AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-06-25, 14:43   Link #2021
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
hmm.. will the dvd have sub ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Don't all DVDs have that option? O.o
If we're talking about the Shana movie DVD, then no, typically the Japanese release would not have English subs. There's no word whether the Shana movie will be licensed for North America and translated.

The movie's a condensed retelling of the TV show's beginning with some added footage, so personally I'm not really that interested in seeing it.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 16:39   Link #2022
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
If we're talking about the Shana movie DVD, then no, typically the Japanese release would not have English subs. There's no word whether the Shana movie will be licensed for North America and translated.
Ooooooooohh....

My bad. I didn't realize he was talking about a Japanese DVD.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 17:34   Link #2023
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm assuming that it's pretty darn likely that we'll be getting the Movie in R1 eventually, but time will tell. The last series DVD is being released next week, so I suppose this weekend would be an opportune time for an announcement...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 17:50   Link #2024
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
for the price of the movie dvd,

Normal version: JPY 5040
Special collection: JPY 10290

reference
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000S93596/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000S9359G/
so what extra goodies come with paying twice the normal price? O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 18:10   Link #2025
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, it seems like the Limited Edition is a three-disc set, featuring the full-length version (90 minutes) with two audio commentaries, the original theatre version (65 minutes), and another disc full of extras, like a 1-hour "making of" documentary, promo material, and a new Shana-tan segment. It also includes another "Grimoire" book, with illustrations from the movie, story explanations, character & settings info, etc. The Regular Edition only includes the 90-minute version of the movie with one audio commentary, and some promo clips.
Old 2007-06-25, 20:56   Link #2026
Devard

Quote:
relentless flame pretty much summed it all up quite nicely. Other sources have indicated that a B2-sized poster will be included with the DVD (this is for both the regular and the limited editions) although Amazon does not quote this.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 22:30   Link #2027
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Other sources have indicated that a B2-sized poster will be included with the DVD (this is for both the regular and the limited editions) although Amazon does not quote this.
Yeah, apparently that's a firstpress bonus - order early!
Old 2007-06-26, 03:36   Link #2028
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

gosh..why the hell is it expensive.. $70+ if convert to sg dollar that a lot.I could have bought dvd and complete a few series with that money Oo
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 16:33   Link #2029
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
gosh..why the hell is it expensive.. $70+ if convert to sg dollar that a lot.I could have bought dvd and complete a few series with that money Oo
Well, different market, different pricing schemes. That's not unusual pricing for Japan, but would be considered expensive by most other market standards. It all depends on what you're used to, I guess.
Old 2007-06-26, 18:34   Link #2030
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and it depends on how hardcore of a fan you are on this series :3 even though it is rather tempting it will leave a rather big pot hole in my wallet if i decide to get the special edition (not to mention that my parents will think im totally insane )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 18:39   Link #2031
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
and it depends on how hardcore of a fan you are on this series :3 even though it is rather tempting it will leave a rather big pot hole in my wallet if i decide to get the special edition (not to mention that my parents will think im totally insane )
See, and this is why things get more dangerous when you a) are working full-time, and b) stop caring what your parents/people think (and, of course, c) don't have a family to support). Special Edition here I come!!
Old 2007-06-27, 07:42   Link #2032
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
See, and this is why things get more dangerous when you a) are working full-time, and b) stop caring what your parents/people think (and, of course, c) don't have a family to support). Special Edition here I come!!

Thats even worst when you are an NSMen with $400 pay per month and nothing to do all the time... ._.

Already burned a small hole buying the Shakugan no Shana and Rozen Maiden manga in trad chinese
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 09:25   Link #2033
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
And of all honesty, I find that Marianne and Friagne are the best villians out of the 3 sets of villians(Excluding the flashback Arc)...

It'd be much better if they're more developed though. I kinda liked those 2 guys(And muppets).
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 16:14   Link #2034
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
And of all honesty, I find that Marianne and Friagne are the best villians out of the 3 sets of villians(Excluding the flashback Arc)...

It'd be much better if they're more developed though. I kinda liked those 2 guys(And muppets).
if you would like to see them more developed then watch the movie..
Old 2007-06-30, 12:59   Link #2035
Robotnik
Not a member

According to AnimeOnDVD, Geneon has licensed the Shana OVA (the hotspring one?):

Quote:
Geneon has licensed the Shakugan no Shana OVA (1 episode, 26 minutes) It will be sold the same as the Mahoromatic OVA was; separately as well as with a box for the entire series
Yay for the OVA! Yay for a box to hold all the DVDs! Boo for one more disc to buy!
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 19:52   Link #2036
carmolita

Why did shana predecessor(the former flame haze of the flame of heaven) kill herself? Or end her life?
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 20:24   Link #2037
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Why did shana predecessor(the former flame haze of the flame of heaven) kill herself? Or end her life?
i think u misunderstand..she did not end her life or kill herself.. She Sacifies herselves by using Teppa Jousai to save something( i forgot)
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 02:05   Link #2038
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
According to AnimeOnDVD, Geneon has licensed the Shana OVA (the hotspring one?):

Yay for the OVA! Yay for a box to hold all the DVDs! Boo for one more disc to buy!
I hope it isn't the same price as the TV series DVDs. Not paying so much for 30 minutes...
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 05:31   Link #2039
Kensuke

It makes me think, how are they going to release this episode, just one episode on DVD, plus perhaps a lot of extras?
Hopefully they will license the movie too, and put the OVA on same DVD as extra.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 13:18   Link #2040
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I hope it isn't the same price as the TV series DVDs. Not paying so much for 30 minutes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
It makes me think, how are they going to release this episode, just one episode on DVD, plus perhaps a lot of extras?
Well, since they said it would be like the Mahoromatic OVA release, that was $14.98 for just the DVD, and $24.98 for the DVD+Box, and it was basically just the episode plus extras. Those example prices (the actual pricing hasn't been announced!) are obviously MSRP, so you would be able to find them much cheaper at online stores. Not saying for sure they'll do the same, but that was the example they gave.

Putting the movie and OVA on the same disc probably won't happen, though. Besides, the movie itself has a ton of extras, so would deserve its own disc.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere