Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-12-08, 09:40   Link #541
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
Ah thanks. But you have to hold X.
And the nuker isnt that good. Really slow and easy to avoid.
I have it on PS2, and its fun.
So many different modes.
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 11:48   Link #542
Siege

Plus i figured out plus mode just about anyway it fainally unlocked force impulse for use

i agree with the guy who likes the original freedom completed the arcade mode with it with 5 faith badges and over 400000 points

currently using SF for route B will update once it's done and has anyone other that me used the destroy on a family member or freind yet the look of awe on there face when they see it has over 1500HP i got called a cheat cause i kept using it
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 18:09   Link #543
Empire
Independent MS pilot

hmm... I like SF. And I don't see the reason why people say it isn't good. Especially in comparision to oryginal Freedom, which didn't had Dragoons and it's beam spam was useless because of it made it stand still for far too long, which is not a problem for SF.
We've just discovered with my friend, that combination Shiranui Akatsuki and Nuclear Windam is scaryyy :P And very good for walking through arcade routes. SA player just have to remember to constantly shield Windam because of it's low HP.
Things get even scarier when Windam player activates Rush SEED mode... nuke here, nuke there, run for you life everybody XD
Gouf is... not that good i thought it would be. It is in same cost class as impulses which are damn good this time, but is a lot weaker.
Strike Noir is great, but only on low and medium cost MS. It has too low firepower to fight top class MS.
Darn, they improved Providence's Dragoon launching time, it's even more deadly ms than before :P
Infinite Justice is... poor at best. Tough I'm yet to compare it to Justice, I think that the older one will be better.
They've nerfed Saviour... they really, really did... I really liked that suit in previous game...
Chaos is... evil. Purely evil. Probably the best suit in 450 points class. It easily beats even some top suits (I Justice especially).
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 18:21   Link #544
dkrandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Chaos is... evil. Purely evil. Probably the best suit in 450 points class. It easily beats even some top suits (I Justice especially).
.... chaos is that good!? wth... i seriously didnt think it would be considered that good... it seriously looks to me like a Z.E.R.O upgraded to be a MS with the ability to change into MA wow... post of a vid please playing as Chaos against IJ + anyother char with lv set to hardest, try not to use infinite boost + seed, but its up to you, i just want to verify with my own eyes to see if it is as good as you say... i just cant wait till the game comes to my door steps.. i rip the box open... isolate myself to the family t.v and ignore schoolwork until i have to leave for school -_- ::HAVE FUN PEOPLE!::
dkrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 19:01   Link #545
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Anyone play this game using magic swap?
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 19:55   Link #546
dkrandom

oooo swap disk?
ill tell you when i get teh game
i play to use that witht he slide card
dkrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 20:32   Link #547
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Quote:
hmm... I like SF. And I don't see the reason why people say it isn't good. Especially in comparision to oryginal Freedom, which didn't had Dragoons and it's beam spam was useless because of it made it stand still for far too long, which is not a problem for SF.
We've just discovered with my friend, that combination Shiranui Akatsuki and Nuclear Windam is scaryyy :P And very good for walking through arcade routes. SA player just have to remember to constantly shield Windam because of it's low HP.
Things get even scarier when Windam player activates Rush SEED mode... nuke here, nuke there, run for you life everybody XD
Gouf is... not that good i thought it would be. It is in same cost class as impulses which are damn good this time, but is a lot weaker.
Strike Noir is great, but only on low and medium cost MS. It has too low firepower to fight top class MS.
Darn, they improved Providence's Dragoon launching time, it's even more deadly ms than before :P
Infinite Justice is... poor at best. Tough I'm yet to compare it to Justice, I think that the older one will be better.
They've nerfed Saviour... they really, really did... I really liked that suit in previous game...
Freedom still isnt that bad, I like Freedom's melee over SF's one.
Nuke WIndam is only good for clearing story, not dueling others ><
Gouf not good?!?! Waaah! I love the ornage one, insane melee combo. But I guess people have different views hehe
For Infinity Justice, the only thing thats different is that it has a way better melee combo then the first, everything else is about the same.
Old 2006-12-09, 02:58   Link #548
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrandom View Post
.... chaos is that good!? wth... i seriously didnt think it would be considered that good... it seriously looks to me like a Z.E.R.O upgraded to be a MS with the ability to change into MA wow... post of a vid please playing as Chaos against IJ + anyother char with lv set to hardest, try not to use infinite boost + seed, but its up to you, i just want to verify with my own eyes to see if it is as good as you say... i just cant wait till the game comes to my door steps.. i rip the box open... isolate myself to the family t.v and ignore schoolwork until i have to leave for school -_- ::HAVE FUN PEOPLE!::
Well, I would do that but.. I can't :P I don't have TV card in my pc. And don't have camera. Neither traditional video. Sorry, really, I would make as many videos as you like if I had way to do that Y__Y
Think about it that way: Chaos is good mecha itself. It's quite fast and agile, has beam rifle and rockets and it's melle is one of the fastest I think. Then add MA transformation which is great bonus in itself, but hey, it have melle attacks in MA! And they are even faster 8-|. Now it has two gunbarrels. Nothing great you'd say compared to 560 and 590 mecha's dragoons (even akatsuki has 7, SF, Legend and PROvidence even more). Bah, even ZERO has 4. But there are few slight differences between Chaos and others. It gunbarrels can shot both beams and rockets, that's one thing. Not that great really. It gunbarrels shot when Chaos shots, not when they reach the position like other units ones. And here's the problem, because good player piloting Chaos can get insane accuracy, set up traps and just generally get you wherever you are. He needs to just wait for a moment when you run out of boost/execute some attack which makes you stand still for just a second/try to get him in melle... Melle suits stand no chance against chaos simply because he's nearly always guarded by a gunbarrel from every side thus unreachable in hand to hand combat. Things get little better in long range combat but still accuracy of Chaos gunbarrels is a pain.
And try to survive Chaos in Rush SEED mode. Beams, beams, many beams from every side!... [explodes]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
Freedom still isnt that bad, I like Freedom's melee over SF's one.
Nuke WIndam is only good for clearing story, not dueling others ><
Gouf not good?!?! Waaah! I love the ornage one, insane melee combo. But I guess people have different views hehe
For Infinity Justice, the only thing thats different is that it has a way better melee combo then the first, everything else is about the same.
Yo, Nuke windam is only for story modes. Or 2 nukes vs 2 nukes battles :P It's a big lol MS :P
Gouf... Yeah, it's melle is great, but... maybe it's just me but I can't manage to get into melle when dueling my friends. I think Gouf should be faster. And slayer whip a little longer, I have trouble with being "just a little bit too far" when using it.
Hmm... It has only one boomerang compared to Justice's two. I don't know, maybe I need to play with it a little more to get used to it.

People, is it only me, or AI in this game is REALLY better?
Old 2006-12-09, 06:04   Link #549
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

How come in Plus mode all your support characters level way more than Shinn does? How do I get beefy exp like they do? O_o

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 08:49   Link #550
Siege

gevurah ur right it's rather annoying isn't it has anyone got past that Map in plus mode with the ORB carrier that won't die no matter what modile suit is used and for anyone whos stuck on the kill the missile before it hits mere use the Zuoot type suit it's very accurate and the guns can fire and recharge quickly
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 11:24   Link #551
El_Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
Anyone play this game using magic swap?
I do. It works like a charm

I'm still undecided about my favourite MS. For now, the Windam is pretty much on top of my list. I'm also pretty disappointed about the absence of verde buster and blu duel. I would have loved seeing those units in the game. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
El_Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 11:28   Link #552
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

So many Zakus to unlock lol.
The Stargazer isnt bad lol. Mini nukes you place around lol.
Old 2006-12-09, 11:44   Link #553
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

What's so good about Neo's Windam that makes it cost as much as a Gundam?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 14:10   Link #554
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
gevurah ur right it's rather annoying isn't it has anyone got past that Map in plus mode with the ORB carrier that won't die no matter what modile suit is used and for anyone whos stuck on the kill the missile before it hits mere use the Zuoot type suit it's very accurate and the guns can fire and recharge quickly
I got through that. I've used Blast Impulse as far as I remember... can't recall who I took as teammate. You just have to eliminate Murasame's when they come, they are for two or one shot and then fire at carrier, then new murasame come, obliterate them, again attack carrier, smash next wave of murasame... it's hard level but not impossible, you just have to develop your evasive maneouvers against enemies you don't see.

Man, PLUS mode is INSANE long... I just wonder when will it end. And it'll better give some nice tasty neat super-fun MS or I'll be really-really angry that I've waisted so much time only to see idiotic expressions of all characters Shinn can befriend. -_- Really, they all look so-so-so damn gay when they smile like that...
(explanation for those who don't have the game/didn't discovered that yet: when you take a character as a teammate into battle, if you succed his "friendliness bar" will increase - ie: he'll like Shinn more. When the bar goes all way up - character gains a level. At highest level character's graphic changes and he smiles like an finished idiot. I mean really, they couldn't give them more gayish smile, it doesn't exist. Asuran and Dearka are worst, with Rey following right behind them. Also in-battle messages changes, some for worse to, I died when, at the beggining of the battle, Asuran told Shinn that he'll protect him... his voice having a same depth when he said the same thing to Cagali at the end of SEED...)

Discovery: when you befriend Luna, Asuran, Heine and Rey you get a photo of all the five Minerva's redcoats. And they even give some commentary. Neat, but NOT ENOUGH O_o" All that work for one photo O_o"?!
Old 2006-12-09, 17:06   Link #555
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Just got this game and ughhh, Arcade mode must be finished a whole bunch of times before unlocking the ecret units....Been playing the arcade too much we finf it boring...

Well plus mode is pretty entertaining, if its a timed battle, I usually just destroy as much as I can
The Orb Carrier wasn't that bad, usually use power for all scenarios so kill things much faster and swap targets until I get chances to shoot them.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 18:36   Link #556
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
What the hell? I didn't even talk about the carrier! Where did you decipher that out of "how do I get beefy exp like my support characters?" O_o And punctuation is your friend.

And I've gone way past that point really and got Destiny and Legend last night in PLUS mode. Destiny is soooooooooooooo fast.

Also, I was expecting to get some kind of picture with Athrun, Dearka, and Yzak when I gave them the highest friend rating, but so avail. =( Although I think it's kinda creepy when Shinn opens Mayu's mobile and there's a picture of fruity ass Rey on it. XD

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 22:52   Link #557
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Quote:
Yo, Nuke windam is only for story modes. Or 2 nukes vs 2 nukes battles :P It's a big lol MS :P
Gouf... Yeah, it's melle is great, but... maybe it's just me but I can't manage to get into melle when dueling my friends. I think Gouf should be faster. And slayer whip a little longer, I have trouble with being "just a little bit too far" when using it.
Hmm... It has only one boomerang compared to Justice's two. I don't know, maybe I need to play with it a little more to get used to it.

People, is it only me, or AI in this game is REALLY better?
Well, its not like you ever need to use both boomerangs on Justice? ><
And yes, the AI is better compared to the first one.

I have a questions regarding PLUS, I think its under the characters there is the blue oval with words and you can go from right to left (its starting on the far right already) i was wondering what do those do?
Old 2006-12-09, 22:53   Link #558
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Yo all is the game easy to understand and navigate through menus?
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 23:21   Link #559
Ansa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
Yo all is the game easy to understand and navigate through menus?
You'll need to do some minor trial and error some options (setting difficulty, time limit, auto saving) but besides that it's pretty basic, even in the Plus Mode missions most of them are easy enough to grasp just by the top left part of the screen where you normally have the Cost Gage (hint: If there isn't a blue one that pretty much means you lose if you die... except in some missions)

I think... I just beat the storyline part of Plus mode(and god was that last part a pain in the ASS) as now I can start doing good missions for normal antags (Such as Kira) and can do bad missions for Luna.

And for some odd reason they actually included good missions for that one insane guy who tried to drop J7 onto the earth o_O

Out of the MS's I've tried thus far...

Freedom - Personal favorite, I'm not totally sure about this but it seems a heck of a lot faster then Strike Freedom, it's normal attacks are good and if you know when to use the spam attack then it's godly.

Strike Freedom - Dragoon's are all well and good but they aren't THAT useful most of the time and the rest of SF's attacks just seem to hit less then the original Freedoms...

Nuke Windom - Oddly useful for arcade mode, or as a large range unit in general.

Savior - wtf did they do to it, it's slow as crap now It's attack seems lowered and it just outright is really toned down... to bad as Savior was my fav. in the last game >.<

Original G's (Strike, Aegis, ect) - all of them feel really toned down as well, and it's easy to tell that they are vastly slower then most of the other units.

Goof (all 3) - they are... OKAY midrange units but overall pretty useless, the basic beam attack is really sucky the heat whip can be useful at times but it really leaves you open to attack if you miss (which is odd since the unit is godly fast).

Zaku (all types) - Meh... slow, underpowered and just generally not very useful... why do they have to give you every different type of them anyway? >.< well actually Dearka's custom one is actually pretty good, but it does seem to work better in the hands of an NPC.

Impluse (all 3) - Sword - meh not enough power output and low range isn't good. Blast is quite awesome for Plus mode (mainly the missions where you can fly all the time) Arcade mode it's just okay. The other one (don't remember the name, the one that can fly in the show) really doesn't have enough useful weapons. It's got great mobility but it only has a normal beam rifle and a saber, almost all the other MS's in this range have at least 3 good attacks (and I don't count the gallanting guns as a good attack >.>) it CAN be used well if you do mid-close range combat at all times and change between the saber and the rifle.

Destiny - Pretty awesome unit now that I've spent a lot more time with it. It has a great range of weapons it's quite fast and easily the most pratical MS to use. Oh an a tip, change up your weapon with Square then (while still holding Square) press Triangle now you can use the charged shot as much as you'd like (if you press and hold the button down again before the shot finishes anyway) while still not having to take time to draw out the sword (as, unlike the rife (not charge attack) you can keep the sword ready and still use the charge attack, this really can make short work of some units.

Legend - I can't really say as to providence as I haven't tried it yet but Legend itself is a pretty good unit, it has a good amount of attacks and the dragoons are useful but I just seem to have a hard time being able to control the dragoons well (I'm sure there is some kind of trick or something that I'm doing wrong) but overall it's a usable unit all in all... although I wish the Dragoon's weren't so god awfully easy to dodge >.<

Akatsuki (Both) - frankly Dragoon Equipped is just better then the other one, spam attack doesn't have enough range on the non-dragoon and without dragoons it's just not the greatest unit to have...

More to come.

------------------

Now I have a question, what is it exactly that gets you Faith Badges? I've gotten them quite a bit but I'm having a hard time placing exactly what the requirement is... I THINK it's if you kill all the units but I'm just not sure...
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 23:46   Link #560
Ottocycle

I think there's a certain point threshold for each rating A-E, Destiny and Faith. Most crucial to the points are the amount of blue bar left and the time it took to finish the mission.

I don't think its killing all the units that give you the badge, as me and my friend both got Faith on one particular mission.(Double Destiny ftw!)
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote