AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-12-03, 18:11   Link #1
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite.

Quote:
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike.

In addition to single player Arcade, Training, and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.

Features

• Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and free-form 2v2 team battles, which allow for new gameplay dynamics never-before-seen in the franchise.

• Infinite Power: Choose one of the six powerful Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone will customize characters with unique abilities and powerful game-changing effects that can quickly turn the tide of battle.

• Iconic Heroes: Select from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from the Marvel and Capcom Universes, including Captain Marvel and Iron Man from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.

• Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.

• Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission, and Arcade modes.

• Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.

• Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
2v2. Gems like in MSH. X and Captain Marvel.

Not sure if hype, I hated MvC3. But we'll see.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 18:42   Link #2
Freeter
beyond

Let's hope they get the release model right this time and have a full package at launch. This better not be a repeat of MVC3's Ultimate mistake.

Rashid will likely be the SF5 representative. His wind techniques would feel right at home in the Marvel engine like Viper's did.
Old 2016-12-03, 20:28   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Let's hope they get the release model right this time and have a full package at launch. This better not be a repeat of MVC3's Ultimate mistake.

Rashid will likely be the SF5 representative. His wind techniques would feel right at home in the Marvel engine like Viper's did.
After Super SFIV > AE > AE 2012 > Ultra and how SFV is set up if it's a repeat of UMVC3 it's clearly due to Marvel not Capcom.... and UMVC3 was also due to Marvel forcing Capcom to release so quickly as well...

As for SFV rep... way more chance it's Necali.... he can fill that Wolverine void.... they'll just make his clawing slash attack a motion move in this game instead of charge (which was how it originally was in SFV anyway).
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 23:43   Link #4
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
• Infinite Power: Choose one of the six powerful Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone will customize characters with unique abilities and powerful game-changing effects that can quickly turn the tide of battle.
Oh god, please not another one of those gems bullshit from SFxT

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 00:33   Link #5
GDB

I feel like I remember that Infinite Power thing from the arcade/Dreamcast version of MvC2.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 01:24   Link #6
rl7animate

I don't really play much of the Marvel series, but I still want to see the game in action. That is interesting that it's 2v2. I'd rather play 2v2 anyways.. While I don't mind playing 3 characters, I'd much rather focus on playing 1 or 2.
rl7animate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 01:28   Link #7
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 01:32   Link #8
rl7animate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
vertical hadouken!
rl7animate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 03:28   Link #9
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Earlier this week, when the rumors about this were strong, I made a prediciton list of 24 characters (12 from each side) at my tumblr & new grounds page.

So far, so good. let's see how much I get rigth.

EDIT: Also, calling it earlier, the bad guy at the end of the trailer, betting for it to be some sort of fussion between Ultron and Astaroth (ghosts n goblins)
Old 2016-12-04, 05:00   Link #10
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Oh god, please not another one of those gems bullshit from SFxT
It's not SFxT gems, it's more like Marvel Super Heroes gems.

Though apparently they work more like grooves (CvS) now?

Last edited by Tokkan; 2016-12-04 at 05:33.
Old 2016-12-04, 07:10   Link #11
rl7animate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
It's not SFxT gems, it's more like Marvel Super Heroes gems.

Though apparently they work more like grooves (CvS) now?
That would actually be nice if they truly work like grooves. I've always kinda liked the idea of that kind of feature (like grooves in CvS, Moons in Melty Blood, etc).
Old 2016-12-04, 08:29   Link #12
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Glad to see X made it to the game after so much time without his own game. Also, I hope they give him a good VA considering Mark Gatta retired
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 10:40   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I hope they add Marvel characters that haven't yet to appear in any MVC games like Magik, Nico Minoru, Emma Frost, Quake, Gamora and Star Lord
Old 2016-12-04, 13:10   Link #14
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 16:59   Link #15
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I hope they add Marvel characters that haven't yet to appear in any MVC games like Magik, Nico Minoru, Emma Frost, Quake, Gamora and Star Lord
If the game is going the MCU route, then we'd most likely could be seeing Star Lord (I can see at least one more GotG member in the game) and Quake (as the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. representative). One other character that would be a possibility based on this criteria: Black Panther.

EDIT: The extended version of the gameplay trailer just aired on the ESPN 2 airing of the Capcom Cup finals, with it confirming that Captain America and Morrigan will be playable again in the latest Marvel vs. Capcom game.

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2016-12-04 at 21:01.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-04, 21:30   Link #16
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Espn trailer with Captain America and Morrigan

Old 2016-12-04, 22:13   Link #17
Tokkan

Quote:
Espn trailer with Captain America and Morrigan

Direct-Feed official upload from Marvel's YouTube channel.
Old 2016-12-04, 23:05   Link #18
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Anyway, any news about the inclusion/exclusion of X-men and Fantastic 4 characters? It seems like Marvel is using this game to promote the MCU.

Old 2016-12-04, 23:22   Link #19
Tokkan

Quote:
Anyway, any news about the inclusion/exclusion of X-men and Fantastic 4 characters? It seems like Marvel is using this game to promote the MCU.
The only comment we've gotten is "that heritage is not forgotten". Take of that what you will.
Old 2016-12-05, 01:41   Link #20
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Captain America & Morrigan in, safe bets, but still accuarate.