AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-27, 13:30   Link #161
DanielSong39

All I can say about the deal with Nanaka's parents is that it gives us a pretty good picture of Sana and Nanaka's future.

Should be quite a ride.
Old 2007-12-27, 13:32   Link #162
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
All I can say about the deal with Nanaka's parents is that it gives us a pretty good picture of Sana and Nanaka's future.

Should be quite a ride.
It depends as lots of people are able to break out from the cycle of violence. If they are able to learn from their bad experiences they might be able to ensure that their children never have to face it. Of course they might just inflict it on their children too
Old 2007-12-27, 13:33   Link #163
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

Should be quite a ride.
"Shuusuke's the real father!" "You bitch!" *torches the place*

Nah, just don't see Sana hitting Nanaka. If anything he'd lay back, accept it, and slit his wrists.
Old 2007-12-27, 13:38   Link #164
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post

Nah, just don't see Sana hitting Nanaka. If anything he'd lay back, accept it, and slit his wrists.
Replace Shuusuke with Asami, b**** with creep, and Sana with Nanaka - and I could definitely see it happening.
Old 2007-12-27, 13:39   Link #165
grey_moon

Quote:

That is the one thing really missing. We know he didn't get his wishes with the park, but did he lose his position, money and wife as well?
Old 2007-12-27, 13:46   Link #166
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
It is a sad day when someone pulls the feminist card to defend the actions of domestic violence. It has nothing to do with sexism. Nanaka's mum might have been wrong but her actions were to protect the life of her child. Nanaka's dads was to take it away with violence.
I don't even waste my time replying to the rest, but let me tell you this: I didn't play any card... it's you who wants to make Nanaka's mother appearing like a poor victim of his bear-like husband. No matter how much you deny it, your words state that. For me if Nanaka's mother was the one betrayed she stabbing her husband would be understandable. In a court anyway this shouldn't matter because an assassination is an assassination. Ok it's my last post here. It was a good ride evreyone.
Old 2007-12-27, 13:51   Link #167
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I don't even waste my time replying to the rest, but let me tell you this: I didn't play any card... it's you who wants to make Nanaka's mother appearing like a poor victim of his bear-like husband. No matter how much you deny it, your words state that. For me if Nanaka's mother was the one betrayed she stabbing her husband would be understandable. In a court anyway this shouldn't matter because an assassination is an assassination. Ok it's my last post here. It was a good ride evreyone.
Let me guess you want to hit me instead

If you bothered to read my posts, you will see I actually didn't defend Nanaka's mum. I actually spent of my time having a go at her dad and people who support her dad's actions.

The line about Nanaka being the only victim of the whole sorry affair should have been a bit of a give away!
Old 2007-12-27, 14:18   Link #168
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

hhmmm well not sure what to make of this ep. Maybe I'm at a loss of words to desrcibe it or that the auld grey cells were turned off while watching the ep, it was rather late at the time. anyway here goes!

Well first off, I know everyones saying that Sana's past was shortly explained but I felt that his past was fairly simple. He was bullied, didn't know how to handle it so decided to take the easy way out didn't work so he wanted to go where he felt most comfortable and thats where he ends up.

Nanaka's tragic family problems brought on by the parents, which both should have been flailed, poor lass was surprised at who was the real father, didn't see that coming.

all in all not a bad ending to not a bad anime for me, honestly at some point I was expecting something like SD, don't know why I thought that but I do think that down to the time I was watching this ep

the time skip was rather.....well rather meh. Everyone seems to being doing fine but were not told how fine.

oh almost forgot Nanaka as absolutely at the end! that alone raised the rating of this series fairly high

at this point I can't honestly be arsed to write anymore, so gonna leave it there. Gotta go over to the character poll and series ending threads...ahh more keyboard bashing to come

P.S Yuzuki-sensei, my kinda woman, she ages incredibly well, what shes 35 after skip and she still looks just like she was before, maybe even younger! def my kinda woman
Old 2007-12-27, 14:48   Link #169
othic
rhymes w/but isn't gothic

Everything I wildly guessed from the start sorta came true.
I didn't like how they really just wasted time with nanaka hiding in her room.
I guess they ran out of stuff to put in the show.

I don't like the whole 10 year thing.
Really wished they came up with a better ending.

If anything, because of school days I think I was hoping for a violent end.
Old 2007-12-27, 14:52   Link #170
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Let me guess you want to hit me instead

If you bothered to read my posts, you will see I actually didn't defend Nanaka's mum. I actually spent of my time having a go at her dad and people who support her dad's actions.

The line about Nanaka being the only victim of the whole sorry affair should have been a bit of a give away!
Wow i go to lunch and I miss all this shit i kind of started. Oh well Grey_moon said everything I would have said if i had been around. Instead of attacking he should have defended his position. The funny thing is no one was picking on him it was just a debate on moral grounds. If he cant handle a simple disagreement then maybe beating the crap out of someone is in his nature. Oh well Grey_moon very well put you answers were based on reason and logic and i can respect that.
Old 2007-12-27, 15:26   Link #171
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Domestic violence is something I won't support for either sides
But the one who is in the wrong here is Nanaka's father. Even if he was betrayed, such a thing doesn't call for "a beating" or even murder. Deep down he is a psycho and thankfully Nanaka didn't get his genes ^^ (He gave them to Asami instead!).

Seriously though...even if Nanaka wasn't his real daughter so what? It isn't that big of a deal when she was brought up to be his daughter. Such a thing can't be helped but I won't say that Nanaka's mother didn't have any responsibility either.

Whatever the outcome she should have discussed it with her husband. He might not have opt to abort the child but she assumed that he would. Dam heck he would now that he is enraged - people say all sorts of things when they are angry...she did no good to provoke him further but hinting that sensei would have been a better husband >.>

Two wrongs made a murder in this case...*sigh*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-27, 15:28   Link #172
DanielSong39

Agreed that just about all the adults failed in epic fashion (with Yuzuki-sensei and Aoi's mom being the only exceptions) in this show; only question is whether Sana and Nanaka will be able to avoid their pitfalls.

Odds are against them, but there's always hope.
Old 2007-12-27, 15:40   Link #173
golthin

Quote:

My god that was so funny!
Old 2007-12-27, 16:54   Link #174
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
hey where can i find more info about Asami's parents?
Old 2007-12-27, 16:58   Link #175
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
hey where can i find more info about Asami's parents?
Game thread, or ask a game player like Chewy.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-27, 17:49   Link #176
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Not a bad ending, I was expecting a little more but I am somewhat happy with that ending.
OH and the lucky couples are!:
First we have Sana X Nanaka (Eh we already kinda knew that one)
In number two we have Shuusuke X Shuri (well we already knew this one was coming too , I'm happy for them ehhhh... they found happiness together I guess)
Then we have Hinako X some random dude? (eh whatever)
And last but not least we have Aoi X Asami (Now that's some HOT les couple )
Old 2007-12-27, 17:53   Link #177
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
Then we have Hinako X some random dude? (eh whatever)
No, not random. That guy is the same little boy that Asami brought to the amusement park.

Amusingly, when they were little, Hinako was the one that dragged him around, but 10 years later, he's the one dragging her.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-27, 17:57   Link #178
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
No, not random. That guy is the same little boy that Asami brought to the amusement park.

Amusingly, when they were little, Hinako was the one that dragged him around, but 10 years later, he's the one dragging her.
Oh must have forgotten , still she look alot more younger then him haha
Old 2007-12-27, 17:59   Link #179
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
It's the "never grow old" potion again...yuzuki must have shared some of her secrets for immortality...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-27, 18:02   Link #180
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

That's probably the best part of this episode, because it's one of the only things that made sense.
Closed Thread