AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 48 29.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 26.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 15.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 6.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-03, 00:43   Link #41
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You probably want to mean that Kuroko's actions and thoughts are epically perfect. Or would you rather be in Kuroko's place in the bath?
I'd like to feel up Misaka's modesty if you know what I mean-

*IS SHOT*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 00:50   Link #42
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
These characters without touma is sad
I do agree to some extent, though I wouldn't go so far as to call them sad As characters they can stand perfectly fine on their own; however, as annoying as Touma was, it's really going to be a while before I get used to not seeing these characters get preached around by Touma every chance he gets.

Well anyways, it was nothing short of a great start for the series I was anticipating the most this season. Index also started off pretty strong, but that quick deteriorated fairly quickly, so let's hope that Biribiri doesn't follow it's predecessor down the same spiral. I've only skimmed through a few manga chapters, so this is all fairly new to me... it's going to be an interesting ride. It was a good introduction episode with clean animation for the most part, stellar music, and a colerful cast of characters...

■ What happened to Satomi Arai? Kuroko had a much more solemn and small role in Index, so I guessed I didn't notice that her voice is kind of annoying until now. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I can't really say I enjoy hearing Kuroko talk for long periods of time, which is a shame since I like her lesbianism character. She's probably the craziest lesbian I've ever seen, but she makes up for it when she goes Judgement and gets more badass than maybe even Misaka.
■ And on the same subject of characters, I really don't like characters like Kongo Mitsuko... and they even put the icing on the cake with the fan that usually accompanies her types of characters. I hope she stays minor, but it doesn't look like it's going to be the case.
■ They don't waste any time with the fanservice do they? Only the first episode and there's already a shower scene... well the sooner the better I suppose.
■ I wonder just how large of an organization Judgement is, and why a level 5 like Misaka isn't apart of it. Ah well, from the way things look, Misaka and Saten will either join Judgement eventually or just continue to assist them with their business. I was also hoping we at least got a clue to what Uiharu's power is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Index basically took this interesting and unusual "Academy City" setting with the psychics and the levels and everything and proceeded to ignore most of it in favor of constantly introducing random magical elements that deliberately could not be explained in a way that made sense compared to the rest of it. It's pretty easy to see why focusing on one side of the magic vs science story makes the story a whole lot more coherent.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:55   Link #43
LusterFlare
Lost.

I liked the first ep. Though for some reason or another, I dropped the original anime a long while back. Maybe I should pick up again.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 01:12   Link #44
Bordix

nice~ an excellent start for railgun.

I was also surprised at the fan service in the shower, didn't expect them push it that far. But hey, that's good thing for us The esper side is what I liked most about this franchise. I'm hoping to see more espers with cool powers, especially it seems that they're introducing new characters not from the original material.

Kuroko is so badass when she's not in yuri mode, Loving those dart teleporting action

The opening was okay and cant wait for the ending.
Old 2009-10-03, 01:22   Link #45
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I've never been able to understand why people hate Kuroko's voice so much. I think her voice is great, and for me it adds to how much I already like her character.

Besides, if you think her voice is annoying.....then you haven't watched enough anime.

No, I mean it.

If you've seen some of the shows I've seen, you'd appreciate how not annoying her voice is.

Try listening to Aoi's voice in Myself; Yourself, just to name one. And that's only the most recent show I've seen with an annoying voice......
Old 2009-10-03, 01:23   Link #46
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
■ And on the same subject of characters, I really don't like characters like Kongo Mitsuko... and they even put the icing on the cake with the fan that usually accompanies her types of characters. I hope she stays minor, but it doesn't look like it's going to be the case.
Given that I've read all the translated manga for this and I have no idea who she is, I don't think she's going to be too important, for a while anyway.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 01:31   Link #47
Rava

It's funny...I don't like the actual voice for Kuroko, but the voice ACTING was great. There was a scene where the voice didn't annoy me at all though--when she's casually flipping the lardass onto the ground.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 01:35   Link #48
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Index basically took this interesting and unusual "Academy City" setting with the psychics and the levels and everything and proceeded to ignore most of it in favor of constantly introducing random magical elements that deliberately could not be explained in a way that made sense compared to the rest of it. It's pretty easy to see why focusing on one side of the magic vs science story makes the story a whole lot more coherent.
^This^. The science-heavy Mikoto arc in Index is what got me to watch the series to completion, I had stopped at episode 7 or 8 for several months after having lost all interest (they introduced way too much stuff that ultimately didn't matter at that time).

This ep was a great start, delivered on all expected fronts:battles, yuri, fanservice, details about Academy City/Judgement. Rated 8/10 due to a few annoyances regarding the ordering of the scenes, and the unnecessary secrecy behind Mikoto/Kuroko's powers since anyone who watched Index would already know them...

As for Touma, maybe I've watched one too many spinoffs but I wasn't expecting him to have more than 10 scenes for the entire series, so his absence was somewhat expected. Nothing against the guy, but there wasn't really any scene which jumped at me 'hmm, I wish Touma were here...'
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 01:41   Link #49
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Nuu... I don't wanna watch Railgun till I get the subs... But...

Nice work on spotting the cameos. Crossing them all within the same episode... They really aren't holding back this time.
Old 2009-10-03, 01:45   Link #50
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I've never been able to understand why people hate Kuroko's voice so much. I think her voice is great, and for me it adds to how much I already like her character.

Besides, if you think her voice is annoying.....then you haven't watched enough anime.

No, I mean it.

If you've seen some of the shows I've seen, you'd appreciate how not annoying her voice is.

Try listening to Aoi's voice in Myself; Yourself, just to name one. And that's only the most recent show I've seen with an annoying voice......
While I can't speak for anyone else, I can tell you that I don't like the voice used for Kuroko because she sounds like an old lady to me and it clashes with how she looks. Kind of like Goku in DBZ having a really high pitched voice.
Old 2009-10-03, 02:38   Link #51
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

I'm giving this episode an 8/10
For the fanservice, parody-ness Ryuuji and Shana.

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 02:41   Link #52
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, first ep just show how powerful Mikoto is. The Kuroko moments were hilarious and it's nice to see her using that teleporting skills of hers in action rather than for her wierd fantasies
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 02:48   Link #53
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Spoiler for ryuuji?:

Spoiler for Also:
uh, do these two kids also counts as cameos too?
Spoiler for ryuuji & taiga:
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 03:32   Link #54
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
While I can't speak for anyone else, I can tell you that I don't like the voice used for Kuroko because she sounds like an old lady to me and it clashes with how she looks. Kind of like Goku in DBZ having a really high pitched voice.
Wow, I definitely can't see that, lol. And sure Goku's voice was dumb-ly high-pitched, but because they used a female VA for a male character. (common in shounen anime) A differnet case from Kuroko.
Old 2009-10-03, 03:54   Link #55
OverFunk
It will never be the year

It was good.

- No Touma and Index
- Kuroko
+ Moebiri
+ "Amu" and "Kana"

Fair enough.

Never forget
OverFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 03:55   Link #56
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Perfect episode: 10/10

Why? I have on clue. The story is nice...nothing more. But for some reason it was the most fun episode I've watched. Maybe it's because of Mikoto's perfect personality. Whatever it is, it was pure fun. Not enjoyment... I wasn't jumping up at down at suspense and excitement like other anime. But it was very fun to watch.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 04:04   Link #57
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow, I definitely can't see that, lol. And sure Goku's voice was dumb-ly high-pitched, but because they used a female VA for a male character. (common in shounen anime) A differnet case from Kuroko.
I'm not aiming for the case, I'm aiming for the effect. But maybe Madam Mim would be a better image for you.
Old 2009-10-03, 04:16   Link #58
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
I'm not aiming for the case, I'm aiming for the effect. But maybe Madam Mim would be a better image for you.
I just can't vision Kuroko's voice on any parallel with any old lady's voice, lol. She definitely sounds her age to me.
Old 2009-10-03, 04:33   Link #59
tsunade666

guhhhh my nose.... my blood................ ooh its dripping..

first episode ownage. GO BANZAI! Kuroko! Oneeesama!

Its perfect 10!

too bad I hope to see accelerator here.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 05:17   Link #60
Scython

Hey, which subs are you guys recommending me to watch? I know there are quite a few groups out there who are picking up this show.
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote