AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-06, 14:14   Link #21
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
wonder why they named the show Sexy Commando Gaiden? Is there a "main story" of it since this is a "side story"?
Hah. I didn't even notice that.

Hmmm. Maybe its a joke on the fact that it's the only story. (Provided that's a fact. I don't know.)

Yes, I'm an idiot.

-k
Old 2004-04-06, 20:24   Link #22
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I thought the title referred to the club. Early in the series they were practicing their Sexy Commando moves, and there was that odd battle involving some sort of rocket launcher. IIRC the club is just a hangout for the guys to be Sexy Commandoes - they weren't researching manga or school uniforms or idol singers or anything.
Old 2004-04-07, 05:06   Link #23
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Just noticed something, anyone knows if there's any connection between the music staff of Sexy Commando and that of Godanner? I think the "Yoroshiku Kamen" song in Sexy Commando sounds quite similar to the Godanner theme song, and there are a coupe other musics that sound almost the same... I checked the music staff but it seems they are different, is it just a coincidence?
Old 2004-04-07, 11:51   Link #24
jennwenn

Quote:
wonder why they named the show Sexy Commando Gaiden? Is there a "main story" of it since this is a "side story"?
Sexy Commando aired on the variety show "Wonderful", the same show that the delightfully weird Colorful (released by ADV) played in for a while. Maybe its a "side story" because its not related to the rest of the programming of Wonderful? I'm just guessing here. Maybe its all just a joke...

Last edited by jennwenn; 2004-04-07 at 12:01.
Old 2004-04-07, 19:34   Link #25
stpehen
kisses for all

The "Gaiden" appeared in the title of the manga. It's just a joke. There is no "main" Sugoi yo Masaru-san story. It was Kyosuke Usuta's first big manga.
Old 2004-04-09, 12:38   Link #26
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
The "Gaiden" appeared in the title of the manga. It's just a joke. There is no "main" Sugoi yo Masaru-san story. It was Kyosuke Usuta's first big manga.
Manga eh? That reminds me that I once read a very well drawn (naughty) doujinshi which had the angry octopus. Did he ever do one of those?

It's embarassing that I can't remember which one it was... it might have been the "IF" doujinshi based on the Oh my Goddess anime. A google search doesnt' turn up much on this sorta thing. *^_^*

-k

curious
Old 2004-06-30, 22:20   Link #27
tiktokfx
Starving Artist

Send a message via AIM to tiktokfx
I'm not quite sure why this series doesn't get more attention.

I know it's really random, but that's what makes it so freaking hilarious.

Just watched Episode 30, and I swear, this show cracks me the hell up.
Old 2004-06-30, 22:42   Link #28
babbito2k
annoying white bat

The conclusion to the baseball game was... conclusive... I was impressed. I can't remember why the game was played...

I guess it's time for a new story arc - it would be nice to see some fresh faces, as "Torepan" is a real bummer.
Old 2004-07-01, 02:50   Link #29
hayama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkar
They also say "Cleanup Princess."
Actually that's "Cleanup Clean Mrs."
Old 2004-07-01, 11:46   Link #30
tiktokfx
Starving Artist

Send a message via AIM to tiktokfx
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
The conclusion to the baseball game was... conclusive... I was impressed. I can't remember why the game was played...
The baseball coach was being a jerk about how much money the principal had allocated to the Moustache club.

The expression on their advisor when the coach weasels out of paying up was priceless though.
Old 2004-07-01, 12:04   Link #31
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
#30 was funny. There's no rule against eye beaming!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayama
Actually that's "Cleanup Clean Mrs."
Really?! Damn. I've been saying the wrong thing when I have my own Sexy Commando Club meeting.
Old 2004-07-01, 15:06   Link #32
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
...can anyone tell me the background to that song Masaru was singing towards the end? Its from some old Japanese kids show, isnt it? :P
Old 2004-09-29, 03:12   Link #33
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Seems the series has been hijacked by another subber, guess sexy-bu is too slow...

The original subber is going to release 31 soon though.
Old 2005-12-21, 10:10   Link #34
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Is sexy commando liscenced?

I thought it was but upon finding it on Animesuki, i'm not sure.

Well, I can't really find any information about any company liscening that anime so i guess its not?

Also about these DVDs...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...761012-7470710

Erm, those are purely japanese DVDs right? Any subs? No I presume?

Crap, there isn't the full torrent for all episodes around =S.
Old 2005-12-21, 10:54   Link #35
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix
I thought it was but upon finding it on Animesuki, i'm not sure.

Well, I can't really find any information about any company liscening that anime so i guess its not?
Hi.

A couple of things. First, if you have a licensing question or if you want to check to see if a show is licensed, please look through the License Database. They do a great job at keeping that database up to date. You can find that off the main page under Help & Info:

From what I can tell and from all my research via Google, it is not licensed (or it wouldn't be in Suki's BT index).

They look like R2 releases, but I wouldn't know if they have Subs or not. Maybe somebody that can read Japanese can help you with that.

Second thing you might want to do next time before posting, is Search to see if there's an existing thread you can post in. And SHAZAM!@!, there is...

- Sexy Commando Discussion

That's an old thread and the information is out of date, but it's probably where you should have asked. Cheers.
Old 2005-12-21, 13:55   Link #36
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

The R2 DVDs are not subtitled and have no extras, but they are cheap. I've got all three of them, and I'm amazed that they even have menus as they're that bare bones.
Old 2005-12-23, 17:15   Link #37
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
In fact (I doubt this is a spoiler, I didn't read it myself) chapter 77 and 78 (of 79 in total) of the manga are called "Sexy Commando den [1]" and "[2]", using the "den" from "gaiden". It translates to "The legend of Sexy Commando", but can of course also be read as "Sexy Commando: The Real Story". So I guess there is a "real story"

I think this was also answered before the forum hack, but since that's lost now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
...can anyone tell me the background to that song Masaru was singing towards the end? Its from some old Japanese kids show, isnt it? :P
Yeah, it's from Kiteretsu Daihyakka (Kiteretsu Encyclopedia), a rather old (March 1988 to June 1996) kids show created by the same manga-ka as Doraemon. The song is called "Oryouri koushinkyoku", "The Cooking March", and is the 6th opening song, used in episodes 171 to 331 (which marked the end of the show).

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
Old 2006-02-05, 22:11   Link #38
Lucas

AniemReactorDK has continued subbing the series! But the number of seeds seems to be low... very low...
Old 2006-02-20, 06:03   Link #39
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

this show is pretty crazy on the dumbest level. if you havnt laughed by episode 2, better give up now.

but i like. its pretty good. even though there are lots of episodes they are all real short.

i think the main hero is the same guy in honey and clover?
Old 2006-04-07, 17:31   Link #40
chillipep
Stay Green!

I only found out about this series a few weeks ago when browsing through BestAnime.
I find it totally hilarious and my brother really loves it. I do crave the random nonsense comedy shonen anime. Though ever since I discovered Junichi Kanemaru does Fummin's voice I keep thinking "SONIC!" everytime Fummin speaks.

At the beginning of episode 10 there were a parody of old Sega video game characters. I only got Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone and Alex Kidd. The rest I just couldn't get... ^^;
Closed Thread