AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 09:55   Link #1541
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The ER is filling up with nerdgasming fanboys... Would the BD sales surge now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
don't worry, by Gen-3 they're pretty much disjointed as hell.
Which is why I forgot, once the balance of nature was restored.
Old 2012-07-07, 11:44   Link #1542
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I continue to believe this is a direct sequel to the television series.

That said, I'm still going 'wtf is going on'.

Edit: Also, I admit I haven't been watching seriously enough, so I likely missed it, but has it been explained at all why every pilot except Ao is a young girl?
They're not. Harlequin's chief pilot is the boy who was serving the tea, Majrakur Nair.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 12:01   Link #1543
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
But she isn't the "Exact" same Eureka that gave birth to this Ao, she's too young... And pregnant.
She could have just gotten pregnant again. She's been gone for ten years, after all. She also only looks younger thanks to the haircut and clothing. Between when she was found and the present day, she hasn't aged at all.
Old 2012-07-07, 12:32   Link #1544
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I don't need THE Eureka just an alternate universe one like movie Eureka. Really I don't care what they do I just don't wanna watch a series that takes an easy(trope) way out.
One could argue that writing a sequel with minimal regard to the original work is an easier way than that...

Quote:
The ER is filling up with nerdgasming fanboys... Would the BD sales surge now?
Reading 2ch, seems to me that Japan is less impressed with such blatant trump card than we are. Well, some people at least. On this side it's been mostly "OH HEY EUREKA'S BACK SQUEEE"

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2012-07-07 at 12:52.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:04   Link #1545
hikarihikari

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!

I'm speechless when I saw nirvash
And then Eureka came, I shit my pants!

Honestly, AO is disappointing so far, but this episode makes me feel that I should carry her on

Last edited by hikarihikari; 2012-07-07 at 14:08. Reason: Add something I wanna say and I dont wanna make another reply for this
hikarihikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 15:12   Link #1546
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
My personal theory is that the president of Generation Blue is a lolicon. ;P
He is Loli Loli Hunter.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 00:32   Link #1547
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She could have just gotten pregnant again. She's been gone for ten years, after all. She also only looks younger thanks to the haircut and clothing. Between when she was found and the present day, she hasn't aged at all.
Yet she doesn't know Ao who Ao's Eureka knew for years and raised for a bit before vanishing.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 00:39   Link #1548
ReddyRedWolf

Basically Bulma met Future Trunks. Only Eureka is the one time hopping in the AO universe.

Which brings to question where or when Renton is?

It would be interesting if Eureka meets Elena and Eureka recognizes her.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 01:29   Link #1549
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Yet she doesn't know Ao who Ao's Eureka knew for years and raised for a bit before vanishing.
If you only knew a kid to the age of three then met him at 13 with dyed hair, would you recognize him at a distance? I think not.
Old 2012-07-08, 01:35   Link #1550
pirateking

4 possible theories surrounding the baby within "Eureka" I could think of

- Ao before he was born. (obviously a time travel plotline)
- Ao from another universe. (slider, if there is an alternate Eureka, why not an alternate Ao?)
- Eureka's 2nd child, Ao's younger sibling (its a possiblilty since its been 10 years since Ao saw his mom)
- Might not even be Ao, similar to the 2nd theory, Eureka could have been pregnant with a girl this time.

Nevertheless, isn't it reckless and foolish of Eureka to be piloting an LFO while she is still pregnant? She has to be on an important mission if she is putting herself and the baby at high risk...

Last edited by pirateking; 2012-07-08 at 01:47.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 04:31   Link #1551
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If you only knew a kid to the age of three then met him at 13 with dyed hair, would you recognize him at a distance? I think not.
A Mother knows their child. He still has the exact same facial features as he did when he was a kid. Also, Flashback Eureka looks older than this Eureka anyway.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 09:57   Link #1552
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I won't even try to piece this together, but that was an awesome ep. Sweet seeing the gekkou go and Eureka.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:54   Link #1553
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

As I said, there's not enough clues. Not even Victorique could solve this puzzle. Now go out there and find more hints!
Old 2012-07-08, 12:43   Link #1554
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
A Mother knows their child. He still has the exact same facial features as he did when he was a kid. Also, Flashback Eureka looks older than this Eureka anyway.
She's had all of three seconds to look at him. Give it some time for the pieces to snap together. Her appearance in flashbacks is just an effect of her more casual clothing and hairstyle.
Old 2012-07-08, 17:01   Link #1555
Theorder14

err, excepts she looks longer too so i seriously doubt it's the same Eureka who gave birth to Ao. there's also the spirit of Eureka in the preview identical to Ao's mother, but we will see
Theorder14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 06:28   Link #1556
alchem1st
philosopher stone power

these series lacking of colosal battle i think
alchem1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 22:32   Link #1557
Tyr Valein

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I don't credit the actual execution of the changes to Kyoda, don't misunderstand, I credit the decision to go this way to him. Kyoda is the director and the main reason why the series even exists, so it is certainly his intention to go for something different, and hence he picked different writing staff for this purpose. If he wanted the same thing, he would probably have gone with Dai Sato again. I totally agree that the style of the story and the way things develop are 100% Aikawa's style. But that's the direction that Kyoda wanted for this series, so when comparing the two shows, it makes sense to look at it from the perspective of the person who is in charge of both series and made the major calls.

Edit: Speaking of Aikawa, I think it's going to be really interesting in the next month or so. From ep11 onwards, Aikawa is going to be writing every single episode through to ep16 at least. Almost all are solo scripts, with the exception of ep15 which is written by both him and Shinichi Inotsume.
Honestly, I want to hear what Dai Sato has to say about this series. He seemed to care a lot less about fanservice, 1/30 male to female ratio casts, and more about the story. Of course what the "story" was changed with the arcs, but honestly, it didn't feel as disjointed as AO has just up until this point. We learned more about the universe as Renton did.

I get the feeling that I'll look back on all this after I'm done and realize that its actually pretty good in retrospective (minus naked Elena every other episode). I just wish at the same time that they had gotten Dai Sato back. It would have probably taken the series in an entirely different direction. And if anyone can find an interview or something with him about how this series has turned out, please PM as soon as you find out.

On topic of the episode, when I saw the Gekko's vents in the Scub Coral, I screamed like a little frickin' girl. I actually woke my whole family up. And previous paragraph's aside, I was honestly willing to forgive almost anything they've done so far or in the future just because I was able to see Nirvash spec2 in gloriously brilliant HD (have you SEEN how old the original E7 looks now in 480p? It was amazing at the time but now...). But now that super fanboy-ness (E7 is my absolute favorite series) is starting to wear down...I wonder what they can do to make this second half great.

A little off topic, have you guys heard this week's opening? Dat FLOW. I know it airs only tomorrow, but I wonder what kind of images they're going to show to match the feeling of the song. Of course we can expect the guitar part to be remniscent of Days, but...Also, does anyone think they'll do more kits/metallic action figures of the original typeZERO as well as the RA272? Does anyone think they'll do another upgrade on the typeZERO now that its here? Like a spec3 in terms of literally specs, without the entirely organic body. That would be GREAT. I'd buy those model kits/action figures in a SECOND.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 12:23   Link #1558
konart

She is a rainbow

Spoiler for img:
Old 2012-07-12, 12:49   Link #1559
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Tyr Valein, I suppose Dai Sato would not comment on AO just out of professionalism.

Also, Brave Blue is actually next week.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 12:57   Link #1560
Vash1306
Pancakes

No new Op this week? /disappointed
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen