AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-16, 12:57   Link #6381
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

However, the World War had also shown that decimating a military base or two, is no issue for Mikoto. If you want to see her fight at full power, the only way is to pit her against non-human enemies.

And it's not only Touma, even Kuroko and her other friends are protective of Mikoto for whatever reasons, as shown in the recent Railgun OVA and the current Index2 arc. Until she breaks out of this shell, Railgun's story will always be limited, which is why I suspect Accelerator was chosen instead to be the Hero for the Science side while Mikoto and Kuroko gets a side story.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:05   Link #6382
Shadow5YA

That is true; she was on the verge of suicide when trying to deal with the Experiment. She just can't handle the inhumanity. Accelerator, on the other hand, is already psychotic, and Touma's simple sense of moral justice is too strong for him to be affected.

That may also explain why Touma also tends to leave Index out of the loop too. At best, it seems like Index is the housewife of magic while Mikoto is Touma's housewife of science.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:09   Link #6383
tsunade666

Well Mikoto is such an innocent and kind girl so what's not to protect? I understand her friends specially kuroko for wanting to protect her.

Aside from That I got to agree that the promise between bro's Touma and Etzali traps her from the dark side and if's the magic side. Touma would handle it.

Plus Accelerator also is doing his job to not drag the people outside the darkness into the darkness. I bet if Accelerator knew someone from the dark side tried to attack the original he would also protect her.

She's love by many and protected by many. As long as that's the setting. Mikoto can go over hax level against "normal" people and would probably never touch the realm of the divine and hax level.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:10   Link #6384
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
However, the World War had also shown that decimating a military base or two, is no issue for Mikoto. If you want to see her fight at full power, the only way is to pit her against non-human enemies.
A war with Archangels, every notable European Magic Faction, more Misaka clones, etc and all she got to do was wipe out military bases?

She didn't even learn anything note-worthy there, I recall. Other than Touma dying for a while, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And it's not only Touma, even Kuroko and her other friends are protective of Mikoto for whatever reasons, as shown in the recent Railgun OVA and the current Index2 arc. Until she breaks out of this shell, Railgun's story will always be limited, which is why I suspect Accelerator was chosen instead to be the Hero for the Science side while Mikoto and Kuroko gets a side story.
I'd like to see Mikoto being a little more aggressive on that stance. E.g. Finding Etzali and forcing him to confess (almost) everything. Or some detective shenigans of her retracing back Touma's footsteps and learning more.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:13   Link #6385
tsunade666

The thing she did in russia... let's see. She meet her imouto. Tried to chase Touma and while doing it prevents a russian base from launching a nuclear missile. That's pretty big. For a normal person to do.

Heck Shiage fought against an equ dark matter soldiers and event met up with the superman Aqua. But Mikoto haven't seen any magic yet.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:20   Link #6386
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The thing she did in russia... let's see. She meet her imouto. Tried to chase Touma and while doing it prevents a russian base from launching a nuclear missile. That's pretty big. For a normal person to do.
Big, but not important. Not that important in the long-stretch anyway.

Quote:
Heck Shiage fought against an equ dark matter soldiers and event met up with the superman Aqua. But Mikoto haven't seen any magic yet.
Shiage making friends with Superman, learning more about Academy City's Dark Side and truth, actively trying to deal with what Crowley's throwing at him, regrouping what's left of ITEM, etc are all more pivotal than anything Misaka did, even if what Misaka did was cooler.

These kinds of things matter, because Index's story moves on accumulation of small details and events that slowly lead up to a larger epiphany for the characters.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:37   Link #6387
Miraluka
Banned

She didn't even asked about how are doing her Sisters, maybe the clones won't tell her anything if they can rely on Touma and Accelerator.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:45   Link #6388
tsunade666

Misaka only appear at the change between lines in vol 22. She only appear once in the part 4 I think in the last chapter of vol 22. And also she did get the last lines too in the silent to small fire. She did lots of things

and people still like her more than pendex which had 6 variable red wings on the same level as angel wings and can also summon legendary weapons of war.
Old 2010-11-16, 14:07   Link #6389
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Technically everyone saw the golden sky and the 40km flying lump of Christian relics that is the Star of Bethlehem...

Quote:
and people still like her more than pendex which had 6 variable red wings on the same level as angel wings and can also summon legendary weapons of war

tch....Pendex is boring.....give me Kazakiri or Lessar any day...
Old 2010-11-16, 15:29   Link #6390
tsunade666

Lessar is MINE!

Yeah everyone could see a 40 kilometer in radius and make it around 80 kilometer in diameter with a 10 000 meter height. It's a freaking island floating in the sky.

But even so. It's not like that could reveal something like a bit of the "truth" to Misaka.

Pendex might be boring because she's to much hax. I also like fuze more than an emotionless killing machine. But pendex is still overkill but the more surprising is Styl. He burned out his life to summon 3 Innocentius.
Old 2010-11-16, 15:39   Link #6391
Miraluka
Banned

Fu*k off, Lessar is mine!

Everyone saw the golden sky but this doesn't means everyone will understand, only Accelerator did it after dechipering the parchment.

Currently Index is like Kazakiri with Angel virus, is hax but to be awesome first needs err... being free from any control which made her a robot coughLauracough.

Since the Dawn-coloured Sunlight has been introduced in the story, this will mean Bardway will have more screentime? Hell yes, please!

Still needs to know about Kanzaki, Itsuwa and Lessar.... which keeps me wondering what did Touma to Lessar in the vol. 20 when pulled her to a sidealley for about 15 minutes? The narrative says its nothing serious but, that is a question of interpretations :S
Old 2010-11-16, 15:50   Link #6392
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Currently Index is like Kazakiri with Angel virus, is hax but to be awesome first needs err... being free from any control which made her a robot coughLauracough.
What Index needs is a more independent role and to mature a bit.
Old 2010-11-16, 15:58   Link #6393
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
What Index needs is a more independent role and to mature a bit.
Eh.....

Touma is dead/MIA which will leave a huge impact on her also so she won't be overprotected anymore without Touma around and Laura can have her way. Styil and Kaori can be handled as she did until now.
Old 2010-11-16, 16:11   Link #6394
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Eh.....

Touma is dead/MIA which will leave a huge impact on her also so she won't be overprotected anymore without Touma around and Laura can have her way. Styil and Kaori can be handled as she did until now.
They're just going to wish him back with the Dragon Balls.....
Old 2010-11-16, 16:49   Link #6395
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

k so someone PM'd me this which interested me. "
Quote:
You have read the light novel, so now i recall you something.Remember before he lost his memory, he say i will destroy god imagine about the world.It suppost he don't know his power is to kill imagination.Someone post on net about during he asleep he dream about the fallen angel lucifer and get into kamijo touma memory.What i think is are kamijo is lucifer in last moment of his life.

About this outfit is black coat and orange color t-shirt:

When the sky cover by dark-night,
A source of light begin to rise,
Piercing the dark and shine to land of man,
The light that begin the day.

This symbol of morning star, a frame of Lucifer.
However lucifer has name as saten too, the one bring mankind sorrow and dispair

You can check on holy bible about the genesis for more information.
Old 2010-11-16, 18:37   Link #6396
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Eh.....

Yeah, she NEEDS to mature a LOT! I wish I could slap her if I were in the TAMNI-verse! What is her character's trait that makes everyone in the series so fond of her!? In reality, she's damn annoying that no one would want to associate with!
Old 2010-11-16, 19:04   Link #6397
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
Yeah, she NEEDS to mature a LOT! I wish I could slap her if I were in the TAMNI-verse! What is her character's trait that makes everyone in the series so fond of her!? In reality, she's damn annoying that no one would want to associate with!
lol nice and I applaud you. She is a pretty terrible character which is why i think its so easy to like the other girls who appear in the series over her. I certainly dont miss her when shes not in the story, and typically enjoy it more. The only time i enjoyed index was in the Angel fall arc when touma was abusing her cus she was in that male body.
Old 2010-11-16, 19:05   Link #6398
yuiichi9

I hope someone use index as a shield and she gets hurts. She has to pay for the bad things she has done like bite touma and complain many times. Someone has to send her a place where they take care of kids. If someone kills her they would make touma a favor. If she didn't have all the info she have because of the books she would be useless.
Old 2010-11-16, 20:18   Link #6399
Miraluka
Banned

Oh my, it seems I've managed to gather Index's haters here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Though your opinion is 99% based on your tastes I'm replying you:

Quoting chronic hero Touma:
Quote:
I don't know a reason to save/protect
Looking it from other perspective the people who cares of her do this because they think she can't do by herself when in disguise she showed she can do very well on her own. Examples: vol. 7, 11, 13 and 18.
In the other hand, isn't Mikoto who can do by herself still is overprotected by her friends and acts spoiled as a direct consequence?

Most of this is Touma's fault, for example, the whole Daihaisei story took so long is because Touma's overprotective behavior of keeping Index away of the main problem will "keep her safe" just asking 2 or 3 questions would have finished the problem and probably nobody would get hurt.
IMO, if Touma would have asked Index in the begining instead Lying (again) Himegami, Fukiyose, Stiyl and Touma himself never would have been injured that bad.

One of the few things Fiamma done it right was accusing Touma for protecting Index solely for his own selfish self-satisfaction and hubris thinking he’s doing all this for Index’s sake, an undeniable truth because until now he played the role of the "hero" to feel he is righteous in front of her when in disguise he just is afraid that Index will leave him .

Oh, and just to remind one of the rules of this forum:
Quote:
No campaigning!
No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
Old 2010-11-16, 20:25   Link #6400
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
... which keeps me wondering what did Touma to Lessar in the vol. 20 when pulled her to a sidealley for about 15 minutes? The narrative says its nothing serious but, that is a question of interpretations :S
The narrative I have stated Touma just went and lectured her on how to behave properly as a girl for 15 mins in the side alley... and I think I'm guilty for making it seem otherwise on OM forums way back when Vol20 came out for laughs ^^;
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen