AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-17, 00:43   Link #141
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
This isn't entirely true. Even after Kaname saved Yuuki from that random vampire on chapter 1 (yuuki was like what? 5/6 yrs old?). He's been constantly visiting her from time to time as said in some flashback in one chapter (can remember what chapter it is). The thing that put distance on their relationship is because Yuuki saw Kaname sucking Rukas blood. (because Kaname can handle his crave for blood anymore and just sucked Ruka's so that he won't suck Yuuki's blood.)

and iirc; Zero came in around 4 years before the start of the story. Making Yuuki like (10-11) yrs old when they met. So as much memory or whatever Yuuki has for zero; it's just on equal terms on Kaname. Just that; Zero has more screentime than Kaname on the manga. >_>.
You don't get what I'm saying about him being around do you? How many hours/minutes is he with her during a year? Enough to be an on scene protector like you're making him out to be or a back stage protector? He is mainly a back stage protector, but at times have been on the scene.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 01:24   Link #142
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
You don't get what I'm saying about him being around do you? How many hours/minutes is he with her during a year? Enough to be an on scene protector like you're making him out to be or a back stage protector? He is mainly a back stage protector, but at times have been on the scene.
Kaname can't be around her 24/7 like Zero because he is after all a publicly known vampire while Yuuki is not. They must be segregated as per school regulation. Despite that hurdle, Kaname does all he can to watch over her from a distance. He uses his status as a pure blood to protect her despite knowing that this would put his own reputation and self in danger among other vampires. Also, Kaname knows that Zero is there and as he told him, Zero is her shield during times he cannot act. Furthermore, Kaname is playing politics with the ancient council and greater vampires off screen to protect Yuuki from even greater danger.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 11:04   Link #143
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
. Zero has only recently come to apreciate and value how much Yuuki means to him while Kaname has always been watching over her.
That's not entirely true, Zero has had feelings for yuki for some time now, at the same time he doesn't follow through with his feelings because he has come to believe that Yuki loves kaname and it would be futile to approach her in a romantic way and of course he also has his own problems to deal with first
I'm waiting for yuki to snap out of it and come to reality and realize how much, much more she cares for Zero then that other crappy pure blooded vampire.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 11:11   Link #144
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Kaname can't be around her 24/7 like Zero because he is after all a publicly known vampire while Yuuki is not. They must be segregated as per school regulation. Despite that hurdle, Kaname does all he can to watch over her from a distance. He uses his status as a pure blood to protect her despite knowing that this would put his own reputation and self in danger among other vampires. Also, Kaname knows that Zero is there and as he told him, Zero is her shield during times he cannot act. Furthermore, Kaname is playing politics with the ancient council and greater vampires off screen to protect Yuuki from even greater danger.
yeah I agree ..

I think we will see more about kaname and Yukki togater , specially kanami ..
who knows maybe the mangaka save the last chapters to tell us about kanami past...

also we might see his true feeling toward Yuuki ..

about zero I think his teacher " I mean the Hunter " and the chairman of the academy ..
they might have something to make zero stable ..cuz they did
ask him .. form which person did he drink blood !!

also I think Aidou may have some rules later with the other vampires ..
Aidou love kanami and he's always keep saying I'll protect him ...
cuz he didn't like the sorrow in his eyes ...etc

and because of that, he's taking care of yuuki like the others..
even if he didn't like her ..

till now we don't know anything ..we need to know more about kanami..
also if he's gonna spend more times withe yuuki we might know more about
the two of them ...

I think Yuuki the key to kill Rido ..so kanami may help her to control her power
and because of that she might spend more time with him ..

I'm not sure who will help her to control her power but ...it might be kanami
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:11   Link #145
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Some interesting speculation going on I think the next chapter we are going to get some juicy answers. Im at a loss to see how Yuuki is going to act now after what happen with Zero. Kaname is not going to freely let her go and because of Zero's actions Yuuki naturally would seek solice with Kaname. I agree also that Yuuki might hold some key to defeating Rido. At this point i cant see this ending with everyone still alive though we might we get a surprise with Yuuki, Kaname and Zero all surviving.

btw anyone who's caught up with the manga and has seen the OP anime, have you caught the hint they have given about Yuuki in it?

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-04-17 at 16:22.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:45   Link #146
Queeny
<3

@@"

wait at the end of the Op ..
I only see the knight standing in the Chess !!!

Oh my does it mean zero !! <_< !!

I can't see it clearly but it is the knight ...
Old 2008-04-17, 20:44   Link #147
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Here take a look at these.

This is fairly obvious Yuki drinking blood with the reflection of zero pointing a gun at her. Also what you just mentioned about the Knight think about Zero's heritage.

This is the major one that took me a min to put together. First look at what chess piece is used and now think about we just found out about Yuuki in the recent chapter including her and Kaname's blood line. Next, look at how the chains are almost BINDING or SEALING around Yuuki. Now think about what her mother did to save her life in the past.

These scenes make me think the animes is going to follow the manga almost exactly. The second image takes a bit to think about most people missed it because it goes by so fast in the OP.
Old 2008-04-17, 21:07   Link #148
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

mangaka might throw us in a loop and end with Kaname x Zero. in which case i will promptly gouge my eyes out.

beside it being blatantly obvious that Zero has a thing for Yuuki, i can't really speculate much more on whats going to happen next because the chapter ends on a firm note, not a cliff hanger. only a few more days until 39

well, if it follows the manga exactly, they'll end up stopping half way through the peak of the chapters we've read thus far
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 21:39   Link #149
Queeny
<3

hmmm

ok I did saw it ..the chains was like a seal ... also we can see the Queen piece
inside those chains ...

the queen piece as I know powerful in the Chess !!
so it's Yuuki because her Vampire power ..so that's what was in the past ..
and then , the fact Yuuki was running away form kanami exactly when her memories
was sealed by her mother ..." I mean she was afraid from him at first "
but then she get used to everything and love kanami again ...

The other thing....
when she drink the blood " that when she finally drink kanami blood "
but ...

Quote:
This is fairly obvious Yuki drinking blood with the reflection of zero pointing a gun at her
Ok .... the piece in front of zero was the knight !! so why did they make him
shoot it ??

as we say zero is the knight ...!! I didn't get it ...

zero pointing a gun at her it's make me remember when Yuuki become a vampire
she did go to see zero but he point the gun at her !!

but still why he shoot the knight piece ??!! X3

Last edited by Queeny; 2008-04-17 at 21:55.
Old 2008-04-17, 22:27   Link #150
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Put it this way

Kaname and Yuuki's clan are descended from the original Vampire King before there was a council. Technically Yuuki is royalty and since the only surviving male of the clan is Kaname that basically makes him king which in turn would make Yuuki a Queen

The chains represent Yuuki having her vampire powers and nature sealed or bound by her mother to protect her, hence the queen piece being bound by chains.

Yuuki drinking the blood can be repersented as her vampire status or for when she finally drank blood of her own accored and it happen to be Kanames also in the OP you see her kissing someones hand its Kanames. Zero reflection is obviously refrence to someone who he once loved has become the thing he despises the most in the world not to mention in the last chapter he pulled a gun on her.

If Yuuki is the QUEEN and Kaname is the KING that would make Zero a KNIGHT.
Old 2008-04-17, 23:56   Link #151
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
If Yuuki is the QUEEN and Kaname is the KING that would make Zero a KNIGHT.
I wouldn't say IF, I would say definitely. It's quite obvious now that Yuuki is Queen, Kaname is the King, and Zero is the Knight. This also makes sense why most of the story focuses on Zero (*points to the title*).

Kaname and Yuuki vs. Rido and Shizuka is basically the battle over the royal throne. Kaname killed the former Queen Shizuka and I think Rido wants Yuuki as his Queen. (That's why he had wanted her to drink his blood but Kaname beats him to the punch. Since Kaname's blood now flows in Yuuki and he is the "master" that awakens her, she might be stuck to him but we'll see.) It seems that maybe the Queen is the one who holds the most power in a vampire clan (at least in VK) because Rido did say that Shizuka wouldn't have been easy for him to tame anyways, so he wasn't as bothered by her death.

Zero's reaction to Yuuki after she became a vampire...well, all I can say is I'm glad he is where he is because that boy needs the time to think. Yuuki has done a lot for him ever since they knew each other over the 4+ years. I hope he realizes that and remember what Kaname told him that Yuuki would never betray him.

Kaname knows quite well how strongly Yuuki feels about Zero. I think when Kaname allowed Zero to drink his blood, he basically threw all his dignity and pride out the window for Yuuki's sake. That's admirable.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-18, 01:15   Link #152
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Kaname knows quite well how strongly Yuuki feels about Zero. I think when Kaname allowed Zero to drink his blood, he basically threw all his dignity and pride out the window for Yuuki's sake. That's admirable.
I see it as like killing two birds in one stone. I mean; Kaname let Zero drink his blood cause he knows how strong Yuuki feels for zero. And he wouldn't let her beloved Yuuki to end up in despair lol. I don't even think Kaname hates Zero; just that Yuuki loves to stick around Zero so much. Well it's quite good since like what you said; Zero acts as her shield for her cause Kaname can't be always w/ her. And at the same time; Because of Kaname; Zero now has a big debt to him (because his transformation to a level-E went slower). (Just goes to show how manipulative Kaname is; but in a good way; albeit misleading).
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 15:56   Link #153
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
I see it as like killing two birds in one stone. I mean; Kaname let Zero drink his blood cause he knows how strong Yuuki feels for zero. And he wouldn't let her beloved Yuuki to end up in despair lol. I don't even think Kaname hates Zero; just that Yuuki loves to stick around Zero so much. Well it's quite good since like what you said; Zero acts as her shield for her cause Kaname can't be always w/ her. And at the same time; Because of Kaname; Zero now has a big debt to him (because his transformation to a level-E went slower). (Just goes to show how manipulative Kaname is; but in a good way; albeit misleading).
I don't think he allowing Zero to drink his blood is something Kaname has as part of his plan. It was probably something he did spontaneously because he didn't want to see Yuuki get hurt or being used that way. It's basically an action that stems from his love for her. He reacted to protect her. Kaname is manipulative but I don't think his intentions were done out of selfishness. All that he's done so far was for the better of the clan or mostly for Yuuki.

It was really well portrayed in the anime at the end of ep2 when Kaname talked about Zero's condition - you can tell (at least to me) that Kaname does feel a bit of sympathy for Zero. I think Kaname dislikes the idea, and the pureblood vampires that do this, of turning humans into vampires.

Edit: I don't know, perhaps it's just me, but I get the impression that Kaname is quite a misunderstood character - both among the manga characters themselves and the readers.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2008-04-18 at 19:12.
Old 2008-04-18, 20:38   Link #154
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Edit: I don't know, perhaps it's just me, but I get the impression that Kaname is quite a misunderstood character - both among the manga characters themselves and the readers.
It's not just you. I feel people are too quick to judge him as well. It shows quite a bit in the anime thread. I mean there have been only two episodes and people are hating Kaname when he hasn't even done anything much in anime so far. I think some (not all) people dislike him simply because he is Zero's rival for Yuuki's affection. At least that's what it seems like on the anime thread. Manga readers have more info and so may dislike him for various reasons, but anime-only fans baffle me so far....

Last edited by Kaijin; 2008-04-18 at 22:24.
Kaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 02:35   Link #155
Queeny
<3

Cool

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
It's not just you. I feel people are too quick to judge him as well. It shows quite a bit in the anime thread. I mean there have been only two episodes and people are hating Kaname when he hasn't even done anything much in anime so far. I think some (not all) people dislike him simply because he is Zero's rival for Yuuki's affection. At least that's what it seems like on the anime thread. Manga readers have more info and so may dislike him for various reasons, but anime-only fans baffle me so far....
Indeed !!!
why did they hate them from only 2 Ep ??

most of my friends hate kanami and only love zero , exept 3 of them they
just like me and they know that kanami is a misunderstood character ...

I'm really waiting to see more about kanami , so I hope HINO tell us more
about him
Old 2008-04-19, 02:54   Link #156
Kai Yukari

Here I thought anime-only viewers would dislike Zero (since he is coming across as an emo character) being a Zero-shipper, it was my utmost fear. But this news of Kaname being disliked? That's a surprise, hmmm... he's uber charismatic in the initial 2 eps so far, I can only think that they have gained knowledge from the manga.
Kai Yukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 03:31   Link #157
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

What Zero has going for him in the anime so far (and manga for that matter) is that we know a lot more about his past and other details than Kaname. This is especially true with the first 2 anime episodes. Because the anime-only watchers know about Zero's tragic history they come to sympathize with him more. While Kaname comes off as a "rich boy" living a "sheltered" life and acting all arrogant against Zero. In other words, I think most like Zero because they sympathize him; pity for the poor and prejudice against the rich kind of idea.

I will bet that if the manga gave Kaname a tragic past like Zero, show him struggle like Zero, I'm sure more readers and anime-only viewers would come to like Kaname equally as much. Unfortunately, that's not the case. And like I said before, even until now there is not much known about Kaname; and what people don't know, they don't sympathize and are suspicous, which results in dislike more than like. But that's my personal observation.

Zero's emo-ness is not senseless emo. He has a very good reason for his emo - and showing his constant struggle helps him. That's why that factor hasn't been a negative issue against him. One negative side is that he fails to actually make some kind of effort to better his situation - but a lot don't see that aspect or doesn't consider it very important. To me, that one negative is what makes me go T_T at him sometimes.

I've read and analysed the manga. I still don't understand why people dislike Kaname so much. He hasn't done anything bad at all. Sure he has some plan going on and he is manipulative at times but have you ever consider that he has to do all this to ensure the safety of the peace treaty, his clan, and the woman he loves? Being manipulative and scheming isn't always bad. It is the reason for the scheme and manipulation that makes it bad or not. And so far, I don't get the impression that Kaname's personal reason is ill intended.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-19, 09:45   Link #158
Kai Yukari

Quote:
Zero's emo-ness is not senseless emo. He has a very good reason for his emo - and showing his constant struggle helps him. That's why that factor hasn't been a negative issue against him. One negative side is that he fails to actually make some kind of effort to better his situation - but a lot don't see that aspect or doesn't consider it very important. To me, that one negative is what makes me go T_T at him sometimes.

I've read and analysed the manga. I still don't understand why people dislike Kaname so much. He hasn't done anything bad at all. Sure he has some plan going on and he is manipulative at times but have you ever consider that he has to do all this to ensure the safety of the peace treaty, his clan, and the woman he loves? Being manipulative and scheming isn't always bad. It is the reason for the scheme and manipulation that makes it bad or not. And so far, I don't get the impression that Kaname's personal reason is ill intended.
I agree, poor Zero's going through a lot right now I want him to receive more love!!! I believe that most of those people who dislike Kaname are those that see him as a threat to YuukixZero. The recent developments have shown more of Kaname's past and I'm liking him more and more (not as much as Zero though ) because of his devotion to Yuuki. I hope Zero reconciles with his feelings, he needs to be strong now more than ever.
Kai Yukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 16:27   Link #159
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Yukari View Post
I agree, poor Zero's going through a lot right now I want him to receive more love!!! I believe that most of those people who dislike Kaname are those that see him as a threat to YuukixZero. The recent developments have shown more of Kaname's past and I'm liking him more and more (not as much as Zero though ) because of his devotion to Yuuki. I hope Zero reconciles with his feelings, he needs to be strong now more than ever.
Hating Kaname just because he's a love rival is just a pathetic excuse. T_T The guy isn't bad, so give him a break just because he also loves Yuuki - long before Zero, might I add. If anything, Kaname's love for Yuuki has withstand a lot. I'm sure Kaname knows the danger of Zero as his rival but his action towards Zero has not been anything but courteous, even when Yuuki isn't there.

Another thing, I've read posts where people are saying Kaname is selfish. Seriously, what has he done so far that is selfish? All his scheming I find has been for protecting Yuuki, his clan, and the pacifist treaty. He gave blood to Zero (his rival), he told Zero to protect the woman he loves when he could not (now for a guy in love like Kaname, that's saying a lot), and despite his vampire guardians around Kaname does fight his battle alone (ie. Rido) trying his best to protect Yuuki from it.

The one most selfless thing Kaname has been trying to do was let Yuuki live as a human, so as to save her from the tragic fate of a vampire, the horror of her past, and to fulfill his promise to her parents. It must be extremely difficult for him because he knows that this way he may lose her. But because of Rido and circumstances he had to turn her back to a vampire. Although he rejoices that she is now back at his side, I'm sure he feels regret and guilt for having done so. That's why Kaname had such a sad expression during the scene he turned her back.

Some may mistake Kaname's cool, aloof interaction with Yuuki as indication that he doesn't love her as much (hell, some even went so far to think that he's using Yuuki ) but a misunderstanding it is indeed! Kaname avoids revealing his feelings for Yuuki and become anymore intimate because that would raise others suspicion of Yuuki, which may lead to those other vampires uncovering the truth about Yuuki and their past. Kaname's action is all to help keep their past a secret but even then they still suspect - after all, a guy as much in love as Kaname can only be so "cold" to the object of his desire.

Zero needs Yuuki, that we can obviously see, but what has Zero offered Yuuki in return? Kaname also needs Yuuki as the only woman he has ever loved and he has done a good deal for her already.

I'm not saying Zero is bad (I like the guy almost as much as Kaname - just that I want Zero to get his ass in gear and do something about his situation) but I'd just like to say that Kaname has so far been unfairly judged.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-19, 17:35   Link #160
Queeny
<3

Talking

Quote:
Hating Kaname just because he's a love rival is just a pathetic excuse. T_T The guy isn't bad, so give him a break just because he also loves Yuuki - long before Zero, might I add. If anything, Kaname's love for Yuuki has withstand a lot. I'm sure Kaname knows the danger of Zero as his rival but his action towards Zero has not been anything but courteous, even when Yuuki isn't there.

Another thing, I've read posts where people are saying Kaname is selfish. Seriously, what has he done so far that is selfish? All his scheming I find has been for protecting Yuuki, his clan, and the pacifist treaty. He gave blood to Zero (his rival), he told Zero to protect the woman he loves when he could not (now for a guy in love like Kaname, that's saying a lot), and despite his vampire guardians around Kaname does fight his battle alone (ie. Rido) trying his best to protect Yuuki from it.

The one most selfless thing Kaname has been trying to do was let Yuuki live as a human, so as to save her from the tragic fate of a vampire, the horror of her past, and to fulfill his promise to her parents. It must be extremely difficult for him because he knows that this way he may lose her. But because of Rido and circumstances he had to turn her back to a vampire. Although he rejoices that she is now back at his side, I'm sure he feels regret and guilt for having done so. That's why Kaname had such a sad expression during the scene he turned her back.

Some may mistake Kaname's cool, aloof interaction with Yuuki as indication that he doesn't love her as much (hell, some even went so far to think that he's using Yuuki ) but a misunderstanding it is indeed! Kaname avoids revealing his feelings for Yuuki and become anymore intimate because that would raise others suspicion of Yuuki, which may lead to those other vampires uncovering the truth about Yuuki and their past. Kaname's action is all to help keep their past a secret but even then they still suspect - after all, a guy as much in love as Kaname can only be so "cold" to the object of his desire.

Zero needs Yuuki, that we can obviously see, but what has Zero offered Yuuki in return? Kaname also needs Yuuki as the only woman he has ever loved and he has done a good deal for her already.

I'm not saying Zero is bad (I like the guy almost as much as Kaname - just that I want Zero to get his ass in gear and do something about his situation) but I'd just like to say that Kaname has so far been unfairly judged.
God Bless you XD

I think only 2 days from now till the new CH out .....
Can't wait to know more details X3

Tags
manga