AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-02, 21:56   Link #2161
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
The easiest way to hoard points is to send some of your Puella Magi to die, let them become a witch, and then kill the resulting witch, resulting in massive level up for everyone. A large bonus is awarded at the end of the game if Walpurgi's Night is killed at a higher level. I believe Walpurgi's Night is always 3 levels higher than your highest levelled Magi, but I have yet to confirm.
Spoiler for obligatory...:

Or maybe I just know I won't beat your score :P
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 00:46   Link #2162
Xacual

Yeah it's quite well made for Kyuube since you have to sacrifice as many magical girls as you can to get max points. Keeping most alive gets you a low score.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 11:17   Link #2163
B2-Lancer

Just wondering whether there's an sneak escape hatch for Mami popping up a second season because as I recall just before she got her head chewn off her last(?) thought was of a door lock being unopened, signifiying her releasing her wrap spell around Homura -- which was silly of her doing to begin with unless she was 'planning' on affecting the game after her death(?). Mami was just too sage and quick to've been put down the way she was to me -- she had seconds to've dodged that jam. An "Obi-wan" sacrifice?? We still don't really know whether her soul gem was actually destroyed either (all we see is her spell being turned off in eating like what happens when they normally turn off their transformations) or whether Homura secretly recovered it of her battle. And you still have cute warm vacant bod stored someplace too...
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:22   Link #2164
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Um, I thought it was very clear that it immediately shows the lock clicking open to release Homura so they wouldn't have to show the chomping itself AKA Mami's death. It went [Charlotte looming over Mami]->[Mami's shocked]->[Homura is unbinded and she realizes what's up]->[Chomp chomp with Mami's body transforming back to her normal appearance].
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 13:25   Link #2165
Kisekai
★★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffo View Post
Um, I thought it was very clear that it immediately shows the lock clicking open to release Homura so they wouldn't have to show the chomping itself AKA Mami's death. It went [Charlotte looming over Mami]->[Mami's shocked]->[Homura is unbinded and she realizes what's up]->[Chomp chomp with Mami's body transforming back to her normal appearance].
I read it the same way you did. It was Mami's death what unbound Homura.
Old 2011-04-03, 13:45   Link #2166
gsilver

Hmm... Difficult game.

Whenever I get a good witch farm going on, that darn Homura resets everything on me.
Old 2011-04-03, 13:49   Link #2167
waffo
25% Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisekai View Post
I read it the same way you did. It was Mami's death what unbound Homura.
I suppose some people are still in denial over Mami...
Old 2011-04-03, 18:53   Link #2168
B2-Lancer

Quote:

But isn't that sequence slightly wrong? The Homura binding spell should've broken after or the moment Mami's bod transformed back (supposed instant of her death), not seconds before when she was surprised. That'd suggest the unlocking frame was willfully done by Mami (to have Homura save the others and why did Homura think that was "impossible"?) in her last moments of life before her head was munched off, showing even in the moment of surprize she was steady-headed enough to do that act (unless she'd a premonition). After seeing how relatively brutual some of this anime's scenes are, I'd be surprised they didn't show the head munching scene because they thought it was "too much" for the fans.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 19:10   Link #2169
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
The Homura binding spell should've broken after or the moment Mami's bod transformed back (supposed instant of her death), not seconds before when she was surprised..
Both probably happened at the same time,we were just shown one after the other.

Quote:
After seeing how relatively brutual some of this anime's scenes are, I'd be surprised they didn't show the head munching scene because they thought it was "too much" for the fans.

Well if you need to see the head get munched just look at the manga version based on the exact same script.
Old 2011-04-03, 19:33   Link #2170
waffo
25% Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Both probably happened at the same time,we were just shown one after the other.

Well if you need to see the head get munched just look at the manga version based on the exact same script.
I swear, the only reason I read the manga is to watched some of the parts in more disturbing detail, like Mami's death scene...or Kyubey's evil grin that gives me nightmares.
Old 2011-04-03, 19:51   Link #2171
NaweG
Just some guy

SO... ANY update on when we can expect Episode 11? We're into April now, and if they are going to have both of them by mid-April I think we'd have to see 11 fairly soon?
Old 2011-04-03, 20:58   Link #2172
Dr. Casey

I'm pretty sure that we haven't been given any updates since Gen said they hope to air them mid-April. SHAFT has such wonderful customer service... hope that I'll be able to regain some of the momentum and enthusiasm that's been lost after being jerked around for a month. The Puella Magi Wiki seems to be the best source for Madoka around, that's where I check for updates.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 21:07   Link #2173
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Hopefully they won't pull a Bakemonogatari and webcast the last 2 episodes... in the space of 6months per ep...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 23:30   Link #2174
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
I swear, the only reason I read the manga is to watched some of the parts in more disturbing detail, like Mami's death scene...or Kyubey's evil grin that gives me nightmares.
I think he was creepier in the anime...there is something about a smiling face that is ten times scarier than an ugly face.

The evil grin says "I am the bad guy" outright. I don't like the change
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 02:56   Link #2175
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Hopefully they won't pull a Bakemonogatari and webcast the last 2 episodes... in the space of 6months per ep...
I still wouldn't put it past them to do so, though.
Old 2011-04-04, 04:27   Link #2176
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
I believe Walpurgi's Night is always 3 levels higher than your highest levelled Magi, but I have yet to confirm.
And here I was wondering why every timeline so far ended in a Pyrrhic victory...

The wait is becoming unbearable indeed. Unless studio_ise's tweet was downright trolling (or unless (s)he watched episode 12 in rough sketches and storyboards, but writing about it is trolling nonetheless), the production should be over. What now? Addendums and fixes? I beg of you, Shaft, leave them for DVD. If they're all as significant as in ep 10, we WON'T die without them until autumn. MBS being a *beep*? I really fail to imagine how these guys can't find room for the FINAL episodes of the show that should have INSANE ratings by now. As sponsors, they should be getting at least some bits of the DVD pie as well, so why try to sink this ship now? I still don't believe in content issues because of: a) Onii-chan no Koto (but you already know about that) and b) my firm bet that all destruction takes place inside the barrier, not in the city. At least, make a poll or something, if you're so hesitant! Those Japanese who care about the show will opt to watch it regardless of any scenes; those who don't... will see neither the show nor the poll itself.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 05:44   Link #2177
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
MBS being a *beep*? I really fail to imagine how these guys can't find room for the FINAL episodes of the show that should have INSANE ratings by now.

Except the show doesn't have insane ratings,they're good for a late night show,between 2% and 3%, but far from "insane".
Old 2011-04-04, 09:11   Link #2178
xizro345
King's Justice

IMO the reason is simple: MBS doesn't want to air it, period. And since they had a hand in production/sponsoring they probably have an exclusive deal (that would explain the fact that Nico streams were one week later), which is supposedly going away soon, since, unless it has changed, AT-X is going to start reruns soon. Until that is done forget any way to see the last two episodes.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 09:39   Link #2179
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
Except the show doesn't have insane ratings,they're good for a late night show,between 2% and 3%, but far from "insane".
oh, my slip here. Although I suspect that if they announced episode 11 airing in several HOURS, a good number people would be subscribing to mobile TV instantly if they're away from home.

Quote:
IMO the reason is simple: MBS doesn't want to air it, period. And since they had a hand in production/sponsoring they probably have an exclusive deal (that would explain the fact that Nico streams were one week later), which is supposedly going away soon, since, unless it has changed, AT-X is going to start reruns soon. Until that is done forget any way to see the last two episodes.
It's an obvious "a dog guarding a haystack" situation then. And if MBS has this exclusive deal and refuses to proceed with its part, Shaft might as well break the contract right away. Of course, one could argue that they were first to lose the deadline on their part... but I believe the term "force major" is still valid among lawyers? Now, MBS, try to explain what force major is bugging you. Unwillingness to air destruction scenes a month after the quake? Fail; see my post above concerning polls. Not to mention we're speaking about a late night show, not a prime time one exposed for the whole nation to stumble upon at an accidental click. Something tells me the night slots might be airing things much gloomier (say, some J-horror movies or whatever), but they aren't publicized enough to draw attention. Madoka seems to be, though.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 09:50   Link #2180
vdaysnowstorm

Are they still planning to air the last eps in April? Or is that still up in the air?
vdaysnowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen