AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-04-04, 13:19   Link #41
Valky
Radioactive

I don't think you need to have Hashirama's DNA to use Izanagi. The Uchiha's could do it by themselves. The only reason why Danzo need Hashirama's DNA is because he is not an Uchiha and he needs it to control those many eyes, although Tobi still said it's not perfect.

So even Kabuto himself doesn't even know his own lineage, poor bastard.

"It's already prepared" .. I wonder what the preparations are ..

Next week should be fun.
Old 2012-04-04, 13:30   Link #42
iBeast

So if Izanami is the opposite of Izanagi, that means that the users eyes won't be closed after the eye technique? It would suck for Itachi for his eyes to be screwed so many times in this series.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 13:35   Link #43
Lendial

zombie uchiha are immune to blindness i think.
Old 2012-04-04, 14:47   Link #44
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
Itachi further cements his position as one of the if not best character in the series.
It's the opposite with me. The more I see Itachi, the less I like him. I preferred the mysterious Itachi whose power, while great, was within reason. Not the one Kishi is going with now. He should have stayed dead.

I would of liked to see Itachi use his brain and come up with something interesting to counter Kabuto. "I have another sharingan hax power" isn't that interesting and sadly sort of predicable with this manga given Kishimoto's eye fetish. When you can alter or change reality, you become less of a bad ass and more of a Mary Sue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
im more interested in itachi's parting words to his little brother than how this fight will turn out.
who knows, maybe kishi will suprise us by having sasuke saved now and here instead of later on by naruto.
So the entire plot of Naruto being the one to change Sasuke and make him see the light would have been a huge waste. Great writing there.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 15:05   Link #45
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Can't say if he knows it.

Maybe Izanami manifest only when there's a pair of Uchiha using it or something. With Uchiha pair being shown and emphasize in the past chapters, I wouldn't be surprised.
Izanagi makes illusion a reality, so
maybe Izanami makes reality an illusion!. or Izanagi can change the user
destiny, while Izanami can change the victims destiny?
in other words itachi will use izanami to decide kabuto fate ? Izanami
would turn Itachi's genjutsu into a reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Can't say if he knows it.

Maybe Izanami manifest only when there's a pair of Uchiha using it or something. With Uchiha pair being shown and emphasize in the past chapters, I wouldn't be surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Izanagi is that technique that makes fake things real and real things fake.
also maybe Itachi doesn't need to make eye contact to cast genjutsu maybe izanami works when you make physical contact with the caster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Sharingan izanagi lets you make any damage done to you vanish while rinnegan izanagi lets you create / alter things and maybe rinnegan can also use sharingan style izanagi as well.

On a page of this chapter it looked like Sasuke's EMS design changed but it may have just been drawn wrong and I presume the bar scene with Sasuke was outside of Konoha with some leaf ninja visiting the bar.

Itachi can use izanami, I wonder if his eye will heal or lose its eyesight despite him being a Edo zombie. Seems Kabuto is trying to get Sasuke to join him since he knows there's a chance he could lose this fight.
since Itachi is an Edo Tensei,
he's body will repair itself and heal anyway, using edo tensei's regeneration
abilities to his advantage.. in fact he could even use Izanagi all the time.
Itachi, he never seizes to amaze me... still my favorite Ninja in the Naruto
world. Itachi is so far ahead from Sasuke with EMS .... still teaching
Sasuke how to wipe his ass even after rising from dead and beaten
Nagato, plus helped Naruto out too.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-04-04 at 18:09. Reason: triple posts...
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 16:11   Link #46
Lendial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
So the entire plot of Naruto being the one to change Sasuke and make him see the light would have been a huge waste. Great writing there.
This is the likely cliche conclusion to the series but one I found terribly absurd, almost as absurd as naruto's 'you can be an uber ninja without the advantage of ridiculously powerful bloodlines if you work hard enough'.
Old 2012-04-04, 16:24   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

Guessing Izanami is inception-esque.
Old 2012-04-04, 16:29   Link #48
kakakka

I think whatever Itachi's character will offer is just a "device" to ease Naruto's issue of converting Sasuke. The way it is right now, they'll be ending up killing each other (of course, outside of the realm of deus ex machinas during their confrontation).
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 16:29   Link #49
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
Edo's having regeneration is why I think Kishi may make even a edo blind if they used izanagi or izanami since the edo would be practically invincible if they didn't go blind but Itachi's eyes may heal after using Izanami next chapter.

Hyuga fans are probably wondering why sharingan gained another power up while byakugan has stayed the same since part 1 but it makes sense that izanami would be introduced since she was the wife of Izanagi in mythology.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 17:36   Link #50
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Edo's having regeneration is why I think Kishi may make even a edo blind if they used izanagi or izanami since the edo would be practically invincible if they didn't go blind but Itachi's eyes may heal after using Izanami next chapter.
Any blindness would only be temporary. ET has a template of the body/spirit. It will eventually revert to it, even if Itachi has to blow his own head off to do it.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 17:45   Link #51
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Some of these regenerations do take a bit of time though. Like the time the Shinobi army needs to seal up the Edos.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 18:03   Link #52
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Any blindness would only be temporary. ET has a template of the body/spirit. It will eventually revert to it, even if Itachi has to blow his own head off to do it.
Izanagi sealed Danzo's sharingan eyes so izanami may seal Itachi's eyes instead of just damaging them so izanami may make Itachi blind in 1 eye forever or for a short time.

If jutsu like izanami and izanagi don't seal a edo's sharingan eyes then any edo who can use izanagi would be nearly invincible since they could forever spam izanagi which is why I think jutsu like Izanami could possibly blind even a edo.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-04 at 18:37.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 18:30   Link #53
Rahan

So the only point of this fight is Itachi fanservice and to hammer into our heads that murdering your own family is a great thing to do if it's in the name of peace ...
Kishi officially writes like a 10 years old kid defending his own hero. "What ? People can't accept his actions ? look, he is so cool, he can come back from the dead, take control of himself, save the shinobi world and the life of the 5 kages while schooling the main characters (one of them being okay with clan murder while the other will learn to accept it) Plus only the villains and worthless characters call him a villain So, now, don't you think he is good ?" Well, no sorry, Kishimoto. I have reading this for 8 years, I am not a 12 years old kid anymore

Nothing to see here except Itachi's truth which is the Uchiha involvement with Tobi / Madara against Naruto / Konoha ... (so that both Itachi and Sasuke's name can be redeemed, at the expense of the Uchiha's clan reputation, so Sasuke will have to give up on his dream to rebuild the clan).

There is nothing to expect from Sasuke (not his fight here), Kabuto (when his main power was the one Naruto got 100 chapters ago and which is insufficient to compete at the highest level, you knew his fight would be cut short anyways) or even the kages, since Itachi can't fail to redeem his name, although the price for his victory will be his own zombie life.

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-04-04 at 19:06.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 19:29   Link #54
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314
I liked the bar scene, but it was kind of dumb.
I still find it funny how the bad guys in this series wear black robes to keep a low profile.

And that it actually works!

You hear Uchiha Itachi was killed? Sure wish I could catch an S-class criminal in the bingo book. Say, you think those guys sitting 2 feet away from us in the ominous black robes might be criminals?

Don't be ridiculous. What kind of criminal wears a hooded robe that obscures all his features?

Haha you're right. What was I thinking?

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 19:55   Link #55
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
If jutsu like izanami and izanagi don't seal a edo's sharingan eyes then any edo who can use izanagi would be nearly invincible since they could forever spam izanagi
Why would they need to? Edo already gives them immortality, infinite chakra and regeneration. Izanagi is just redundant at that point.

Quote:
which is why I think jutsu like Izanami could possibly blind even a edo.
Izanami is most likely just a watered down version of Koto. ie genjutsu only. So it's probably not even that powerful.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 19:56   Link #56
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I still find it funny how the bad guys in this series wear black robes to keep a low profile.

And that it actually works! [/I]
Haha, very right xD

I always find it weird that they wear black robes but they never travel during the night. I mean, isn't that the main reason why ninja wear black in the first place? to camouflage themselves and merging with the dark surroundings? haha.

Anyway, it's kinda a boring chapter for me.

Kabuto's words are redundant, it's like hearing Danzo's speech all over again. I can't wait to see how this fight ends and proceed to the five Kages battle against Madara.
Old 2012-04-04, 20:59   Link #57
DarthDestroiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
Izanagi makes illusion a reality, so
maybe Izanami makes reality an illusion!. or Izanagi can change the user
destiny, while Izanami can change the victims destiny?
in other words itachi will use izanami to decide kabuto fate ? Izanami
would turn Itachi's genjutsu into a reality.

also maybe Itachi doesn't need to make eye contact to cast genjutsu maybe izanami works when you make physical contact with the caster.

Thats why they should make a Itachi gaiden, and maybe see people talking if he could have been a future hokage.
I actually liked the Sasuke flashback, and poor Kabuto, he will be the victim of izanami, know we know hes gonna die, new eye technique needs a example, and that example its Kabuto. But he wouldnt be the first to survive a new eye technique Sasuke survived Danzo, but Sasuke cant be touched so...
DarthDestroiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 21:14   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

And that it actually works!

You hear Uchiha Itachi was killed? Sure wish I could catch an S-class criminal in the bingo book. Say, you think those guys sitting 2 feet away from us in the ominous black robes might be criminals?

Don't be ridiculous. What kind of criminal wears a hooded robe that obscures all his features?

Haha you're right. What was I thinking?
lol yea. i always thought of the black robes as a sign that akatsuki was a bunch of braggarts who wanted people to know they were coming since they couldn't defend themselves anyway. which is really cool since they are so arrogant. but in scenes like this it makes no sense. they were clearly trying to be indiscreet... could they not find any flashy red and gold robes to wear?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 22:02   Link #59
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDestroiar View Post
Thats why they should make a Itachi gaiden, and maybe see people talking if he could have been a future hokage.
I actually liked the Sasuke flashback, and poor Kabuto, he will be the victim of izanami, know we know hes gonna die, new eye technique needs a example, and that example its Kabuto.
The whole point of Izanami is not to kill Kabuto otherwise this fight could've been over a long time ago with Amaterasu. Whatever the technique does, Itachi plans to use it non-fatally to force Kabuto to undo Edo Tensei. But Kabuto's time is pretty much up after that. Even if sage mode makes him more powerful, it's pretty clear he's relying mostly on Edo Tensei. Without it he's useless to Tobi, who would likely kill him if Itachi and Sasuke didn't.

Sasuke's staying calmer than I thought. Looks like he won't lose control and kill Kabuto before he can undo the jutsu like I believed earlier. I wonder if there's a chance of Kabuto pulling a Kisame and killing himself before his enemies get what they want out of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
lol yea. i always thought of the black robes as a sign that akatsuki was a bunch of braggarts who wanted people to know they were coming since they couldn't defend themselves anyway. which is really cool since they are so arrogant. but in scenes like this it makes no sense. they were clearly trying to be indiscreet... could they not find any flashy red and gold robes to wear?
True. I thought it was a bit silly when Itachi and Kisame wore them to sneak around Konoha. Especially with Kisame carrying his big ass sword. But Akatsuki wasn't known in Konoha yet and it at least seemed like Itachi and Kisame were trying to avoid being spotted at all rather than blending in. Plus, the Konoha nin did become immediately suspicious when they saw them. Sasuke and Tobi just chat in public with their cult robes on and a group of shinobi who apparently have info all about Akatsuki members in their bingo books don't bat an eyelash!

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 22:23   Link #60
haegar
mangaviking

dunno bout pulling a Kisame. Kisame had seen a looong life of being a badass bingo book guy, he seemed kinda subversive towards the guy he deemed to be madara and apparently at the time that was enough to die for.

I dont see though that Kabuto would do that. He's a snake, he is cool and calculating and slithering along carefully and deliberately towards his goals...he dont give up and die when facing the odds - he looks for a hole to escape through and finds it.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion