AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 12:31   Link #581
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzushinaYuriko View Post
It's going to end with him, Touma, and Shiage triple punching Aleister in the face.
Then they better animate it like this:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 13:07   Link #582
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Then they better animate it like this:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
All I got from that was Accelerator trying to be Touma, sorry Accel Touma got to her first, you might have a chance but why don't you try Mugino she fits you.

On a serious note I like the Railgun S design a lot more hope they stick with it in Index 3, since I think that's when we're going to see
Spoiler for Potential Index s3 arcs:
Old 2013-10-10, 13:09   Link #583
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

They look a bit more closer to Haimura's work. So, I think they'll be sticking with them.

Plus, same designs in Index movie.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 18:08   Link #584
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
All I got from that was Accelerator trying to be Touma, sorry Accel Touma got to her first, you might have a chance but why don't you try Mugino she fits you.
He doesn't necessarily tries to be like Touma. He does things in his own manner and thinks about Touma as well as 'What Touma would do?" just sometimes, when it comes to morality's question, good things/bad things question. Beating Awaki was his natural decision and his punch was also his natural punch
The only thing he was thinking about when punching Awaki and so on was LO's/sisters' safe.
Also, still don't understand why people continue stating that completely bad girls like Mugino would fit Accel the most. Personally, I think Accel needs a partner/friend who is completely good like LO. In this case he would learn good things faster.
Old 2013-10-11, 05:17   Link #585
Draco Spirit

Honestly, what Accelerator is likely looking for in a partner is someone who he can trust and Last Order can look up too (because lets face it, anyone Accelerator dates is going to end up being Last Orders mother figure, and he be thinking about that in the back of his mind). I can't really see him dating anyone darkside for that reason and if he starts a romance, its far more likely he date someone who is "clean" in ethics.

So maybe Uiharu? She even protected Last Order from Number 2 and can be surprisingly badarse when she wants to be!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 07:19   Link #586
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

hmmmm.... Awaki, haha
Old 2013-11-17, 12:15   Link #587
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

I just reread NT vol.1 where Accel decides to help Fremea. We all know that Hamazura detected the reason for Accel to help Fremea, because he killed Komaba in the past, her guardian. But it seemed to me not only that was his driving force to help her. Cause he replied someway like that: "Not my own justice but Komaba's last desire? Fuck, that's the trick." That's why I lost my understanding of his original decision. It was like he really didn't know why he decided to help her until Hamazura told him about Komaba thereby coming up with the reason for him. It's really weird. And in the NT 2 when Accel looked at Fremea he thought that he would continue helping people without a reason to do that. Though it seems his reason to help her were Komaba's feelings.
Old 2013-11-18, 08:30   Link #588
Ilidsor
Angelerator

He's allowed to want to help people for more than one reason. He wants to help her because at that point he's starting to become a hero who just likes helping people, and he also wants to help her to make up for what he did to Komaba.
Old 2013-11-29, 10:37   Link #589
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

It seems to me I'm the only one who has so many questions about Accel

From the 1 NT, chapter 4, part 14.
Quote:
He had entered the tunnel.
Of course, just a tunnel wasn’t enough to completely seal Accelerator’s movements. If so, he would have been assassinated long ago. The interference was only something that may happen. That meant his power could end up being weakened by some unknown amount.
However, if he lost control of his power even for a few seconds while surrounded by concrete and chasing after someone at over 700 kph, he would be dead. Scraping up against the wall would be enough to turn him to mincemeat.
He couldn’t continue the chase.
If he was willing to destroy and rip off the top of the tunnel that was also part of the city, he could continue, but he most likely wouldn’t do that. If he was a complete villain, he might have done so, but sadly the #1 was no longer that far down that path.
Simply put, he wouldn’t sacrifice others to carry out his own goals.
Even when refusing to do so put the life of the person he was protecting at risk.
I'm confused because it literally means that if this Accel was the Accel before getting beaten by Touma the second time, he might have sacrificed normal people/civilians/bystanders in order to prevent Fremea's death. Though Accel was actually continuously telling people that it was awful to cause damage to civilians and normal people no matter which goals they were pursuing, while working in GROUP. Maybe when author wrote 'complete villain' he was referring to a potential Accelerator, maybe whom he could become if continued walking the path of evil? Cause looking at Accel's behaviour, thoughts and values he had had even before the fight with Touma, I can't believe he would have hurt/killed civilian.
Old 2013-11-29, 14:03   Link #590
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Where are you getting the second fight with Touma from? It's probably referring to before he fought Touma the first time.
Old 2013-11-29, 14:16   Link #591
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Where are you getting the second fight with Touma from? It's probably referring to before he fought Touma the first time.
I would like to consider this as a true reference. I was disturbed by the fact that he had been such a person a long time ago and the latest change in him happened after he fought Touma. In the 20th volume he thought about something that was just a bit alike with the thought I've just posted. "Accelerator was not a philanthropist. If it brought him towards his goal, he did not mind killing his enemy." Though thinking about that 'enemies' Accel recalled such villains as Kakine and Amata.
Old 2013-11-29, 14:20   Link #592
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Yeah enemies are different from random passerby's.

Also it's a mistake to think that was "a long time ago" since the Toaru franchise takes place in an incredibly small timezone. It's only been a few months since it started.
Old 2013-12-11, 07:35   Link #593
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Accel finished chasing after Touma in 6 NT volume, right?
Old 2013-12-11, 12:12   Link #594
Ilidsor
Angelerator

What do you mean by "chasing after"?
Old 2013-12-11, 12:43   Link #595
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
What do you mean by "chasing after"?
Hm, we all know that Accel had been 'chasing' after Touma till he stopped. Aiwass said it itself in front of Aleister. I still don't know what exactly his 'chasing' means but it seems that he saw Touma as his ideal and wanted to be as heroic as Touma (cause he wanted to be a better person, so he took the heroism like a quality of a good person). This is what I think it was. After their fight, Accel became a person who just does what he wants to do therefor helps others because he wants to. So, we can say that he stopped that 'chasing' after his fight with Touma. But my friend states that he stopped his chasing only in the 6th NT, here is his proof:
Quote:
And he would stand in the way of anyone trying to disturb them like a grave keeper before grave robbers. Because he reeked too greatly of death, he could not claim that humans were fundamentally good, but he would still work to protect the things he wished to protect.
He was finished chasing after a certain someone and focusing too much on that someone.
He would take a different path.
Even if he could not do what that someone did, he could do things that someone could not.
He would become what only he could be.
(chap.7, part 9)
Maybe we just messed up with two kinds of chasing or something like that, but it seemed to me Accel became himself after his second fight with Touma.
Old 2013-12-11, 13:03   Link #596
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Then yes I guess he stopped in NT6. If he specifically said that in NT6 it's hard to argue with it.
Old 2013-12-11, 13:20   Link #597
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Then yes I guess he stopped in NT6. If he specifically said that in NT6 it's hard to argue with it.
But did he stop trying to be a hero in the 22th volume? I'm sure after their second fight he started doing things he wanted to do, not because he thought he should do them. But if he stopped chasing only in the 6th NT then till this volume he still tried to be like Touma and did things just because Touma did? I'm confused.
Maybe till volume 6 he really did things he just wanted to do yet still subconsciously saw Touma as a model of a good person and subconsciously continued chasing? Or maybe his chasing meant only walking the same path with Touma?
Old 2013-12-11, 17:57   Link #598
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Maybe till volume 6 he really did things he just wanted to do yet still subconsciously saw Touma as a model of a good person and subconsciously continued chasing?
Probably this. It's most likely he just decided to be a hero in his own way instead of just trying to copy Touma.
Old 2013-12-12, 02:28   Link #599
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Probably this. It's most likely he just decided to be a hero in his own way instead of just trying to copy Touma.
Well, I'd like to ask you one last thing. When do you think he copied Touma? With which actions? Can we consider these actions as his own (at his own request)?
Old 2013-12-12, 03:22   Link #600
tsunade666

he copied Touma in his own way since the beginning. Since last order incident. He understand that he won't wash away his sin which is why he choose to become a villain that still saves those he cared for. isn't that just being tsundere to touma's way? but in the latest development. Slowly but surely. he is starting to forgive his self. But his forgiving but not forgetting.

btw what happen to accelerator ss? I'm still waiting for news on that one.