AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-28, 13:24   Link #1201
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The Empire will fall, this is certain. So the quicker I made the StormCloaks win the sooner we get this farce peace over with, and humanity can band together to crush Nazi elf skulls.
LOL I'm an Agorian so when I found out that Ulfric was racist I decided to join the Empire.

Maybe next run I'll join the Stormcloaks and go from there.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 13:28   Link #1202
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Amazing. I'll get it when I get home. My first character (now lvl 61) isn't useless now. Can actually play around with builds.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 13:52   Link #1203
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Not sure if this was posted before but for PC players, you can set your companions to your level by

1. dismissing your current companion
2. open up console and target your companion
3. type [disable] without bracket
4. type [enable] without bracket

your companion's stat and skill should be at your current level after that.
Old 2011-11-28, 14:39   Link #1204
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2 Patch notes from Bethesda
The latest update for Skyrim is rolling out on PlayStation 3. Our ETA for PC and 360 is Wednesday

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
Dragon corpses now clean up properly
Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

After releasing the 1.2 update, we will continue to monitor forums, blogs, etc. for issues you are reporting, and we will keep you updated on further updates to improve your gameplay experience.
Putting game balance aside (not sure if they will touch upon that at all), I am a little disappointed at the low number of fixes. There are issues such as Blood on the Ice that really needs fixing as players cannot come up with their own fixes via console/mods. "Bugs" like dead body appearing during the wedding is fine: in fact some people see it as an opportunity to recover items on companion bodies which they cannot find.

I am just going to hope they at least fixed the random crashes.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 14:41   Link #1205
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I want to improve the steal skill further to steal equipeded weapons and items, but I am at a point where I want to put points into several things and have a bit of trouble deciding.

At the beginning , i spent my time to sneak & steal people , i joined Thieves guild , the sneak & steal increased faster so i put my points on them. And then when i was done with stealing Whiterun & Riften , i started to kill stuffs then 1H , Bow & Light armor increased so. I'll say that if you play a Thief/Assassin , first it's better to increase sneak & steal(to get stuff & moneys etc....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Oh I didn't know that. I am just getting back into the PC gaming scene, but will always be a console gamer at heart and would prefer to use a controller for this game.
Anyway , the interface was made for console so... , the only thing which make the PC better is the mod. Hope someone come with a new interface for PC.

Quote:
Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
Yes good , after a long battle , i killed one Millenium Dragon & he didn't give me his soul , i was upset...

Quote:
ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
Finally.

They also need to fix some quest bug like the one in Nightcaller temple , save before the "companion" quest enter the temple. Or you can have the bug where he's already at the end... & then you can't move forward.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 14:52   Link #1206
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I think they also fix several bugs where the perk did not give you the bonus - This drove me nuts. :<
Old 2011-11-28, 15:00   Link #1207
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Putting game balance aside (not sure if they will touch upon that at all), I am a little disappointed at the low number of fixes. There are issues such as Blood on the Ice that really needs fixing as players cannot come up with their own fixes via console/mods. "Bugs" like dead body appearing during the wedding is fine: in fact some people see it as an opportunity to recover items on companion bodies which they cannot find.

I am just going to hope they at least fixed the random crashes.
They probably worked exclusively on the PS3 bugs first, as it was the number 1 priority.
Old 2011-11-28, 15:03   Link #1208
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I read on the forum that the buff you get from the lexicon does not work (+25% armor when wearing dwarven and 15% faster smithing). If they fix the armor portion it will make dwarven armor even better than daedric.

I was never bothered with the dragon thing. I think after defeating Alduin they spawn more frequently? I have something like 17 souls saved up and nothing "good" to spend them on.

How about adjusting companion AI so they don't always get in your way (esp doors)? Like... have them protect you from a distant. How about that annoying dog that keeps on shoving me?

Interface wise I hope they fix dual wielding hotkeys. I always have to manually equip my offhand =/
Old 2011-11-28, 15:10   Link #1209
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I read on the forum that the buff you get from the lexicon does not work (+25% armor when wearing dwarven and 15% faster smithing). If they fix the armor portion it will make dwarven armor even better than daedric.

I was never bothered with the dragon thing. I think after defeating Alduin they spawn more frequently? I have something like 17 souls saved up and nothing "good" to spend them on.

How about adjusting companion AI so they don't always get in your way (esp doors)? Like... have them protect you from a distant. How about that annoying dog that keeps on shoving me?

Interface wise I hope they fix dual wielding hotkeys. I always have to manually equip my offhand =/
Have any of you guys had issues with horses? Sometimes when I get off the horse it'll start walking away to wherever and I've had to fast travel to a place in order to get the horse to come back.

That and its annoying to have the horse get into a fight as it gets in the way.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 15:15   Link #1210
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyone else have a problem with Amulent of talos? where it gives you 0% decrease in shout cooldown?
Old 2011-11-28, 15:51   Link #1211
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Ugh, I'm still stumped on what needs to be done to get Thaneship in Dawnstar/the Pale. What's worse about it is, for some reason, the 'Return to Skald for Reward' markers keep on piling up, despite the fact that I've already received said rewards.

P.S. From what I could understand, there are a few other Dragon Burials where you can disrupt Alduin in... Except the game gives no hint where they are. And yes, the map in Delphine's room doesn't help, as it doesn't even show up in your inventory.
Strange, the map does show up in mine. Did you check both the books and misc items? Sometimes items that by all rights should be in books are stuffed in misc and vice versa.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-11-28 at 16:01.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 15:54   Link #1212
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
The horse runs back to where you picked it up because you didn't buy the horse. Only horses you buy (1000 gold) from an NPC stick with you.
--------------
I never noticed about the 0% shout. I'll check it when I'm home. I used it before but made my own amulets later on.
--------------
Yes dragons are way more common after Alduin dies, and there's nothing to use them as it takes forever to find a shout and there's not many to begin with.
--------------
The number of times my companion stood in front of me and died permanently makes me want to throw my room out the window. >: (
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 17:14   Link #1213
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Have any of you guys had issues with horses? Sometimes when I get off the horse it'll start walking away to wherever and I've had to fast travel to a place in order to get the horse to come back.

Sometimes your horse walks a little bit further away to the "parking spot" (even if you own the horse).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Anyone else have a problem with Amulent of talos? where it gives you 0% decrease in shout cooldown?
Its the blessing that display 0% decrease. The amulet and blessing both work and stalk additively giving 40% reduction. If you use shouts a lot the amulet is possibly the best amulet in game until enchanting levels grant +30% weapon damage. Being about to whirlwind sprint more often in towns, able to slow time or push enemies off cliffs more often in combat is invaluable imo. Also more fun than trying to kill enemies in the least # of hits.
Old 2011-11-28, 17:23   Link #1214
Aqua Knight

I don't understand. I found like 4 words on walls, killed a bunch of dragons, got their souls but I can't use those shouts.

Or I don't understand how the system works?
Old 2011-11-28, 17:55   Link #1215
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Yes dragons are way more common after Alduin dies
Really ? I didn't killed him yet but currently i encountered many Milleniums.
Note that 1/2 times i went to Winterhold , there's always a Millenium too lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 18:04   Link #1216
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I don't understand. I found like 4 words on walls, killed a bunch of dragons, got their souls but I can't use those shouts.

Or I don't understand how the system works?
Go to the magic manual, select a shout and press R to spend soul.
Old 2011-11-28, 19:01   Link #1217
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Strange, the map does show up in mine. Did you check both the books and misc items? Sometimes items that by all rights should be in books are stuffed in misc and vice versa.
I'll have to see about that when I get home. The less dragons revived, the less bother for my character, in my opinion (in a RP-ing sense). Though that means Esbern and Delphine will have to wait for a bit longer. Ah, so many quests...

On an unrelated note, any leads on which 3 quests will get me ingratiated with Dawnstar's jarl? There are only 2 major quests in Dawnstar anyway, and I already finished the nightmare/Vaermina quest. The OTHER quest is for Mehrune's Razor, but I'm still torn on what to do with that one.
Old 2011-11-28, 19:14   Link #1218
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'll have to see about that when I get home. The less dragons revived, the less bother for my character, in my opinion (in a RP-ing sense). Though that means Esbern and Delphine will have to wait for a bit longer. Ah, so many quests...

On an unrelated note, any leads on which 3 quests will get me ingratiated with Dawnstar's jarl? There are only 2 major quests in Dawnstar anyway, and I already finished the nightmare/Vaermina quest. The OTHER quest is for Mehrune's Razor, but I'm still torn on what to do with that one.
Quote:
Thane of Dawnstar is obtained by completing the following tasks:

The quest "Waking Nightmare" begun by talking to Erandur in the inn.

Then complete three minor quests

Give a drink to Karl one of the miners.
Sell ore to the iron mine owner Beitild.
Fetch Fine Void-Salt for Captain Wayfinder.

A forth quest for the local museum also exists, but if the other three are completed it is not necessary.
I am a terrible person as I killed many to add to my collection of daedric artifacts stored inside a barrel at home.
Old 2011-11-28, 19:43   Link #1219
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Meanwhile, I finally created a dark elf I can stand to look at, whom I'm taking on a magical thief route. Don't mind me, I'm way back at the start again
Old 2011-11-28, 19:58   Link #1220
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
This.

I ended up killing my first horse with an arrow (sneak x3) less than an hour after buying it.

As for bugs........ I got the one were a Giant's Toe is marked as a quest item and said item "absorbs" any other Toe that I happened to get, never letting me use any of them. >_<

Thankfully, I was able to shake this off after finishing "A Night to Remember", but I have heard this doesn't work for some people.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim