Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 16:43   Link #2841
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I need some motivation. If any of you 1000 monks on AS want to farm some act II inf hit me up. I just need someone who can live and also bring conviction aura
Will you pay for my repairs?

In all seriousness, I can't even bear to look at act II anymore. It's not because it's hard, but it's so drab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, I had to go back to my Wizard to farm for gold. My DH is dying too much and she couldn't afford the necessary upgrades.
Edit: Scratch that. I am still not making any money. I will be playing my low level characters until Blizzard fix the stupid repair costs.
Are you having trouble keeping up in act 1? If so, I can probably help you out a bit in improving gear or what not.

I'll be saving "No durability loss" gear for you guys.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 19:27   Link #2842
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Guys, I just sold a ring with around 70 dex / vit, 7% IAS and 29 fire resistance for 490k. I feel that I maybe could have charged more for it, though I'm not sure. Rings with similar stats had around 400 to 500k prices in the auctionhouse, none of them had fire resistance though, which comes in handy for some monks. The fact that I sold the item after about ten minutes just adds to my feeling that I lost some money here. :/
Old 2012-06-22, 20:16   Link #2843
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Pre-nerf you probaly could have gotten several million. Post-nerf I would cap that at a million at most, barring some luck.

Also, I switched to Deadly reach/Fist of Thunder to Deadly Reach/Sweeping Wind. Fist of thunder has such high dps potential, but having standing still in fights that actaully matter to take advantage of this, I found it not helping much. Sweeping Wind costs a lot of spirit but it can be sustained in long fights as long as I hit someone occasionally. It also would damage when I'm frozen or nightmared.

I've also gone back to Act 1 to take advantage of this due to more dense packs and the fact that more blues means I can actually sell something to gain gold. It's not like Act 2 really dropped anything worth a damn anyways.

I ended up with this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Xgh!XZU!cZcbaa

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-22 at 20:35.
Old 2012-06-22, 20:17   Link #2844
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Seriously. This is the first time I feel I shouldn't play an RPG. The issue is that repair costs currently isn't punishing players who die; the repair costs is actually a playing tax. Literally, every minute that I play the game, I lose gold in the form of durability. The only way I can stay ahead is to go back and play in Hell difficulty. I am TAXED for opening the program and playing!

To lose money the more I play, is the complete opposite of what I consider RPGs to be. I am suppose to be rewarded by the time I invested in the game, even if I don't have the best gear or was not that skilled as a gamer. But no. After reaching level 60, there is no where to go. I can't accumulate wealth because the more I try to earn it, the faster I run out. A single death against an elite would wipe out the profits made in the last 30 minutes.

I just can't stand the idea that my character is better off if I don't play her at all.
Old 2012-06-22, 20:49   Link #2845
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

It's indeed stupid.

Wizard right? For 50k you can buy a 600ish dps indestructible weapon with 100+ int; that should help alleviate matters.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-22, 20:58   Link #2846
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
It's indeed stupid.

Wizard right? For 50k you can buy a 600ish dps indestructible weapon with 100+ int; that should help alleviate matters.
Thing is, Blizzard has already told us that they will fix the problem at some point. So there is no reason for me to spend the money buying the indestructible gear when I can instead, just play my low level characters in the mean time.

I just feel like I am some guy who has a low-playing job, and that the cost of petrol used to travel to the workplace is actually higher than what I get paid for working. In their hurry to have more gold sinks, Blizzard has forgotten to reward players for playing the game at all. If I play the game for an hour, I should have something to show for it. RPGs are all about time investment. But if an investment doesn't generate a return, then why invest?
Old 2012-06-22, 21:10   Link #2847
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Thing is, Blizzard has already told us that they will fix the problem at some point. So there is no reason for me to spend the money buying the indestructible gear when I can instead, just play my low level characters in the mean time.

I just feel like I am some guy who has a low-playing job, and that the cost of petrol used to travel to the workplace is actually higher than what I get paid for working. In their hurry to have more gold sinks, Blizzard has forgotten to reward players for playing the game at all. If I play the game for an hour, I should have something to show for it. RPGs are all about time investment. But if an investment doesn't generate a return, then why invest?
There's actually plenty of reason. In any case, even if they do fix it, the repair costs will be higher than pre-1.03, so even other the "fix" you can't guarantee you'll not die, right? The indestructible mod for my latest weapon was the tipping factor to me buying it (and this was pre-patch).

Stopgap items aren't a bad thing. When it comes to gear that costs less than 7 digits, short term advantages outweigh long term advantages. Yes, if you keep marginally upgrading your gear for 6 dights often like I foolishly did you will be slowed down, but getting act 1 inferno gear that has indestructible on it won't cost that much and allows your character to be productive now, and you can generate more wealth that can be used now to buy even better shit.

There's no point in optimizing the small numbers once you realize the real gear is in the multimillions and everything else you wear is just a method of getting there. The faster you can get there, even if you paid twice the value of what it's worth, is worth it!

Also, I sold this ring on the AH; I found it lying in my stash randomly...
Spoiler:

For what?
Spoiler:

It's the kind of thing that's worth a Minko

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-22 at 22:28.
Old 2012-06-22, 21:22   Link #2848
problemedchild
ô_ô

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...01949?page=1#6

Quote:
I unfortunately don't have any specifics to share just yet, but we agree they are low and are looking at adjusting them. We should have more details early next week.

On an unrelated note, it's kinda sad how much end game gear costs now days. I just sent 120 million upgrading 2-3 pieces of gear lol
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 22:31   Link #2849
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
The biggest problem with high health is that there is no easy way to heal.

Increasing your defence by 50% is the same as increasing your health by 50%. But If you increase your defence you will still heal to full strength when taking a health orb. But if you stack vitality you will struggle to reecover health as fast as someone who stack resists and defence.
What's missing in D3 is the Rejuvenation potions, a way to heal by a percentage of your total health. Though I think some characters have skills that heal by percentage, and that would certainly benefit those who stack vitality.
Barbarian benefits a lot with high health, as most of his regen skill apply based on his max health. The only problem is the chance to proc.

Funny thing is my Wiz now can tank better than my Barb and my friend's Monk. Even though I just reached 60 yesterday and without any 60+ ilevel gears, I breezed through Inferno with perma Crystal Skin and perma Nova, together with thing that I have never seen anyone use, Twister. Really, it's the best thing to proc critical for Critical Mass. The only thing killed me is waller/jailer/arcane.
Old 2012-06-22, 22:54   Link #2850
Skane
Anime Snark

I'm progressing pretty handily in Inferno Act 2 (just finishing the Blood and Sand quest now), and I'm not finding an issue with the repair fees? If I don't die, my repair fee after about an hour of pounding face, is around 6k gold. Excluding AH sales, I easily get back about 50-75k gold per session from pick-ups, vendoring, and salvaging Lvl-60 items (Inferno mats sell for about 2k gold each, so don't vendor those Lvl-60 items).

I'm not sure why people are losing money from the repair fees, unless they are skipping mobs/areas or dying every 3rd pack or something. It is much higher than usual, but not to the point where you will lose money.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-22, 22:59   Link #2851
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, I don't know either, but I can't say much as I have only played Wiz, Barb and WD. I just thought Monk has it worse currently. Usually after a trip back with the repair bill around 20k, I already made roughly 100k gold from picking up alone (I salvaged all other useless stuffs), and that is with only 51% gold find.
Old 2012-06-22, 23:06   Link #2852
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Well, I don't know either, but I can't say much as I have only played Wiz, Barb and WD. I just thought Monk has it worse currently. Usually after a trip back with the repair bill around 20k, I already made roughly 100k gold from picking up alone (I salvaged all other useless stuffs), and that is with only 51% gold find.
The damage nerf in patch v1.03 has actually made it much easier for Monks, overall. The only stumbling block was adapting to the IAS-nerf and re-configuring to newer set-ups that don't rely too much on IAS.

IAS is still important, but no longer the make or break stat it used to be.

Prior to the patch, my Monk would have been stir-fried by the mobs in Act 2 just because of the ridiculous level of damage. 4-hit KO from wasps? Now I can eat about 8-10 shots from wasps (in a row, and assuming I just stand there doing nothing to mitigate it) before I bite it.

Also, with the change to how NValour works, I can sort of farm rares from Elite packs, and have a decent chance of getting something that I can sell for a nice amount on the AH.

I am definitely not losing money from repairs in this patch.

PS: The ring I posted earlier finally sold for 2.5mil++ nett gold. So stoked now. No idea what to spend the gold on... A better weapon or upgrade my rings from Magic to Rare?

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-22, 23:11   Link #2853
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Damn it, I really have to go back to hell mode to get tomes of jewelcrafting so I can merge some medicore gems? >.> Or buy it on the AH @ some stupid price? I mean really? 1000 g a pop to make something that's worth not even 100g? Why shouldn't I vendor the stacks of square gems I have?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-22, 23:15   Link #2854
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

See, you had to have money to make money. I literally never managed to see 1 million gold, ever. My lack of ideal equipment means I take longer to kill mobs, which means I die more often and fights last longer over all, which means I spend all my money on repair bills.

To be frank, I am not a skilled gamer. I am a "Casual", who play for fun. I don't like to play like my life depends on it. But now, if I don't play like my life depends on it, I lose money. And since money is the only progression left for level 60 characters, I am on a never ending treadmill.

I am not playing DIII to get the perfect character and perfect loot. I am playing DIII to enjoy the satisfaction of progression and player character growth. And right now the best way for my character to progress, is to do nothing until the repair costs are nerfed. There is just no point.

Thing is, once you hit level 60 with level 60 gear, the more powerful your gear the less repairs you need to do. I am happy to see that you are enjoying yourself. But I am not on that stage, and at this rate I will never get there. I feel like a guy who gives up all his paycheck for rent so he could never afford his own home.
Old 2012-06-22, 23:19   Link #2855
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Time to unload my stock of crit rings :O!

Blizz might buff act3/4 drop rate. I guess I was right to go lvl alts that I will nvr play during this time.

I will be the devil and claim that I do not understand how people are losing money on repairs when every so often mobs drop gold in piles of 500-800 w/o gold find. Worst case I will just sell off some blues for cheap (ie: 700 dps 1 hand, things with MF/GF) for 10k and they can cover the expenses of the run.

//

If you really need that gold, invest in a set of gold find gear with some stats (16-18% gold fine with vit, then add some other ones with str/int/dex). Go clear your way from spiderlady to azmodan over and over. You can most likely farm up a good 300k an hour (a friend told me you get around 500k).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 23:20   Link #2856
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Damn it, I really have to go back to hell mode to get tomes of jewelcrafting so I can merge some medicore gems? >.> Or buy it on the AH @ some stupid price? I mean really? 1000 g a pop to make something that's worth not even 100g? Why shouldn't I vendor the stacks of square gems I have?
I personally save a stack of 30 so I can socket loot I obtain to help them sell faster, other than that just NPC them or hope that Blizzard realizes this and fixes it... someday
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 23:34   Link #2857
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The damage nerf in patch v1.03 has actually made it much easier for Monks, overall. The only stumbling block was adapting to the IAS-nerf and re-configuring to newer set-ups that don't rely too much on IAS.

IAS is still important, but no longer the make or break stat it used to be.

Prior to the patch, my Monk would have been stir-fried by the mobs in Act 2 just because of the ridiculous level of damage. 4-hit KO from wasps? Now I can eat about 8-10 shots from wasps (in a row, and assuming I just stand there doing nothing to mitigate it) before I bite it.

Also, with the change to how NValour works, I can sort of farm rares from Elite packs, and have a decent chance of getting something that I can sell for a nice amount on the AH.

I am definitely not losing money from repairs in this patch.

PS: The ring I posted earlier finally sold for 2.5mil++ nett gold. So stoked now. No idea what to spend the gold on... A better weapon or upgrade my rings from Magic to Rare?

Cheers.
Do not touch jewelry. I'd soon as rather have them all empty then spend the 10s of millions those greedy bastards (like myself want). Your main focus should be to improve your armor rating so I'd go with armor/shield. Your weapon is good enough, from what I saw. For act 2 at least. Aim for damage mitigation so you will move like a wall of death and be able to use conviction to blow through act 1 if you desire.

Quote:
See, you had to have money to make money. I literally never managed to see 1 million gold, ever. My lack of ideal equipment means I take longer to kill mobs, which means I die more often and fights last longer over all, which means I spend all my money on repair bills.

To be frank, I am not a skilled gamer. I am a "Casual", who play for fun. I don't like to play like my life depends on it. But now, if I don't play like my life depends on it, I lose money. And since money is the only progression left for level 60 characters, I am on a never ending treadmill.

I am not playing DIII to get the perfect character and perfect loot. I am playing DIII to enjoy the satisfaction of progression and player character growth. And right now the best way for my character to progress, is to do nothing until the repair costs are nerfed. There is just no point.

Thing is, once you hit level 60 with level 60 gear, the more powerful your gear the less repairs you need to do. I am happy to see that you are enjoying yourself. But I am not on that stage, and at this rate I will never get there. I feel like a guy who gives up all his paycheck for rent so he could never afford his own home.
Don't undersell yourself that much. You may not be a hardcore grinder, but you certainly have had the skill to get to inferno. And I would have made half the gold at the AH had I not read yours and others tactics towards the AH. So, I'm willing to return the favor but we'll get back to this later. I don't want to set anything that is impossible, but in the realm of what is viable for your situation.

I understand your situation. I really do. Someone that beat act 1 inferno with 8k dps unbuffed would. I absolutely refused to go back to hell to farm and just kept grinding the easy areas of act 1 and kept going if I died. Under the new system, this is not possible. I would have gone broke like hell and it would have sucked. So yes, I understand how not fun these repair costs are. I knew the changes would hit the people in this area the most. I don't like seeing my repair bills either. It is stupid

So all I really wanted to post was just the workarounds that I feel will be + expected value and would help in the future.

But that's not fun. So let's fix this before Blizzard. I will buy some indestructible gear for 150k for you if you are on the Americas server, and you won't have to pay me back. If you are still losing gold then I will admit this was just not a good idea and I will reimburse you another 100k. This is the kind of gold that can be grinded fairly easily in inferno, so this isn't anything that's too far outside what you could normally do.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-23, 00:03   Link #2858
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
But that's not fun. So let's fix this before Blizzard. I will buy some indestructible gear for 150k for you if you are on the Americas server, and you won't have to pay me back. If you are still losing gold then I will admit this was just not a good idea and I will reimburse you another 100k. This is the kind of gold that can be grinded fairly easily in inferno, so this isn't anything that's too far outside what you could normally do.
I appreciate the thought. Seriously, it means a lot to me that you offered to help. But to be frank my complaints on Blizzard's bad decisions isn't going to go away even if I accept your kind offer. The game itself need fixing. I just need to feel like I am having fun, and that can only happen when Blizzard patch this again.

I have been a single-player gamer for as long as I can remember. And in DIII I am still sort of sticking to that. The AH is just an alternate vendor source for me, and I just don't go to open games. Just want to say that I am a stubborn and unreasonable mule, and that's why I can't let you help me.

Now, to start playing as a Monk...
Old 2012-06-23, 00:12   Link #2859
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
1000g per tome? Really? When patch v1.03 went live, I bought a stack of 100 for 10k gold. Has their value really gone up that high? I think I still might have some leftovers. I don't mind giving out some, not really using them at the moment. Currently not levelling any alts, so I'm not looting any lower-level gems. Most of my gem crafts use Tome of Secrets.

To Vallen Chaos Valiant, I'm not the highest spender in the world. If you have read through my previous posts in this thread, the most I have ever spent on individual gear is 250k gold, with 100k being the average, for Inferno gear.

My style of playing is more methodical than "hardcore". I don't grind Treasure Goblins, I don't stack Magic Find, and I usually do full clears instead of making a bee-line for Act Bosses. I haven't even hit 100 hours played on any class.

If you having difficulty in a current Act, do strongly consider going back to the previous Act to gain more gold and items first. It would certainly be more productive than slamming yourself against a wall repeatedly in vain. Most of the other Inferno players in this thread have progressed much further than me, but you know what? That's a-okay with me. I have my own pace, and so long as I am having fun, I don't mind my slower pace of progression.

It's not like I'm racing against anyone or something.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-23, 00:36   Link #2860
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I really would like to know the feeling of "playing as my life depends on it", because all I'm doing is playing at my own pace, grinding Leoric and Butcher for my Wiz's stuff, and I have never had problem with repair cost.
It's better than seeing a million of useless golds as in D2 anyway.

Btw, I don't know why my Wiz's dps couldn't go above 8k, even I have the same dps gear and stats as those DH. Every time I downed a butcher, it's always reached the timer where there is no place to stand but the fire, while my friends could kill him in under 2 minutes. Do they have some amplifier skills or something?

I wish they would bring back the weapon's property ailments.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler