AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 20:25   Link #201
Elestia

For some reason I felt that Sho Hayami would have been a better fit for Heike.
Old 2012-10-28, 21:49   Link #202
mayumi

this episode was fun. toki's character was well done.

anime will have a lot to catch up before explaining why sakura doesn't like killing people
until then she will get hate.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:12   Link #203
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
its kinda funny tho the anime is very good despite its unfaithfulness to degrees i may actually think its better so far then the manga the change works if its gonna be 12 episodes although im hoping for closer to 25
Best estimate, based on planned DVD/BD releases, is 13.

I enjoyed ep4, though I'm not sure why. The conflict between the two guys was so cliched, Sakura is so dense and sure of herself, Oogami just lets her tag along into danger. Etc. But still fun.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:16   Link #204
SQA

Can anyone point me towards the differences between the anime & the manga? I'm curious, but I wouldn't want it side-tracking the thread.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:43   Link #205
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Is this going to turn into a perpetually running anime? The source material has a 4 year head start and it's a weekly manga.

We looking at the new Bleach?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 00:02   Link #206
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Is this going to turn into a perpetually running anime? The source material has a 4 year head start and it's a weekly manga.

We looking at the new Bleach?
Only 13 episodes, man. Some comments in this thread had said it before. Even though the manga has got very long serialization and a bunch of chapters, its popularity is nowhere near as several others kick ass series (such as Bleach), that's why hoping for long run airing would be just a simple hope.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 01:12   Link #207
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

If the anime got a positive reception enough then we'll might get a season 2.

I have read the manga a long time ago. To be honest it was unmemorable and i almost fell a sleep but the anime is good so far in my opinion. I won't mind reading the manga again although i probably would after the anime is over.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 11:23   Link #208
ImperialFlameGod8190

to answer the questions about the differences its actually extremely faithful sans a few things but Heike sounds a bit more annoying then i thought he'd be
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 13:42   Link #209
ookamigirl

Sakura meets Toki.
That Toki is a really good liar.
Ogami really can't stand that guy at all.
Toki vs Ogami was nice to watch ^^
Sakura may be the voice of reason sometimes, but she's also not a pushover.
It wasn't a really good idea for Sakura to go on a mission with Toki & Rei.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 18:12   Link #210
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Sakura is amazingly hilarious. She has an amazing ability to "read between the lines" but she can't see through obvious lies.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 22:12   Link #211
ImperialFlameGod8190

Code:Breaker is ironic in the fact that Sakura's pretty much only good to annoy people. As for the story so far they've kept the essential parts just kept the characters in school more
Old 2012-10-30, 01:23   Link #212
LunaNeko

I really want to like this anime...but I am getting SO ANNOYED by the boob jokes...and random gropping. I find it extremely tastless and just...random. Could be just me...
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 04:01   Link #213
andromeda0201

I have no idea what to think about Sakurakouji anymore
She has her reasons of course and her naivety is pretty much comical but if this happens too much then it becomes dull.
Otherwise the old-school cliché plot and characters are still amusing. It's obvious most of the budget goes to the action sequences though.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 11:04   Link #214
LKK

Ep 4. I was surprisingly pleased that Sakura's parents knew she was lying. They're not as oblivious as I thought they were. Sadly, they're a little too trusting though. I guess Sakura gets her trusting attitude from them, too bad she didn't also get the ability to tell when someone's lying.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 21:46   Link #215
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^Well, as I said before, she indeed seems to be unable to see through obvious lies. At the same time though she does display an ability to read between the lines.
Old 2012-10-31, 22:26   Link #216
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

It's official, Sakura just annoys me too much and ruins my watching of this show. Although I've seen hints in the manga the reasons behind her action but her insistence and the timing of her interventions (like with Toki in ep 4 - pushing a guy down in the middle of fight so as to put them all in greater danger) just irritates me. I'll continue watching but Sakura sure does ruin the series a bit.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 06:13   Link #217
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I can't completely disagree. You CAN advocate "thou shall not kill" without being all naive about it.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:31   Link #218
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I can't completely disagree. You CAN advocate "thou shall not kill" without being all naive about it.
agreed and honestly even in the manga sakurakouji is really the only annoyance i had and after a while i just got over it
Old 2012-11-01, 11:15   Link #219
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
So this is not cross between harem and action with an obnoxious female MC, but bishounen in action with that same obnoxious female MC only there for fanservice?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 11:49   Link #220
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I would mind the naivete less if future episode show at least a bit of a learning curve where she slowly becomes less naive about stuff. IE Character development.

Tags
action, shonen, supernatural