AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-04, 18:12   Link #141
Wesley84

"Ha ha ha!" I like how Mio laughs.

A surprisngly non-combative personality. She won't take no for an answer. Well, she will, but she'll be back tommorrow to ask again. "Ha ha ha!"
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 18:30   Link #142
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Oh good, someone else likes it too.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:37   Link #143
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
yeah that was funny..
i'm trying to figure out if she does that cause she doesn't know how to laugh XDD
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 19:05   Link #144
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

That was fun. The seiyuu cast is just wonderful. I thought Fukuen Misato might be a weak spot, but no way. Chiba Saeko with that forced laugh is a trip. Koshimizu Ami, Sawashiro Miyuki, Saitou Chiwa. Good stuff.

I laughed out loud the first time the ears popped up, in the OP. Clearly the same character designer as Sky Girls. I like. The animators probably had a session practicing how to draw rear-ends, since there are so many of them. I guess whether or not you can stand that will be make-or-break for watching this series.

Fukuen Misato and Chiba Saeko did a great job with the ED, I thought. I may quit this show part-way, as I did Sky Girls, but that first episode worked beautifully.

I can't keep the outsized cast of characters straight, but there is a character page in Western characters on the official site. There are six red boxes on the left-hand side of the main page. Click the middle left one to get the character page. And, of course, the seiyuu cast list is on ANN.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-07-04 at 19:17.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 19:19   Link #145
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
yeah that was funny..
i'm trying to figure out if she does that cause she doesn't know how to laugh XDD
It's probably just her way of being friendly. XD
Old 2008-07-04, 19:49   Link #146
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Out of interest, is there an male equivilant of mecha musume?
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 20:27   Link #147
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Out of interest, is there an male equivilant of mecha musume?
Mecha in general. Really, what it comes down is men wanting to have sex with the machines they've grown so fond of.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:56   Link #148
Sakome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
"Ha ha ha!" I like how Mio laughs.

A surprisngly non-combative personality. She won't take no for an answer. Well, she will, but she'll be back tommorrow to ask again. "Ha ha ha!"
If she pulled off a Dokuro Chan laugh I might have a heart attack from laughter. Yay seiyu joke. But yeah her laugh is unique, I wonder if its a fake laugh and she'll just snap
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 23:09   Link #149
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

is it me or does majority of the girls have no pants, skirt, but just shirt or underwear?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 23:57   Link #150
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Lack of pants aside, what really drew me into the series was Mio's composure and the larger cast.
Still, a pandering anime... well, we'll see if this manages to be above the level of "average" that Sky Girls was.
Oh, and kudos to official subs. Nice to see companies adapting to the interbutts instead of antagonizing it.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 00:19   Link #151
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm. It looks interesting but it really bugs me how all the lolis are pant-less...LOL. For crying out loud, show some dignity and put on some pants. *cough*
Old 2008-07-05, 00:34   Link #152
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Mecha in general. Really, what it comes down is men wanting to have sex with the machines they've grown so fond of.
Damn, I want a guy to be encased mostly in a mecha armour or wearing a tank stylishly.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 00:45   Link #153
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Already watched ep 1 and I gotta say that I love the fight scenes.
As for the no pants thingy, I doesn't bother me that much.

And wow, I never had thought that Chiba Saeko voiced Mio. Excellent performance there by her especially on how she laughs.
Old 2008-07-05, 02:52   Link #154
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Rather than not liking war, Yoshika should really be hating on the Neuroi for taking her dad away from her. "Oh a battleship I don't like war" that's just a plain ignorant thing to say given the circumstances of the world she's lviing in. She should be happy about it if anything.
Yeah, that seemed a little naive of her--I can understand being anti-war when war means killing other human beings, but less so when war means killing an alien force bent on exterminating humanity. In the latter case I'm thinking even the Dali Lama would say to let it rip and kill some Neuroi. I think Yoshika will make up her mind to fight by the end of the next ep though, hopefully.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 03:01   Link #155
Wesley84

It actually became a bit less annoying because of the way Mio was handling her. She kept saying she didn't like war and didn't want to have any part in one, and Mio kept saying that was fine, while gradually nudging her in the direction she wanted her to go. Mentioning things like helping people who were hurt by the war, giving her odd jobs to do on the ship like laundry and cooking, and finally showing her the Striker Unit.

Basically showing her the lighter, day-to-day side of conflict, and gradually making her use to the idea of serving with the military.

Mio's a suddectress through and through.
Old 2008-07-05, 03:18   Link #156
kurukuru

Send a message via MSN to kurukuru
Do you know the slogan of this anime?
''It is not pants,so I'm not embarrassed!!''
This is the conclusion, you don't need words any more.

Why don't they ware trouser?
-To make it easy to equip Striker Unit. And thic cloths hinder transmitting their magic power.

Why Sukumizu?
You shouldn't deem this setting deeply.
kurukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 05:12   Link #157
kaosmos

Quote:
Why don't they ware trouser?
-To make it easy to equip Striker Unit. And thic cloths hinder transmitting their magic power.
My thought exactly,and the magic thing aside,i don't think they have space to wear pants and such in these thing..well at least perrine wear stocking!

As for the skirt..given the fact that they're flying,i don't think it would covert much anyway..
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 05:21   Link #158
Jerseykid

short shorts city.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 09:54   Link #159
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

This show was so amazingly dumb :P. If this is all Gonzo has, they are so going out of business by the end of this year...

The main character's motivations make zero sense. How can she oppose fighting the war with the Neuroi, when the choice is either get wiped out or fight it and try not to get wiped out. It's not like there's even anything to oppose on the issue, it's just survival.

And yar no pants... for all the lolis.... not just the flying ones... what gives.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 10:46   Link #160
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
This show was so amazingly dumb :P. If this is all Gonzo has, they are so going out of business by the end of this year...

The main character's motivations make zero sense. How can she oppose fighting the war with the Neuroi, when the choice is either get wiped out or fight it and try not to get wiped out. It's not like there's even anything to oppose on the issue, it's just survival.

And yar no pants... for all the lolis.... not just the flying ones... what gives.
I think sometimes one's must realise which demographic the anime is being aimed towards, to me it seems like otaku with loli fetish and the mecha musume fans so the no pants idea might be a +ve to those people.

Sometimes I question people’s ability to judge characters with logic. While I'm all for Miyafuji joining the battle you must first consider she's is very young, unless loli's joining the army are considering a norm in this world but I'm going to have to back track abit since it was mention Miyafuji father help in the establishment of the strike witches unit during his lifetime plus we see Sakamoto in the photo so I'm assuming the unit has only been in service recently.

Her determination to work at the clinic and her yearning to help others are to her more important than fighting in a war, you could argue that fighting would help more people but not everyone wants to fight .Referring to the OVA where she's hesitant to shoot at other strike witches unit, it does shows she's unlikely to shoot at any human target but I'm incline to believed based on character she doesn't like fighting in general.

Also people forget about the reality of war, people can die in any given battle field. So here’s a direct question, would you join the army to fight some alien invaders and risk your life? It would vary with each people obviously but there would some who won’t join and rather live a peaceful life and some who are willing to risk it.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2008-07-05 at 10:57.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume