:53   Link #181
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Sakura is an exception, she is one of the main characters like Sasuke, so they'll be in the main story until the end of the manga. Even is Sakura-haters don't like that
But shes already been reduced to doing what everyone else that isn't an Uchiha, Naruto, Kage or a villain does.

Sitting on the sidelines crying out for Naruto.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 15:27   Link #182
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Tenten and Temari aren't fangirls. Irrelevant and mostly forgotten? Yes, but not fangirls. If Kishi actually remembers Temari had a developing and interesting equal partner relationship with Shikamaru. Rare for this manga with its silly one sided shonen love. Tenten fangirled Sasuke once and got over it. Now she just takes up oxygen on Gai's team.

A fangirl is a character who only exists to worship her chosen love. Even Sakura rises above this sometimes. Ino, Karin, Hinata and Shiho are Kishi's fangirls,

And the Mizukage isn't a fangirl. She is a cougar.
Old 2010-09-06, 18:42   Link #183
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
But shes already been reduced to doing what everyone else that isn't an Uchiha, Naruto, Kage or a villain does.

Sitting on the sidelines crying out for Naruto.
Didn't you see her doing all that shit recently? Even if her actions are useless she is still there in the main plot. She drugged her comrades, tried to kill Sasuke, lied to everybody, had a serious argument with Naruto, etc. She is "the woman" of this story, that's her role even if she had a great fight against Sasori.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 18:55   Link #184
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Whenever sakura appears in the manga all I can help to think is "silly woman." This isn't because I hate woman or am sexist or anything (because I am not, I respect women extremely), but this is how kishimoto has inherently made her. Sasori was a while ago and, let's be honest, she's pretty much only good for being a doctor now a days-which is important, but does not help the main story at all.

I wanna see hinata kill her just to get her out of the way at this point
Old 2010-09-07, 00:35   Link #185
Alchemist007
*Author

That'd be kinda OOC for Hinata
Old 2010-09-07, 03:02   Link #186
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Well, not that I thought they were even slightly interesting, I just find it odd that characters just disappear like that. At least tell us something like "They've been captured" or "They've been killed".
What are you talking about, this isn't Bleach, we were shown that Juugo and Suigetsu were captured by the bald samurai guy with the dragon tatoo. In the land of Iron. As for Karin, she's in Konoha's custody.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 03:28   Link #187
JustRob

All we saw is Juugo and Suigetsu disguising themselves as stormtroopers and getting caught. What kind of conclusion is that? Their fate is still uncertain. Were they put to death? Were they interrogated? Did they escape?
Old 2010-09-07, 10:20   Link #188
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
All we saw is Juugo and Suigetsu disguising themselves as stormtroopers and getting caught. What kind of conclusion is that? Their fate is still uncertain. Were they put to death? Were they interrogated? Did they escape?
Why would they be put to death? They're enemies and they have info. And honestly, I don't care enough about them to want to know what's happened to them since then. You were saying it was a loose end, but it isn't. A loose end would imply that they are still involved in the plot somehow. They were captured by a samurai (He's not even a ninja, and in a world that is centered around them, that's nothing short of an insult).

With Sasuke ditching both of them and Karin, team Taka and its members have become irrelevant. Ie why do you even care?
Old 2010-09-07, 12:23   Link #189
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

They have been captured about 35 chapters ago, it's not that long for side characters whose importance was based on their relation to Sasuke.
Their capture wasn't the conclusion of their characters, just the last time we heard about them because there have been more important matter at hand.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 15:04   Link #190
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I also don't think that she will die but after so many negative feelings, it kinda rubbed on me.

And yeh, it is Kubo's and Yagi's job to kill off someone like that out of nowhere.
Oh really. Were these last few chapters not an example of that. Kisame was gone for almost as long as Konan then he gets brought up and killed. Damn even Kubo Aizen loving ass isn't that bad.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 15:13   Link #191
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd say Orochimaru is an even better example. Poor guy didn't even last a chapter.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 15:45   Link #192
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Why would they be put to death? They're enemies and they have info. And honestly, I don't care enough about them to want to know what's happened to them since then. You were saying it was a loose end, but it isn't. A loose end would imply that they are still involved in the plot somehow. They were captured by a samurai (He's not even a ninja, and in a world that is centered around them, that's nothing short of an insult).
Were they captured? i mean just because the samurai found them doesn't mean they could not fight them off; hell the samurai come off as nothing more than cannon fodder. Could the two of them not resist? Wouldn't there be a chance they might either die or escape in the battle? If they were captured and pumped for information, don't you think we should hear what the Iron country had learned about their enemies... at the very least we should get some comment on it... Hell wouldn't madara want to keep them from talking just like Karin? wouldn't he maybe want to make sure they "mysteriously" died in their cells?

This is why people call it a loose end, because it was not at all conclusive since their are many things that could have happened after they were found.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 19:04   Link #193
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Were they captured? i mean just because the samurai found them doesn't mean they could not fight them off; hell the samurai come off as nothing more than cannon fodder. Could the two of them not resist? Wouldn't there be a chance they might either die or escape in the battle? If they were captured and pumped for information, don't you think we should hear what the Iron country had learned about their enemies... at the very least we should get some comment on it... Hell wouldn't madara want to keep them from talking just like Karin? wouldn't he maybe want to make sure they "mysteriously" died in their cells?

This is why people call it a loose end, because it was not at all conclusive since their are many things that could have happened after they were found.
I agree that the situation wasn't extremely clear, but both Juugo and Suigetsu were coming out of a difficult fight. They were surrounded, and by god, the samurai have wireless comms. I'm pretty sure that Sasuke's associates, after the ruckus they caused, wouldn't be allowed by the summit to just fight their way through and escape. Now -that- would be a plothole.

As Hunter said, Suigetsu and Juugo are hardly important. Currently, there are bigger things happening in the ninja world and I'm happy that Kishi is focusing on that rather than cater to the few Taka fans.

@kitten, yeah Yagi did kind of screw me over by killing Miria. I mean what the hell.
Old 2010-09-07, 20:12   Link #194
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I actually find Team Taka a lot more interesting now that they're out from underneath Sasuke's skirts. What made them so unappealing was the fact that their only purpose seemed to be as tools for Sasuke. At least now they have opportunity for different roles even if they continue to be very minor characters.

I want to see what happens to Juugo and Suigetsu...eventually. There's no rush really.

There's Konan vs. Madara for starters, after that it should be about time to see what kind of trouble Sasuke's brewin'. Maybe after that I wouldn't mind a glimpse of Team Taka.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 21:17   Link #195
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:

Its kinda how kishi leaves things. Like with dozu and hidate way back. He doesnt confirm things. Im not saying theyre dead, just saying it wouldnt surprise me.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 22:16   Link #196
Nite-Wing

Well we finally get to see an uchiha again
Call me interested Kishi
Old 2010-09-07, 22:35   Link #197
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:

Mifune went with Okisuke to the second Kage summit. The very badass looking Okisuke was the one who actually captured Juugo and Suigetsu. So it is safe to assume he pwned them. He is likely a lot stronger than either of those two punks put together. And the samurai were probably more than enough to handle them anyway.

If Kishimoto actually cared about them as characters, then he might of wrote about their further adventures. But he didn't because there are far more important things than the fate of two meaningless side characters to deal with. So we can conclude nothing happened and they are rotting in jail. As hunter pointed out, 35 plus chapters isn't a long time for Kishi to forget about fodder anyway. If he forgets for like 200 chapters, then maybe we could wonder what was their fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
There's Konan vs. Madara for starters, after that it should be about time to see what kind of trouble Sasuke's brewin'. Maybe after that I wouldn't mind a glimpse of Team Taka.
The original 15 genin deserve screentime long before those guys. Yes even Tenten!

In this manga the Konoha 11 + Sand Siblings >>>>>>> over fodder characters we barely know from Taka. We already saw enough of their abilities. And we only saw them at all because of Sasuke. Now that he dumped them, it's like who cares? They are not part of Naruto's core cast. Karin crushing on Naruto or revealing some major info on Sasuke is the only thing to make anyone from Taka still relevant.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 00:49   Link #198
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Hmm, just reread it again. Is it just a weird translation or is Madara referring to Konan as Nagato?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 01:21   Link #199
james0246

Chapter 509 thread open...though there is no spoiler just yet...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion