AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-07-12, 08:00   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 547 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Early spoilers this week...

Quote:
-Several pages have been released, but no definitive spoilers just yet.

-Gaara's father has a flashback of Gaara's birth. Gaara was nearly a stillborn, considering how ridiculously small he was at his birth...still, his mother loved him greatly (I think we get the mother's name: Karura).

-Battle continues. The army actually helps to fight the Kages.

-The Kages tell the army their weaknesses...

-That's all for now...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 08:36   Link #2
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Chapter is already out O_o..
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 09:23   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

More parental love from beyond the grave, any guesses on who is next in line?

I think the best bit was probably the Kages banter, oddly amusing.
Old 2011-07-12, 09:29   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I think the best bit was probably the Kages banter, oddly amusing.
I'm really liking the dead Mizukage. Don't know his name, nor his techniques, but he is fun and his banter is amusing.

That being said, good chapter. It was nice to know that Gaara's dad wasn't a complete douche...though why this wasn't revealed by Gaara's siblings after the Konoha Invasion is unclear. Still, decent emotional value (even if it is somewhat silly), and it was fun seeing Gaara go all out. But, this is seemingly yet another quick defeat that offers little excitment and no lasting value. Can Kishimoto even do long battles any more?
Old 2011-07-12, 09:49   Link #5
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Mommy-no-jutsu. facepalm gifs are played out, but one was required here. A whole chapter to tell us Gaara's mom loved him.

I don't think the other Kages are done, but then I thought Sasori, Hanzou, Dan, Kakuza, and Deidara weren't done either. Gaara's dad is done and will fade away. Lame, but I didn't expect much from this fight anyway.

Hopefully all those fodder charging the Kages means they are going to get wiped out by Muu, Otherwise, what is the point? This is not even a battle. I mean Shika's dad was pissing in his pants and made up crazy plans so Gaara would get backup since they couldn't fight the Kages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It was nice to know that Gaara's dad wasn't a complete douche.
Did you really expect him to be in this manga? Only Madara and Hidan are complete douches. We knew Kishi was going to paint dad in a more sympathetic light. No way was he a complete monster.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 09:53   Link #6
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Did you really expect him to be in this manga? Only Madara and Hidan are complete douches. We knew Kishi was going to paint dad in a more sympathetic light. No way was he a complete monster.
Why wouldn't I? Every indication for nearly a decade pointed to Gaara's dad being a complete douche, so I had no reason not to think he was nothing but an asshole.
Old 2011-07-12, 09:54   Link #7
Principalities

Best Naruto chapter in a while!
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 09:58   Link #8
kakakka

Quote:
Can Kishimoto even do long battles any more?
Or even distinguish what battles has too be long and what has to be short.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 10:12   Link #9
haegar
mangaviking

Hm. Dunno what to think. I was lookin forward to some more Gaara, and it ain't done too badly but it ain't exactly gold either (well, dad's sand is, but you get the gist )

The kage banter was indeed amusing, and I'm also lookin forward to the old dwarf geezer unloading some new dust jutsu that will kick the crap out of his old sensei. Speaking of banter though - I sense an opportunity for some more background being ignored here:
Since apparently every second of the zombies has ample time and leisure to sort through their past emotional issues with familly and friends in a roundabout chitichati manner - wouldn't it be nice if SOMEONE cared to mention to those rezed kages that it is Madara pulling the strings, and give them a quick once over on recent history? I mean presumably Madara has been all over the five nations during the past two or so generations, schemeing and plotting from the shadows ... so really, the four of them in one spot would be a nice opportunity to "puzzle together" some of his past actions, no? Would be even nicer if the banter got interrupted by a little aha-moment there ...doubt its gonna happen though.
Old 2011-07-12, 10:52   Link #10
Fran~
floating away...

Ahahaha... so last week i said that:
Gaara: Shinji
Gaara's dad: Gendou

This week i must add:
Karura: Yui

Even the loves me/loves me not thingie came up, not to mention the protection that a mother gives to his son (that was so EVA!).

BTW, that was a nice chapter, a rarely brief flashback, nice lines by Mizukage and some action.
Old 2011-07-12, 11:13   Link #11
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm quite glad that Gaara is going to get some true closure. Spending his entire life believing his own mother cursed his birth is quite a sad existence.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 11:22   Link #12
Fran~
floating away...

What leads to ask if Kishi will use that method to redeem Sasuke.
Old 2011-07-12, 11:29   Link #13
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Why wouldn't I? Every indication for nearly a decade pointed to Gaara's dad being a complete douche, so I had no reason not to think he was nothing but an asshole.
Just like Itachi really was a villain that murdered the entire Uchiha clan out of cold blood. Or Nagato was just an evil guy with no point of view and didn't have a tragic childhood that forced him to become a terrorist.

Given with what we have seen with the other characterizations, Gaara's father would have stuck out like a sore thumb if he were a complete douche. Of course he wasn't a total asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm quite glad that Gaara is going to get some true closure. Spending his entire life believing his own mother cursed his birth is quite a sad existence.
To be honest, does it change anything? Gaara had already overcome that and became a good person without this information. His mother's love doesn't really change his development. So what was the point?

The cake was already fine. No reason for Kishimoto to make it even sweeter with globs of gooey frosting. I liked Gaara's tragic story before.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 11:43   Link #14
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

It's like Gaara is a bizarro version of Naruto or is it the other way around?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 11:52   Link #15
qwertyuiopz

LOL! i didnt notice it until the mizukage said it but gaara really doesnt have eyebrows
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 12:03   Link #16
james0246

Quote:
Just like Itachi really was a villain that murdered the entire Uchiha clan out of cold blood. Or Nagato was just an evil guy with no point of view and didn't have a tragic childhood that forced him to become a terrorist.
I'm glad you always had faith in some no name Kage who tried to kill his son repeatedly, but I never once considered that Gaara's father was anything but a douchebag. Why? Because there was never a single reason to think otherwise. This was a character that literally never appeared until after he died. The first time we saw him, he was simply a shadow (and honestly, he was probably already Orochimaru at that point), the second time he was dead and his face was being used as a mask, and the third time was his statute. Consequently, since he never appeared (and was probably always dead), and his only known actions were starting a pointless war and trying to kill his son, why would I ever think he could have been anything but the douchebag he was portrayed as? There was no myserty; no "What if...", Kishimoto did nothing to imply anything different from what we had already seen.

That being said, those are awful counter-examples. Trying to compare actual characters that were intentionally built to be mysterious and have (some) depth with some no name Kage (and he still doesn't have a name) whose biggest contribution to the story was always being dead and trying to kill his son repeatedly, seems silly at best.
Old 2011-07-12, 12:34   Link #17
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
To be honest, does it change anything? Gaara had already overcome that and became a good person without this information. His mother's love doesn't really change his development. So what was the point?

The cake was already fine. No reason for Kishimoto to make it even sweeter with globs of gooey frosting. I liked Gaara's tragic story before.
So you need a reason? Seriously? Sure, he's already became a good person, but no one is ever truly over a trauma, especially as something as major as what Gaara went through. It's a mental and emotional relief, it's something anyone would appreciate. I could understand though that if you don't care, but don't dumb it down for your own personal preference.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 12:43   Link #18
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

yay for more mom and dad loves you scenes
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 12:54   Link #19
yakumo-chan

In the early chapters,,, kishi really write gaara's father as a bad person,,, but he kinda changes his mind,, he will be a good person in chapter 547
Old 2011-07-12, 13:25   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
But even after reading this chapter we see that from Gaara's view he is. He tested Gaara by making him think that his mother hated him and that he caused the death of her, and also ordered one their own family's member to kill him. This whole way of thinking is completely disgusting, and that is what makes him an "asshole". Of course as i wrote earlier this is now the story telling pattern for these summoned guys, it began with Sasori and now it continues with the 4th kazekage, they get their own "happy end", both had a miserable death, but now they finally change their thinking and with that comes some kind of eternal serenity that they can have in the "pure world" where they will rest for eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
In the early chapters,,, kishi really write gaara's father as a bad person,,, but he kinda changes his mind,, he will be a good person in chapter 547
This is what i liked in many anime/manga, they don't look at everyone as either good or bad, it's not a simple black&white world like it's in hollywood blockbuster movies. People evolve, and in both directions: for example Sasuke is currently quite "evil" and crazy, but we know that this is not his final state of the mind.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion