AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-01-23, 01:50   Link #1
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kyuchen Send a message via AIM to Kyuchen Send a message via MSN to Kyuchen
Burning CD in Full size?!

I have a Memorax CD-R Burner, and used to use Verbatim and Imation CD-R (bought them in bundle for cheap price), and proggy i use to burn is NERO; here comes the question:

back when i used NERO 4 and NERO 5, i can burn avi file into CD at full size (~703MB), and when i switch over to NERO 6 suddenly the max allowance is 693MB is all those 4 files of 183MB become impossible to burn onto a CD, not without me using VirtualDub to cut the preview for next ep, or re-encode the audio sometimes from VBR to a lower CBR.

Does anyone have this kind of problem? any answer or suggestion for me?
Kyuchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 02:17   Link #2
wao
OK.

I get this problem as well. I put on Overburn and all of that and it won't burn... very annoying...
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 13:44   Link #3
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kyuchen Send a message via AIM to Kyuchen Send a message via MSN to Kyuchen
I used too, (that way I can fit more mp3 on to a audio file) but i don't anymore, and the problem persist, and it's pissing me off.... always take me an extra hour to burn because i have to cut the end of a file off so it will fit
Old 2004-01-23, 14:07   Link #4
Esperchld
Photographer

thats odd, i have no problem putting ~99mins on a CD with nero 6
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 14:37   Link #5
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperchld
thats odd, i have no problem putting ~99mins on a CD with nero 6
no, not VCD (not that i don't have problem burning VCD either) but when i just burn avi files in its form into the CD, and data CD as well, i used to go as high as 703mb by measure, now it only allow me 693mb, higher by even 1mb and NERO and eject the CD and telling me the media has insufficient space
Old 2004-01-24, 15:38   Link #6
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Easy solution, go back to nero 4/5.
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 21:20   Link #7
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumja
Easy solution, go back to nero 4/5.
actually, i did; I uninstalled Nero 6, and also clean out the registry, so it won't have anything left over, then i install NERO 5 (from CD, not dl executable) same problem still remain, i even went as far back as Nero 4.1 (hard to find that CD anymore, i'm even surprised myself for keeping that CD) somehow, i don't think it's NERO's problem... wonder that it is? XP maybe?
Old 2004-01-24, 23:31   Link #8
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac

after much tempering, and through the course of 5 days, try after try, i think i found the solution, but this solution is just my particular case, and might not be able to fix yours, so try is at your own risk!!

When i installed XP I specifically dodge Microsoft's attempt to furture screw with me, i asked not to change my HD's file format from FAT32 to NTFS; it didn't cause me problem before, the problem only occur recently (started 4-5 months ago, as opposed to install XP when it first came out). I figured I tried everything, why not one more, so i used my Partition Magic 8.0 to change my HD to NT file system (NTFS) and i'm able to burn CD at full size again (~703MB)