testament101

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_negro View Post
man this episode was such a huge mindfuck
this right here!!!
testament101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:10   Link #642
Orin GA

What sucks is that now we are never gonna know what this "new world" was suppose to be.

How the Sword of Akasha was suppose to kill Jupiter/God.

Or what Jupiter/God had anything to do with it.

With the series is almost over, its time to stop being so vague.
Orin GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:12   Link #643
addikt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm sorry, but the fact people didn't enjoy the episode like you did doesn't mean they didn't understood or felt it was too much to handle.

As for me, I can say Episode 21 basically ruined both seasons in mere 20 minutes. Why is it?

Basically, the whole portrayal of Charles was absolutely deceiving into irrational proportions. Pretty much like what several people said, Charles was a ruthless emperor that used Darwin's theory to its full extent to the point he was the direct cause of many miseries. Yet, the scripters make him look like a good guy?
That is nonsense. The most ridiculous point is actually how they show him as a "caring father"... sure : why would he order rolo to kill lelouch should he recover his memories of being zero?

What is even more ridiculous is the "KEIKAKU DORII" effect in the end. Charles and Marianne planning lelouch in that stuff? This is basically nonsense as well. How would they know he would be able to contact CC? How would they know he would want such revenge and being so successful? Lelouch had a lot of sheer luck and could die in many fashion. Since geass is very "customized" to the user, how would they expect him to have such convenient power?
The whole deal with code geass is that its premises is conflicting with its real background which is the biggest issue here.

Basically we have 2 nutcases characters who wish to end the world and turn it into a soup with the dead and whatever. AND they wanted to protect their children.
The good part of this episode was how Lelouch rightfully demonstrated that both parents were just silly.

Now, let's go further shall we? We have the world of C that is under the effect of geass, which was considered as god...
Okay, so the power of the kings, which was shown as able to have an effect of human brain... suddenly was able to enslave a god. And now, the biggest fun is that jupiter is no longer in available and whatnot...

And the most interesting part: the execution. Not only everything was poured in not even half the episode, but the characters were simply like stakes. Charles knew what Lelouch was trying to do, yet he is leaving him using all of his speech about whatever he could do etc?
What about Suzaku barging in the fray while Lelouch seems to understand his point here? They skipped a lot of things and dragged also meaningless points... Let's also add the fact that they again used a time skip instead of settle things between Suzaku and Lelouch.

Finally, we have got schneizel having fun on his side as well...

I honestly cannot see that as "good writing" at all: they abused their ability to surprise the watchers, and broke their own scope of the stories. R2 suffered a lot of its pace and themes issues but episode 21 was the pinnacle.
They piled up too much twists to the point it just disjointed the story into... "before" and "now".
Basically we have "before R2 episode 21" and "after". Certainly great in continuity... not.
Pretty much what I thought of the episode and unfortunately now the series too. This is the first Geass episode I gave a 1/10 because it basically and very stupidly destroyed season 1 and the past 20 episodes. It's ok if my expectations aren't met ... it's different when the writers contradict themselves to the point where they look like monkeys. I'm sorry if I offended some of the fan boys... it's not that I don't get it; I DO get it but after I got it, I don't think I want it anymore.
addikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:15   Link #644
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin GA View Post
What sucks is that now we are never gonna know what this "new world" was suppose to be.

How the Sword of Akasha was suppose to kill Jupiter/God.

Or what Jupiter/God had anything to do with it.

With the series is almost over, its time to stop being so vague.
it's not really that vague, we already know that the world is really pretty much described as "dead in its tracks" or pretty much just DEAD if charles + marianne happened to succeed

man i don't like the way they portrayed marianne though, i was expecting a lot out of her...someone very mature and smart, she seemed so immature...with the whole talk of her being marianne the flash, i was expecting more *sigh*
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:15   Link #645
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Er, that was her as a pilot, miroku.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:16   Link #646
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Luckily i was able to watch the sub before coming here. And I gotta say.... This episode really blew my mind away... Emperor Lelouch and the Knight of ZERO, Kururugi Suzaku!!!!

W00T!! That makes another spoiler busted; Lelouch was the one who "killed" Charles, not Schneizel.

Spinzaku sure works in making grand entrances... Lol! Can't wait to see what will happen in Turn 22!!
Old 2008-08-31, 18:18   Link #647
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Er, that was her as a pilot, miroku.
yeah i know, would still expect her to be pretty smart/mature, she is lulu's mom...

^strato..sub? what ? tab00
Old 2008-08-31, 18:19   Link #648
brandon279

Quote:
Originally Posted by addikt View Post
Pretty much what I thought of the episode and unfortunately now the series too. This is the first Geass episode I gave a 1/10 because it basically and very stupidly destroyed season 1 and the past 20 episodes. It's ok if my expectations aren't met ... it's different when the writers contradict themselves to the point where they look like monkeys. I'm sorry if I offended some of the fan boys... it's not that I don't get it; I DO get it but after I got it, I don't think I want it anymore.
that makes 3 of us.
brandon279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:19   Link #649
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, being a mother doesn't guarantee all-round goodness. Many other series have proven that.
Old 2008-08-31, 18:21   Link #650
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
BTW,

Does Kaguya and Xing Ke know that Zero was Lelouch? I wasn't sure when they were talking at the beginning of the episode.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:21   Link #651
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon279 View Post
that makes 3 of us.
what...u didn't even understand the whole assassination concept

*sigh*, what are your views then? gimme quick points, not a whole page worth of stuff, thanks
Old 2008-08-31, 18:21   Link #652
Slighted

meh i don't know if there is any real reason to watch any more considering that Schneizel really doesn't have ANYTHING to go against LL with. Well, I guess I could keep watching to see how Schneizel dies.
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:22   Link #653
testament101

I agree with Klashikari 100%...that's what I mean by all this shit was just brought on out of nowhere and didn't feel like it flowed well in any way, shape, or form.
testament101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:22   Link #654
Shrew

Send a message via AIM to Shrew Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well, being a mother doesn't guarantee all-round goodness. Many other series have proven that.
yup

remember Mayu's mother from Elfen Lied?
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 18:22   Link #655
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
BTW,

Does Kaguya and Xing Ke know that Zero was Lelouch? I wasn't sure when they were talking at the beginning of the episode.
im thinking that the news was spilled to them, because at the end kaguya was like "him and suzaku? together?"

so i would assume with that kind of expression, she would have known that zero=lulu...too bad we didn't get to see her expression when we found out *sigh*

i really want to know li's and kaguya's reaction to lulu being zero
Old 2008-08-31, 18:23   Link #656
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Completely random note: damn Yohgi, I didn't think you could make yourself that hateable, then you pull this secret assassination BS. I only thought he was annoying and needed to get taught a lesson for thinking he could lie with the best, now he needs his ass kicked for this under-handed nonsense.
Old 2008-08-31, 18:24   Link #657
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

We don't know what Schneizel has up his sleeve,how about the negotiation between Kaguya and Schneizel too that was postponed last episode. I'm guessing that probably took place during that one month period.
Old 2008-08-31, 18:24   Link #658
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
yup

remember Mayu's mother from Elfen Lied?
didn't mean to imply that all mothers are teh shi3t, what i meant was, with having lulu, she must at least have some good qualities, and being called a genius on the battlefield...and everything, u just don't expect a weird happygolucky girl piloting that stuff..u'd expect a mature image

well thats how i felt, everyone has their own perspective
Old 2008-08-31, 18:24   Link #659
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slighted View Post
meh i don't know if there is any real reason to watch any more considering that Schneizel really doesn't have ANYTHING to go against LL with. Well, I guess I could keep watching to see how Schneizel dies.
Okay. Him being calm despite Lelouch conquering the ENTIRE fucking empire suddenly makes him harmless.
Old 2008-08-31, 18:25   Link #660
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Completely random note: damn Yohgi, I didn't think you could make yourself that hateable, then you pull this secret assassination BS. I only thought he was annoying and needed to get taught a lesson for thinking he could lie with the best, now he needs his ass kicked for this under-handed nonsense.
And if I'm guessing it right Japan is still under Britannian control (The settlement is being rebuilt so I'm wondering what the BK's are doing right now)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote