AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-02-20, 15:22   Link #121
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Spoiler for chapter 31:

Looks like Tsukune is one step closer to breaking his seal, and turning back into a ghoul.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 17:03   Link #122
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Spoiler for chapter 31:

Looks like Tsukune is one step closer to breaking his seal, and turning back into a ghoul.
Never happen the fact there's a season 2 manga proves that lol. I've never bought him becoming a ghoul anyway, to much other stuff going on around the edges for him to become a ghoul
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 19:39   Link #123
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

They bring in the cliched emo stage and words of weakness blabber but then move right along to the lead stepping it up! yay no beating around the bush here!

can't wait to see Tsukine deliver a few People's Elbow around!
Old 2008-02-20, 20:14   Link #124
X207
Gamyūsa

ch31
Spoiler:
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 22:11   Link #125
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Spoiler for CH 31:
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 22:23   Link #126
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
Spoiler for CH 31:
then i place my hope for se2.
Old 2008-02-20, 23:47   Link #127
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Gee, it's getting dramatic. Evaluated as a stand-alone chapter, it's a pretty good one: more plot, more action, a devious trick by the villain, and the hero acts up once again.

In the overall scale of things though, this is pretty ridiculously trite: crazy weird school, teenagers with godlike powers and grand ambitions (what happens with the adult monsters?), harem girls getting beat up and spouting dramatic lines about friendship and cooperation...

Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 04:06   Link #128
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Outer Moka vs Inner Moka - Which is the REAL Moka?

It's too bad we can't have more threads for this so I have to use a post title.

Outer Moka - Very friendly, cheerful, easily excitable and playful. Also very smart knowledge-wise. Doesn't hold grudges (her big one against humans has all but disappeared by this point) and is very protective of Tsukune. Has even made friends with her 'rivals' on her own merits and has come quite a ways from how she was in the beginning.

Inner Moka - Nearly the opposite in terms of being friendly and cheerful. Comes off as haughty, cold, and cruel toward her opponents, she finishes many a fight with a condensending 'Know Your Place!" However she has developed a soft spot for Tsukune and is extremely protective of him, to the point where she even gave him some of her blood to save his life. She keeps up that she's only interested in Tsukune as a mealticket.

Over the course of time, we've seen Inner Moka and Outer Moka converse with each other, suggesting fully aware yet separate personalities. And at times, Inner Moka has let on that Outer Moka is completely different from herself, both in personality and demeanor.

My take on it? Inner and Outer are both real - it's the vampriric blood that is causing the difference in her. With the violent, war-like blood sealed and repressed, Moka is nearly human in all respects except that she still has her fangs, can still drink blood, has a injury-resistant body, and has increased strength. When the blood is released, all the lighter, cheerful aspects of her personality are replaced by the cold mindset of a prideful vampiric warrior. She does not pull her punches (and kicks) and is willing to kill if need be. She seems to enjoy fighting a lot but killing is another matter and will only do so in extreme circumstances.
Old 2008-02-21, 06:36   Link #129
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Actually this sort of getts answered in the last few volumes of season 1

Personally though, they're both the same personality, just different sides of it. Without the rosary moka is a full blown vamp with all of benefits and downsides. When she wears the locket part of her conciousness is sealed, which led to a new type of personality.

It's not the first time we've seen this type of thing, Mahoraba Heartful Days used a similar premis aswell.
Old 2008-02-21, 11:52   Link #130
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for Chapter 31:
Old 2008-02-22, 09:24   Link #131
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think Tsukune is particularly GAR.

He's just a typical harem bum given powers so there'd be a reversal of the role reversal. Obviously, having him protected by a strong female wasn't very manly, so they had to take away the girl's strength to give it to him. -_-
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 10:42   Link #132
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

If you think Moka has lost her power your nuts.

It's been proven several times that the vamp Moka can easily beat Tsukune to a pulp. The first was when he first changes and is at the peak of being a ghoul. She's weakened by giving him blood, and from having water sprayed on her. She easily beats him up, almost kills him. It's only cause whatshername and the exocist arive and drag her off that he was still alive.

Have to remember that in this universe vamps are the ultimate monsters (aparently)

Even normal moka cold beat him to a pulp.

Yes he had to get powers, but that was so he could stay in the school, since that medusa teacher started spreading he was a human. At that point there was only two options, have become a monster, or kill him
Old 2008-02-22, 10:58   Link #133
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't really remember that scene.

I'm talking about the typical situations.
At first it was "They get in trouble with a monster, he releases Moka, she kicks the monster's ass".

Then it became "They get in trouble, Moka is useless, Tsukune's ghoul power saves the day."
Old 2008-02-22, 16:16   Link #134
X207
Gamyūsa

just because he has some vampire blood in him it doesnt mean that he'll be equal to a s class vampire. his blood for the most part is still human + x% vampire.
Old 2008-02-22, 16:39   Link #135
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not saying he's stronger than Inner Moka. I'm just complaining they nerfed her so he could shine with his borrowed strength.
Old 2008-02-22, 17:30   Link #136
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not saying he's stronger than Inner Moka. I'm just complaining they nerfed her so he could shine with his borrowed strength.
She hasn't been nerfed, far from it. You have to remember that Tsukune is the hero of the story, not Moka. Moka is the love interest. Tsukune is the guy who has to put things right, he's also the guy that was recuited by the dean to sort out the antithesis problem, so yes the focus is going to be more on him, because it's his job.

Moka HAD to save him previously, because he couldn't do anything. But now he's able to stand on his own, if only briefly. And lets face it, Moka has proven she's still bad ass when she beat the snot out of max ghoul Tsukune, almost killed him, while she was still really weakened.
Old 2008-02-22, 18:37   Link #137
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm telling ya, these two (Moka+Tsukune) could rule the school. Heck, they have an entirely new Student Council already assembled if you count all the Harem + Gin.

Everyone would know that Moka's the real power player between them, but if you don't do what Tsukune says, she'll whup ya. XD But that would be interesting for about...a week or two.

Spoiler for and just to be on the safe side - speculation on Tsukune plot:
Old 2008-02-22, 19:10   Link #138
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Spoiler for Thoughts on Tsukune:

Just speculation.
Old 2008-02-27, 02:31   Link #139
Westlo
Lets be reality

The manga is pretty tight, shame about the anime adaption. I imagine they could've made a very nice 24/26 episodes tv series from the first 10 volumes if they wanted too... pity Gonzo mutilated it as well as giving it to what looks like a B/C team of theirs.

The Chapter 23 beatdown of Tsukune by Inner Moka was awesome, really came across as brutal yet sad at the same time with the monologue by Inner Moka as she was demolishing ghoul Tsukune.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-02-27 at 03:46. Reason: Chapter 23 not 24...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 08:29   Link #140
usspaul

just a question i heard somewhere that moka supposbly has a sister is this true for those who seen the second season to the manga ?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire