AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-09, 10:44   Link #261
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Sick in bed and coughing hard or is currently ill, check.
Can someone confirm if Precia's Dark Piece also inherited her sickness o.o?

Quote:
@Vez: He probably didn't have time for practicing melee while he was researching and gaining knowledge.
Sounds plausible.

Quote:
@Sunder: So all that was needed was to learn how to cast Eternal Coffin (is that only for sealing?)
From what i understood from the reading it doesn't mean Eternal Coffin can be fired just like that, it's a pretty high ranked spell, but Chrono received a lot of help because Durandal is specifically designed to fire that spell in particular and Chrono happens to be a mage with very skilled in mana conversion and well versed in freezing magic. Even if he knows how to fire the spell i bet he will have problems to do it without Durandal's assistance.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-09, 12:03   Link #262
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
@Sunder: So all that was needed was to learn how to cast Eternal Coffin (is that only for sealing?)
Durandal's user needed to know how to work with ice magic on top of having Durandal itself.

It's unknown if the user has to be of a certain minimum strength, magic-wise. However, it stands to reason that the stronger the user, the stronger the binding of Eternal Coffin.

As to whether Durandal can be used to perform other forms of magic, it stands to reason that it can be used for other ice-related spells, but not as well as another Storage Device of equal quality which was specialized for ice magic in general.

And outside of ice-magic, Durandal would perform worse than a Storage Device without any particular specialty at all. Again, assuming equal quality.
Old 2012-07-09, 16:39   Link #263
VezSketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Can someone confirm if Precia's Dark Piece also inherited her sickness o.o?
Her "sickness" is irrelevant. Zest was practically dead and basically stomped on Vita and could compete with Signum in melee. That's not going to fly - magic amps your strength. The thought of Fate being able to kick Precia's ass makes no sense.
Old 2012-07-09, 20:36   Link #264
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I wanted to clear Signum's affirmation of Precia doing poorly in melee despite her humongous magical power. As some people may try to justifi that as "durr, Precia is sick" xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-09, 22:05   Link #265
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
We are discussing Dark Piece here right?
Well the power of Dark Pieces depend on how much desires they have at that point. I'm assuming <= to the original's power.

Not once did I notice any sickness in Precia's Dark Pieces thought out the game.

from here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1306
her story mode she beat Chrono,Dark Piece Fate,Shamal or Zafira(depending on player), most likely tie with DP Rynith.
Old 2012-07-30, 13:33   Link #266
VezSketch

Question, how powerful do people here believe top tier mages are with their most powerful attacks? Visuals in A's yields that Eternal Coffin covered hundreds of kilometers and Triple Breaker melted that ice. The absurdity of their power is further backed up by the explosion caused by Blast Calamity in the manga.
Old 2012-07-30, 13:37   Link #267
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Very powerfull.Back in A's characters where at the top of their game. Nanoha and Fate lacked limiters, Hayate was holding the awesomely gargantuan powers of the original Tome of the Night Sky and Schwertkreuz and the Wolkenritter where also at their strongest with highly durable bodies and enormous power. A single arrow from Signum destroyed a barrier the size of a small town protecting a cosmic monster, Vita held a hammer the size of a freking building ...even Zafira casted an energy whip capable of killing dozens of the dragon sandworms most of the cast had troubles with earlier.

Mages in A's were almost at DBZ-level of power ....and as such were greatly nerfed by StrikerS and reduced to almost commong grunts by FORCE xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-30, 13:48   Link #268
VezSketch

Actually, if you look here, the sphere containing the Defense Body is basically on the horizon. Small town size is more like city sized. A hammer the size of building is more like the size of a mountain ... StrikerS may lack the giant explosions seen in the previous seasons, but remember Nanoha was able to block a (over?) S-Rank attack with her round shield without trouble at all. She later matched Dieci's more powerful blast with Exelion Buster in an AMF. Strike Stars >= Exelion Buster. SLB in A's was a S Rank attack ... Power inflation to the max.

Multiversal threats in the original series and A's to anti magic to counter the main cast in later seasons, lol. Vivio was also powered by this in StrikerS.

One thing I also think is ignored is Nanoha sealing an energy reactor supporting a multi dimensional quake with her power and Lindy suppressing it with a barrier. That's also crazy.
Old 2012-07-30, 19:34   Link #269
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

You're forgetting most of the bigger achievements Nanoha made in StrikerS was thanks mainly to the fact she was using a dangerous upgrade that forced her power to go beyond her limits literally puttin her safety and life on the line ...she sacrificed so much to fight those threats she actually received lasting consequences that took her some time to resolve.

Fate was also getting constantly worried about Nanoha's health back then, so it's implied that while Nanoha got a better grasp of her powers her body also got weaker.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-30, 19:57   Link #270
VezSketch

Everything I mentioned had nothing to do with the blaster system, so no idea what you're getting at. She did what I mentioned under her own power. Fate's worries are irrelevant since Nanoha demonstrated she's much stronger than she was in A's.
Old 2012-07-30, 20:20   Link #271
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I don't remeber seeing Nanoha doing something specifically more impressive than her 9-year old self before blaster system in StrikerS.

9-year old Nanoha in Excellion mode could have stopped Dieci's Evil Stampede as well.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-30, 20:27   Link #272
VezSketch

Aki, she blocked a S Rank attack with her round shield with no damage whatsoever done to herself. There's no indication she could've done so in A's, none at all. You're talking out your butt and the fight with Reinforce disagrees with you, who broke through her round shield with a punch. She then matches a full powered version of that attack with Exelion Buster.

You would have to be crazy to say EB was a S Rank attack in A's, not even Starlight Breaker was a S Rank attack in power. Only Starlight Breaker Plus was. Conflicting translations, but one translation I've read says Dieci's non-full powered blast Nanoha blocked was over S Rank in power. That would make EB a deal more stronger than SLB Plus was in A's. Regardless, Nanoha's far more powerful in StrikerS.

Last edited by VezSketch; 2012-07-30 at 20:37.
Old 2012-07-31, 01:04   Link #273
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Nanoha is not more powerfull she's just better trained and have better equipement. AAA-rank was the rough measurement Chrono did of her and Fate during A's but S-rank is the official rank achieved through examns and tests. Even Signum mentioned in the StrikerS manga that the rank isn't a reliable method to guess the power and effectiveness of someone in combat.

Signum doesn't have a single S-rank spell in her repertirie and still handed Nanoha's butt to her during their battle at the end of the aformentioned manga xDU And S-rank being put against the strings by a common knight doesn't talk too well of the Ace of Aces.

By the way, memory fails me and i'm curious, exactly what's that S-ranked attack Nanoha suppossedly blocked with her round shield xD?

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-31, 05:16   Link #274
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by VezSketch View Post
Everything I mentioned had nothing to do with the blaster system, so no idea what you're getting at. She did what I mentioned under her own power. Fate's worries are irrelevant since Nanoha demonstrated she's much stronger than she was in A's.
SLB alone is already dangerous, overuse of it is what put her into the hospital.
Old 2012-07-31, 06:50   Link #275
VezSketch

Aki, she's more powerful because she has shown she is more powerful and you can't actually refute what I'm saying ... I never mentioned her mage rank, so no idea why you even brought it up (and Nanoha before StrikerS isn't a S Rank mage, plus Nanoha is a S+ Rank Mage ...) ... Don't completely ignore what I'm saying to attack a straw man, that's actually annoying. I'll take that as a concession if you fail to address evidence again, I've already repeated myself.

Signum clearly does have S Rank spells, at least in power. Sturmfalken is at least stronger than EB and Strike Stars. She also heavily damaged Nanoha with another attack. Karyu Issen would be another one. So, actually, you're wrong there.

Dieci's blast in episode 12 was either a S-Rank attack or over S Rank. Every time I mention the rank of a spell, I'm talking about their attack power rank. That's actually reliable.

Quote:
SLB alone is already dangerous, overuse of it is what put her into the hospital.
No, it wasn't. What's your point, anyway?

Last edited by VezSketch; 2012-07-31 at 10:19.
Old 2012-07-31, 07:48   Link #276
ZeroIchiNi

That blocking an S-rank attack by a mage that got downgraded to AA was BS.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:24   Link #277
VezSketch

No, it just means Exelion Buster was just as powerful and it was done in a massive AMF of all places. Power inflation doesn't require giant explosions happening.

The cast is much stronger than they were in A's. Signum heavily damaged Nanoha's barrier jacket with "Koga". Her barrier jacket is more durable than her round shied, which tanked a S-Rank attack. Also, remember Vivio could break through her barriers with punches.

Fate's Trident Smasher also collided with Exelion Buster, so it's just as powerful. Pumping out S Rank attacks to arrest fodder, lol.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:45   Link #278
ZeroIchiNi

Are you telling me that any mage rank AA could block an attack that is as strong as a Starlight Breaker?

If anything that attack Nanoha block should be more damaging at a single point due to it being more condense.

screw it let me rephrase my last post: Power Rankings are Bullshit.
Old 2012-07-31, 08:51   Link #279
VezSketch

Quote:
Are you telling me that any mage rank AA could block an attack that is as strong as a Starlight Breaker?
First off, I never said or implied that. No idea where you're going with that. Not even Nanoha in A's would be able to block Starlight Breaker. Nor did I mention mage rank, spells have three different categories: "Power", "Casting Speed", and "Range." Therefore using the power rank to gauge power is perfectly fine and is actually what is done in-series.

Quote:
screw it let me rephrase my last post: Power Rankings are Bullshit.
Yeah, come up with something better.
Old 2012-07-31, 09:25   Link #280
VezSketch

Oh, wait, are you assuming Nanoha was still under her limiter when she blocked the attack? She clearly wasn't.
Closed Thread