AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 17:48   Link #1021
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by exs120 View Post
What if Heartseed was the one who tried to rape Yui...
Doubtful. Heartseed kicked the crap out of her when she tried to kick/punch him. If they had encountered earlier, heartseed would have just kicked her ass into submission.

Of course, one could argue that Heartseed developed such skills after that encounter, but It's a far chance.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 17:49   Link #1022
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

I see... so THIS is what has become of that one single previewcap I posted...

MY GOSH WHAT HAVE I DONE?
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 18:58   Link #1023
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone happen to know when and where the ending single will come out? CDJapan doesn't really give me any info.
Old 2012-08-10, 19:02   Link #1024
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Does anyone happen to know when and where the ending single will come out? CDJapan doesn't really give me any info.
Seems my original post about the ending song got buried under all this dirty talk, so I'll just repost it here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
It irks me a little bit that the ED song, Kokoro no Kana by Team.Nekokan [Neko] featuring. Junca Amaoto (ココロノカラ / Team.ねこかん[猫]featuring.天乙准花), would only be available in physical (CD) form bundled with the Blu-ray volume 1 (episodes 1 & 2) limited edition...

It is, however, available on the iTunes Store, though only if you have a Japanese iTunes account (I think):
http://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/kok...546217440?l=en

Having a listen to it, I really like the full version (perhaps aside from the gaps of silence), definitely contrasts with the faster songs from the R21 album a years back...
Is it safe to assume that each arc will have its own ED song?
Old 2012-08-10, 19:04   Link #1025
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Doubtful. Heartseed kicked the crap out of her when she tried to kick/punch him. If they had encountered earlier, heartseed would have just kicked her ass into submission.
Nono, Heartseed wanted to try out one of those "human reproductive things" but he didn't know what rape was. When he realized the girl would be completely traumatized he gave up.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 19:06   Link #1026
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Seems my original post about the ending song got buried under all this dirty talk, so I'll just repost it here...

Is it safe to assume that each arc will have its own ED song?
Thanks, I was a tad afraid to read through more than a page.

I'm probably gonna wait for the other edition, just since iTunes usually sells songs in 192 VBR or AAC, and that'll drive my OCD mad.
Old 2012-08-10, 19:50   Link #1027
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Thanks, I was a tad afraid to read through more than a page.

I'm probably gonna wait for the other edition, just since iTunes usually sells songs in 192 VBR or AAC, and that'll drive my OCD mad.
iTunes sells 256kbps VBR AACs... at least even the ones in the Japanese store are now DRM-free (unlike before, which was 128kbps DRM'd AAC, ugh. I still find AAC to be more efficient than MP3). Can't say I'm pleased at this business model though (I wouldn't mind so much if they were soundtracks)...
I wonder if it's just Team Nekokan though, or was it a decision by King Records (who is publishing the CDs for this anime series)? The Azazel-san OP song for the third OVA is also apparently exclusive to a digital format (also done by Team Nekokan and published by King Records).
Old 2012-08-10, 20:06   Link #1028
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
iTunes sells 256kbps VBR AACs... at least even the ones in the Japanese store are now DRM-free (unlike before, which was 128kbps DRM'd AAC, ugh. I still find AAC to be more efficient than MP3). Can't say I'm pleased at this business model though (I wouldn't mind so much if they were soundtracks)...
I wonder if it's just Team Nekokan though, or was it a decision by King Records (who is publishing the CDs for this anime series)? The Azazel-san OP song for the third OVA is also apparently exclusive to a digital format (also done by Team Nekokan and published by King Records).
Really? I purchased an old track from the 70s about a year ago, and it was 192 AAC- drove me crazy. xD

It's gonna be sad to miss out on the song for a while though. It's definitely really nice.
Old 2012-08-10, 20:22   Link #1029
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
Also, I think we all know Aoki won't get any action. It's a visual novel for crying out loud. At best he'll get Yui as a consolation prize.

Huh, I wonder. If Aoki could feel Yui's fear while in her body, then maybe getting out of it would help (help Aoki score, that is). But nah, it's probably Taichi x Inaba. I don't think the game makers would let another guy touch the body of the main character's girl.
True, but I still support Aoki fighting the visual novel/harem cliche. FIGHT THE MACHINE, AOKI!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Guys. It's probably a troll. Don't get so horny excited over it
Honestly, I agree, but will that stop the fanfiction and doujin authors? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Imagine if Taichi and Aoki were to do a body-switch half-way through Taichi/Inaba having sex.

"No! I must pull out! I can only do this with Yui! With YUI!!!!"
Actually I'm sure Aoki like Yui, but I'm not sure whether he'd turn down a chance to be a hare, protagonist, even if only for 15 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Ok, things are going a bit overboard.
What if instead of Taichi/Aoki it was Inaba/Aoki having the body-swap. How could aoki face Taichi ever again?
"Taichi stop, stooop!!"
"Don't be shy, Inaba!!"
"I'm not Inaba ... it's me, Aoki!!!"
"..."

It's better that I go back to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
MAKE IT HAPPEN.

There's so many hilarious things that could happen...

Arty
Before it finally ends up with all five of them end up in one body-switching orgy....
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 20:37   Link #1030
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Actually I'm sure Aoki like Yui, but I'm not sure whether he'd turn down a chance to be a hare, protagonist, even if only for 15 minutes.
We're talking about a guy who confessed multiple times to the same girl. He's clearly completely taken up with her, and there's little doubt that a guy like that would consider it wrong for him to be with another girl while his heart is totally dedicated to Yui.

Besides, Aoki's total dedication to Yui is the only distinctive character element he has. So I'd rather him not lose that, lol.

At least not yet. Maybe Kokoro Connect will flesh him out more later, and maybe he'll even have to get over Yui eventually, but right now The Guy With One Defining Trait really can't afford to lose that one defining trait, lol.
Old 2012-08-10, 20:56   Link #1031
Blonto

Quote:
Besides, Aoki's total dedication to Yui is the only distinctive character element he has. So I'd rather he not lose that, lol.
At least not yet. Maybe Kokoro Connect will flesh him out more later, and maybe he'll even have to get over Yui eventually, but right now The Guy With One Defining Trait really can't afford to lose that one defining trait, lol.
I'll eat my hat if Aoki gets actual character development. Making him snatch one harem chick for himself is already pushing it. He'll stay at the level of a Disney sidekick until the end.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:57   Link #1032
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'll eat my hat if Aoki gets actual character development. Making him snatch one harem chick for himself is already pushing it. He'll stay at the level of a Disney sidekick until the end.
I'll take you up on that

In fact, I'll prepare a nice German helmet for the occasion Or would you prefer a Viking helm?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 22:59   Link #1033
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
We're talking about a guy who confessed multiple times to the same girl. He's clearly completely taken up with her, and there's little doubt that a guy like that would consider it wrong for him to be with another girl while his heart is totally dedicated to Yui.

Besides, Aoki's total dedication to Yui is the only distinctive character element he has. So I'd rather him not lose that, lol.

I suppose your right, but I would like to see a few harem tropes undone. Keeps things interesting.

Also, What about Yui in Inaban's body. Would Aoki tap that?!

Or how about Aoki in Yui's body x Yui in Aoki's body?

Hey, we've covered Inaban in Taichi's body x Taichi in Inaba's body!

Quote:
Nono, Heartseed wanted to try out one of those "human reproductive things" but he didn't know what rape was. When he realized the girl would be completely traumatized he gave up.
Heartseed probably wasn't responsible for Yui's trauma, but you bring up a point that he is not completely without a concept of morality like Kyubey, for instance, he said he would not do something like what he did on episode 6 again.

Last edited by SPARTAN 119; 2012-08-10 at 23:13.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 03:02   Link #1034
Blaat

Quote:
Because the former is just hilariously silly, whilst the latter seems almost like rape
The double standard kind of bothers me, apparently there is a tvtrope of it Double Standard Rape Female On Male or is it Double Standard Rape Male On Male
Quote:
Pretty much this, Aoki is only there to prevent this from turning into a four man group and four man group is a big nono in East Asian countries (as four sounds a lot like dead) So Aoki already fulfilled his role.
Old 2012-08-11, 03:30   Link #1035
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Pretty much this, Aoki is only there to prevent this from turning into a four man group and four man group is a big nono in East Asian countries (as four sounds a lot like dead) So Aoki already fulfilled his role.
I hope your hat(s) taste good
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 03:32   Link #1036
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
IIRC Japan doesn't really care about the unlucky number 4 and the lucky number 8. That's more of a "Chinese" (and Chinese influenced countries) notion. Heck, I'm pretty sure Japan is only of the few Asian countries that don't celebrate Lunar (Chinese) New Year.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 07:40   Link #1037
LKK

Quote:
IIRC Japan doesn't really care about the unlucky number 4
Japan cares enough about the unlucky number 4 that they don't say the proper word for 4 in casual conversation and many of their buildings especially hospitals and hotels don't have a numbered 4th floor. They just skip the floor numbering from 3 to 5. (Similar to Western buildings not having a 13th floor.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2012-08-11 at 09:19. Reason: Typos. Lots of them. I should have proofed better. :(
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 08:08   Link #1038
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Yes, the number "four" and the character for "death" are both pronounce "shi" in Japanese, making "four" a very unlucky number.
Same goes for Chinese, where "four" and "death" are both pronounced "si". Don't know about Korean, but I guess it's the same there.

So why not up the count one more and have a six person group, three girls and three boys, which would have better swapping potential? That's probably because five person sentai groups are very popular.
Still, as a German saying goes, Aoki pretty much is the "fifth wheel on the car".

Quote:
IIRC Japan doesn't really care about the unlucky number 4 and the lucky number 8. That's more of a "Chinese" (and Chinese influenced countries) notion. Heck, I'm pretty sure Japan is only of the few Asian countries that don't celebrate Lunar (Chinese) New Year.
Wrong, also in Japan "four" is a very unlucky number, as I know from my Japanese teacher at uni. For example, presenting four pieces of whatsoever to someone would be considered an extreme faux pas and would get you on very bad terms with the recipient.

While Chinese New Year isn't celebrated everywhere in Japan, cities with a good share of chinese population do celebrate it.
Old 2012-08-11, 08:22   Link #1039
Sumeragi
Banned

The thing about 4 is the same in Japan, Korea, and China.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 08:56   Link #1040
mayumi

huhuhu this episode is going to be fun.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life