I figured it out.
Spoiler for size:
Damn you Gendou Hikari!
Old 2012-07-28, 20:16   Link #1902
miketyson

Hah hah nice work there, or perhaps should I say
Spoiler:
. Impressive spotting right there.

ReddyRedWolf: I'd go the other way on your guessing. Something more like the coralian antibodies and knute-class coralians are what's left of the original universe's secrets after the scubs from that universe fused with them, too? Perhaps even a retcon stating that all those LFO archetypes are actually the humanoid forms of the secrets after having been fused with the scubs?

In any case I really love how rich the Eureka Seven universe is, and the ways in which the new series has, so far, made it feel even richer. That's hard to pull off and I hope they keep it up.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-07-28 at 20:29. Reason: Note to ReddyRedWolf
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 00:01   Link #1903
Dark Wing

so while we wait for the conclusion to this cliffhanger anyone have any word on when the new Opening song is getting a release.
Old 2012-07-29, 04:40   Link #1904
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
so while we wait for the conclusion to this cliffhanger anyone have any word on when the new Opening song is getting a release.
According to Gendou...September 5th
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 11:33   Link #1905
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Ok. I still have some days off left for vacation, and right now I'm two weeks of episode behind, which is good right now since the show is taking a hiatus break until August 16th.

The thirteenth episode blow me away with the interactions between the alternate-time Eureka and Ao, and the few but significant answers delivered.

Spoiler:

Gosh, I'm now thrilled than ever with how the episode ended in a cliffhanger note.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 15:01   Link #1906
Dark Wing

Word is E7:AO is being moved to Wednesday nights and will resume on the 8th. Any truth to this?
Old 2012-08-01, 15:10   Link #1907
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

None. It's a lie. There's nothing on the show's twitter.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 15:11   Link #1908
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Word is E7:AO is being moved to Wednesday nights and will resume on the 8th. Any truth to this?
Syoboi still seems to show "broadcast pause" for the next two weeks.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 15:33   Link #1909
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Syoboi still seems to show "broadcast pause" for the next two weeks.
so it was false shouldn't have gotten my hopes up...
Old 2012-08-01, 16:06   Link #1910
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
so it was false shouldn't have gotten my hopes up...
I have known Syoboi to be wrong, but I haven't seen a specific source contradicting them. Where do you see the information you reported?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 23:03   Link #1911
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm keeping up the pace to catch up.

The fourteenth episode dazzled me with the awaited revelation of the Secrets.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 02:54   Link #1912
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Some things:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
It means that the Secrets were not aiming at all against the Scub Coral, but the Nirvash that Ao pilots, but how come the first Nirvash piloted by the alternate-Eureka went bonkers and immediately started fighting Truth?
Because the Nirvash is alive, just like in the previous series. It acted as a distraction because Truth was trying to stop them.

Quote:
To top it all, Naru saw in the future vision that the Scub Coral learned how to time travel to the current universe's era 12,000 years into the past.
This statement alone erases the theory that E7AO's Earth is from another universe; it's the same universe, but in the past.
If that were true, Secrets would have existed in their world. It isn't the same timeline, at least not any more.

Quote:
However, the Eureka that is Ao's Mom gave away two statements:
1. The Secrets are not the enemy.
2. The Scub Coral must be destroyed.
She doesn't say 2. She says it as if it's a bad thing, not that it needs to happen. It would be rather silly to wish the death of her own kind.

Quote:
My speculation goes that the Scub Coral are arriving into the Earth from the E7's past timeline to gain a better comprehension at understanding humanity to ensure a complete communication, and the episode clearly suggests that by communication mean invading and assimilating human beings themselves; Naru, for example, having her body willingly infected by the Scub Coral.
Except Naru's infection was an accident, more or less, and the Scub has never shown that kind of behavior in this timeline. It's rather benign, actually.

Quote:
In E7's timeline the Scub Coral arrived to a dying Earth whether be short or long time after the human race abandoned the planet, but learning that the Earth was becoming again lively and habitable due to the Scub Coral humanity returned to live in the Earth again, however, they were too scared and angry to accept the Coralians, as the first TV series demonstrated.
That's not what happened at all. The Scub, as depicted in this very episode, accidentally shot down a rocket as it passed by, and fell to Earth. It merged with the local life. Then, as shown in E7, assimilated everything in sight. Humanity abandoned the planet because the Scub rendered it uninhabitable (it would have eaten them). Time goes on, the Scub covers the entire planet, then humanity returns. Since the Scub is so massive, it goes dormant, so the two species can co-exist without destroying reality.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:33   Link #1913
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

AO timespace is not the past.
Not only does it not align with E7's backstory, the Secret in EP15 testamented to Scub Coral being completely foreign to that particular timespace.
Why did Naru think and say it is? Hell if I know. Maybe she's confused. Maybe Bones are pulling our leg. Stop pulling our leg, Bones, that's for muscles to do.
Quote:
My speculation goes that the Scub Coral are arriving into the Earth from the E7's past timeline to gain a better comprehension at understanding humanity to ensure a complete communication,
That makes absolutely no sense.
Old 2012-08-02, 13:07   Link #1914
Destined_Fate

Well there's the alternate time stream theory. The Scrubs arrived earlier than Ao begins and the secrets are created as a result. In the E7 timeline the secrets never exist but because of time travel they're created which creates a vastly different past thus a new timeline that Eureka is able to travel to. It isn't the past of her own E7 world but an alternate one.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:16   Link #1915
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well there's the alternate time stream theory. The Scrubs arrived earlier than Ao begins and the secrets are created as a result. In the E7 timeline the secrets never exist but because of time travel they're created which creates a vastly different past thus a new timeline that Eureka is able to travel to. It isn't the past of her own E7 world but an alternate one.
That's possible but i guess it depends on how it goes from here. These events could just be a piece of history that humanity forgot after they abandoned earth more in favor of remembering the invasion that actually drove them away. They were away from Earth a LONG time before returning. It's entirely logical that certain pieces of history would've been lost.

The secret are also supposedly there to fix the timeline or something like that. After the invasion is over, perhaps they performed a massive mind wipe of the events to keep the time loop stable since both it and the scub corals weren't supposed to be there.
Old 2012-08-02, 13:16   Link #1916
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

And you base that on what exactly?
You all talk like Scub Coral has ability to voluntarily traverse time and space.

Which isn't true. If they had, Questions Limit would have never been a problem.
Old 2012-08-02, 13:43   Link #1917
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
And you base that on what exactly?
You all talk like Scub Coral has ability to voluntarily traverse time and space.

Which isn't true. If they had, Questions Limit would have never been a problem.
The Question of Limits warps time and space since there is so much sentient life in one place. The Scub Coral found another universe to explore and try again to coexist with humanity.

May I remind that Norb violates the law of physics with his compact drive.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:54   Link #1918
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
The Scub Coral found another universe to explore and try again to coexist with humanity.
No. They did not. This is a gross misinterpretation of Nirvash's words in EP50.
The show is to blame really for being so vague about it.
But the "another world" Nirvash was referring to is Scub Coral's mental space (which they showed on an occasion) and not a different physical world. That's the only way it makes sense. That's the so-called "different path of evolution".
They never even said that this "another space" was just like our own.
Otherwise Scub Coral being able to magically fly away to another location creates a massive plothole.

I advise you to read the book called Blood Music by a writer called Greg Bear.
That's what practically the entire concept of Scub Coral was based on.

Really should've been more careful with that ending, huh.
Old 2012-08-02, 14:34   Link #1919
ReddyRedWolf

ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 14:35   Link #1920
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Yeah? I know? I've seen that scene five or six times.
You're not interpreting it right.
The way you're interpreting it creates plotholes.

People have been applying that explanation to the movie before and... with the movie it makes a little bit more sense (but not really).

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen