AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-03-13, 10:45   Link #421
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It doesn't make sense for it to be an "a", we have a confirmation that the word is "quadrillion" in EP4 and even more so in the anime.

It's kinda sad, but I guess this proves that this manga adaption isn't really supervised by Ryukishi. If they can make such a mistake, you can really rely on other differences to be important "hints" rather than other mistakes.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 11:23   Link #422
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It doesn't make sense for it to be an "a", we have a confirmation that the word is "quadrillion" in EP4 and even more so in the anime.

It's kinda sad, but I guess this proves that this manga adaption isn't really supervised by Ryukishi. If they can make such a mistake, you can really rely on other differences to be important "hints" rather than other mistakes.
I don't think he supervises it, but rather tells the mangaka what should be put in for sure. EP 1's adaptation is pretty much right on the mark as far as following the VN, as is EP 4's. So this is probably the fault of the mangaka.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 11:28   Link #423
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

I've been reading the EP2 raws for a while, and I've noticed a few other oddities that are strangely different from the VN, but never put much thought into it (for example, in chapter 12, after Maria and Rosa meet Beato in the garden, Beato tells Maria to return to the mansion...in the VN, it was the Guesthouse), but yeah, this change is definitely a lot more significant and...bizarre. I'm wondering if it was just a mistake on part of the artist not knowing English that well, and confusing a 'q' for an 'a' after all? I hope WTDND makes a footnote when they get to translating this chapter, that it's supposed to be m.b.t.q...

Beyond that, I've felt that the EP2 Manga has been incredibly faithful to the VN, word for word in some parts, so this must have just been an accidental oversight on part of the artist.

Last edited by KanonTheFurniture; 2010-03-13 at 11:56.
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 06:51   Link #424
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Did "m, b, t, a" occur in the tankoubon version, or just the original magazine?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 14:11   Link #425
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

It's one of the newest chapters, so I'm guessing it hasn't been compiled into a tankoubon yet, but I could be wrong. The scans on MangaHelpers looks to be from the magazine for sure, though. Maybe Ryukishi will notice and it'll be corrected before a volume comes out?
Old 2010-03-23, 20:29   Link #426
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Episode 2 chapter 11
Episode 2 chapter 12
Episode 4 chapter 6

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:02   Link #427
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

I noticed something else odd about the RAWs on MangaHelpers. In chapter 18, the newest one out...it seems that there are some pages missing. I see no introduction to the red text...it goes from the title page, which definitely has the chapter titled as chapter 18, 'a new rule', and Battler being pissed off about another closed room...cue a few pages later where he's telling Beato to prove him wrong about the key in the envelope.

I'm comparing it side by side to the VN as I type this, and there's got to be something missing. When he says 'turn of the golden witch' is already after the red has been introduced and played with a little...why in the world would none of that be in there?! It can't be right that the Manga outright skipped such an absolutely vital explanation, especially since Beato starts speaking in red a few pages later...so I'm really confused.

Furthermore, it looks like this chapter 18 is two chapters in one, or just a really long double feature of some sort, since page 37 has a note from the magazine 'continued on page 131' for what feels like a two-parter...but then that second half looks like it got cut off during the scanning, since the last page is the scanner title card, but the page before it is definitely not the end of that chapter. I think the scanning of this chapter got really screwed up...does anyone know where another copy might be or how to contact the scanner?

Edit: Upon closer examination...maybe the pages are out of order, and those pages at the end are the ones that are missing from the beginning? But...the transition on this page makes things very, very confusing...but then they go back to discussing the chapel on page 57...someone with better Japanese skills than me, can you make sense of this at all? @_X;

Last edited by KanonTheFurniture; 2010-03-28 at 13:21.
Old 2010-03-31, 22:33   Link #428
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

The next chapter of Episode Four is out. It covers up to Mammon winning the janken tournament and talking with Ange a bit.
http://www.square-enix.com/jp/magazi...eco/index.html
Old 2010-04-02, 16:37   Link #429
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
I noticed something else odd about the RAWs on MangaHelpers. In chapter 18.................
I ended up figuring it out. No pages missing, just all horribly out of order. I went through and organized them properly. Here is a .rar with the chapter(s; what MangaHelpers has listed as chapter 18 is actually 18 and 19, though both were serialized in the same issue and seem to intentionally be like a two-parter) because I don't know how to upload files on MangaHelpers. I know it'll be a while yet, but WTDND might also appreciate the chapter in the proper order without having to reorganize it themselves ^^;
Old 2010-04-06, 01:03   Link #430
D3monicWolv3s

Just curious whats the status of the tea party chapter for episode 1?
So is hidden tea party not scanned still? or does it not exist?

Thanks.
Old 2010-04-06, 08:18   Link #431
~Ayane~

uuu!!~~ it exists

i got it ;O
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 15:54   Link #432
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3monicWolv3s View Post
Just curious whats the status of the tea party chapter for episode 1?
So is hidden tea party not scanned still? or does it not exist?

Thanks.
The tea party...umm, almost 540%
the hidden tp exists, but no one scanned it...

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:05   Link #433
~Ayane~

Quote:
almost 540%
woah thats a lot o_O
Old 2010-04-06, 21:46   Link #434
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Are there still only 4 chapters out for EP3? Or are they just not scanned yet? It's such a small number in comparison even to EP4, which seems to be coming along steadily. What magazine is EP3 serialized in?
Old 2010-04-06, 21:56   Link #435
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Are there still only 4 chapters out for EP3? Or are they just not scanned yet? It's such a small number in comparison even to EP4, which seems to be coming along steadily. What magazine is EP3 serialized in?
EP 3 is published in GanGan Joker.
Old 2010-04-07, 00:36   Link #436
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
The last one I read from EP3 was chapter 5, and it ends with teenager Rosa meeting Beatrice at the secret mansion Kuwadorian (at the end says, next chapter: march 20th)

And EP4 chapter 07 is translated already.
Old 2010-04-07, 13:22   Link #437
~Ayane~

Quote:
well, there's 6 chapters of Ep3 and 7 chapters for Ep4 at the moment so there's not much difference i guess
Old 2010-04-07, 14:15   Link #438
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Someone on the livejournal community scanned and uploaded the RAW of the Ura Tea Party, and I didn't see anyone post it here so.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m3nmkujmyxz

Credit goes to aiwatan of LJ.
Old 2010-04-07, 14:25   Link #439
Marion
The Great Dine

oh wow, the first page. Now that explains it.
Old 2010-04-07, 15:14   Link #440
D3monicWolv3s

Thanks for answering, and hidden tea party has appeared. : D

Tags
seinen, shounen