Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-23, 17:14   Link #41
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Given the show's considerable popularity on both 2chan and /a/... yeah, I think we're getting a sequel.
The dvds/blu-ray preorders are doing pretty well too it seems. Shipping's so damned expensive...well at least it looks like they won't be doing that 2 ep per disc crap with this show.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 21:02   Link #42
cyoti

Where is Senjougahara's father during Hitagi Crab?
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 23:16   Link #43
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
Where is Senjougahara's father during Hitagi Crab?
Wandering around off-screen doing fatherly things?

It's been noted that background characters don't appear in this series (at the very least, there don't seem to be any background characters with dialogue in the novels, from what I've heard, and Shaft seems to be taking extra care to avoid showing them. Remember the OP that consisted of nothing but Mayoi, and the construction worker[?] icons that stand in for people in Kanbaru's flasback?).

Since Hitagi mentions she did work for him to earn money and whatnot, I don't think he's a bad father or anything. Just not enough a part of the immediate story to warrant an appearance.
Old 2009-09-02, 03:18   Link #44
Clarste
Human

Even important side-characters like Hitagi's mother don't get any lines or even proper character designs. No one has appeared in an episode other than the main characters and Koyomi's sisters.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 01:41   Link #45
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Bit of a silly question but...

While checking the characters section in the official Bake site, I noticed that Senjougahara's name was actually written instead as Senjyogahara.

http://www.bakemonogatari.com/chara/

And was wondering wich is the correct one?

A mistake on the official site, or are both correct ways to write down her name?
Old 2009-09-03, 01:48   Link #46
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

That's likely a typo error on the website. Given the sheer number of obvious typo/spelling errors in the series so far, I'm not particularly surprised to find another mistake here.

Senjougahara would be the typical way to transliterate her name from hiragana.

Alternatively, we could write Senjōgahara, but that would be a bit inconvenient, given the need for one special character.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 01:50   Link #47
Clarste
Human

At first I though it was the Kunrei-shiki romanization system, which is the official system used in Japan. The internet tends to use another system which a lot of people think has more intuitive pronunciations.

Then I looked it up. It's just wrong.
Old 2009-09-03, 01:56   Link #48
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I see, thanks to the both of you for the fast replies!
Old 2009-09-05, 17:51   Link #49
senarious

Won't be there "Koyomi Vamp" arc ?
Is Tsubasa cat arc really that long ? (5 ep)
senarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 22:02   Link #50
Clarste
Human

Not part of this season anyway. The anime is based on the Bakemonogatari novels, which have 5 arcs ending with Tsubasa Neko. Koyomi Vamp is part of the prequel novel Kizumonogatari, and therefore is not going to be part of this season.

Given how popular the show is turning out to be though, I'd be very surprised if they weren't thinking about animating Kizumonogatari in the future (along with Nisemonogatari etc).
Old 2009-09-08, 22:32   Link #51
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm curious... someone remind me when the first DVD of this series is supposed to be released?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 03:54   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I'm curious... someone remind me when the first DVD of this series is supposed to be released?
September 30th.
Old 2009-09-10, 08:39   Link #53
~Secret~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
The episode breakdown is:

01-02: Hitagi Crab
03-05: Mayoi Snail
06-08: Suruga Monkey
09-10: Nadeko Snake
11-15: Tsubasa Cat

Episode 1-12 will be broadcast on TV, episode 13-15 will be distributed freely on official website.

Source is from director Shinbo interview in the official website.
Wait is that really true?!
Why does Nadeko only get 2 episodes and why are 3 of Tsubasa's being show online and not all 4?
~Secret~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 09:01   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Secret~ View Post
Wait is that really true?!
Why does Nadeko only get 2 episodes and why are 3 of Tsubasa's being show online and not all 4?
Because the TV station's will only air 12 episodes.
Old 2009-09-11, 00:31   Link #55
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Is anybody subbing the extended previews?

Do they add anything important or worth knowing?

I can't never make heads or tails out of the regular ones so....
Old 2009-09-15, 20:11   Link #56
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Bit of a silly question but...

While checking the characters section in the official Bake site, I noticed that Senjougahara's name was actually written instead as Senjyogahara.

http://www.bakemonogatari.com/chara/

And was wondering wich is the correct one?

A mistake on the official site, or are both correct ways to write down her name?
When I was learning Japanese my text book had 3 different ways that one could romanizise (sp?) Hiragana.

That way looks to be legitimate. I may get that text book out later and make sure.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 22:32   Link #57
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Is anybody subbing the extended previews?

Do they add anything important or worth knowing?

I can't never make heads or tails out of the regular ones so....
From what I've read, they're important closures to the last arc and the overall storyline.... they simply had to have 15 episodes and only 12 fit in a cour.

I'm assuming our subber groups will continue their activities (though I wonder what the resolution of the webbed episodes will be).

I figure someone will do the DVD R2 torrents later... with the current economy, I'm really not counting on this one ever seeing R1 (though I'll order it delivered via rocket if it happens).
Old 2009-09-15, 22:35   Link #58
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
It's possible for use to watch the ones that will be streamed right? Even if it is just RAW.
Old 2009-09-15, 22:42   Link #59
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

guess i'll ask this here, read through and dont really see an answer to it

I just d.loaded the epps of this that are out so far and only had time to watch a few.. kinda interesting but what the heck is with the stupid flash's with text? the animation seems quite poor as well. I did a little searching online and i guess the studio animating it, Shaft, is notorious for being quite cheap and spreading itself to thin. I saw an article about episode 10 having an absurd amount of those little text boxes, with a lot just saying 'scene missing' and next to no animation at the end

whats the deal with this? Is the studio just this bad quality? are they running out of time? Trying to play it off as a certain style seems like a cop out to me. Just wondering if anyone knew whats going on, im wondering if its even worth watching the rest of this
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 23:00   Link #60
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
guess i'll ask this here, read through and dont really see an answer to it

I just d.loaded the epps of this that are out so far and only had time to watch a few.. kinda interesting but what the heck is with the stupid flash's with text? the animation seems quite poor as well. I did a little searching online and i guess the studio animating it, Shaft, is notorious for being quite cheap and spreading itself to thin. I saw an article about episode 10 having an absurd amount of those little text boxes, with a lot just saying 'scene missing' and next to no animation at the end

whats the deal with this? Is the studio just this bad quality? are they running out of time? Trying to play it off as a certain style seems like a cop out to me. Just wondering if anyone knew whats going on, im wondering if its even worth watching the rest of this
From what I've heard, it's mostly production scheduling problems and issues finding an outsourcing company. They seem to be pretty good on the financial end for this series, in terms of sponsors and all, so it appears they just ran out of time and manpower last week.

Some fixes have been made on versions of the episode that broadcast on other stations, and presumably it's all gonna be better on the DVD. Still, this series has overall, so far as my eye can tell, been significantly better animated than most of Shaft's other shows, and the finished parts of episode 10 were still high quality.

Tags
q&a