Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-26, 22:48   Link #5761
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
taking the brunt of the anger by Team RWBY and now Team RJN.
Why'd you have to reorder the letters in team JNR tho?

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 12:23   Link #5762
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
He's not hiding and he didn't do it because he's afraid of punishment. He just gave up.

He is hiding, and he is afraid consequences of his lies. But you are not wrong that he gave up on top of that.
Old 2018-12-27, 14:02   Link #5763
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Why'd you have to reorder the letters in team JNR tho?
I was typing real fast at the time, it's not that much of a big deal. Still, it doesn't change the current comments, and Ozpin did just give up. Like I said to other forums, he did tried other things prior to him keeping hush on the most important of secrets, the problem is with people never taking it well with the fact that Salem is immortal. They completely lose any sort of willpower they built up only to feel hopeless that Salem can't be dealt with in their own thoughts. We can go at this for awhile, but that's exactly why Oz did what he did to the points that his faith in humanity waned(he shouldn't have given up though, and kept trying to do something different), although he did miss one other important critical information, that he should have focused on. A way to break the curse by making Salem realize the meaning of life. Killing her wasn't the true goal, it's making her realize what it means to live and die as a being. She did all that because she cared about Ozma and never let go of his death. She fought the gods because she couldn't except them taking away her happiness away from her (which is Ozma coming back to life for a brief moment before GoD corrected his mistake and put him to death again) when she was already warned by GoL the first time. She is very stubborn, selfish, and refuses to get it, only concerning of her own personal wants. First Ozma, then revenge. Maybe revenge currently, but what if she wants to end her own immortality? Whether that or another shot at the gods, either way it's still her own personal wants she selfishly focuses on, and never the lesson that could free her of her curse. That's why she ended up immortal in the first place. Ozma missed out on such information, but kept focusing on how to destroy her.

Last edited by Ligerleon89; 2018-12-27 at 14:17.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 20:24   Link #5764
Ligerleon89

Spoiler for Volume 6 chapter 9:
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 02:12   Link #5765
shiki343

Okay, another quick update on my thoughts on volume 6 so far. I covered the first three episodes in an earlier post, and I really liked them, particularly chapter 3. Lost Fable is one of my favorite episodes of the series as a whole.

Chapter 4 though was rather underwhelming though, especially following the previous episode. I’d say it’s my least favorite of the volume so far, saved only by some good character moments from Qrow and Ruby.

Chapters 5&6 did make up for it though. Chapter 6 especially is probably my second favorite of the volume right now, mainly because we FINALLY see Ruby in center stage being proactive, as well as some moments of silver eye action at long last.

Chapter 7 was a good entry as well. Many didn’t care for it, mainly the Maria flashback, but I highly enjoyed it. I liked Maria’s younger look and attire, and the fact that she was the Grim Reaper that even inspired Qrow’s (and by extension Ruby’s) weapon. That was a nice touch. I even liked the design for Tock, the crocodile faunus. I enjoyed the fight too, especially the way it ended. I was also grateful we finally introduced to a member of Jaune’s family, his older sister whose name I can’t remember. We didn’t meet the rest of the family, but we did get a nice family photo of all the sisters and Jaune. I’d say this episode is among the best in the volume, in my opinion.

Chapter 8, on the other hand, is my second least favorite episode thus far, behind chapter 4. The beginning was cringe. RT teased us with winter, only to introduce an all-new character, and a lame, annoying one at that. The second segment with JNR’s reaction to the Ozpin revelation was alright. Same goes for the dialogue between Ruby and Maria, though I personally found that seen to be quite disappointing. We finally get some clarification about the silver eyes, but most of it is just things we already guessed with only one new nugget of info. It’s good we finally have clarification, and maybe there will be more explanation on the silver eyes later in V6, but for right now it was a letdown after so many years of buildup.

That’s one of the biggest problems RWBY has had since the beginning. The show sets up these major plot points, but it takes FOREVER to pay them off. Jaune’s semblance had been teased since V1 and it took till the end of the last volume for it to be revealed, so people were understandably letdown by it. Since her introduction at the end of V3, we’ve wanted Salem and Ozpin’s backstory, yet it took till this volume to finally get it. That’s most likely why some people didn’t like chapter 3 like I did, and I get it. It’s the same with the silver eyes.

M&K really backed themselves into a corner with holding off all this information for so long. When you do that, people are going to have grand expectations for the answers that are nearly impossible to meet. If all of this had been revealed in V4 or early V5 it would’ve been better, and there’s no reason it shouldn’t have. V5 had so much exposition, yet somehow presented very few real answers. One of the laundry list of reasons V5 is terrible.

Anyway, with the final arc approaching hopefully V6 can it hit it out of the park. It’s been overall fairly good so far. I’m still praying to God Ruby will get some genuine character growth, as well as a good solo fight against Cinder/Neo or the tentacle grimm’ preferably both. Also please give Ruby her own song. They’ve done a good job on focusing on her so far, so I’m hopeful this time. If they can give me that this’ll me my favorite volume easy.
shiki343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 15:06   Link #5766
Skaddix

Is Ruby not watching the same show? Qrow kept the GRIMM off her RNJR back and dealt with Tyrian who was going to slaughter them all and kidnap Ruby. Maria just saved everyone by getting Ruby to turn on Silver Eyes. They then spent all of Volume 5 taking orders from Oz and Qrow.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 23:50   Link #5767
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Question

Spoiler for Ugh:
Old 2019-01-05, 13:02   Link #5768
foxbox360
New Age Badass

new episode out...Adam strikes and Metal Gear Granny.
Old 2019-01-05, 21:12   Link #5769
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The Week Late Train pulls out of its siding and heads on into Episode 9...

So, I continue to think that, deep down, Emerald is not really a "bad" person. I think she really is just someone who never had anything and, unfortunately, latched onto a bad person in Cinder. Her lack of a family blinded her, to some extent (because I think she's smart), that Cinder is using her and doesn't actually care about her. I hope that, at some point, we see Emerald more clearly see this and, while she may experience a crisis and somewhat lose her mind, I hope she ultimately ends up at least neutral if not on the side of the good guys.

On the flip side, I've long thought Mercury was just plain bad and psychotic. I think he is, still, but him describing his past and why he's with Salem makes me think there is the slightest chance he'll be very, very marginally redeemed and at least do something against Salem ultimately, though probably never approach anything near "good."

Evidently they don't have that much of a bureaucracy in Argus. How long has it been since Beacon fell? Less than a year? And that statue is already up? Dang.

On a more serious note, I can't decide if the girl was really there or not. The flowers ended up there, but I half wonder if that was a construct of Jaune's mind or we just got a preview of a future character related to Pyrrha.

I love the look that Ruby, Weiss, and Yang are giving when they see Qrow drunk on the steps. That, along with, "I've never seen him this bad," were the humor highlights of the episode for me.

Ruby continues to be the best leader we've seen in this series. She definitely embodies the, "A leader never says, 'I don't know,'" mentality.

Regarding Jaune's idea, I wonder how they're going to handle, if at all, the fact that hijacking a ship probably will lead to that ship's identity being conveyed to Atlas forces waiting on the other side... Unless communication to Atlas faster than transport cannot actually be accomplished right now, I forget. If that's the case, then they just have to beat out the pursuit.

Anyway, we're over halfway through the season. Hopefully the action picks back up next week if they're talking about hijacking military property.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 10:41   Link #5770
darkofficer
just a devil

the new episode of gen;lock looks great

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 11:24   Link #5771
JagdPanther

The Week Late Train glides into Episode 10...

Maria with the cashews is my weekly highlight. At first I thought it was going to be a bag of chips or something because of the higher-pitched crunching sound, but it made sense for it to be the nuts. I love the interplay between Maria and the Atlas woman.

Look, to an extent, I get Qrow's mindset right now, but recently I've been getting kind of tired of the whole "youth movement" thing both in fiction and the real world. Like somehow teenagers are going to save the world from itself. In RWBY, they're really overplaying this whole thing about how the youngest generation is the only one with resolve and the means to win the good fight. Just my opinion, and I'm sure it has something to do with me getting into my 30s, but still... This has been a trend the last few years and it's really getting on my nerves at this point. They're making Qrow so insanely useless right now.

For those of us who don't care in the slightest for any Rooster Teeth content other than Red vs. Blue and RWBY, is that mech supposed to be from that gen:Lock thing they've been advertising recently?

And, finally, I suspect that next week the Week Late train is going to get to talk about how annoying Adam is some more...?

Old 2019-01-12, 17:59   Link #5772
darkofficer
just a devil

Spoiler for nora:

Old 2019-01-12, 22:00   Link #5773
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
Spoiler for nora:
Spoiler for An episode 11 development?:

Old 2019-01-13, 01:45   Link #5774
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Spoiler for psst:
Old 2019-01-13, 14:15   Link #5775
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Spoiler for ...:

Old 2019-01-14, 20:16   Link #5776
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Spoiler for psst:
Right-o. Thanks. That'll work for me.

Old 2019-01-19, 13:28   Link #5777
JagdPanther

The Week Late Train hustles into Episode 11...

I really like Crescent Rose as a more compact sniper rifle than we've normally seen it in the past. I'm either impressed that it can crack that mech's windshield or concerned that Atlas would put such a terribly weak windshield on a combat mech. And is this thing's armor made out of paper mache or something? Yeesh. Hand weapons cutting through it like it's nothing. Yet Nora's grenade launcher has no real effect on it... Also, very conveniently-labeled shield generators. Always nice.

So, Adam has what looks like "SOC" across the left side of his face. What's that from? Was this explained and I just forgot? Seems like it'd have to be a brand because if it was written on something else that touched his face it would've been mirrored instead of readable.

And who knew the most depressing part of this season so far would be the death of Yang's bike? Conversely, it looks like those wanting to 'ship Blake and Yang are extremely happy right now.

Old 2019-01-19, 16:31   Link #5778
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Quote:
So, Adam has what looks like "SOC" across the left side of his face. What's that from? Was this explained and I just forgot? Seems like it'd have to be a brand because if it was written on something else that touched his face it would've been mirrored instead of readable.
The brand says "SDC", Schnee Dust Company. That thing that Weiss's asshole father runs. Probably was a work slave in his childhood.

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2019-01-20, 05:13   Link #5779
tuckersister

Adam was given such a brutal death. He deserved it in so many ways.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 07:20   Link #5780
Chosen_Hero

I haven't watched the newest season yet, but are you telling me that after running and acting like a little bitch last season Adam just died in the current one?

And to think that the fanboys were treating him like he was the next coming of Sephiroth in the first few seasons.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby