AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-02-09, 19:08   Link #3641
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We're finally about to witness Arthur's true power. Given how hyped he and Excalibur have been, I expect him to put up a good fight against Meliodas.
Wouldn't t be too much of a power up ?? Arthur should indeed be able to survive the fight but I expect him to be injured and escape. I still don't think he is on par with any of the heavy hitters of the sins, maybe even with Excalibur.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-09, 19:50   Link #3642
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Wouldn't t be too much of a power up ?? Arthur should indeed be able to survive the fight but I expect him to be injured and escape. I still don't think he is on par with any of the heavy hitters of the sins, maybe even with Excalibur.
I trust Merlin, who is probably the most intelligent and wisest character of the cast. There's a reason she's putting all her faith in him.

I do agree he's going to end up escaping, but not before showing us power nearly on par with Meliodas. He'll need to be at least this strong to be able to survive against 4 high ranking demons (I assume Chandler is there too even though he isn't mentioned).
Old 2018-02-10, 02:01   Link #3643
marvelB

Huh, I'm a little surprised nobody else mentioned Galan yet. Something I found curious about the summary is that despite it mentioning that Estarossa shattered the statue and released the decree, it didn't actually say that Galan outright died. Perhaps this may imply that he might survive being shattered? He should return to a body of flesh after being released from his own curse, so maybe he can just regenerate the broken parts of himself afterward, granted Esta doesn't decide to finish him off right then and there, lol.

Quote:
(I assume Chandler is there too even though he isn't mentioned).
Well, he could still be out hunting for Elizabeth, though that would admittedly be more difficult now with the archangels around....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 09:59   Link #3644
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, is Galan still alive after Estarossa shattered his frozen body? Or did he die? I do want to know.

As for Arthur. I also believe that Merlin is putting all of her faith in him for a good reason. But that being said, he probably isn't strong enough to beat Meliodas by himself yet. Maybe nearly on par, but not better than that. Though I could be wrong.
Old 2018-02-10, 12:15   Link #3645
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I naturally assumed Estarossa killed Galan to get his decree, as he seemed excited when Zeldoris mentioned it as one of the possible method. Galan is weak as shit at this point anyway, so why would the author leave him alive?
Old 2018-02-11, 15:11   Link #3646
marvelB

Quote:
I naturally assumed Estarossa killed Galan to get his decree, as he seemed excited when Zeldoris mentioned it as one of the possible method. Galan is weak as shit at this point anyway, so why would the author leave him alive?

Remember, one of the conditions of retrieving the decrees is if any of the TC are rendered unable to fight.... not necessarily through death alone. Being turned into an unmoving statue most certainly fits that condition, if you ask me. Also, if Galan were really that unimportant, would he not have been killed off much earlier? According to the summary, we even find out he's still conscious despite being stone, since he's capable of thought. That alone makes me thing that Suzuki may plan for him to survive despite getting smashed to smithereens. Maybe he'll even receive a power-up, though that's admittedly a bit of a long shot.....
Old 2018-02-11, 21:03   Link #3647
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Marvel brings up a pretty good point here I think. Let's wait and see I guess.
Old 2018-02-15, 13:02   Link #3648
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The chapter is out. It didn't change my mind. Galan was only conscious so Suzuki could showcase how cruel Estarossa is.
Old 2018-02-15, 13:15   Link #3649
LevelSeven

^yup, thought the same thing, didnt serve any other purpose
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 16:31   Link #3650
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Likely the case, yes. I'll wait and see before I say anything definite, though.
Old 2018-02-17, 02:57   Link #3651
marvelB

Personally, I'm still a bit suspicious about that scene precisely because Estarossa shattered Galan so quickly. And again, I don't think it's a guarantee he's dead yet, but I'll wait and see....

Anyhoo, spoilers!

Spoiler for 255:
Old 2018-02-17, 09:20   Link #3652
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Excalibur has the powers of all of the past heroes of Britannia who've wielded it before, huh? The sword's OP. I wonder if Chandler, Cusack and Zeldris are really beaten. Maybe they'll get back up later? Either way, I'm looking forward to the fight between Meliodas and Arthur.
Old 2018-02-17, 09:31   Link #3653
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
So Excalibur has the powers of all of the past heroes of Britannia who've wielded it before, huh? The sword's OP. I wonder if Chandler, Cusack and Zeldris are really beaten. Maybe they'll get back up later? Either way, I'm looking forward to the fight between Meliodas and Arthur.
Didn't Garan heal himself when sliced in half by Escanor ?? I think the demons will be fine.

That said, Excalibur's power sure is convenient, not only does Arthur wield the magic power of the predecessors, he also has their skills and experience.
Old 2018-02-17, 09:49   Link #3654
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it's indeed possible that the demons will be fine.
Old 2018-02-17, 11:22   Link #3655
AP24

What I want to know is who is the strongest human now? Arthur or Escanor?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 11:31   Link #3656
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Probably a tie. Need more info.
Old 2018-02-17, 13:17   Link #3657
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
What I want to know is who is the strongest human now? Arthur or Escanor?
Escanor was implied not to be fully human (probably half Goddess), so in that case Arthur wins by default. At least until Ban comes back.

Excalibur is pretty much My Hero Academia's One for All, isn't it?

The demons will obviously survive, but it's still quite a feat Arthur was able to dispatch them so quickly.
Old 2018-02-17, 16:10   Link #3658
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That "One for All" thing reminds me of the The Three Musketeers movie. I watched the original one in French class in high school. [All for one, one for all!]

But yeah, if Escanor is part Goddess, then Arthur wins by default since he's all human and Escanor isn't.

I agree about Arthur dispatching the demons so quickly. Even if they'll still be able to come back, Arthur did good.
Old 2018-02-19, 10:29   Link #3659
SilverGlavenus

My god, Excalibur is a cheat item.
Old 2018-02-19, 16:52   Link #3660
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'm all for Arthur getting a power-up... but him suddenly being able to fight on par with four of the five strongest demons at the same time and without a scratch? Come on now...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen