AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-10, 09:23   Link #361
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirasawakevin9272 View Post
I believe your right actually, im presuming 06, but i dont think they sell it anymore =(
The traditional ones are the closes one you can get today, which are close to the pre-chambered models. Like the name suggest it is based on the traditional specs, so they are bit different than the 2002s. Pickup are definitely different, you get the 57' Classics instead of the Burstbucker Pro and the neck is bit more rounded (58s neck?), but you get the swiss cheese body, the kluson tuners and classic wiring.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 11:21   Link #362
Hayasa
Fairy Tail & K-ON! Lover!

Hi , just wanted to ask what guitars would be suitable for beginners. Like , no experience with guitars at all? Or can almost any guitar be used by a beginner?

Thanks.
Hayasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 11:40   Link #363
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
It depends on what are you planning to play in the future, there are some great beginner guitars that can be with you forever (at least there are basses that I know that are like that)

I believe a Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster or a Squier Vintage Modified Stratocaster are great for beginners, or you can with Epiphone which are very nice as well (but the good models)

But but but but, if you only starting with guitar I would recommend starting with Classic guitar and learning with a teacher a year or 2 before moving to electric guitar, I know it will be hard and annoying but almost everyone been there and it's the correct way to start playing guitar.
Old 2010-09-10, 12:41   Link #364
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayasa View Post
Hi , just wanted to ask what guitars would be suitable for beginners. Like , no experience with guitars at all? Or can almost any guitar be used by a beginner?

Thanks.
Go into a shop any try out the ones you want, and go for the one you like the best. If you cannot afford it, save up.
Old 2010-09-10, 13:41   Link #365
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Can I get an update about what the K-On damage on everyones' wallets have reached?

By this point in time, I am running at $3000 ... >.<
Wauuu, maybe 1500$ for me instrument wise. If you include the OP/ED singles + bandscores, that's probably another 200$ or so because Canadian custom and duty fees rape meeeee.

Looking into an acoustic guitar instead of Azunyan's Muttan because.... I really do not like electric guitar, lol. There's a couple of nice Canadian brands around here, too, like Seagull and Norman. The problem for me is trying to find one that will complement my voice. *cough*
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Go into a shop any try out the ones you want, and go for the one you like the best. If you cannot afford it, save up.
Lmao, I just wrote an essay about electric vs acoustic guitars for beginners. xD

Yessss, go for the one you're most interested in because it's harder to lose interest that way. A few of my friends stopped 'cause it was "too hard" or whatever excuse they gave me. orz

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 20:22   Link #366
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:

Thanks.
Just don't get something with a whammy bar, it might go out of tune too much and it'll be annoying and troubling when you're trying to learn.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 22:15   Link #367
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Just don't get something with a whammy bar, it might go out of tune too much and it'll be annoying and troubling when you're trying to learn.
That's only if you have a cheaper guitar — I'm thinking something that's around under 400$ at Musician's Friend. I don't really play my electric, which has one, but it takes a while for it to get out of tune. It's more annoying when I don't even touch my classical for a few days and it goes out of tune. Damn nylon strings.

A friend's first guitar had a whammy, but it had a Floyd Rose Bridge so it was okay. Depends on how lucky you are since a music store around him was going out of business and he got the guitar cheap.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-09-11, 06:10   Link #368
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

I have a Japanese Ibanez RG470 with a Floyd Rose and trust me, it goes out of tune :P
Floyd Rose is a headache, I prefer messing with the truss rod alon- who am I kidding? I hate to setup my guitars
Old 2010-09-11, 06:38   Link #369
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
That's only if you have a cheaper guitar
Oh, my bad

Well, I think we all can agree that the guitar Yui got is not for beginners since $3000 is just a big no-no.

Does anybody know how much Azusa's guitar costed? What was it again... A Fender Mustang?
I'm coming up with a list of guitars I want to consider when I improve, and I like the way that one looks over the Gibson :P
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 06:38   Link #370
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

I dont get the fuss about cheap guitars lol, mine never gets out of tune, no upgrades no NOTHIN!! lol that was random... BTW did u like knock your guitar/instrument on somethin? coz that may be the cause or weather conditions, meaning if its like hot it loosens the strings, cold tightens= out of tune lol. just maybe though
Old 2010-09-11, 11:13   Link #371
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Just a random sidenote, playing Rage Against the Machine on guitar/bass or anything feels like having a huge brawl in a pub lol
Old 2010-09-11, 11:21   Link #372
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Oh, my bad

Well, I think we all can agree that the guitar Yui got is not for beginners since $3000 is just a big no-no.

Does anybody know how much Azusa's guitar costed? What was it again... A Fender Mustang?
I'm coming up with a list of guitars I want to consider when I improve, and I like the way that one looks over the Gibson :P
A reisse 69 mustang or original? My guess about $800-$900 for a MIJ reissue and for an original, depends how much the seller wants for it and how much you're willing to pay for it. The 65 reissue, which are listed on fender's site, is listed for $1199.99. So if you're importing the 69 from japan it is probably around $1200, depends what the tax and customs chargers are in your country.
There is no such thing as beginner guitars, only cheap or quality build guitars. That doesn't mean that inexpensive guitars cannot be well made, see for example the old japanese build squiers.
Cheap means poor quality and low price, inexpensive refers only to the price, so the product can have a low to good quality.

Maybe someone should update the first post, since the questions about the instrument have been answered here a couple of times, and people don't seem to like using the search feature.
Old 2010-09-11, 13:42   Link #373
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

The guitar itself doesn't seem so bad depending on where you get it from, but importing is blah. Go to Japan yourself and grab lots of stuff. www
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
I have a Japanese Ibanez RG470 with a Floyd Rose and trust me, it goes out of tune :P
Floyd Rose is a headache, I prefer messing with the truss rod alon- who am I kidding? I hate to setup my guitars
Did you ever lock the nut? And these are string instruments, of course they'll go out of tune eventually. =w=

And I wouldn't want to mess with my rod, lol. Just like how I'm not going to remove all my strings at once when I change them....

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-09-11, 13:56   Link #374
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Guitars are an even bigger pain for me because I have to custom order them to be made left-handed. Took 3 weeks and $450 for my Epiphone Les Paul 100 Cherry Sunburst. From my experience, if you're buying an Epiphone for a first guitar (or ever at all), don't go to the Les Paul 100 because it's cheaper. That extra $50-100 will give you a MUCH better build quality. (I believe the best in Epiphone is the Custom, which goes for about $900, plays very nicely)

I have enough for all these, but I really don't want to spend all of it at once~ a Gibson SG Special Heritage Cherry, a Gibson Les Paul Custom Cherry Sunburst, a rather large Marshall amp, and a BOSS effects pedal board. Ordering/Waiting for those two lefty guitars will be quite fun~

All in all, my budget runs for about $4,500 + taxes. Of course, I play a TON of music so I'm happy to oblige
Old 2010-09-11, 14:44   Link #375
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
The guitar itself doesn't seem so bad depending on where you get it from, but importing is blah. Go to Japan yourself and grab lots of stuff. wwwDid you ever lock the nut? And these are string instruments, of course they'll go out of tune eventually. =w=

And I wouldn't want to mess with my rod, lol. Just like how I'm not going to remove all my strings at once when I change them....
Of course I lock the nut, but this thing goes out of tune kinda often which is annoying.
Old 2010-09-12, 04:17   Link #376
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
Of course I lock the nut, but this thing goes out of tune kinda often which is annoying.
If you're strings are new then it is normal to go out of tune faster.
Old 2010-09-12, 09:01   Link #377
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
A reisse 69 mustang or original?
Hers is the MIJ model, which is slightly smaller and has a painted matching headstock that the US model lacks. Fender's website's prices are nonsense; no one is paying MSRP. It's still not a cheap guitar though. The Japanese model is more reasonable (if you live in japan at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
lol the second guitar store i went to was guitar center, which was less helpful >.> the guy helping me was being the "car salesman" trying to coerced me to buy the fender + fender rumble 75 amp... with buying warranties to try it out for 2 months or other reasons to not not buy it. generally i felt less comfortable.

i might go for an Ursa bass though.
http://www.rondomusic.com/ursa2ltmn3ts.html
my cousin and a few others say its cheaper than squier but sounds better. but will need a decent amp. only bad thing is i cant try it since only new jersey carries them. for 100ish dollars thats rather appealing.
I have an SX guitar and I don't know if I'd really recommend them to a beginner. The designs are pure fender and lot of fender parts drop in and that's great if you have experience doing those kinds of things, but out of the box the set up was terrible, the tuners were about to fall out of the headstock, a string tree was crooked, the nut needed filing ... I'll stop here, but it took some work (like an hour or two, not major work) to make it playable, though it's a decent player now. I don't have one of their basses but it wouldn't be hard to sound better than Squier's affinity basses; those are pretty much bottom rung, but I wouldn't buy an SX bass unless I was planning to make a project out of it.

If you really want a jazz bass you can often find MIM ones used for decent prices in reasonable shape. If not, the Squier classic vibe and vintage modified basses are worth looking at. Of the two, the classic vibe is "closer" to a fender. Basically every part on it is drop-in replacable with MIM-spec parts. The primary difference between it and a mexican fender is that the body is basswood rather than alder or ash, but many japanese fenders are made of basswood.
Old 2010-09-12, 11:45   Link #378
Hayasa
Fairy Tail & K-ON! Lover!

Oh wow. Seems like the world of musical instruments is hard . O.O I mean , with all those tuning and stuff , the caring. + a teacher huh? Is it possible to learn online? :P

Well , I'll see what happens. I have a major exam coming up and plan to buy an instrument later. . STUDY STUDY!
Hayasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 15:13   Link #379
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

I need to study and I never do it
Anyhow it's not hard, you just need to approach it the correct way and it will become easy for you with time.

I want Azusa's Fender Mustang and a Les Paul badly, Gah I'm a bass player and I want a guitar, Mio going Ritsu here!
Old 2010-09-12, 16:34   Link #380
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragma View Post
Hers is the MIJ model, which is slightly smaller and has a painted matching headstock that the US model lacks. Fender's website's prices are nonsense; no one is paying MSRP. It's still not a cheap guitar though. The Japanese model is more reasonable (if you live in japan at least).
Of course it is a MIJ. 65 and 69 are two different models. 65 is the only one you can get at the moment, officially, outside the SE Asia territory. The original 69 had matching headstock. I'm pretty sure the MIJ is based on the normal scale model, 24", unless it has 21 frets, which would be the shorter one 22 1/2".