AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-14, 01:25   Link #401
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Haha, that's one for the looney bin.
Old 2012-09-14, 01:39   Link #402
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Just in case someone in home doesn't make the connection, the effort here is to create similarities between Carter and Obama so Romney can "rescue" this country like Reagan did. *scoffs*
Old 2012-09-14, 01:49   Link #403
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

What, you mean Romney is going to spend all the national budget into somer fantasy super l33t military weaponry R&D with unrealistic goals so we can be even poorer and achieve no actual results?

How is that a good thing.
Old 2012-09-14, 01:55   Link #404
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Let's not also forget the few trillion dollar tax-cut for the rich while paying for it by cutting spending on healthcare, education, social security, raising the tax for middle class, and the super promise of nothing bad happening ever in overseas because Romney would be the president of US.
Old 2012-09-14, 01:59   Link #405
Mentar
Banned

I mean, I'm not even mad at the guy who is spreading this BS. He's a politician, he's behind in an election, so of course he's going to brazenly lie if he feels that it increases the chances of his side. Fine.

The real problem I have is that he thinks that spreading THIS bullsh*t is going to improve their chances. Because it is so clearly retarded that normal rational humans can't possibly believe it. By fully absorbing the Likud position of Greater Israel, and by openly threatening war against Iran, America is going to be held in such high esteem in the Middle East that extremists wouldn't do attacks like this?

How can ANYONE be retarded enough to believe this?
How can the American media not expose him as the clown he is?

What the hell is wrong with America?
Old 2012-09-14, 02:34   Link #406
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
People think Orwell was worried about communism but his warnings apply equally well to fascism and crony capitalism.

An anti-intellectual, anti-other, wrapped-in a-flag-waving-a-holy-book manipulation of the under-educated, under-informed, misinformed electorate. A regularly revisioned history. Eternal war. No option for the youth except the military. A two-tiered society with an extreme gulf in options and accessibility to resources.

That's what half the country seems to want. When you ask them to detail why you don't get rational or reasoned answers. You get answers that don't hold up under cross-examination because they're self-imposed smoke-and-mirrors.

Even if Obama wins in November, this faction will assume they just fronted the wrong candidate or didn't suppress enough votes, not that the fundamental underpinning of their murky ideas are flawed.
Old 2012-09-14, 02:50   Link #407
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I mean, I'm not even mad at the guy who is spreading this BS. He's a politician, he's behind in an election, so of course he's going to brazenly lie if he feels that it increases the chances of his side. Fine.

The real problem I have is that he thinks that spreading THIS bullsh*t is going to improve their chances. Because it is so clearly retarded that normal rational humans can't possibly believe it. By fully absorbing the Likud position of Greater Israel, and by openly threatening war against Iran, America is going to be held in such high esteem in the Middle East that extremists wouldn't do attacks like this?

How can ANYONE be retarded enough to believe this?
How can the American media not expose him as the clown he is?

Actually Romney isn't that far behind Obama, and with month and a half remaining he can still close the gap. So those are the type of statements that can, in fact, help increase the incumbant's chance. We have the gathering of the third largest population in the world and equally diverse in every respect. Peoples' worries and fears and insecurities tend to reflect the diversity along with geo-political location. Most people aren't "retarded", but they still have their priorities like jobs and social issues and personal freedom, debt, etc. For a lot of people it's actually a rational choice according to ones priorities because four years is still a looong time to wait if they picked the wrong guy to lead the country. While Romney doesn't exactly seem to be the ideal guy to lead, Obama doesn't exactly have a stellar record in the home front, especially when it comes to the economy. With our unemployment rate hovering over 8 percent, the choice isn't as clear cut as it could have been. So the question, "under whom I'm going to be better off" is taking longer to answer and probably will take another month before most people made up their mind.
Old 2012-09-14, 02:54   Link #408
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Diverse is one way to put it.

I like to call it "Dumb and Dumber".

.... not that it's any different from everyone else in the human race.
Old 2012-09-14, 02:59   Link #409
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If we were all the same, Obama wouldn't exist (at least as a minority). Just one large nation of homogenous peoples that would be even more isolationistic or expansionistic that they are now.
Old 2012-09-14, 03:20   Link #410
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Actually Romney isn't that far behind Obama, and with month and a half remaining he can still close the gap. So those are the type of statements that can, in fact, help increase the incumbant's chance. We have the gathering of the third largest population in the world and equally diverse in every respect. Peoples' worries and fears and insecurities tend to reflect the diversity along with geo-political location. Most people aren't "retarded", but they still have their priorities like jobs and social issues and personal freedom, debt, etc. For a lot of people it's actually a rational choice according to ones priorities because four years is still a looong time to wait if they picked the wrong guy to lead the country. While Romney doesn't exactly seem to be the ideal guy to lead, Obama doesn't exactly have a stellar record in the home front, especially when it comes to the economy. With our unemployment rate hovering over 8 percent, the choice isn't as clear cut as it could have been. So the question, "under whom I'm going to be better off" is taking longer to answer and probably will take another month before most people made up their mind.
I'm not arguing that, monir. I have no problem whatsoever if someone decides to vote for Romney, be it for disappointment with Obama, because he believes that Romney is better for the economy, because he wants to go to war with Iran or because he simply likes Romney's hairdo better - I don't care. Fine. And if a majority of Americans thinks so, then so be it. That's Democracy.

What I have a problem with is the fact that obviously, the Romney lackey believes that claiming that "Under Romney there wouldn't have been the attacks in Libya and Cairo, because America would be held in higher esteem" is _beneficial_ for him. And that would imply that he believes that more people would vote FOR Romney due to this obviously ridiculous BS than they would turn away from him in disgust.

Seriously, I'm flabbergasted that he can say something like this and not be ripped to shreds by the media. What's going on here?
Old 2012-09-14, 03:31   Link #411
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
What I have a problem with is the fact that obviously, the Romney lackey believes that claiming that "Under Romney there wouldn't have been the attacks in Libya and Cairo, because America would be held in higher esteem" is _beneficial_ for him. And that would imply that he believes that more people would vote FOR Romney due to this obviously ridiculous BS than they would turn away from him in disgust.

Seriously, I'm flabbergasted that he can say something like this and not be ripped to shreds by the media. What's going on here?
Well............ I don't know if you watch the Daily Show or the Colbert Report, but I'm pretty sure those guys haven't stopped jumping up and down in joy since that statement was made. I'm looking forward to a great hour tomorrow night. The ultra liberal media (MSNBC) is probably having a field day already. Chris Mathews will be yelling a lot louder than usual that's for sure. It will get its coverage, but the question is to what effect? I personally think the people that buy into those kind of messages don't really have much effect on presidential election. It's the rational people who makes the difference with their choice. Voter fraud is actually a much bigger worry for us.
Old 2012-09-14, 03:32   Link #412
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
That's exactly why I have shifted the blame from Romney himself, to those who want to vote for him.

Yes, democracy means people are free to vote Romney. But if they do they are sending a message about themselves.

This is why my current view isn't "OMG Romney is stupid". But "OMG there are actual American Voters who actually WANT this garbage".

Don't blame the product, blame the customers.
Old 2012-09-14, 04:06   Link #413
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"The customer is always Right"
Old 2012-09-14, 04:08   Link #414
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
"The customer is always Right"
So do we consider them customers or consumers?

Be politically correct. They are consumers. And they are never right in their decisions of purchase in a capitalist market.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-14, 04:16   Link #415
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Aren't the consumer's Left?

Old 2012-09-14, 04:49   Link #416
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Facing criticism, Netanyahu denies interfering in U.S. vote
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88D0AQ20120914

China commentary slams Romney's "foolish" China-bashing
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88D09G20120914
''Just trying to get some vote. Too bad if it piss of China, after all they don't have a vote for this election .''
Or at least it's what it look.
Old 2012-09-14, 05:57   Link #417
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Texas, imagine that...
Honestly, while it makes sense, I was expecting Arizona or Mississippi.

Quote:
Because it is so clearly retarded that normal rational humans can't possibly believe it.
The GOP gave up trying to appeal to the rational a few years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Even if Obama wins in November, this faction will assume they just fronted the wrong candidate or didn't suppress enough votes, not that the fundamental underpinning of their murky ideas are flawed.
I'm not too sure about that. There's the chance that the "RINO"s take back the party after finally waking up and realizing what a shit hole the GOP has become. But maybe I'm just an optimist...
Old 2012-09-14, 05:58   Link #418
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Romney’s condemnation of U.S. diplomats over the Mohammed movie is a betrayal of free speech.
Old 2012-09-14, 06:00   Link #419
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-09-14, 07:07   Link #420
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
LOL.

That sums up Romney and Obama perfectly.
Closed Thread