AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-12, 09:35   Link #2581
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A quick question for the thread: What are acceptable DPS and health values on Inferno? My Wizard rather feels underpowered in Act 1 despite having +36,000 health and 11,000 DPS.
act 1 inferno for sorcs wizards should be around 20k-30k dps and having some all resist gear and around 18k-30k hp.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 09:46   Link #2582
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Same here. I'm playing on the Asia server, and everyone else is on the Americas

A quick question for the thread: What are acceptable DPS and health values on Inferno? My Wizard rather feels underpowered in Act 1 despite having +36,000 health and 11,000 DPS.
What's your resist?
My armour was 4000 or so, with only 180 resist. So I sacrificed some Vitality in exchange for All Resist so currently my resist is 290. I think it is vital that you get your armour and resist balanced as much as you can. As everyone knows, the magic ratio is 10 armour to 1 resist.

Stacking vitality too much was a bad idea, as I lose more health with Force armour and my potion and orbs couldn't fully heal me. It is one giant balancing act.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:08   Link #2583
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Stacking vitality too much was a bad idea, as I lose more health with Force armour and my potion and orbs couldn't fully heal me. It is one giant balancing act.
Prismatic armor is the way to go. 6.5k Armor, 700 all resist, 40khp and I tank like a beast. My DPS isn't anything special, but it's still a little over 30k while buffed with magical weapon.

Albeit there are still champion and elite mobs that wtfpwn my hp down to nothing in a matter of seconds, but no white mobs are a threat anymore and it's nice to be able to take a few hits from some of those OP mobs with ridiculous affixes and not go down. It takes four of belials hand smash attacks to KO me, that's probably better than what most tank classes can even contest to.
Old 2012-06-12, 13:26   Link #2584
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Everyone is on the American region, I feel left out
I'm on the EU servers as well. What levels do you have?
Old 2012-06-12, 13:42   Link #2585
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Anyone play on EU/UK server and want to level a char from 1-60 with me? Skype too if you like, I hate playing games like Diablo 3 on my own its so boring, A anime friend to play D3 with would be perfect
BradleySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 14:32   Link #2586
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Vitality's the last thing to stack for the most part. Someone with 20k health and 50% reduction may seem to have the same as someone with 40k health and 0 reduction. However, a potion will recover the former's health by more than 1/2, and much less for the later.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 14:37   Link #2587
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Same here. I'm playing on the Asia server, and everyone else is on the Americas

My DH currently has 18k dps and 45k health with resist around 180++
And still struggling on elite in act I...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 15:04   Link #2588
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
I'm on the EU servers as well. What levels do you have?
I have a lvl 53 DH (Hell Softcore) 60 WD (Inferno act2 Softcore) and 60 WD on hardcore act 2.

I don't mind leveling a new character, would like to try out monk.

Thank you for explaining dupe, seems obvious now.
Old 2012-06-12, 15:16   Link #2589
iceyfw

"There is a 3-day waiting period before digitally purchased versions of Diablo III can access the real-money auction house"

i cant even see the lolprices people are putting up in the first hour
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 15:21   Link #2590
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

In before "Man makes huge fortune selling cracked sashes for big money"

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-12, 16:07   Link #2591
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Mahou has finally obtained his version of Diablo 3, after it was sold out in most online shops (in Germany) . First character a Monk because I like the female character model . I'll try one of the ranged classes next (either DH or Wizard) while switching between D3 and my Visual Novels :3.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 17:01   Link #2592
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Mahou has finally obtained his version of Diablo 3, after it was sold out in most online shops (in Germany) . First character a Monk because I like the female character model . I'll try one of the ranged classes next (either DH or Wizard) while switching between D3 and my Visual Novels :3.
I highly recommend range class 1st to support your monk's gearing...

//

Made $10 so far off RMAH selling two items worth ~500k ea.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 17:09   Link #2593
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Old 2012-06-12, 17:10   Link #2594
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I'm playing a monk too and I don't need to play a ranged class to support it
Old 2012-06-12, 17:12   Link #2595
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

For the RMAH, if you want to sell items and want to take the money for yourself (NOT bnet balance) wouldn't the fees own you badly?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-12, 17:18   Link #2596
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I kept them as bnet balance atm. I figured I can cash out very easily by buying a ton of gold with bnet balance and then reselling it into paypal balance (blizz takes $1 and paypal takes a while 15% iirc... so $$)
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 17:35   Link #2597
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

$1 and 15% per transaction seems pretty damned vicious when it comes to real money. You can't sell anything for small amounts since then you'll get gimped really badly. 5-1-0.75= 3.25!

Until they let us sell items in packs, this is not viable unless one thinks people will pay anything above $10 for the godliest of items.

Also from what I've read, Battle.net balance can't be redeemed for actual cash or transferred to a third party anymore; only used for Blizz products.
http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...information#q9

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-12 at 18:55.
Old 2012-06-12, 18:55   Link #2598
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Prismatic armor is the way to go. 6.5k Armor, 700 all resist, 40khp and I tank like a beast. My DPS isn't anything special, but it's still a little over 30k while buffed with magical weapon.

Albeit there are still champion and elite mobs that wtfpwn my hp down to nothing in a matter of seconds, but no white mobs are a threat anymore and it's nice to be able to take a few hits from some of those OP mobs with ridiculous affixes and not go down. It takes four of belials hand smash attacks to KO me, that's probably better than what most tank classes can even contest to.
There is really no need to stack that much resists as a Wizard honestly speaking. In act 3 you will get bent over even with that much resists while not running Force Armor. I had over 850 resist all and 5k armor at one point, but everything was still procing Force Armor once you're into act 3. Having only 30k DPS with Force Weapon in act 3 is going to make things very difficult for you. While it's nice to take 1-2 extra hits with all your resists, if you can't kill mobs quickly, you will still die.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 19:04   Link #2599
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So, I gather that, unless you have really godly gear to offer that selling stuff for real money is a bad idea at this point (due to the comission both Blizzard and Paypal get)? Works for me, but I worry that the people selling the really REALLY nice gear will all start selling their items only for dollars, which will leave people like me struggling to gain gold only high and dry.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-06-12 at 19:43.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 19:13   Link #2600
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
There is really no need to stack that much resists as a Wizard honestly speaking. In act 3 you will get bent over even with that much resists while not running Force Armor. I had over 850 resist all and 5k armor at one point, but everything was still procing Force Armor once you're into act 3. Having only 30k DPS with Force Weapon in act 3 is going to make things very difficult for you. While it's nice to take 1-2 extra hits with all your resists, if you can't kill mobs quickly, you will still die.
I'm running a melee critical mass build, I'm not bent over because things rarely are able to target me. I need the resistance because while that's the case, champion and elite creatures are incredibly hard to lock down, so I need to be able to take a few hits before I frost/nova and regain my health from life on hit. Rinse and repeat. I don't even have my desired build yet and I can proc my 15second Frost Nova once every 2-3 seconds. Added with Diamond skin that procs just as quickly, I'm rather difficult to kill. I hoenstly think once I have max critical hit, I'll be able to perma freeze even champion packs. This is why I'd say this build is far more capable than a tank class unless he has insanely good armor. My attacks per second is almost 3 and I have 800 life on hit, coupled with some pretty sick life regeneration. And yeah,wizards shouldn't have to kite, they're not a ranged class like DH and I found it incredibly tedious as a mage, so I just opted for a more hands on approach. Not to mention the fact that any elite mob with the fast affix was completely impossible to kill or run from, and this was kind of my countermeasure. If this build has a weakness, I'd say it's ranged mobs hitting me in the back while I lock down the melee. I kind of need a work around for that.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler