Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-12-09, 23:18   Link #1
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Audio problem

First i want to mention my audio works. Now here is my problem:

Whenever i have certain animes on ( Forexample Gundam 00 eps 3), When i open other animes The Sound for other anime doesnt work. Its not like this for all animes. One example was of course Gundam 00. I cant have 2 anime on at the same time when one of them is gundam 00 ( well i can have them on but the second one wont have any audio).

So can any one help me out? It doesnt happen all the time but when it does it is anoying.
Old 2007-12-09, 23:20   Link #2
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

1280x720 h264 gundam 00?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
Old 2007-12-10, 11:55   Link #3
martino
makes no files now

I'll just add to hobbes' post... Exactly which group's Gundam is this, better give us the whole filename for the most clues, your operating system, and some basic specs, as well as what player/codec package you are using.
Old 2007-12-18, 03:28   Link #4
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I'll just add to hobbes' post... Exactly which group's Gundam is this, better give us the whole filename for the most clues, your operating system, and some basic specs, as well as what player/codec package you are using.
Well Gundam 00 isnt the only anime. and Also its the highest resolution. So its the 1280x720.

For the codecs i use the manual set up that froth bite has. The same one we used to have on the site. Its in the sticky of how to play fansubs. I followed it exactly as it was.

I personally dont use CCCP because i have had problems with it ( alot that i have). So i do it manually.

Sound: XFI
Video player : MPC
Group: conclave

tell me anything else you need to know. However i dont think its related to the group because its not the only group that this problem has happend for me before.

My thanks in advance.
Old 2007-12-18, 07:15   Link #5
martino
makes no files now

Get the CCCP Insurgent, no, you don't have to install CCCP. Go under Tools -> Test Render and select one of the files that you are having a problem with and post the log here. The more types of releases you run the test render the better, I guess...

As far as I'm aware, Froth-Bite's guide asks you to install basically the same codecs as CCCP does (I used to use it myself, but changed over to CCCP since I had some problems with it myself), minus one or two codecs. Could be a problem with a codec build or some configuration, but we'll see.
Old 2007-12-18, 20:07   Link #6
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Get the CCCP Insurgent, no, you don't have to install CCCP. Go under Tools -> Test Render and select one of the files that you are having a problem with and post the log here. The more types of releases you run the test render the better, I guess...

As far as I'm aware, Froth-Bite's guide asks you to install basically the same codecs as CCCP does (I used to use it myself, but changed over to CCCP since I had some problems with it myself), minus one or two codecs. Could be a problem with a codec build or some configuration, but we'll see.
Thanks alot. The problem doesnt occur all the time but when it does it is anoying. I will post it as soon as i get the log.

Is this what i am supposed to paste here?

Spoiler for log:
Old 2007-12-19, 06:33   Link #7
martino
makes no files now

Oh dear... Oh dear...

The following process that I'm about to suggest could render your Sonic whatever that is useless. However if you prefer it rather than installing CCCP (if you decide to chose this option, then uninstall everything beforehand that you installed with the guide that you used before), then here you go;

1) Reinstall ffdshow just to be sure (make sure you check AAC, Vorbis, AC3, MP1/2/3, DTS, DivX, XviD, H.264/AVC1 decoding when installing)
2) Get the DirectShowFilter Manager from here
3) Open this program
4) Find the following items:
*) ffdshow Video Decoder
*) ffdshow Audio Decoder
5) Select each one of them separately and click on Show filter properties
6) Move the slider in the Filter usage box to Preferred or above and confirm by clicking on Set new merit
7) Now find:
Sonic Cinemaster® MCE Audio Decoder 4.11
Sonic AVC Decoder DMO
8) Do the same for them as described previously, but move the slider to Do not use instead.

Restart your system, test out the new behaviour by playing some videos. And also post another test render, just so that I can be sure that it all worked as it should have.

P.S. Use a player like MPC (make sure to disable its own internal filters like the Subtitle Renderer, AAC, AC3, DTS and others) or ZoomPlayer.

Last edited by martino; 2007-12-19 at 07:05.
Old 2007-12-20, 11:59   Link #8
Eviltape

*looks at my copy of Gundam00 720p.
*looks at your log.

Let me guess, you installed the Sonic Ripper/Burner with Winamp, or something from Roxio.
Old 2007-12-21, 04:36   Link #9
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltape View Post
*looks at my copy of Gundam00 720p.
*looks at your log.

Let me guess, you installed the Sonic Ripper/Burner with Winamp, or something from Roxio.
Well i installed Roxio. But that probably was installed with it. Should i uninstall it ?

Also evil tape can you post your log too ? so i can compare and to see what are the differences?

Quote:
Oh dear... Oh dear...

The following process that I'm about to suggest could render your Sonic whatever that is useless. However if you prefer it rather than installing CCCP (if you decide to chose this option, then uninstall everything beforehand that you installed with the guide that you used before), then here you go;

1) Reinstall ffdshow just to be sure (make sure you check AAC, Vorbis, AC3, MP1/2/3, DTS, DivX, XviD, H.264/AVC1 decoding when installing)
2) Get the DirectShowFilter Manager from here
3) Open this program
4) Find the following items:
*) ffdshow Video Decoder
*) ffdshow Audio Decoder
5) Select each one of them separately and click on Show filter properties
6) Move the slider in the Filter usage box to Preferred or above and confirm by clicking on Set new merit
7) Now find:
Sonic Cinemaster® MCE Audio Decoder 4.11
Sonic AVC Decoder DMO
8) Do the same for them as described previously, but move the slider to Do not use instead.

Restart your system, test out the new behaviour by playing some videos. And also post another test render, just so that I can be sure that it all worked as it should have.

P.S. Use a player like MPC (make sure to disable its own internal filters like the Subtitle Renderer, AAC, AC3, DTS and others) or ZoomPlayer.

Thanks alot for the help. I couldnt find those two decoder you said, thus i couldnt disable it. I am going to try to uninstall roxio and install it back and then do the steps you told me.

Also a question. Do you mean before i install CCCP i should uninstall everything first or if i want to do the manual way you gave me? thanks alot .
Old 2007-12-21, 06:49   Link #10
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
hanks alot for the help. I couldnt find those two decoder you said, thus i couldnt disable it. I am going to try to uninstall roxio and install it back and then do the steps you told me.
Why would you want to do this? Either keep it there as it is, or uninstall it completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Also a question. Do you mean before i install CCCP i should uninstall everything first or if i want to do the manual way you gave me? thanks alot .
The former. More precisely uninstall ffdshow, Haali's Splitter, VSFilter/DirectVobSub and CoreVorbis. And after you've done that, install CCCP.
Old 2007-12-21, 07:48   Link #11
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Why would you want to do this? Either keep it there as it is, or uninstall it completely.

Well i am thinking something might have wrong when i installed roxio. I am using vista so it could be some sort of vista related problem. Some other functions of roxio werent working in the begining and i had to go through web to find fixes. So it could be that.
Old 2007-12-24, 12:01   Link #12
Eviltape

The problem is that Roxio's codec for decoding AAC is in this case useless. If you uninstall Cinemaster or maybe just delete that dll at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared\CinemasterAudio.dll, ffdshow/CCCP's ffdshow should default to the standard decoding codec.

Code:
 Filter 4: Sonic AVC Decoder DMO
Filename: qasf.dll
This bothers me too. ffdshow should be decoding the video too. Gundam 00 uses h264, aka MPEG4 AVC. It might be in your x:\Windows\system32 folder, or \Windows\sysWOW64 if you're running a 64-bit version of Windows.

My log that you asked for. As you will see, I set ffdshow as the default for audio and video decoding.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-24, 12:15   Link #13
martino
makes no files now

That's exactly why I asked him to do those steps, to change the merits of the decoders so that they won't be used. However what's strange was that he couldn't find them in the list...

If the problem still wasn't resolved then I'd suggest first re-installing CCCP and going into settings and try to Reset Settings and Re-Register Filters. Else remove Roxio completely. Going on a frenzy and deleting random, or maybe not so random dlls isn't a very good solution. If you want to go that way then better open up the command prompt and do a regsvr32 /u "C:/path/to/dll.dll" to unregister the dll, and then you should be able to safely delete it. However this could most likely render the piece of software relying on that library useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltape View Post
My log that you asked for. As you will see, I set ffdshow as the default for audio and video decoding.
Spoiler:
Don't really take this log as to "what it should look like", because you don't have some filters loaded, like CCCP would. My suggestion is, if you are using MPC, stop using MPC's internal subtitle renderer, because it is outdated and use external VSFilter (it's not loaded in the render from your log).

Sample of what a "correct" one should look like after installing CCCP (file is not the same, but general specs are)...
Spoiler for log:

Last edited by martino; 2007-12-24 at 12:28.
Old 2007-12-27, 17:20   Link #14
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I have a problem I recently finished downloading [Floser] Blue Drop ep. 9. When I played it, there were no sounds it's just picture. Uh....help?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-12-27, 18:45   Link #15
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I have a problem I recently finished downloading [Floser] Blue Drop ep. 9. When I played it, there were no sounds it's just picture. Uh....help?
A little bit more information would be really... useful you know.

Please do a Test Render with the CCCP Insurgent on the file and post the log here. AniDB seems to have an interesting entry for that file, so I guess providing media information, either from the CCCPI or/and MediaInfo would be of some help too.
Old 2007-12-27, 19:28   Link #16
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Yes this file is seriously broken.

Open Media Player Classic and press o on your keyboard. Then click on the + next to Internal Filters. Finally checkmark MP4/MOV under source filters. Click OK and test play the Floser file.

After watching it, revert this change since it isn't a good solution for future mp4 playback.

If it doesn't work still, then your one of the few who has an MPC build that doesn't work with this fix. Possibly try installing the latest CCCP beta and trying the previous steps with that MPC build.

Or even remux the borked mp4 in mp4box instead. (if you know how)
Old 2008-01-20, 14:42   Link #17
Rasqual Twilight
~Walking on the Milkyway~

I encountered the same problem on ep 9 & later ones; remuxing the streams using Yamb (MP4Box UI) and Matroska Merge, with a 25/1001 framerate solved the issue for me.
On Linux the original .mp4 file had choppy audio in mplayer but was fine in xine however. A shame xine+h264 is fugly here; I guess I'll have to remux the rest of the eps to watch the conclusion of the series comfortably.