AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 09:15   Link #2181
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
-

When the word "nanobots" is mentioned, does anyone else come up with a mental image of a horde of tiny Nanoha robots?

Or is it just me?
Thanks for the lovely mental image....

Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 10:38   Link #2182
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

*pops head in*

OMG Ky Kiske?!

I miss the madness...but work and duty call.

*pops out*
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 10:42   Link #2183
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

When I said I was looking for a genderbent Fate, I was looking for a picture where'd you could see his face. Not this.

(I know its somebody else, but stop for a while, and look closely. )
Old 2008-07-02, 11:03   Link #2184
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Coma I'm ignoring and leaving you alone so do me the same curiosity and bugger off.
Oh alright, do pardon me for trying to head a potential flamewar off at the pass. Heaven forbid that a lowly Cadia n00b like me would be mildly concerned about Aaron following through on his threat to shut the thread down if things got unpleasant in here again.

Quote:
Strikers is newer and new canon overrides old IMO as I’ve said elsewhere IMO when they made Strikers and began to go more in depth about how one actually learns magic (and somewhat about how it works) they may have slightly altered previous ideas. The latest data on the subject says the mana is linked from outside and not generated internally and as far as I’m concerned that overrides the earlier statement.
In other words: RETCON POWA TO THE MAX! I can go with this line of reasoning, though I'd rather not simply ignore something that was said or done in a previous season just because something newer contradicts it; that creates what I think could be a potentially dangerous precedent...

Besides, I rather like the "ethereal organ connected to a magical circulatory system" interpretation.

Some additional thoughts on the subject matter:

It's true that not all humans are born with linker cores (of the physical muscle variety), but what sets apart those that actually do have them? Assuming it's not some sort of inherent spiritual strength or something of that sort, maybe it's connected to a recessive gene inherited from a Mid-Childan ancestor? You know, maybe something that gets tacked on to a person's DNA every now and then that says "hey, let's add this magical doohickey to the final product!"

This might actually occur far more often than we're led to believe, but in a non-magical society like what Earth is stuck with it would be hard to pick out people with LCs and no magic training, wouldn't it?

Quote:
As for the second bit we know that at least some part of isn't biological and yet some part of it probably IS in order for it be effected by other processes in the body. If this just A's to go on I'd have acutally agree that the core isn't at all biological, but the stuff in Strikers can't be ignored the core is linked to it's host biology and it's hard to see how that can work if at least parts of it aren't themsevles biological.
Hence the dual-phase existence I proposed. Granted, for my hypothesis you have to accept some amount of the spirituality aspect for it to work...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-07-02 at 11:13.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 11:35   Link #2185
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
What I'm not allowed to be hot? Not even a manly way?
Well manly hot wouldn't be too bad.. although female hot is just messing with my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Actually TBH I've never done it.

I don't like using dividers.

Write I do a scene change, I usually either give it a bit of a conclusion of one scene and then move on to the next, or I cut it off abruptly and do a scene change.

Basically like when you watch something on TV, the scenes jump from one thing to the next.
Oops. My memory must be worse than I thought it was Anywho, it's not a necessary thing if you don't want to have the dividers, but it just feels weird to me without them there. Also tv has the advantage of pretty picture where it's painfully obvious when the scene changes, unlike text.. heck, it doesn't even have to be extra characters (like * or ~ etc) but can just be a double line gap instead of the single. Although that migh be even more annoying to check for when you're typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
I find dividers necessary in my work. >_>

Edit: PAGE CLAIM IN THE NAME OF DIVIDERS

Quote:
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Gospel of Judas[/CENTER]
Interesting chapter that you have there. Like you/others pointed out, Yuuno was a little OOC but other than that, it was a good set up. Looking forward to seeing more of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Oh alright, do pardon me for trying to head a potential flamewar off at the pass. Heaven forbid that a lowly Cadia n00b like me would be mildly concerned about Aaron following through on his threat to shut the thread down if things got unpleasant in here again.
The thread would have been closed a looong time ago if that was the case. Since Tk's been nicely blunt ever since he arrived. That said though, he had dropped the argument/discussion that had started so there was no need for you to get on his case to begin with.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 11:43   Link #2186
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*sighs*

Ya know what, screw this, Ima gonna go play with OCNano somemore and make it all nice and pretty.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 11:45   Link #2187
Aaron008R

The civility policy works two ways. -_-

There is a stark difference between a person who is annoying to some because of his normal manner of communication and a person who goes out of his way to annoy another person (and of course, plainly acting violently beyond his/her normal point of intensity). I'd appreciate it of this talk about my old warnings is stopped right now. It's not needed as far as I see how things are going here. Tk's always been blunt and sharp of tongue. But he has enough self-control to relent when needed or apologize when he goes too far. No need to press this matter any further like liingo said.

Let me clarify something, I made that warning not to make Cadia a No-harshness Angelic Utopia, but rather to keep a sufficiently high level of civility. That's the main point I care about. I don't really care if a person has a sharp tongue as long as I can gauge the intent and level of self-control as appropriate. And as such, I don't see any reason for unnecessary friction to arise right now.

That's all.:/

@JINNSK: Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!
This is very similar to what I hoped for Hayate's character type. It fits almost perfectly for my plans!

Contrary to most other's reactions, I don't mind Tsuzuki's take on Hayate. Not being able a frontal fighter nor a fighter type in the first place doesn't really amount to intent of unnecessary shafting (Well, yes there is shafting. But it's still not at the level to be considered fatal yet, IMHO.). You're just given a slightly more difficult and honestly very interesting path of how to develop this character. This amounts as a character flaw to some perspectives too, of course. But it only makes character development all the more entertaining. As for Hayate, it's just that 7arcs failed so epically bad that it's already overt and thorough character assassination.

Anyways, I guess I'll just make the most of it and use what's given to me and turn it to character development factors.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 11:49   Link #2188
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Basically I'm trying to write a story where a minimum of flashy moves is considered commendable, and yet have it fit in the Nanoha-verse.
...sounds like Glen's neverending battle with Erick and Franz and the Assault Platoon Erick and Franz always choose the "Blow it up!" option (even when Erick knows better).

Quote:
The reason I made it an honour system is because it makes very little difference at this stage whether it's open to all, or if only mods/admins can edit.

In essence, moderator-ship does not magically confer canon knowledge. I mean, I'm an admin, and I would place myself at the far lower end of the canon knowledge scale.

And there's no real filter I can use that will please everyone, or even get anywhere close to a consensus. The only one I can think of is asking "okay, who's willing to fill out the canon bits, and promise not to put in non-canon info?" which I suspect will net the majority of the current members. That's not much different from the current honour system.

As always, suggestions for improvements are welcome.
Well, you're right, most members will follow the honor system. The problem is where the fanon comes in, which is going to be rather difficult to separate... still on further reflection you've got a point here: if there's enough people who know canon they can keep editing out the fanon.

@Aaron: Overreactions go both ways, Huckbenger. But for me, I kinda like the general outline of Tsuzuki's take - of the Aces, Hayate is the only person with ambition and desire to progress further, to become a Commander and to go up the ranks. Hell if she's going to bring Earth's zeitgeist to the TSAB, as ark insists she should be doing, then she'll need to have stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Forgotten so soon?

Spoiler for DVD booklet:

Subaru's bikini and Teana's top are designed for high output and heavy armor. That screams proof that small jackets offer high-grade protection.
Don't forget that the Mids have a different understanding of armor compared to us; in this case it appears that its referring to magical protection - IE the barriers and fields.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-07-02 at 12:26.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:10   Link #2189
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

25 PAGE BACKLOG BREAKER!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Cadia Zwei: *tilts head* .... dare?

...you are cruel, Keroko.

And I'm going to get you for this.

Quote:
Would I be asking if I didn't?

It's the hair, and the fact that one eye is covered - hiding that nasty scar Yzak got from - you know.

Quote:
Spoiler for It took a while before Syn got used to walking around in public with it:

Syn: Are... are these wings really necissary?

Elena:
Yes, they are!

Vivio:
They look adorable!

...where do those wings attach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Or maybe an AI like...Momotaros?

*RUNZ*

ORE! SANJOU!!

Quote:
Be glad you don't have Artherion.

Artherion: [Statement: Greetings, is there someone you need killed, master?]

Vivio: O_O

Keroko-chan:
Remind me why I never had you reprogrammed...

...sounds like older Apalis, to a degree...

Quote:
Iiiinteresting.

Should I ask for a quick informal role-call of active OCs and their weapons (or Devices)?
~82nd RAF~

Arcasaviel Emira - Armed Device Ascalon, a 1-handed sword capable of going Zankantou ; Intelligent Device Apalis, the fiery brother of Chrono's Durandal.

Melinia Yoshitaka - Armed Device Esperacchius, a 2-handed saber based on Van Fanel's sword from Escaflowne.

Thomas "Boomer" MacFarn - Intelligent Device Elsior, based on the Jaffa Staff Weapons of Stargate SG-1.

Sevasti Secastan - Intelligent Device Arbalest, a bow-type Device; Armed Device Callandor, a 1-handed sword.

~31st RAF~

Sylvia Saganami - Intelligent Device Pallas, a Spear-type Device based on weapons from Ragnarok Online.

Horatio Cochrane - Intelligent Device Persuader, a Gun Device based on the Mauser C96.

Dirk Sanderson - Armed Device Tallhammer - paired gauntlets with an Electrical affnity, based on gauntlets seen in the PSP game Generation of Chaos.

Rio Ecco - Storage Device Aquarius, a Staff-type Device based on Chrono's S2U from Season 1.

Aileas Miyamura - Synchronization Device Nero, which appears as a forearm guard on Aileas' right arm. Read profile for more details.

And that's all...for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Celestial Being, Licht von Belka

Kha der Kleriker - Tausend Kreuz, a sword-cross, Stella (Unison Device, petnamed as Sak-tan), Charade (submachinegun-like device) and the Tome of Devotion.
Gimmy Mifuelle - Night and Gale, a pair of revolver tonfas.
Foy Rokker - Inherent Skill Macro Dominator. And his body is his device.
Taiyo Aozora - Magic Suit Masked Rider "IXA", another kind of full body armor, and a spinoff of the Denliner Project (as detailed in Eva's works)
Yui Hiro - a nameless sword-gun and shield set, addressed according to the AI, Zero.

Sankt Alexei Convent, Adeptae Belkarum

Sophia Alexei - Kaleidostick (wand, Precious Force Device), Swert von Zelretch (sword), Dauer (A pair of daggers that transforms into a bow, destroyed halfway through StrikerS)
Keira Nightly - Siren, a pair of bangles with bells and creates a haunting jingle when rung.
Ashley Rouge - (Device currently under redesigning)
"Canoness" - Precious Force Device. Name is classified.

Saint Guard

Artei von Braummuhl - Monohoshizao, a sword made out of a special metal Gerbera Straight, that absorbs mana in any form and strengthens itself, and Grade Terminator (Armor Device) "Kyrios"

Infinite Library

Yuuno Scrya - As stated in SaintX's works.

Unaffiliated

Arisa Bannings - A katana, "Nietono no Shana", that's made of Gerbera Straight, and the various mode releases of Grade Terminator "Throne" as her armor. Uses Eldritch magic school, specializing in Destruction (Void and Fire elements).
Tsukimura Suzuka - "Mikoto", a staff topped off with a cat motif. Uses Eldritch magic.

These are off the top of my head, more when I think of them. I also left out the devices that OCs from non-canon factions use, as well as the massproduction ones grunts of all factions use. If you want I'll list them later.

Yes I have way to many OCs and CCs rebuilt...

Wait...so if Dauer gets destroyed 1/2way thru StrikerS, what's she using now?

Quote:
lol no kidding. let's see off the top of my head, Yukari Tamura has voice acted in:

Naruto - TenTen
Yuusha Oh GaoGaiGar FINAL - Kouryu, Anryu, TenRyuJin
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Nanoha A's, Nanoha StrikerS - Takamachi Nanoha
iDOLM@STER: Xenoglossia - Minase Iori
Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl - Kurusu Tomari
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Furude Rika

Edit:
Goukujou Seitokai - Randou Rino

lol and that's just off the top of my head |D

KANON! KANON! KANON!!!

[Archive Post: Still Compiling...]
Reiji Tabibito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 12:15   Link #2190
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I lol'd when I dropped by the Wrath of the Lich King.

Remember when I had Jail as a Death Knight? Guess what? It's gonna fit, because DKs are gonna get this skill called Anti-Magic Field.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:32   Link #2191
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:

Remember when I had Jail as a Death Knight? Guess what? It's gonna fit, because DKs are gonna get this skill called Anti-Magic Field.
Dwah?! Okay that CANNOT be a coincidence...

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 12:32   Link #2192
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Kha, you are an incredibly lucky person who manages to turn everything into Keikakku doori. Luck is just that: luck.

Stop. Gloating.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-07-02, 12:33   Link #2193
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
When I said I was looking for a genderbent Fate, I was looking for a picture where'd you could see his face. Not this.

(I know its somebody else, but stop for a while, and look closely. )
You have to be very twisted to compute Ky Kiske with genderbent Fate. Yes, they are blondes, yes they have lightning affinity but it kinda stop here.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 12:33   Link #2194
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Alright then. Here we go.

------------------------------------------

What is it you seek?

Vengeance?

Restitution?

Absolution?

Salvation?

Seekers of the Truth, fear not what the past hides; fear not what the present shows; fear not what the future brings.

And rage against the dying of the light.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Gospel of Judas

Spoiler for Chapter 1: The Darkness:
A very interesting opening piece there. Holds a lot of promise, too. Keep on writing

Quote:
Hums Big Blue Dress.
Holy Fires Kha and Psychic Screams him off a cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
MMMm..... fresh meat.
So Kagerou is an Abomination now?

Quote:
I will begin writing yaoi right now.
Oh boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
So Kha dresses in women's undies now?

Quote:
I have a thing for dragons.
You don't say

Quote:
Unfortunately, FF.net and FP.net do not give enough character limits for me to write up a descent summary T.T
Tell me about it -_-

Quote:
You mean like OC writers or OC characters? Oddly enough either could work... Though the later might be even funnier.
This could prove interesting...

Though I don;t really know what Gensokyo is...

Quote:
The internet has divided weirdness by zero it can never be stopped now...
OHSHI-

Quote:
There are those that just go with the flow of life and then there are those that grab it by the throat and tell it to start heading where they want it to go. I like to think of myself as one of the later.
I see I see...

Quote:
See I actually do it by choice I like playing team doctor. Just don't piss me off: "Oh opps sorry I was a LITTLE late on that heal was out of mana! yeah that's it..." You'll be sorry as Team Medic I control life and death you best remember that lug heads!
Ah the life of others hanging in the balance...

And sitting on their corpses to recover mana before ressing

Quote:
Indeed, fire VERY good... err.
Fire...good

Quote:
Embrace the nerdiness!
Become one with the nerd within...

Quote:

I think Kha would prefer an army of tiny Fates

Quote:

So...you're going to have Jail die/nearly die and then revive though a backup plan he had ready as a DeathKnight?
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 12:34   Link #2195
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Kha, you are an incredibly lucky person who manages to turn everything into Keikakku doori. Luck is just that: luck.

Stop. Gloating.
Goose, STFU about this crap already plzkthx.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 13:00   Link #2196
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:

You score yet another hit!

Though, the spell works rather differently, so it's only a partial score.

*goes to check whether Anita has somehow managed to get Profeitin Shrifti to do Kha's biddings, giving his prophetic powers*
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 13:22   Link #2197
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
I find dividers necessary in my work. >_>
Never had a problem with lack of dividers, since I've been practicing transitions and segues :3

Quote:
Fun as usual :3
Glad you had fun :3

Quote:
Yeah, the limits they enforce are criminal, really. -_-
Amen. amen. T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
As far as I'm concerned, I'll read anything. But, for your credit, yes, it's interesting in that she's drafted into an air force, and there's no mention of mages anywhere. Is this out of Nanohaverse?
It's not Nanoverse. This is a completely original story I'm doing :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Oops. My memory must be worse than I thought it was Anywho, it's not a necessary thing if you don't want to have the dividers, but it just feels weird to me without them there. Also tv has the advantage of pretty picture where it's painfully obvious when the scene changes, unlike text.. heck, it doesn't even have to be extra characters (like * or ~ etc) but can just be a double line gap instead of the single. Although that migh be even more annoying to check for when you're typing.
Well to each their own I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Tell me about it -_-
I know, eh? T_T
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 14:24   Link #2198
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

<.<

>.>

*Drops a package and RUNS LIKE THE WIND!*

Spoiler for Ki Adepts: Masters of the Inner Flame:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-02, 17:12   Link #2199
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
It's quiet....too quiet....
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 17:19   Link #2200
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

It's the calm before the storm. Just watch, someone in here is going to accuse me of trying to turn Nanoha into Dragonball Z for putting ki in Comacanon and t3h shit shall hit the fan in short order as everyone else joins in a thread-wide game of Whack-a-Coma.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content