AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-17, 09:43   Link #5221
Marina2

In my opinion, Tier 1-5 match are the most balance match. I feel that there are too much difference between each tank spec. in Tier 6+ match.

@Newhope Yeah, Drep gun + Gold ammo is very fun to play but It's toally a pain in .... when you fight with other player who use it. I own Panzer 4, but I prefer to use L48 more because it has better reload time, accuracy, aim time and more useful when I'm in tier 6-7 match.

By the way, I bought M22 locust to play for fun. I have to say: I totally LOVE it.

Its speed, its gun, and its MM are great.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-04-17 at 10:03.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 09:46   Link #5222
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I think you noticed by now the beginning tier the T18 is OP, Medium I can be OP if used correctly, H35 is OP, AMX 38 and 40 are OP, Matilda is OP, Alecto can be OP with the 105er, T85 can be an OP tank with the 105er, T40 also can be OP with the 105er or 76er.

much of the lower tiers are squishy, Medium II and III are slow and weaker becus their not really upgrading the gun until matilda. Then cruiser III and IV are good tanks, especially using the 2pdr. the german lines at low tiers are alright, but tend to suck at you go past tier V, prolly cuz the devs are bias or what. the american lines are always average or above average..... just don't get the T49, that thing is the american death trap, if you want to go the turret line, its best to deal with T82 and T40 to get to the better tier V TD, the M10 Wolf, as for frenchies, can't really say much, but at high tiers their all autoloaders, like the TD, the Heavy and Medium, even the arty is an autloloader..... I think russian devs gave the frenchies some kind of fetish for autoloaders, where the muricano line only has one, which you need to suffer the pain of the stuart line. the russian line, well lets just say their bias made them OP some wat giving them big guns through out the lines. but if you bother to do a little bit of research, the biggest gun in the game belongs to the T92, with a whopping 240mm..... I want that, even tho the ROF is about 1 to 2 rounds. I think you'll noticed that the SU 26 will be annoying when you see one, but the arties to worry about at low tiers are the Germans and Americans and Soviets, until you hit the tier V arties, Americanos dominate with pure dmg. Germans dominate with pure accuracy, Soviet is average.

well now that i've given you the break down of what to keep an eye on, up to you which country you wish to enjoy. for me I will always love the US line..... tho I wish they would add the M1 Abrams MBT with reactive armor and deplete Uranium rounds that do 3000 dmg a shot at 500m. but then that would be OP becuz how accurate they made the M1 Abrams now. so much tech, and with a jet engine on it but has a Governor to keep its top speed down to around 40 mph.
Old 2013-04-17, 09:54   Link #5223
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
One of the main reasons I stopped playing was due to Tier 5 been spoilt by gold derp ammo and increasing numbers of Arty.
I noticed it a bit at the weekend when tier V tanks where getting 100% credit boost and could subsequently afford to use gold shells.

That said I play tier V a lot with the likes of the T49 (ITS A GOOD TANK DAMMIT!!) and its not really that bad any other time and if you do face some one lobbing with derp take advantage of their low accuracy and long reload time to either circle strafe them to snipe them from afar.

Or buy a churchill or AT2 and laugh as they bounce off or do little damage.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 09:57   Link #5224
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Just an opinion on stats: Unless you're trying to get into competitive clan wars or tournaments, don't bother. Just "good enough" should be good enough. Don't be like me and obsess over stats so much that it starts to get in the way of enjoying the game. There used to be nights I used to quit in disgust because I had "only" a 75% winrate for that day or week, or logging on for the win, not the fun. It got to the point where I had to take a 6 month break from tanks because for me, it had become a second job to get my winrate higher, not a game I could enjoy anymore.

Not saying you should be the person that drives backwards every match or do things that hurt the team, but the more you worry or obsess over win rate, eventually it comes back to bite you.

EDIT:

>:P
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 10:14   Link #5225
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Just an opinion on stats: Unless you're trying to get into competitive clan wars or tournaments, don't bother. Just "good enough" should be good enough. Don't be like me and obsess over stats so much that it starts to get in the way of enjoying the game. There used to be nights I used to quit in disgust because I had "only" a 75% winrate for that day or week, or logging on for the win, not the fun. It got to the point where I had to take a 6 month break from tanks because for me, it had become a second job to get my winrate higher, not a game I could enjoy anymore.

Not saying you should be the person that drives backwards every match or do things that hurt the team, but the more you worry or obsess over win rate, eventually it comes back to bite you.

EDIT:

>:P
stop making me jealous of your unicum status mow mow, ur making everyone feel bad, me included.

also derp can still kill an AT2 and Churchill, using the right methods, for ATs you don't use Heat at all against them, for Churchill, you need to be rather skilled to a degree to kill one, as well as the KV. If they angled right you may end up bouncing a few derp rounds.
Old 2013-04-17, 10:30   Link #5226
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

We're taking about standard pub matches here with most of those using derp only because they can spam it for easy one hit kills without any real strategy and while you can still kill the churchill and AT2 by derping its almost never a one hit kill.

I'm not saying its not possibly to kill either with derp just that you'll last longer than most.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 10:43   Link #5227
Gravitas Free Zone

Three KV-2 in a platoon is bad because everyone tries to kill you, the ROF can't provide covering fire, and you're slow as hell. One KV-2 and a couple of faster mediums would be good for pubs, though. But not final gun KV-1S, that still has ROF issues.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:00   Link #5228
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I'm an expert now... Mow Mow. check it out: (my expert badges [left to right] Germany, US, China, France, UK, and USSR.])

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Good matches much?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-17, 11:00   Link #5229
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I use the stats to track my improvement. I'm still a "fun is fun" player, but I do want to feel that I'm actually getting better. Plus it's always nicer whenever I look at my service record and see that my units aren't in the red, which is why the 38% on the AMX 13 75 always galls me, as it's there FOREVER...

That said, I had a heck of a bad streak tonight, and was actually seven games down before I pulled back out of the gutter. I'm up one game as a result, though my AT-8 simply couldn't win tonight. Ugh.
Old 2013-04-17, 11:04   Link #5230
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Apparently Japanese tree coming soonish.

Type 61 just around the corner. Vehicle isn't very fast, and armor sub-par if translated in game mechanics, but I am expecting 12 ~ 15 RPM...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:06   Link #5231
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I think you noticed by now the beginning tier the T18 is OP, Medium I can be OP if used correctly, H35 is OP, AMX 38 and 40 are OP, Matilda is OP, Alecto can be OP with the 105er, T85 can be an OP tank with the 105er, T40 also can be OP with the 105er or 76er.
I can't really disagree with the T18 being OP if even I can get 5 kills with it. I got to witness a pretty hilarious moment involving one yesterday though. In what I can only assume was a fit of rage against its usual playstyle, an enemy player yelled in all chat that anyone who doesn't immediately rush the enemy flag is a coward, right before driving his T18 down the center of the wide open map and attempting to ram it into me. Well, either that or there actually is someone worse than me out there.

I'll have to try out some of those other tanks you've mentioned though, I've basically ignored all the nations besides American/German/Soviet up to now. Tried out the British Medium II for a bit but it felt like I was driving a very slow-moving target equipped with a pea-shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
For dealing with lights I'd recommend damaging their tracks (or tracking as people here call it) once you've removed their ability to traverse they wont last long.

Which tank are you using at the minute ?
Trying to use the M2 to eventually get to the Sherman. I feel like once anyone detects me from any distance I am dead so fast I don't even have a chance to try to aim at any specific point. I've been destroyed head-on by so many light tanks by now that it doesn't seem like stopping their movement would even matter. I try to stay in groups but it's a very rare occasion that whoever I'm following doesn't either simply drive off or push forward alone and get themselves killed immediately. No idea how much of this is the fault of the tank and how much is on me but I tend to assume it's mostly the latter.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:20   Link #5232
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Tried out the British Medium II for a bit but it felt like I was driving a very slow-moving target equipped with a pea-shooter.
British mediums are usually undergunned until well into tier 8 (where they get the 20-pounder). They try to make up for the lack of damage with rate of fire, but in many cases you're forced to rely on their superior agility (note, not speed, agility) to outflank many of the tanks of their tier. When you hit the Cromwell and Comet, you gain hill climbing and hull-down capability as well, but only really come into their own with the Centurion.
Old 2013-04-17, 11:21   Link #5233
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

just played 2 games, one is an epic fail where I did 0 dmg, the other is is a carry

Old 2013-04-17, 11:48   Link #5234
Sumeragi
Banned

Game itself was just normal. What I did find amusing was setting a KV-3 on fire with a frontal shot.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:35   Link #5235
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Trying to use the M2 to eventually get to the Sherman. I feel like once anyone detects me from any distance I am dead so fast I don't even have a chance to try to aim at any specific point. I've been destroyed head-on by so many light tanks by now that it doesn't seem like stopping their movement would even matter. I try to stay in groups but it's a very rare occasion that whoever I'm following doesn't either simply drive off or push forward alone and get themselves killed immediately. No idea how much of this is the fault of the tank and how much is on me but I tend to assume it's mostly the latter.
Let advise you how to play M2 Med, first of all the only good gun is the mini derp 75er, load some equipment on it, like vents and rammer and GLD if possible. 2nd you need to get into a good hull down position or heavy cover like in the city, from there you play peek-a-boo or snipe if you can, only use gold when necessary otherwise it will cost you a fortune. 3rd is to find a platoon buddy or 2, since 8.5 will be giving regular players 3 man platoons now, we'll see more 3 man platoons than 2 man platoons.

other than that, watch out for machine gun tanks like the Stuart, and PZ 1 Cs, those tanks are pricks cuz of their insane ROF, making them a noob friendly tank... but the downside is that their also scout tanks so they will see tier Vs or IVs.

Now as you move up to teh Sherman, you may hate or love the M3 Lee, for me I liked it, and I rebought it for a couple reasons, one is Oorarai collection, 2 is that I had fun with it, 3 its the only turretless I'd bother playing, and the only other turretless i'd bother playing would be the StuGIII. You can choose to sell it or keep it, as for me I hooked up the Lee with rammer, vents, and GLD, which give me a rof 2.53 secs per shot and an aim time of 2.3 or so.

Anyways as you advance to the sherman, its best if you use the 105er (derp), but then again if ur not used to it, its best to stick with the last 75er, until you unlock the 76er. But you will have a hard time playing as a normal sherman, since Tier V and VI are gold flingin derp matches. As for me and most of the clan that have tier Vs, usually carry a derp besides the abnormals members..... or rather the ppl that don't like running with derp.

So overall, Tier V and Tier VIII are most likely the main fun to play tiers..... where as in tier VIII you need to be more serious, cuz it will cost a fortune if you lose alot or die within the first 2 or 3 mins of the game.

Also its rare to see any profits in tier 9 or 10, unless you have prem acct and use mainly normal AP or HE rounds. But even then the Maus will still make me lose at least 2 or 3K even if its a win. Although I don't care as long as I am able to collect XP from them. plus Maus is my trophy tank, I think i'll make the E4 a trophy tank and the T30. just cuz the ROF sux..... and its not easy to find a partner good enough to compliment my style of play, which is why I need more Tier X ppl in the clan.... i need a friggin wingman. at least using a tier 9.
Old 2013-04-17, 12:48   Link #5236
Tak

Wait, someone has not kidnapped RWBladewing yet? Whats going on? My fellow agents of MuP's Secret Police?

Anyway, I advise not entering the British Medium line. Their end-game vehicle has a very bad game-mechanics translation. If you are looking for a Medium in general, I suggest:

Batchat, 121 or T-62A for excellence in mix of speed, armor and firepower. I personally like the 121 most from that list. Its basically a T-62A with a gun that makes a point.

ATM, I am gunning for the Leo, but thats because I've learned to use it somewhat effectively. Though its really not a vehicle for everyone. I am also doing it just to spite WG in general.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-04-17 at 13:46.
Old 2013-04-17, 14:14   Link #5237
Pen3

I am getting crazy 200+ ping today so i don't think its possible to play tonight.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 14:31   Link #5238
Tak

Touma is going to get a kick out of this

Courtesy of ToAru generator.

- Tak

Old 2013-04-17, 14:53   Link #5239
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
and its not easy to find a partner good enough to compliment my style of play, which is why I need more Tier X ppl in the clan.... i need a friggin wingman. at least using a tier 9.
As soon as I finish polishing my crew skills on my favorite tanks, I'll probably work on the British tank destroyer line. I have my eyes set on the FV215b 183 as my first tier 10 tank, and it'll surely take months for me for get it.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 14:57   Link #5240
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
As soon as I finish polishing my crew skills on my favorite tanks, I'll probably work on the British tank destroyer line. I have my eyes set on the FV215b 183 as my first tier 10 tank, and it'll surely take months for me for get it.
Hey you, whats your ingame ID again?

- Tak

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks