AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-11, 23:09   Link #381
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

FML no thanks no no no no no. The last thing we need is Old Gakuen vs New Gakuen vs Human Gakuen or some other crap.
Old 2013-05-11, 23:39   Link #382
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
As long as it doesn't take place in highschool
middle school then, or would you prefer kindergarden where the main character is a teacher leading an army of lolis?

As someone now well versed in what has happened in past eushully game I thought soukoku wasn't that bad. I guess it was not what old time fans expected from the company.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:46   Link #383
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I hated Soukoku because of how moot it made the War of the Three Pantheons feel. "Whoooo we can have superpowers, whoooo we can stand toe-to-toe with these freaks from another world! HUZZAH HUMANS" wasn't exactly the whole mood of it all. Humans never really had powers to begin with; they used technology to try and turn the tides against both the Old and New Pantheons, and just from looking at the remnants of the tech from that war (with the hints and bits from ZERO, Genrin 1/2, etc.), you can get an idea as to how desperate/diabolical human tech was at the time.

That is to say, curbstomped. So bad. So hard. And yet it was because of humans trying to tinker with something beyond their comprehension that led to all this mess in the first place, that both worlds ended up fused with one another and that all hell broke loose.

I mean, come on. For reference, Celica himself couldn't even keep up with Majin Haishera, before he became a Godslayer, and he was a pretty competent swordsman at that point - "Barouhart's best", or so Celica's master praised him as. Louie couldn't fight Majin Dianne on an equal footing unless he exploited her weakness, otherwise he would get his ass kicked, and this is the son of one of Buleard's Ten Pillars. Ignaat, for all his Dragon-obtained strength, could only take on a Majin or something such as powerful on one-on-one combat, and even then it was still risky for him unless all the odds were in his favor.

And you expect me to believe that some no-name high school kids with super powers are able to fight these Majins and Angels on an equal footing? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-05-12 at 00:07.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:34   Link #384
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

hmmm... in this case the RTS element used in madou kokakou might be a missed opportunity, as I think kakakou did a pretty decent job playing out a conquest -type plot. Its going to be hard to get the feel for a war in an RPG-based game revolving around a band of heroes.

I suppose the angels and demons in soukoku were relatively low ranked? With exception of demon-route Mehisha or Hagenti (defeated with ganoel's powers) in dreamland.

The way I see what happened in soukoku is that the angels and demons were in a deadlock, so even a slight tip in the scale can cause the war to be won/lost. Also depending on Syuya's actual power he can be extremely OPed (ability to absorb powers and also create monster clones on demand, with blood control giving him acceptable combat potentials- though I am not sure if the full extents of his powers are canon or just a way for Eushully to tie in the card game system).
Old 2013-05-12, 00:37   Link #385
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

But Hemisphere! Zombies are so op. And those debuffs....

ZOMBIES RAISE A ZOMBIE ARMYYY!

BRAINS!!! NEED MOAR BRAINSSS!!

I'm sad Soukoku didn't have that three-headed angel from the final Asomo mission...

THAT CHARACTER DESIGN IS PURE AWESOMENESS.

Last edited by Drkz; 2013-05-12 at 00:51.
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:44   Link #386
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

They'll probably use that conquest RTS engine for a (dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn) Genrin 3. And I hope they do, because we need a Genrin 3.

The moment some high school kid with super powers could take on Majins and such in just a few days without no prior training nor conditioning, with the battles having no sense of dread or urgency to them at all, was when I just basically threw my hands up in surrender and went full-on "just here for the fuckans" mode instead, seeing as it basically trampled all over the feeling of oppression and brevity that I was used to in Eushully games.

And I don't know if it's officially canon, but to me, superpowers will never count. Never saw 'em before in Dir=Lyfna, and I'm hoping I never will again, ever, because they just screw up the lore. I don't really want to come off as just a bitter old fart, but seriously. High school kids. With superpowers.

wat.

What I would've preferred is if Soukoku was something more along the likes a game that had humans slowly gathering together to build their sort-of-mini resistance, trying to adapt to the fusion of the two worlds as it slowly progresses, while fighting off forces from the "other" world who view them with hostility and curiosity. They would also be slowly expanding their territory in order to make sure that they had "some place to call home" while the two worlds slowly fused together, discovering new things along the way, and they'd be doing it all it with technology under their belt. The humans would be doing their damned best to adapt, and we would slowly be introduced to the artificial machine gods of man, and be able to use them as units instead of just having them introduced and hinted to via stupid cards. Humans would be shown initially winning thanks to the novelty and the power of the technology that they posses only for the ending to slowly hint that the Old and the New Pantheons have gotten tired of their shit, ending with some bittersweet optimistic remarks about how the future looks bright and all that stuff. Now that I would've supported.
Old 2013-05-12, 01:33   Link #387
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

1) The cubes which granted them power (and somehow stopped an earthquake): what are they exactly? I don't recall seeing them at the MHI.

2) Isn't what you said sort of the story of the human route? Trying to secure shelter while trying to find a way home while remaining neutral.

The story isn't too unbelievable: if two forces are in a stalemate position, they will *really* want to use the humans as a tool to tip the scale. From the human perspective (outside of two key figures: sayane and narumi): they have no clue exactly what is going on, or even have the time to worry about the fused world... they just want to "go home".

//

Harem route:
Dark corona is :O??? Can even learn the dictatorship skill eventually.
Too bad her stats without beastmode is completely horrible: even worse than the basic cannonfodders you get initially.
(I guess she is still horrible with beastmode, I dont get the concept of assassin in this game as they lack the range to do their job)
Old 2013-05-12, 01:37   Link #388
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yeah, those stupid deus ex machina cubes don't sit well with me either. Just take them out, make technology the cutting-edge (and ONLY) advantage of humans, and I'd be more accepting of Soukoku. The foundations were there, but the execution was just iffy at best.

That, and have them explore the levels humanity is willing to reach just to try and stand on equal footing with the gods they stood against (genetic manipulation, WMDs, etc.), and what they were willing to sacrifice in order to get that far just to survive. That was another aspect I felt Soukoku really missed out on, because the whole "lol superpowers" aspect just downplayed it so badly (it's also relevant as to why the existence of the 'Godslayer' is such an anathema to the entirety of Dir=Lyfna, lore-wise; because Gods are as close to the penultimate existence as you can get).
Old 2013-05-12, 01:52   Link #389
Drkz

Dark Corona. Lewd Corona!!!

I don't think your suppose to consider it canon. Cause I don't want a polar bear route so it isn't canon. They tried something new, sadly nippon wasn't ready for ero-card game. Now they went for LESS COMBINE ALL KNOWN SLG ASPECTS AND PUT THEM IN ONE GAME. What they'll do now... time will time. In the mean time. MAIDS. I NEED MY BROKEN MAID ARMYYYY.
Old 2013-05-12, 01:54   Link #390
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

What will they do now? Genrin 3, that's what. Whether they like it or not.

Don't make me get Anastasia and her nasu army to come over there!
Old 2013-05-12, 02:01   Link #391
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

did soukoku do that bad in japan in terms of sales?

Honestly if they made a mehisha figure I would buy it.

I think I also like kokakou more than soukoku, which I like more than kamidori.

However gameplay balance wise I think kamidori really shined. Kokakou isn't that bad if not for the steep learning curve (I rmb confusing the dark/ice/no-elemental type when I started) and faceroll endgame difficulties.

The tech is def there: we some 3v6 battles on the last fight, I would like to see more epic battles.

//

They are going to surprise us and make a FPS next. Mark my words.
Old 2013-05-12, 02:03   Link #392
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

FPS brb tearing up my Eushully fanclub membership card while weeping fresh tears of blood.

If they make a Mehisha or even an Atori figure I would make sweet sweet greasy monkey love to them all day and night long reward their efforts with an appropriate purchase.
Old 2013-05-12, 11:36   Link #393
Drkz

I saw one eushully figure. I don't need to see another one.

It was more "doll=like" than figure...

What eushully needs is a anime though. Or even a ova.
Old 2013-05-12, 11:43   Link #394
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Speaking of Eushully figures, the one (and only) Eushully figure I remember seeing was Sylphietta's from Meishoku no Reiki. This one (might be NSFW? only if you click on the nudie naughty bits).

God, I remember that game's hilarious append content, where Sylphietta and Ignaat's daughter (the Lily prototype) made the Yuusha her bitch. Hahaha.

I don't really think any Eushully title would translate well to being an anime, or OVA for that matter.
Old 2013-05-12, 11:53   Link #395
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

its not just a doll, its a madou kokakkou!

I prefer a Lune one over Aru desuno~

I think madou has enough juice in it for an anime. Although new material, like the war of the three gods would be more interesting. (reminds me of utawarerumono: still waiting for sequel to come out)

If that happens this thread will be flooded by so many people -_-
Old 2013-05-12, 11:55   Link #396
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I...I have another confession to make.

...I want a Haishera plushie (modeled after the "Haishera Sword" in Kamidori).

Ye gods, I so want one.
Old 2013-05-12, 12:02   Link #397
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

As someone who has only known Haishera from Soukoku and kokakou append, whats so cute about her? She is more badass than cute in my eyes.
Old 2013-05-12, 12:24   Link #398
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

She's badass incarnate, but she's definitely got her cute moments. Not overly moe appeal gushing kawaii cuteness, but still very cute moments nonetheless.

Like the time she commented on how Celica was treating her like a lover, in VERITA (and she was enjoying it immensely, as Celica was pretty much pampering her at the time - after an intense DUEL TO THE DEATH, no less). Or that time she was faintly amused by Celica "messing up" in one moment, then jealous the next after he takes an "interest" in Eklia Femlins from their encounter in Genrin 2. Or how she basically fondles Celica like a baby after his reawakening in ZERO. And such. Or when she scolds Celica for forgetting her name, then laughing it off during the ZERO epilogue. Etc...

I'd also like to think of it as a huge in-joke. Seeing as while Haishera does accompany Celica in their travels together as a sword (and when he's staying in Lewinia), she is not always in the form of one; she often takes the form of a dagger or short sword in order to conserve energy (as they don't get into life-or-death battles as often as one might think). Short sword/dagger = chibified sword, so the chibified Haishera form...makes sense if you think about it (gag-wise).

Besides, an angry Haishera plushie is the closest thing I can get to having something resembling Haishera. Don't ruin this for me. ;w;
Old 2013-05-12, 15:28   Link #399
Key Board
Carbon

I honestly don't like Haishera that much, because I don't like Celica that much.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 18:30   Link #400
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Same here, I like Louie more.
Maybe because the first game I played is Genrin II.
I also prefer Genrin II's girls: Faamishirusu, Ekria (Kishougun Ekria >>> moe Ekria), the dragon knight girl with dual scythe, Shirufia, ...
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eukleia, eushully, kamidori, kokakou, srpg