AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-18, 21:58   Link #3401
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Jak - It protects him from energy blasts and ballsitic impact to a certain extent but that's only because it was meant to protect IS pilots and they faced those dangers outside the suit. It's even a miracle he can wear the thing considering it was meant for pilots only.

Still waiting for a suggestion for a nationality.
Yeah, wearing that's a real bitch alright.

The Silverback combat armor, it can shrugg off a round from an M1 Abrams tank. Meaning that it can take a direct hit from it, and walk away as if nothing happened.

Oh and MeisterBabylon, here's a little hint...

Spoiler for Hint:

And a quick question, what did you think of the last part of Ch. 3 in Project Silverback?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:01   Link #3402
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
ASEAN? UNIFIED?! PFFFTTT

I used to think that but recently...
Spoiler for Lol political:

Yeah, Troll vs Internet Tough Guy, that would be messy.

Back to topic guys. Irish's Nationality? Where exactly Irish was found by the anti-I.S. terrorist anyway?
That would be Europe. But Irish doesn't remember where he lived and his spoken language has no accent because he was raised to not have one. He does have japanese blood but it doesn't look it and he has no features to show for it.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:03   Link #3403
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Meister

Sorry, not my intention to making fun of you (just making fun of my own country).

In various SciFi works, ASEAN ALWAYS been unified very well.

For example, in Front Mission series, they're opening to the the rest of the world, connecting Japan and Australia (as well New Zealand and Papua new Guinea), creates one of the most powerful super power that is OCU, Ocean Community Union. This is actually based on real life ASEAN Free Trade Agreement.
Old 2011-10-18, 22:12   Link #3404
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I only said that everything will be peaceful eventually, but right now the world is upside down and flipped left to right. The upheavals will continue, but it'll get there eventually.

The reason why I depicted Europe as dystopian because of Germany. After unification, to remain relevant to an inverted world, they began to expand militaristically. Old Nazi plans are revived in secret, and what was once East Europe is being sapped to fuel this new Reich. Meanwhlie, welfare is stretched to breaking point, the people strike every day, and life on the streets in this insane Europe is harsh. Only the rich are exempt and they continue to prey on the poor.

Not to be left out, the US does everything to stay top dog, but with repeated strikes, disillusionment, a radically different Obama, and the election of a Republican president more destructive than Bush, the only thing that the US has left in 2021 is their awesome military.

What was once the 3rd world now stands in between all these sword-rattling bruised egos and brash newcomers. For now, the reborn space race has channeled the energy towards "peaceful" efforts. But this is temporary. This world must continue to change, or else everything will fall apart.

But for all the changes, there has been no war. Every day, small victories are being won. No one does something stupid. The Plan is being followed, and the world will get there eventually. Just that in every revolution, sacrifices must be made. This is how Tabane sees it, and on this backdrop does Karon's naive intervention begin.

The reason why I consider this optimistic because its screwed up now, but its only temporary. Endure. Believe. And things do work out. Even if Tabane intends to become the world's greatest evil to unify against, eventually Karon will crush Tabane's illusion, and show her how to do things without betraying oneself.

Very grand plans...
Old 2011-10-18, 22:14   Link #3405
Eratas123

@ Zero - Posted answer to question above. So what do you think his nationality can be? Oh, he can't be asian, his features are hard to discern but he doesn't have asian features (His mother and siblings do though).

@ Meister - Yet another reason for Irish to hate Tabanes guts I plam to have him give her a shut up hannibal by asking a simple question.

Irish : You talk about sacrifice, but I haven't seen you lose anything yet. If you want to talk about sacrifices just look at the people suffering for everything you've done. What have you lost?
Old 2011-10-18, 22:21   Link #3406
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Posted answer to question above. So what do you think his nationality can be? Oh, he can't be asian, his features are hard to discern but he doesn't have asian features (His mother and siblings do though)
Why yes of course, HE IS FREAKING ACCELERATOR EXPY! On which part Irish lacked Asian Features?

Unless his father is ambiguously Asian (or mixed blood), Irish won't look like Asian girl at all.

EDIT:

So Meister made Tabane sympathetic in this one case huh?
Old 2011-10-18, 22:44   Link #3407
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Why yes of course, HE IS FREAKING ACCELERATOR EXPY! On which part Irish lacked Asian Features?

Unless his father is ambiguously Asian (or mixed blood), Irish won't look like Asian girl at all.

EDIT:

So Meister made Tabane sympathetic in this one case huh?
His father is either French, Irish, or British. His mom is japanese but all he got from her was skin tone and hair color which the skull suit took away by making him near albino level white along with his hair. He has his mother's eye colot though.

Also. Tabane is sympathetic? Here's an answer for that.

Irish: Look in front of you at the monster you helped create.
Old 2011-10-18, 22:52   Link #3408
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I didn't want to spoil, but in this hopeful setting, are distortions. The known unknowns, the unknown unknowns infered to exist due to periodic deviations from the Plan.

These have made the world worse than it should have been. They must be found...
Old 2011-10-18, 22:52   Link #3409
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
His father is either French, Irish, or British. His mom is japanese but all he got from her was skin tone and hair color which the skull suit took away by making him near albino level white along with his hair.

Quote:
Also. Tabane is sympathetic? Here's an answer for that.

Irish: Look in front of you at the monster you helped create.
Tabane: they're not monster, they're my cute children.
Irish: Yeah, no! YOU ARE THE DEMON! AND DEMON ONLY BREEDS HATRED! AND HATRED CREATE A MONSTER LIKE ME!
(and then Tabane herself was a Giant I.S....)

(notice Tabane being Hypocrite in Canon, said that she treat I.S.es like her own children... after killed Gospel for the sake of Houki's debut...)
Old 2011-10-18, 22:57   Link #3410
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Gospel isn't dead, its in ABS mode. The core is intact.

A distortion created Irish. But Tabane's actions have created the distortion as well.

Is she at fault? Is the inventor of the car responsible for all our road accidents?

These will also be explored in my fic. This is why I really wanted to include Irish and the Silverbacks. They are all entry points to seek out distortions in this world, and set up nice dilemmas for the cast to work their way through...
Old 2011-10-18, 22:58   Link #3411
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I didn't want to spoil, but in this hopeful setting, are distortions. The known unknowns, the unknown unknowns infered to exist due to periodic deviations from the Plan.

These have made the world worse than it should have been. They must be found...
I'm guessing Team silverback and Irish count as distortions then? They don't exactly fit the description of her perfect plan.

@ Zero - To be fair, Acclerator has no asian features and people assume he's an American albino based on his looks.

Also, Irish was refferring to himself as a monster, not the IS. He never even once believes he's a good guy and him fighting the IS is just a monster fighting another monster.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:03   Link #3412
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Gospel was cut from I.S. core network, well not so much dead as put into berserk crazy-induced coma.

And due to it's stealth field, radar and infrared is useless. Hence it's hard to locate it except using visual method.

If Gospel wasn't cut from core network it'll be easier to locate and even if Ichika broke it, Gospel will be able to fly again once the repair is finished. Only Tabane has access to Core network manipulation.

You can use a network software, but sometimes only programmers know how to tamper and fix it.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:06   Link #3413
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I did say sacrifices have to be made, hey? Sometimes, its because the plan demands it, and the outcome will be controlled.

Which puts Shooting St@r at a rather precarious situation...

Also, not everything good is because of Tabane as well...

(this was what I meant about subplots by the dozen... And Xanatos Gambits up the wazoo.)
Old 2011-10-18, 23:11   Link #3414
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

I did say sacrifices have to be made, hey? Sometimes, its because the plan demands it, and the outcome will be controlled.

Which puts Shooting St@r at a rather precarious situation...

Also, not everything good is because of Tabane as well...

(this was what I meant about subplots by the dozen...)
Um...I'm guessing Tabane is the "Big Good" in your story then?

Also, to answer your question. The inventor isn't to blame but the fact that she constantly disregards any consequences of her actions and talks about sacrifice while she herslef loses nothing just makes her look like a colossal Hypocrytical bitch.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:14   Link #3415
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

She's the ambiguous genius mastermind. Along the way, she helps and hinders about just as much, and no one really knows what's on her mind. The cast is made to think she's just crazy but otherwise brilliant and good, but as time passes, things begin to grey.

I did plan for her to go "berserk" and turn everyone against her, forcing the planet to unite against her and push the final phase into fruition while she goes down in flames.

But that's where Karon become a distortion in the plan herself!

trollface!Tabane: WAHAHAHAHA!! THIS IS PERFECT!!

Karon: TABANEEE!!!
Old 2011-10-18, 23:16   Link #3416
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Um...I'm guessing Tabane is the "Big Good" in your story then?

Also, to answer your question. The inventor isn't to blame but the fact that she constantly disregards any consequences of her actions and talks about sacrifice while she herslef loses nothing just makes her look like a colossal Hypocrytical bitch.
Well Tabane still too mysterious and her way of thinking is beyond normal comprehension.

I believe Yuzuru's intention of making her like that is to be an exploitable character.. Good, bad, chaotic, orderly, neutral...it's up to the fandom how they can portray her.

You see, Ethernal's version of Tabane is borderline saint, just a little tsundere. My version is... well, hypocritical chaotic neutral mad scientist. And in case of Mesite, I don't know, maybe like Aeorila Schenberg on crack (good intentions, twisted minds, crazy method).
Old 2011-10-18, 23:19   Link #3417
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In my take, she is everything, I'll slowly feed you contradicting images and actions until the reader is as confused as the characters themselves!

I hope I don't go crazy trying to do that. Everything must fall into place or else I'd turn out to be an idiot!
Old 2011-10-18, 23:21   Link #3418
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And here I am being idle with blank mind...

I guess I'll just write more chapters for Reaching For You
Old 2011-10-18, 23:32   Link #3419
Eratas123

@ Zero - In EthernalRains version she at least lost the person she loved and is trying to make up for it. Irish still calls her out on ignoring any mistakes she made and just trying to do different things to make up for it rather than admit to them and experience consequences for them.

@ Meister - There should be a segment where people call her out on her hypocrisy and "A God am I" attitude.

Irish: Theres a line between genius and insanity but you're on a completely different level from that. Congratulations, you have become what monsters aspire to be.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:50   Link #3420
agetreme
Just another Idiot

To be fair, Tabane isn't evil. She is just a little bit self-absorbed. Her motive is simpler than one thought, she is just a inventor who just created something awesome and can't wait to show off her superiority over others. (She is like Sherlock Holmes (original) in that aspect).

She will remains inactive until she could think of ways to show off her superiority (example: Akatsubaki, 4th gen, while people are still working on prototype of 3rd gen).

When OC found or create a technology that rival IS, Tabane is probably trying to improve on her masterpiece, working on something that can overcome that technology.... there is no way she is going to let her ego take a blow (considering that IS is her masterpiece that prove that Tabane is superior to others).....

Edit: New idea: whatever I came up with (that does not involved the Forbidden cores) ....Tabane will reveal a more advanced version of the technology.... later in the story.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest