AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-24, 19:51   Link #521
James Rye

Akane telling Rikka that her Kaiju made her, aka she wasn't born aka she is not human, gives more credibility to the theory that only Akane and Yuta are real humans and the rest is just "kaiju-made Humans", filler for god's city, background noise so to say. I bet if Yuta gets his memory back he will remember that none of the people he bounded with is real and once Akane somehow stops being a god, they will all disappear or something like that.
Old 2018-11-24, 20:34   Link #522
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Where did you find those announcements? I could only find announcements on the nendroids.
Figma/Model kits/Anime
Fig速 ~Figure&Toy NEWS~

Both are Facebook pages.

So take with a grain of salt, but at this point I'd be surprised if these weren't real.

wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 20:53   Link #523
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Full Powered Gridman is so gratuitously OBARI that it hurts... it hurts so good

Also, I find the Assist Weapons to be the most entertaining part of this episode.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 20:56   Link #524
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Btw, the episode also made a point that the NG Boys no longer has the "presence concealment"-thing that they previously have (like Calibur did in episode 3). Now everyone can see them like normal, no longer as something invisible or something that can be ignored.

Btw, here's comparison video between the gattai sequences of Thunder Gridman & Full-Powered Gridman for those interested:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-11-24, 21:50   Link #525
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Welp, I am starting to believe in Rikka's Mom=Alexis theory now...
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 22:04   Link #526
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The people of this world being programmed by Akane to like her isn't surprising, but I don't think that's the reason Rikka is unable to hate Akane. Utsumi for one got over his crush real fast and had no trouble seeing Akane as an enemy after it was confirmed. What do Utsumi and Rikka have in common? They were exposed to Junk/Gridman and ever since have been able to see the Kaijus laying dormant in the city and have kept their memories of the Kaiju attacks and the dead people unlike everyone else. This indicates the program managing everyone else isn't affecting them anymore. I believe they have complete free will now, and that Rikka is unable to hate Akane because she genuinely thinks of her as a precious friend. This will probably be the key to Akane's salvation, finding out there is someone who truly cares about her.
The effect may become more pronounced depending on how much Akane interacts with someone. Rikka has spent much more time with her than Utsumi has, which is why she can't hate her. So if coming with contact with Gridman has changed them, it may have changed Rikka less than Utsumi.

Quote:
This episode greatly increased my interest in Rikka. Very curious to see how she'll deal with all this.
No doubt Anti will play a role. Perhaps seeing how Akane treats him firsthand will be what gives her the impetus to truly defy her.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 22:12   Link #527
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Well, you are useless anyway
You and Utsumi both
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 22:40   Link #528
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Images

Well, you are useless anyway
You and Utsumi both
Facts:
  1. Rikka was the one with the quick decision to type something to Gridman back in episode 1 (Sho was the one that suggested to take out the neck of the kaiju), helping him greatly.
  2. Without Rikka's quick decision to unplug and restart Junk, Gridman would've been defeated by Twin Tails & Anti in episode 4 due to the freezing. It was also thanks to Rikka's initiative that the last member of Arcadia managed to be saved and the stealthy nature of Twin Tails were revealed.
  3. Without Rikka tagging along (risking her life) in the mountain-road and contacting the Junk Shop (Sho was the one that brought the small change. Both didn't know the number), the three of them would've been dead by episode 5.

Now that I think about it, this episode actually compensate for Yuta's lack of input when he's just a normal boy in previous episodes. This time, almost all the useful ideas came from him after being inspired by certain things.
Old 2018-11-24, 23:02   Link #529
zztop

Assuming all townspeople are programs created by Akane, then the major "outside presences" in this digi-verse would be Akane, Yuuta, the highschooler support gang, and Alexis.

The only thing now is context - how did Akane end up in the digi-verse? What prompted Yuuta and the support gang to enter the world (assuming they were the "falling stars" from Ep 1's intro?) What are Alexis's origins and endgame?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 23:02   Link #530
grecefar

Full Golden Gridman looked pretty awesome.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 23:11   Link #531
Frontier

The Gridman Alliance has always been on kind of shaky ground, with the members shifting from being wishy-washy to just plain bickering (pretty much solely with Utsumi and Rikka), so it was nice to see everyone (particularly Rikka) find a resolve to fight against Akane .

Why does everyone put Utsumi down whenever he references Tokusatsu? Like, come on, is he the only one who sees how this stuff is relevant to what they're dealing with ?

I guess even Gridman isn't immune to Borr's pointed tongue .

Poor Anti. Just seeing him stumbling around without his eye was pretty sad. At least it seems he may be moving towards joining the heroes' side, what with Calibur apparently forming a connection with him (Anti has his own cell phone number?). I think it's also telling that Anti watched the fight between Gridman and Akane's Kaiju and didn't interfere at all .

It's not all that surprising that Akane would program everyone in her world to love her, although it might just be me but I felt the way she described it regarding Rikka felt more personal. Like Akane deliberately made Rikka absolutely love her and be her friend in a way she didn't for anyone else, maybe as a reference to their relationship in the "real" world .

The Gridman Alliance found a pretty ingenious means of finally getting Gridman and all the support vehicles out at the same time. Just shrink everyone's size and then have their combined form make up for the difference in height .

Full Powered Gridman was awesome. I mean, of course it's got the Opening in the background of it's fight going for it, but it seemed like such a love letter to the Super Robot genre with all it's attacks that it was a joy to watch .

The heroes' class doing a reverse gender cafe was pretty fun, especially since it's not as common as maid or simple cosplay cafe's. Rikka looked pretty good in that Navy uniform and Yuta and Utsumi looked surprisingly good in drag .

Y'know, when Rikka mentioned her parents were going to show up, I thought we might finally see her dad, but nope, just her mom...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yep, another Gridman staple: resurrecting the fallen kaijuus and upgrading them into their mecha-version! I'm glad this tradition still lives on .
Not even just Gridman, it's a Tokusatsu staple. Mecha Ghidorah, a few Super Sentai/Power Rangers monsters, etc. .
Old 2018-11-24, 23:14   Link #532
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Full Golden Gridman looked pretty awesome.
Probably inspired by G Gundam.

Btw, is Rikka's navy uniform supposed to be a callback to Ohgami from Sakura Taisen (which is another mecha series of games):

YouTube
Old 2018-11-24, 23:50   Link #533
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Probably inspired by G Gundam.
I think it's more so inspired by Might Gaine.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 23:55   Link #534
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Also, the Brave series has been doing golden powerup mechs long before G Gundam did.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 00:16   Link #535
Requiem-x
The slacking one

An interesting episode, somewhat slow, yet cool and interesting stuff happened, mainly the scene with Rikka and Akane, and the surprisingly smart solution to her attempt at a massacre. Also,glad to see I wasn't the only one going "where's the OP" during the fight scene. You gotta have the theme song when the ultrazord shows up!

Gotta say I wasn't expecting that final dressup, but I sure enjoyed it. Can we have another fanart flood with admiral Rikka? I hope so. Also, that synch with the ED and Rikka's face was a fantastic touch.

Quote:
Yep, another Gridman staple: resurrecting the fallen kaijuus and upgrading them into their mecha-version! I'm glad this tradition still lives on .
Pretty sure that's not just Gridman, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PentingWolf View Post

https://natalie.mu/comic/pp/ssss_gridman/page/2

>I wanted to make the MC an ordinary boy
>but Keiichi Hasegawa(the writer) told me that he lacks something
>I'm a fan of Dennou Keisatsu Cybercop where the MC has amnesia
>and so our protagonist became amnesiac
Wait, I think saw that series too when I was a kid! Didn't the protagonist basically get robocop'd after getting killed by a monster? How many references/inspirations can this show have?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode greatly increased my interest in Rikka. Very curious to see how she'll deal with all this.
It's either Rikka or Akane at this point, and not only because of the fanarts.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2018-11-25 at 00:28.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 00:21   Link #536
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Full Gridman is definitely Obari-inspired though. The SRX had the same kind of combine sequence, including the symbol behind the several parts coming together, in Super Robot Wars The Inspector.
Old 2018-11-25, 01:24   Link #537
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Not even just Gridman, it's a Tokusatsu staple. Mecha Ghidorah, a few Super Sentai/Power Rangers monsters, etc. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Pretty sure that's not just Gridman, though.
I'm pretty sure Gridman (1993) is the only Ultra series that actively revisit their past fallen monsters and turned them into mech-versions multiple times. I know before that we have Mecha King Ghidorah (1991) from the Godzilla series but the context is more Gridman-like.
Old 2018-11-25, 02:34   Link #538
PentingWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Also, that synch with the ED and Rikka's face was a fantastic touch.
As I had mentioned earlier, te second song from ED single clearly hints at some development between Yuta and one of the girls. My first guess was Akane, but probably would fit for Rikka too down the line. But after watching ED, then I realized that girl was Rikka.The ED lyrics is essentially about Yuta's feelings for Rikka and it fits Yuta so perfectly. Literally every single word can be associated with his situation with Rikka. Especially the part about the meeting and connection he doesn't remember. The visuals distracted everyone, then people ended up not paying much attention to that.
PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 03:46   Link #539
drawr

If "god" made them unable to defy her this explains some of Rikka and Utsumi's actions and lack of action. I feel there may be more to it than such a convenient explanation though, or hope. If it were simply that she'd not have to murder anyone or be so displeased with characters disrespecting her(from her perspective) like the teacher and youtubers. Despite being from "outside" seems Yuta will just be the guy who has a bad crush on Rikka and pilots the robot despite all the focus until the finale reveals anything potentially interesting about him. The neon genesis students are quite an enigma. They came into the school for seemingly no reason but to nag the trio into thinking about the festival instead of what to do with the murder happy girl for once. I thought their priority would be different.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 04:43   Link #540
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

not sure it will work if Gridman and the gang goes to human size for the lol's.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kaiju, super hero, tokusatsu, tsuburaya