Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-09, 17:57   Link #1221
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
...What? Where did you get that from?
Shizz. Soz about that, it's someone's post I read. I just reread the summary and Snuggles is right and I was WRONG. Pfftt. Quatre's daughter is also his little sister. That's it. Any way I correct it, I still end up with the same question anyway, how does that work.

Quote:
I honestly don't think this is anything big. Wufei's never exactly been a people person and according to Duo, he still is that way in the present of the novel.
Kids sometimes take their mother's names. It happens. Maybe she's had a falling out with her father. Maybe they got divorced and she grew up with Sally from young age.
I don't think it's that big either. That's why I labeled the questions "relevant or not".

It just struck me for some reason because Sumisawa had to write Kathy's line to be "That was the only time Master Chang could look at me" or something like that. But yes, it's no biggie.

Quote:
Dear god no. The last thing Wing needs is to be turned into a Marvel/DC comic. The stupid constant killing off and reviving characters is part of why I stopped reading them. [/size][/strike]
I know, that's why I said considering he's already making it all weird and bull. What I meant was most of the bull that he's putting in is kind of annoying but FOR ME, if he would resurrect Treize it's one of the bulls that I'm not gonna get annoyed at. But like I said, that's just me wanting him back.
Old 2010-12-09, 18:14   Link #1222
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuzeminna View Post
that's my beef with ft, really. When i first heard about it, i was delighted that the writer of ep0 was going to add to the ac universe by writing a (possible) sequel. After all, the information we got from ep0 had me view several characters in a different light, most notably wu fei. In the series he's just a jerk who doesn't like women and calls his gundam weird names. But when you learn that he's fighting in honor of his deceased wife, he suddenly becomes an admirable jerk xd
ep0 ties in wonderfully with the series. Suddenly things get so much more meaning, like duo's clothes or the nickname 'nataku' or triton's (yes, triton) 'her tears stopped me'. Ep0 added loads and loads of depth to the characters. Congrats on that, sumisawa.

But ft... Seriously, i lost count on how many times i laughed my head off. Some things are good but sadly there is just as much good stuff as there is, pardon me, crap. For instance, i don't see why sumisawa felt the need to add that incest scene between treize and his mom. That was just freakish and completely uncalled for. Oh, and if you're out of good ideas to tie two characters, know what? don't do it. The subtle stuff is brilliant, like one of treize's subordinates being related to the cinq kingdom assault dude (onegal was it?). But retconning odin's look to make him look like heero's dad? come on. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Heero's story has been shrouded in mystery for ages now, if you're going to reveal it at least make it something super special awesome. Besides, the universe exists of more than 12 people. Forcing a connection, come hell or high water, is just unnecessary in my opinion. Plus, it makes heero look like a complete moron to not notice him being the spitting image of new!odin. And heero is by no means stupid. Or is he

That's my problem, really. While episode zero added to the story and characters, frozen teardrop is changing stuff. Sure, it's not major (with the exception of odin >_>) but it doesn't really help. Rather it bugs. At least me.

*breathes* ok, now i feel better, having gotten that off my chest. Ranting is so much fun
Quote:
Come on though, Heero didn't need Relena to point it out for him. He knew it, she knew it and she knew he knew it.
Agreed on all accounts!
Old 2010-12-09, 18:22   Link #1223
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Given Aden's hair color in the recent pic versus Episode Zero, there is nothing to indicate that he isn't the same person. Lost of times hair colors change in manga depending on the lighting and what not. That and, well, get over it. He wrote the backstory so he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. I'm not happy with the name Bulge being the official name for Barge, but hey... that's what it is.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 21:23   Link #1224
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
On a side note, he makes a gesture to choke her in the other GW manga adaptation. She calls his bluff, grabs his hands and wraps them around her throat:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...01/c002/4.html
Heero = not a good bluffer
Ugh, Tokita adaptations. >.> But lmao, agreed. Heero can't lie worth shit I think the most comical part is that he seems to think he's a good liar XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
That and, well, get over it. He wrote the backstory so he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. I'm not happy with the name Bulge being the official name for Barge, but hey... that's what it is.
Sure he can. And we can complain about it :P
I thought Bulge and Barge turned out to be two different places after all? Jeez, it's like Sha and Char all over again
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:17   Link #1225
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Wait, so Aoi really never gave two hoots about her son? (or at least cared as much as she ought to, considering she wanted to bear Odin's child). Because she seemed happy that he was safe and sound after everything crumbled but also told Heero she loves him as much as she loves Seis. And she likes Seis how much that it made Heero not cry..?
Let me clarify. It's not so much that Aoi was distant as Heero being impervious to much of her influence. He's still a gloomy little thing despite Aoi's attention.

@Kitsoru Heero's a cocky bastard. xD
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:51   Link #1226
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
It's Quatre's daughter. She's also referred to as Quatre's little sister. Dunno which is which. I hope it's a typo or something.
Erm... 妹 (imouto) means younger sister. It's not his daughter.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2010-12-09, 22:59   Link #1227
wingzerosnuggles

Ah yeah, confused about that. The contradiction was whether or not it was Trowa's daughter or Quatre's little sister. My mistake. Has it been clarified?

Quote:
There's trouble in the MC era. A sister of the Winner family steals the Prometheus and makes a run for it. Heero and Duo No. 2 intercept her with the Snow White and Warlock. I'm not sure who they're making Catherine out to be here... it's Quatre's younger sister, but whose daughter it is baffles me. They're referring to Trowa before this, so it'd be his daughter, but somehow Quatre's younger sister? How's that work?
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 23:03   Link #1228
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I'll go digging in the chapter. It was the way the blogger worded it...

Old 2010-12-09, 23:45   Link #1229
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Ugh, Tokita adaptations. >.> But lmao, agreed. Heero can't lie worth shit I think the most comical part is that he seems to think he's a good liar XD:
He did tell a stone-cold lie to Zechs' face about never having shook anyone's hand.

But seriously, I agree he's pretty bad at hiding his true feelings despite the monotone delivery.
Old 2010-12-10, 00:09   Link #1230
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Well when you think about it he didn't really lie to Zechs. He didn't shake Van's hand for the sake of shaking it but to pass on the paper crane.
Old 2010-12-10, 00:44   Link #1231
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Well when you think about it he didn't really lie to Zechs. He didn't shake Van's hand for the sake of shaking it but to pass on the paper crane.
Ah...touche.
Old 2010-12-10, 01:14   Link #1232
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Everyone in this thread is doing a very good job in keeping it alive while we're all waiting for the next chapter. Well done, guys. Go us!!

This is not that important, but just to let you guys know [if you don't know yet], this forum made quite an impression on a few fans in Gundam Wing's Facebook page so it appears. A few have been discussing this particular thread on the fanpage. Lol some fans even copied the photos we posted up on here and uploaded it over there. Wing sure is still getting lots of love.

This one caught my attention. I don't remember seeing a coloured image in GotD's latest chapter... but that's just probably me and my forgetfulness. Unless it's a fanart based on the original black and white. But whatever, I'll post it anyway. If this has been posted before and everyone's already seen it, well... sorry if I post it again. xD

Spoiler for GotD coloured image:
Old 2010-12-10, 03:56   Link #1233
Kitsoru

Quote:
This one caught my attention. I don't remember seeing a coloured image in GotD's latest chapter... but that's just probably me and my forgetfulness. Unless it's a fanart based on the original black and white. But whatever, I'll post it anyway. If this has been posted before and everyone's already seen it, well... sorry if I post it again. xD

Spoiler for GotD coloured image:
That was B+W in the manga so that's fan colored (and shooped, since there was much more stuff on that page, if I recall correctly..). Nice find, though!
OH COME ON TWO GD PAGES IN A ROW!?

EDIT: Someone over on the Gundam Wiki just found these in the Gundam Wing MS Encyclopedia:
Spoiler for Prototype MS?:

Could someone translate? Are these the early Leo's at all? Are they even earlier suits? Or are they the original colony maintenance suits that served to inspire MS? Do they have a name etc...?

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-12-10 at 10:34.
Old 2010-12-10, 11:42   Link #1234
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Those suits actually appeared in the series. You see them in use at the Winner resource satellite. The name is right there: operating mobile suit.

Old 2010-12-10, 12:03   Link #1235
Kitsoru

Quote:
Those suits actually appeared in the series. You see them in use at the Winner resource satellite. The name is right there: operating mobile suit.
So they're the colony maintenance (aka, non-combative, industrial) MS?
Old 2010-12-10, 12:10   Link #1236
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
I'd say so. Unless you're called Ellen Ripley xD
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 14:09   Link #1237
Elo the Blue

Quote:
They're used for mining. Here's some info and pics of the suit from About GW.

Link
Old 2010-12-10, 18:20   Link #1238
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Guys, quick one. Where did Heero's Lancaster codename come from?
Old 2010-12-10, 19:19   Link #1239
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Guys, quick one. Where did Heero's Lancaster codename come from?
The Avro Lancaster; a British WWII heavy bomber.
Old 2010-12-10, 19:29   Link #1240
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
The Avro Lancaster; a British WWII heavy bomber.
Which Wing manga did he use the Lancaster codename in?

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing