Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-18, 14:01   Link #5981
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
actually, it has been stated a few times that budo is Esdeaths equal. she even said that his army is the only one that can counter her own.

Well if it has, then I stand corrected. The Manga is contradicting itself then. There can't be a strongest (I doubt he's equal to her in looks :P) and an equal. Unless it was just referring to his army and not their strengths individually.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 14:07   Link #5982
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Was that before(Three Beasts) or after the Jaegers?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 14:36   Link #5983
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
Well if it has, then I stand corrected. The Manga is contradicting itself then. There can't be a strongest (I doubt he's equal to her in looks :P) and an equal. Unless it was just referring to his army and not their strengths individually.
true, i myself found it odd that she was said to be the strongest but then there were several people like the PM, Najenda and a couple nameless faces who mentioned they were both top tier.

all i can assume is that maybe he is loyal to the empire through another branch of it. like the royal gaurd has it own ways of doing things that makes it independent but loyal, while esdeath is military and is actually part of the empire.

as for looks i'd say they is both badass and intimidating. but in terms of beauty, Esdeath wins hands down (mine, don't touch! you can have the other one!)
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 15:36   Link #5984
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
true, i myself found it odd that she was said to be the strongest but then there were several people like the PM, Najenda and a couple nameless faces who mentioned they were both top tier.

all i can assume is that maybe he is loyal to the empire through another branch of it. like the royal gaurd has it own ways of doing things that makes it independent but loyal, while esdeath is military and is actually part of the empire.

as for looks i'd say they is both badass and intimidating. but in terms of beauty, Esdeath wins hands down (mine, don't touch! you can have the other one!)
Unless your name is Tatsumi, you'll probably get a boot in your face . There's a line for that too.

I wonder what will happen to the child emperor when he finds out about the corruption in the empire. Would Budou come to his aid and protect him in time?
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 15:53   Link #5985
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
Unless your name is Tatsumi, you'll probably get a boot in your face . There's a line for that too.

I wonder what will happen to the child emperor when he finds out about the corruption in the empire. Would Budou come to his aid and protect him in time?
I can always change it! Now I just need it all to be real. Multiple dimensions and different realities have never been more appealing... As for the kid, I get the sense that he could also die from the pm who makes the empire his own through some sob story. He must have some plan up his sleeve if he is so calm about budou
Old 2014-08-18, 19:55   Link #5986
That_one_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Please restrain from talking things you can't be sure about. It didn't a killing blow, Budou clearly wanted to capture Tatsumi instead of killing him to obtain more information about the NR, or else he would have continued to strike Tatsumi after he fell unconscious. I's like to keep saying Budou and Esdese are equal until we have further information. And if you want to talk about their attack's power, just 1 hit from Budou could completely disarm Tatsumi while Esdese couldn't when they fought before.
"Empire's strongest" in reference to Esdeath

"Esdeath is equal to only Budou" - talking about being a general, went along those lines

As a leader they are equal, as a combatant and duelist, Esdeath has no rival yet

Esdeath swung at Tatsumi, he dodged it, and guess what, Tatsumi saw that coming

Tatsumi is running around corners to escape, gets decked by Budou and you want to give Budou praise?

If anything, Budou is a pretentious SOB in terms of power

Decking someone that is trying to escape gets you a golf clap

He did the "i'm the ultimate authority on everything ever with law and morals" to both Tatsumi and Wave when they had their backs turned / weren't preoccupied with Budou

Esdeath would destroy anyone, (so far) in a fair 1v1

Even if Budou is stronger physically than her, which I don't think is true, then she has the trump card of time freeze, you cannot beat time manipulation a fight, it's really hard to beat time manipulation

Budou has neither the scaling power of Tatsumi nor the strongest current power (Esdeath) so I called him weak for being pretentious and landing a cheap shot with so much proposed and alleged power

He's still one of the stronger people in the story so far, I'll give him that

He's still pretentious though, and I dislike his holier than thou attitude

Walks in when the Empire has been through many awful things and now when rebellion starts showing up he decides that now after so much has happened, he'll deal with the Prime Minister or some such

He walked in like he's the most powerful person, but he isn't

Sources: Ending of Ch 7
"Name: Esdese" "Strength Level: Empire's Strongest" - text
That was obviously before her time freeze ability was created

Beginning of Ch 8, talking about Budou and Esdese
"Hmmm... Esdese, she is a hero that rivals the power of General Budou" - The current king/emperor

Last edited by That_one_guy; 2014-08-18 at 20:18.
That_one_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 20:38   Link #5987
Shungin12

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_one_guy View Post

On a side note, does anyone expect multiple teigus to become a balance factor or possibility in the future?

It was mentioned that wielding one alone requires a lot of power (and focus?) but I was wondering if it would come into play at all, wielding two or more teigus- probably just two. I was thinking that Esdeath would be powerful enough, but she's already fighting the beast that she fully drank so she probably has her hands full in terms of not turning into something with no free will, then I thought about Tatsumi. At the end of it all or near it, Tatsumi could be the second strongest person in the world to Esdeath, rival Esdeath or even be stronger, while not having to deal with a beast trying to overtake his mind, and his teigu does have evolution, maybe one of the evolutions was or will be the ability to handle a certain type of teigu as well, or more teigu in general. Thoughts?
This would be interesting if someone can wield 2 teigus I hope it would be someone not from night raid or the empire
Wave is Tatsumi rival so I would think Wave would be just as strong as Tat
Shungin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 02:36   Link #5988
Junior117

I like the manga so far (anime is not too bad either) and I think I’ll stick around for the end, but I’m honestly a little confused with some of the opinions in this thread that I hope someone can clear up (because I’ll never be able to read all 300 pages worth of posts).

• Why is there a large fan base for an evil character like Esdeath?
  • Why is there a huge hate for Mein?
  • How is Mein a bland character? How does she not contribute to anything (even though Akame doesn’t seem to do much either, especially recently, yet everyone seems fine with it for some reason)?
  • In fact, how does Esdeath x Tatsumi make any sense?
  • If it’s true that the guidebook states that Mein was designed to be Tatsumi’s girlfriend, then please explain why Esdeath (or any other girl) has a chance(It’s like how people argue whether Sheik is a male or female, yet Nintendo clears it up saying she’s Zelda in disguise (don’t want to tick people off with this example, but I’m trying to show what I personally think this conflict compares to))?
  • Why does barely anyone seem to care about Lubbock? 95% of these posts are either about Mein, Tatsumi, and Esdeath (especially her). I’ve only since about... 3 posts (correct me if there’s more) discussing about Lubbock and his current situation (and had the last dang panel of the latest chapter). Why?
  • Finally,… how is Mein going to die? I don’t see no “death flag”, since the guidebook (if true) just nulled it for me (yes, things can unexpectedly turn, but I doubt that Takahiro wants to be that predictable).

Sorry: I'm new here, I've read the manga and understand most of it, and I've only fin this thread a week ago, but everything so confusing here. I'm sure there's someone here who could clear things up for me.
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 03:17   Link #5989
Tenzen12

Finally someone who see it same way. But while Rabbac is my second most favourite character, he doesn't provide much controversy, that's why there is not much discussion about him.
Old 2014-08-19, 03:23   Link #5990
Nice

I wrote a log ass post ages ago about esdeath so I'll paste it for you later when I find it. But mein is, baisically, she's a good character but many feel like her relationship with tatsumi was weak. It's not that we hate her (she's actually pretty cool) but it seems like she is the least deserving of tatsumi or that tatsumi showed no strong feelings for her that didn't already showhe for the likes of leone, akame or esdeath. Yet, he agreed to it non chalant like despite that, so it just felt off. As for her death flag, one, she barely gets out of certain situations like being swallowed by a toad or being blown up by justice girl. Not really deaths flags though. but the main death flags would be 1) najenda felt like she and tatsumi were In mortal danger (the instant they hooked up) and 2) the prophet said that he hoped his vision of their future he saw when he first met them was wrong. Other than that, there are still those who support the relationship, but even most of those guys have an un easy feeling about her future. And since esdeath has been head over heels for tatsumi since years ago, many feel like its could happen, the reason for which, I'll post later. Also, if you know Takehiro, you know majikoi and tsujindo-San road series. Then you would know how he likes to make strong female characters who love battle and fighting (akame ga kill is more violent due to the times and context) who turn from fighting with love. So esdeath is still possible, but we'll know sooner or later. Wait for my next post. Maybe 3 or 4 hours
Old 2014-08-19, 03:26   Link #5991
hamazura
whatever

dude, im rabac biggest fangay here. he is too awesome, he deserves to survive till the end
Old 2014-08-19, 03:46   Link #5992
Tenzen12

No biggest fangay for Rabbac is the Reaper itself (I am third). Of course he will survive.
Old 2014-08-19, 04:04   Link #5993
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Why would the author write a guidebook and reveal the inevitable futures of characters with specific wording and or content. This seems like a terrible idea to me.
Could it be possible that what is written in the guidebook is not final and does not reflect what will happen in the future of the story?

Also:
A guidebook to understand the story books? Really??
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 04:44   Link #5994
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Of course it is not final and does not tell us anything about what will happen in the future.
Just some people want to use it to show that "my opinion is better than yours".
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 05:01   Link #5995
Tenzen12

On top of that wording itself is far from explicit.
Old 2014-08-19, 05:35   Link #5996
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior117 View Post
I like the manga so far (anime is not too bad either) and I think I’ll stick around for the end, but I’m honestly a little confused with some of the opinions in this thread that I hope someone can clear up (because I’ll never be able to read all 300 pages worth of posts).

• Why is there a huge hate for Mein?
  • How is Mein a bland character? How does she not contribute to anything (even though Akame doesn’t seem to do much either, especially recently, yet everyone seems fine with it for some reason)?
  • In fact, how does Esdeath x Tatsumi make any sense?
  • If it’s true that the guidebook states that Mein was designed to be Tatsumi’s girlfriend, then please explain why Esdeath (or any other girl) has a chance(It’s like how people argue whether Sheik is a male or female, yet Nintendo clears it up saying she’s Zelda in disguise (don’t want to tick people off with this example, but I’m trying to show what I personally think this conflict compares to))?
  • Why does barely anyone seem to care about Lubbock? 95% of these posts are either about Mein, Tatsumi, and Esdeath (especially her). I’ve only since about... 3 posts (correct me if there’s more) discussing about Lubbock and his current situation (and had the last dang panel of the latest chapter). Why?
  • Finally,… how is Mein going to die? I don’t see no “death flag”, since the guidebook (if true) just nulled it for me (yes, things can unexpectedly turn, but I doubt that Takahiro wants to be that predictable).

Sorry: I'm new here, I've read the manga and understand most of it, and I've only fin this thread a week ago, but everything so confusing here. I'm sure there's someone here who could clear things up for me.
LONG ASS POST AHEAD:
most of this is copy/past from previous posts so it did not take long (despite the size)

Basically Esdeath is a controversial character due to the story and of course, herself. she is interesting because despite being the most powerful and beautiful, and the most destructive and cruel, to see a soft side to her is something out of the ordinary. she is supposed to be like that as the data book says "someone you want on your side"

Many here, including me, feel and hope (even pray) that she and Tatsumi get together.

there are many good reasons to suggest this such.

the way i see it is like this and be forewarned that the list is long (yes i did my research, yes i got obsessed, no i have no social life, no i have no life so hush!) . so tldr: good things, bad thing

Good points:
Saying that she would never let anything harm Tatsumi again
Saying that he is the only one she see's as a man and never let him be lonely
saying that she wants to see his smile, his feelings and possess him completely
taking hints from bors (like some honor student) to win Tatsumi
Loveing Tatsumi even when he ran away saying that her desire burned hotter since he was not there
promising to force all her feelings onto Tatsumi next time they met.
looking for Tatsumi in crowds despite her better judgement
telling ran that there is only one Tatsumi in the world and she wont accept anyone else.
Rejecting the emperors offer for the PMs son since she has passion to have Tatsumi again.
going on a night patrol on account of the pretty moon (saying its odd for her and that its tatsumis fault)
Seeing Tatsumi again (all lovey dovy)
taking the chance to kiss Tatsumi
making the situation out to be a date
being impressed by Tatsumi taking out a colossal danger beast
drawing Tatsumi in her book (one with her holding him)
their day on the island
wanting to know Tatsumi more
explaining everything about her to Tatsumi (making him realize she is twisted to the core)
running for Tatsumi as he left the portal (arm stretched out trying to reach him)
saddened by Tatsumi disappearing (he was hiding with Incursio)
Looking at her drawing of Tatsumi with a lonely face.
Despite several openings, She felt like part of her did not want to attack Incursio (Tatsumi) despite not knowing who was in it (though she gets suspicious)
Created a trump for her teigu to freeze time and space for the sole sake of never letting Tatsumi run from her
despite being happy about returning to the capital to fight another battle, she gets a lonely face when she thinks about Tatsumi.
stopping Tatsumi so he cant run from her
protecting Tatsumi from being Violated
embracing Tatsumi despite knowing he was Incursio
TBC...

This all proves the changes in her character that have happened throughout the story. each suggesting that she could change for Tatsumi and that Tatsumi is having an effect on her that turns her into a lovey dovy women instead of the sadistic general she is told to be. it makes most forget what she has done, or hopes she can do enough to redeem herself.
for such a woman to have such a side, caught alot of peoples attention and then, the fan base came.

Then of course, there are the bad points that suggest otherwise. proving that she is a sadist at heart, and also showing her defecting sides (and therefore being with Tatsumi, in not likely:

NOW for the bad points:
Allowed a city to be violated as a reward to her men for defeating the enemy and making a few watch
disabling Najenda
thrashing the north and its prince
burying 400,000 people alive
her torture chamber in the palace (holy F*** dude...)
putting ice in a boiling cauldron so that the peoples suffering is prolonged
ordering the three beasts to kill the former prime minister and his daughter to aid the PM
tells the jaegers to kill retreating enemies or those who surrendered, saying it is weak
smiling at the thought of capturing the released danger beast (not so sure if bad, but it sure was a twisted smile)
admitting she adores her soldiers and rewards them so they will be more frugal with their lives
admitting to Tatsumi that she would of buried the 400,000 and violated the tribes village whether she was order too or not (though she did admit it was to also cut costs)
her teigu compatibility basically demands a sadistic psycho
her butchering the bandits who were part of Najedas trap (though, what else was she gonna do?)
Her dissecting of Chelsea (holding her severed arm) and allowing Koro to feed on the body and then having the head on a spike.
her indifference to Seryuus death while muttering it served as a waste of potential.
her mutilating of leone (chopping her to pieces and would of gone on if Tatsumi did not stop her)
Despite saying she would remember Suusanoo as a warrior and not a teigu, she told him to entertain him with the last of his efforts and life.
Her burning of western soldiers alive.
TBC

this proves that despite her love, she still has a strong destructive sadism about her. all of the above proves she can go either way, so the next chapters are crucial. so whether the pairing makes sense depends on how you see all this.

as for her being evil, keep in mind that Tatsumi and night raid are murderers and they don't deny it. they are a good - evil while Esdeath is a sadist due to her upbringing in the wild, being a soldier whose duty it is to kill people, and basically, having a job where she gets to do what she knows best and all she has ever known is kill or be killed. so her evil is basically having fun, while night raid is the vigilante evil but evil all the same so much of akame ga kill is the perspective of what makes evil and what does not, and the circumstances as to why.
so while she does have the evilness about her, Tatsumi has a chance to change this (though he himself may not think so) and who does not love a bad character turn good, especially if they are bad ass beauties.

Keep in mind, that this is monthly manga, meaning that even though its at its 50th chapter, that means its been on for over 4 years. so for those who have been reading this for that long, invested their time and interest at the thought of her being with tatsumi, the next chapters are a big deal since it basically tells us if your waiting throughout the years are worth it or likely(therefore, we talk cause im LOSING MY FREAKING MIND!) this is why there is so much talk on the matter because for esdeath to be with tatsumi and be redeemable, mien has to be separated, and with the current story, there is a decent chance since love does not make anyone invincable, such as chelsea who thought as tatsumi even as she died.

This is why there is a bit of hate for mien as well, since people have been fans of tatsumi and Esdeath for YEARS, Mien just comes in and takes him. many wanted to see a struggle, others wanted a more satisfying beginning. others like me, felt Chelsea would of been a better fit and that mien was probobly the last person to deserve this, and that Tatsumi agreed to it too easily.

as for the guide book, keep in mind that data books are the story to the point said book is released. they do not predict or spoil the future so when some say 'evil is evil' i say, 'yea, point proven' and so see the future up for grabs as to if esdeath will remain or not.

also, as i've said, Takahiro has a habit of creating strong women who turn all soft and loving when love is involved so for such a thing to happen is a specialty.

not sure if that'll explain it properly to you, but i had time to kill.
Old 2014-08-19, 05:45   Link #5997
Nice

NOW LETS TALK BOUT SOMETHING ELSE

next up, i'm thinking we talk about dr. stylish danger beasts.

obviously since his death, he was still bought up a couple times, from the danger beasts let loose, to the alchemist wanting to work with him.

he obviously has some connection to the prime minister (or the son at least) and created the beast from experimentation.

who thinks that the beast he created are part of the prime ministers plan to counter budo?

and if thats no good, we could always talk about if rubboc could crack? but i think we covered that. i personally think he could. but then he could also play dead or prank wild hunt. go wild people!
Old 2014-08-19, 06:29   Link #5998
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior117 View Post
*snip*
Just as people love virtuous characters doing good things, they can also love evil characters doing bad things. If not, characters like Norman Bates, Jason Vorhees, Freddy Krueger, Hannibal Lecter, The Joker, etc won’t become such loveable iconic characters in Hollywood cinema.

As for your other questions, many of those can only be answered by fans who share those sentiments and the author himself. I myself can't speak for the people who hate Mein, and I do care about Lubbock but there’s just not many things we can talk about him aside for him being the pervert one, and love Najenda, and the recent hints of jealousy toward Tatsumi. I’m also not really a shipper. So I'm not on the side of any pairing and just want to see them develop. Still, Tatsumi’s interaction with Esdeath are often hilarious that I do enjoy watching them together , but after this chapter, we’re bound to see a crack in their “relationship” to a certain degree which is also interesting.
Old 2014-08-19, 07:24   Link #5999
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Just as people love virtuous characters doing good things, they can also love evil characters doing bad things. If not, characters like Norman Bates, Jason Vorhees, Freddy Krueger, Hannibal Lecter, The Joker, etc won’t become such loveable iconic characters in Hollywood cinema.

As for your other questions, many of those can only be answered by fans who share those sentiments and the author himself. I myself can't speak for the people who hate Mein, and I do care about Lubbock but there’s just not many things we can talk about him aside for him being the pervert one, and love Najenda, and the recent hints of jealousy toward Tatsumi. I’m also not really a shipper. So I'm not on the side of any pairing and just want to see them develop. Still, Tatsumi’s interaction with Esdeath are often hilarious that I do enjoy watching them together , but after this chapter, we’re bound to see a crack in their “relationship” to a certain degree which is also interesting.
in terms of evil characters, i gotta admit, i like Syura as a villein. he is evil, a bastard, and basically the physical embodiment of everything that is wrong in the empire and that night raid is out to get. i hate him, but i like him as a villain. the prime minister is undoubtebly worse, but we have seen more of syura in action than the fatty. definitely one of the favs to hate.
Old 2014-08-19, 07:36   Link #6000
Tenzen12

Shura is flat like pancake, even PM is better as he didn't get his ass kicked yet at least.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!