AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 11:20   Link #161
ookamigirl

Gareki got lucky again.
That guy needs as much saving as Nai does ^^"
At least Nai is starting to remember stuff about Karoku.
Founding out more about Gareki's background was nice.
The whole village was oozing weirdness...
Things sure are getting interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 20:44   Link #162
sergel02

I'm really liking Nai and Yogi more and more. Gareki too, but I liked him since I first saw him.

I kind of want to know more about Yogi, like his history and how he got started. I'm guessing maybe he was an orphan taken in by them.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 22:49   Link #163
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Flightless Wings

It feels like a weight to me that Gareki, at this stage, remains distant with Nai. However, I do praise this episode for properly building his backstory with Tsubaki; they took time and care to flesh out thoroughly Garekis' memories since were introduced in the second episode.
Moreover, I don't have doubts that it was likely Kafka's doing the testing on the twins with the drugs that Tsubaki always got from her killer.
Spoiler:

A little bit about Kafka is disclosed, as well.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 08:28   Link #164
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
It feels like a weight to me that Gareki, at this stage, remains distant with Nai.
It's not so much that Gareki is distant from Nai but that's more or less Gareki's personality. He's like a classic, don't show emotion type (the exact opposite of Yogi)

Anyways I think it should be clear how Gareki feels about Nai when he says "when I am with Nai, I only see beautiful things" (paraphrasing) even if Gareki himself doesn't realize the full extent of this.

The irony of how Gareki acts compared to Yogi is Gareki is probably more of the "kid" in the group. Acting "cool" is not necessarily a sign of maturity.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:33   Link #165
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

The irony of how Gareki acts compared to Yogi is Gareki is probably more of the "kid" in the group. Acting "cool" is not necessarily a sign of maturity.
Indeed. Gareki trying so damn hard to be a "grown-up" only serves to make him look like a kid even more.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 01:42   Link #166
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am surprised with the pace they are rushing things, they saved the Coward for the next episode.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 03:11   Link #167
ginger02

I think Nai appreciates both Yogi and Nai, but he's having a hard time showing it. His life hasn't had the luxury of freely expressing his emotions. You could say it led him to be more withdrawn, and Nai is now allowing him to open up. I never thought of that while reading the manga, but that possibility now occurred to me.

Interested to see what happens in the next episode with Yotaka.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 15:20   Link #168
ookamigirl

So Gareki's history is coming to haunt him.
It's not right what has been done to Gareki's friends.
All the senseless killings just to serve someones agenda.
I was glad Gareki came to his senses and maned up.
Pretty dark episode this time.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-05-09, 23:48   Link #169
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Lesson of the day: Being a tsundere is bad.

Last edited by shmaster; 2013-05-13 at 02:22.
Old 2013-05-10, 13:58   Link #170
ookamigirl

Some new characters emerged.
Interesting new info about the circus was revealed.
Their purpose seems more clear now, even though they don't give me the good guys vibe.
Plot was kinda slow this time, more about reveling new info.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-05-10, 23:23   Link #171
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Clown's Prescription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
It's not so much that Gareki is distant from Nai but that's more or less Gareki's personality. He's like a classic, don't show emotion type (the exact opposite of Yogi)

Anyways I think it should be clear how Gareki feels about Nai when he says "when I am with Nai, I only see beautiful things" (paraphrasing) even if Gareki himself doesn't realize the full extent of this.

Thank you, very much. With this and the answers I got from watching the fifth episode now it is clear to me Gareki's personality.

Being turned into an orphan, shipped to a faraway country, and then add up the sweet lady that took care for him gets killed, that's amount beyond for him to have become a recluse and withdrawn.

When Nai answered back to Tsubame that Gareki only wishes her to be sound and safe, she was surprised because she had the impression that she was in Gareki's path. However, the truth is otherwise. It is just that Gareki never had open emotions to properly express himself, but he became troubled after Tsubaki's death.

I got it right as well that this episode's Vargas turned out to be the dealer Tsubaki met up with and sold her the drugs to test on the kids.

It really pained me when Yotaka was put under so much pain with the transformation and crying in despair for Gareki to kill him so as not to kill anybody else resuming with his twin, Tsubame.

Kafka can be quite nefarious and nasty, but who can vouch that Circus are not wolves dressed in sheep's clothing either?

I mean I do not want to make high expectations about what Hirato did to Yotaka at the end of the episode.
He eliminated a threat that was at the verge of almost becoming a full-fledged Vargas, and yet when Yotaka realized what was happening to him afterwards he felt a sort of sense of liberation as he was dissolving into the light. Nevertheless, his death became a sudden shock for both Tsubame and Gareki, even if Yotaka was spared the fate of becoming a monster.
Old 2013-05-13, 01:55   Link #172
ginger02

Gosh i need to catch up on the last 2 episodes. Finals and all though.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 23:20   Link #173
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Agari: "Jouseiha ma... tashinami teido"

They actually adapted that scene, I did not expect this...
Old 2013-05-17, 02:14   Link #174
ookamigirl

Karneval time!
It was nice watching them have some fun.
Especially after the events of the previous episodes.
The malfunctioning rabbit caused some unexpected problems.
Guess there's always that one thing that ruins everything.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-05-18, 18:51   Link #175
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sunshine Wings

After the fifth episode explained thoroughly Gareki's past, now I have better understanding of his character and deep appreciation.

His distance is both a way of him unable to properly express his feelings and not implicating his beloved in his business. Tsubame deduced from what Yotaka told her about Gareki doing "bad" stuff, because the latter was secretly earning money to pay the hospital fees for her grandpa's rehabilitation.

I'm romantic here to say that Tsubame found her milestone moment once realizing that Gareki never left them after all, and truly cared for them. I knew that Tsubame would join Circus as a scientific experiment for them, so that she can be dissected to enable the organization how to understand and deal with the Varga.

Still, I'm not getting any sorts of high expectations towards Circus. One thing I've learned from anime is that any sort of organization which seemingly deals with agents of corruption or evil not neccesarily means that fights for justice. There's such things involved like politics, sponsorship, and other adult things that if one is able to dig some levels down, then they'll find out that Organization is not as saintly as it looked like from the outside.

Lastly, I have a feeling that Hirato might have walked and treaded on a similar path like Gareki, and he may understand how the latter feels. It's curious to note that he and Akari do no get along with each other, so something must have happened amongst those two in the past.
Old 2013-05-19, 23:32   Link #176
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sigh of the Mermaid and the "Three Caballeros"

Apologies for the double post.

On Topic
This episode was a relaxa to let our characters, specially Gareki, rest from the whole ordeal from the previous two episodes.

Does Circus performs community service? I'm quite intrigued that Circus's agents actually do fun things for the public like doing theater performances, carnival parades, and the likes of that.
Or is it all of that is just a front for the public display, in order for them to keep a low profile and operating within towns so as to conduct their investigations stealthily and smoothly?

I think it looks to me that's also sort of volunteer work for them in order to let go off stress between missions.

But, for this episode Nai wanted to enjoy as much fun as possible, and have Gareki to have fun as well in order to recover from the incident with Yotaka.

Now, what I very much liked for the closure with this episode is that they're moving forward onto the next mission, and they left hanging quite ambiguously the setting.
There's two new, unidentified characters to make their debut for next week's episode.

Last edited by Guido; 2013-05-20 at 02:52.
Old 2013-05-20, 00:40   Link #177
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Does Circus performs community service? I'm quite intrigued that Circus's agents actually do fun things for the public like doing theater performances, carnival parades, and the likes of that.
Or is it all of that is just a front for the public display, in order for them to keep a low profile and operating within towns so as to conduct their investigations stealthily and smoothly?
It is both, really.
This government is oddly both laid back yet competent.
Old 2013-05-20, 09:42   Link #178
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I like this show, but I still can't look at Nai without thinking, "LOL he's a pokemon!'
Old 2013-05-21, 19:58   Link #179
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So how long is this supposed to run? Because if it's 12-13, then there's not a lot of episodes left to cover whatever the big conspiracy is about Karoku/Gareki's past/Whomever makes those weird creatures left....

sorry for the double post....
Old 2013-05-22, 19:35   Link #180
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
So how long is this supposed to run? Because if it's 12-13, then there's not a lot of episodes left to cover whatever the big conspiracy is about Karoku/Gareki's past/Whomever makes those weird creatures left....

sorry for the double post....
That's the problem, unless its actually split cour like Hakkenden...

Episode 8
Spoiler:
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote