AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-03, 04:52   Link #61
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

80% of the time was nothing but yadayadayada inside the student council room...and barely has any plot or storyline,except the same repetition of lines by Sugisaki....and the parodies were kinda meh...and kinda disappointed with the animation style which is different from the SnI posters and scans that i collected,and from the images on the anime website...

But all in all,wasn't really that bad...seeing the relation between the student president and Sugisaki kinda reminds me of Nagase and Yuuhi from Akasaka...gonna give this series a few more episodes before deciding whether i wanna drop this or not.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 18:47   Link #62
Silvanoshei
ぜんぴょう☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
80% of the time was nothing but yadayadayada inside the student council room...and barely has any plot or storyline,except the same repetition of lines by Sugisaki....and the parodies were kinda meh...and kinda disappointed with the animation style which is different from the SnI posters and scans that i collected,and from the images on the anime website...

But all in all,wasn't really that bad...seeing the relation between the student president and Sugisaki kinda reminds me of Nagase and Yuuhi from Akasaka...gonna give this series a few more episodes before deciding whether i wanna drop this or not.
I'm digging the animation style in けんぷファー Kämpfer this fall. Really well done, still have to see how the story goes though.
Silvanoshei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 20:22   Link #63
Raiga
tl;dr

Pettanko.

... pettanko.
Old 2009-10-03, 20:33   Link #64
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Saw the first ep and I personally felt it was quite funny, although a lot of others have said that it wasn't. It all depends on your tastes.

Pettanko.
Old 2009-10-04, 05:17   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Subs are out by gg.

It's not a bad first episode, so i'll stick with it. The references are pretty funny, plus i quite like how the five of them interact with one another. Plus it is just another show where i can play spot the reference.

Pettanko. Pettanko. Pettanko.
Old 2009-10-04, 05:51   Link #66
d-one

pettanko.

okay, now pettanko becoming meme in here
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 08:02   Link #67
Chrono Helix

It's silly and funny and the girls are hot.

I like this show.
Old 2009-10-04, 08:45   Link #68
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Love how the dynamic is used. This is one of my interested anime this season, the only cure for the yuri winter
Old 2009-10-04, 08:58   Link #69
bbee

Eh, so much hate and ad hominem in this thread

Comedy is always hit-and-miss, with the bullseye being different for everyone. It's especially difficult for parody shows with lots of references, and 4th wall breaking shows..
Personally I thought it was pretty light hearted and it had a lot of funny moments. In no way a masterpiece but still a very enjoyable watch. 6/10 based on the first episode (my average rating for all anime is ~5).

It could go downhill very fast if they get bogged down with the same repetitive jokes about harems, but let's not assume that will happen. I know they joke about not following the manga in this ep, but is there any actual character development or story advancement coming up? On the other hand, if they innovate and push the humor a bit, they may not even need any.
Old 2009-10-04, 10:55   Link #70
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I swear on one line that is epic :

Keionbu! Castanets-to, OK!(Light music club. Castanets. Pass!)

Pettanko. Un-tan. Pettanko. Un-tan. Pettanko. Un-tan. Pettanko. Un-tan.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 11:01   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Rofl this anime is hilarious though .

Some parodies . And the characters are likeable .
Lol Sugi with the harem and love .

Yeah this part was great ! "Pettanko" "Approved"
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 11:15   Link #72
Wrath88
Kissing...

To echo just about everyone above me: Pettanko.

HAREM YAY.
Old 2009-10-04, 11:21   Link #73
Fishfood1

i did overall enjoy the first episode... but i feel that if they just do the similar things in every episode, it could end up being pretty boring for me.

i'll follow for a few epis to see how things turns out.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 11:28   Link #74
aulzon

I really like random and reference anime, so the first episode was pretty hilarious to me (at least some moments, there were some overtop humour that weren't as funny).

The only thing I don't like is the guy keeps on hammering on about his harem. I wonder it will actually be a harem or it's one of those situations where he is only a comedic sidekick like they said.

Last edited by aulzon; 2009-10-04 at 12:03.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 12:31   Link #75
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
i did overall enjoy the first episode... but i feel that if they just do the similar things in every episode, it could end up being pretty boring for me.
That's what I fear...
First episode was quite fun. It's not a masterpiece but it's enjoyable as bbee says.
Old 2009-10-04, 12:41   Link #76
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

why is this in the unaired section still?

yeah, I like it a lot. comedy and good character designs might raise it above a few animes..we'l see
Old 2009-10-04, 13:25   Link #77
Dop
Mmmm....

I think they've surpassed Lucky Star for the 'how many references can we use in a single episode' award here.
Very very silly indeed, and if they can keep making me laugh that much then I'll keep watching.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 14:23   Link #78
matteas
Member Member

I really like anime with a lot of references so this one is a must-watch for me. Judging from the first episode, this will definitely compete with series like Lucky Star or Hayate no Gotoku when it comes to references.

Spoiler for My favorite references in the first episode::
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 14:34   Link #79
billborden

Talking 4th wall! We don't need no stinking 4th wall!

The first episode was hilarious, particularly the opening; there are suggestions of the special shorts in Mahoromaticwhen they talk about being made into an anime. It does remind me heavily of the "name that reference" game from Luck Star; after a while, everything seemed to have meaning (BTW, do you think the harmonica is a reference to Wind-a breath of heart? ).

The major problem I foresee is balancing the serious with the slapstick. If they want me to take any kind of romance/drama seriously, they have to build some character depth, and I don't see a lot of room for that right now. If they stick to the funny, it should work. Here's hoping.
Old 2009-10-04, 14:38   Link #80
Xacual

I think my favorite part was when Sugisaki said his line about making the harem with the wave behind him, then the girls telling him he's fired. Followed by his complaining that their reaction is completely different then from the novel and complaining this is why he didn't want an anime.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, parody, school life, shounen, student council