AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-22, 01:41   Link #2061
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
not necessarily. Kimi no Iru Machi translate to 'The Town Where You Live'. The beginning of the manga had Yuzuki coming to where Haruto lived but now it is the opposite with Haruto going to where Yuzuki lives. Things have just been reversed. So the title still applies to this situation.
i dunno, maybe it's just me, that i see a bigger distinction between tokyo and (wherever he lives now, forgot the name) . as in city girl vs. country boy kind of deal. but when it comes down to it, better now than later to reveal more about yuzuki's past. we got that teaser with her step siblings which was kind of random in retrospect, but w/e
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 02:59   Link #2062
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
i dunno, maybe it's just me, that i see a bigger distinction between tokyo and (wherever he lives now, forgot the name) . as in city girl vs. country boy kind of deal. but when it comes down to it, better now than later to reveal more about yuzuki's past. we got that teaser with her step siblings which was kind of random in retrospect, but w/e
i feel that that bigger distinction between the two places only serves to amplify the meaning of the title. The two have given up places that they grew up and knew about for so long to go to the place where the one they care about most lives in.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 09:31   Link #2063
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Also, it's "Kimi no Iru Machi" - "A Town Where You Live" - Not I, you.
Old 2010-01-22, 12:23   Link #2064
mammothb

yea, haruto is finally going to tokyo permanently(well sort of). this means a reappearance of his sis? shiho? and more rin!

i think that after this is resolved they will move back to the country(haruto's place). somehow i feel that kimi applies to males more than females :/
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 12:58   Link #2065
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
yea, haruto is finally going to tokyo permanently(well sort of). this means a reappearance of his sis? shiho? and more rin!
I was skimming through earlier chaptes, and man is his sister exquisite. I'm so glad I don't have any sisters, lol.

Quote:
i think that after this is resolved they will move back to the country(haruto's place). somehow i feel that kimi applies to males more than females :/
Well, it can be apply to both, which makes it a much better title than "Suzuka."
Old 2010-01-22, 13:38   Link #2066
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Also, it's "Kimi no Iru Machi" - "A Town Where You Live" - Not I, you.
rofl, play on words, works both ways, could be from eba's point of view lol

anyways, i can't really remember what happened with haruto's sister, even if she existed at all? anyone know what arc she had the most impact in?
Old 2010-01-22, 14:15   Link #2067
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
rofl, play on words, works both ways, could be from eba's point of view lol

anyways, i can't really remember what happened with haruto's sister, even if she existed at all? anyone know what arc she had the most impact in?
Seriously? lol. Read ~Chapter 20 and up.
Old 2010-01-22, 15:15   Link #2068
velvet nightmare

yeah lol, it's been a while, thanks for the heads up

edit: oh no wonder, it's an older sister, i thought she was younger, no wonder i was confused
Old 2010-01-22, 17:27   Link #2069
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol I can never forget about the sister as I'm probably the only person rooting for Haurto X Aoi pairing
I actually had never thought of it before till a little while after she appeared LeaD36 had brought it up, which I then took interest in.
It's usually something I would have thought up myself from the get go but totally didn't come to mind at all.

I still curse LeaD36 till this day!>_<
Old 2010-01-24, 19:32   Link #2070
cyberdemon

chapter 77 is out. sucks that the download site never works for me
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 19:42   Link #2071
itachi29al

Spoiler for 77:
Old 2010-01-25, 07:33   Link #2072
Kikuchi

Spoiler for 77:
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 11:32   Link #2073
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Anyone else gets the vibe of Akari liking Haruto?

anyway, lets move along... I want to see what the hells up with Eba, already!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 12:14   Link #2074
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Chapter 77:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Spoiler for 77:
I agree with you and Akari. Too bad he won't listen. Hopefully he'll keep some of it in mind and not make a total ass of himself when he gets to Tokyo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Anyone else gets the vibe of Akari liking Haruto?

anyway, lets move along... I want to see what the hells up with Eba, already!
I thought that for a moment, but what I really think is that she is concerned for her friend.
Old 2010-01-27, 12:21   Link #2075
H23

Akari FTW!
Old 2010-01-27, 13:33   Link #2076
velvet nightmare

i think the point of this chapter was to let the reader know that all the characters are anchored to the ground.

meaning last week, everyone was going 'wow he's a retarded for transferring out of the blue' and this week we know that all of them understand that life isn't shounen where there's a big chance that haruto is going to get hurt somewhere down the line
Old 2010-01-27, 13:50   Link #2077
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
i think the point of this chapter was to let the reader know that all the characters are anchored to the ground.

meaning last week, everyone was going 'wow he's a retarded for transferring out of the blue' and this week we know that all of them understand that life isn't shounen where there's a big chance that haruto is going to get hurt somewhere down the line
It also gave some conclusion from what he said. So we can leave everyone behind and go to Tokyo without wondering where they stood and all. Haruto is "cleaning house" very nicely before leaving.

I really hope he doesn't make a fool of himself when he goes there. No stalker-ish activity, no overbearing shouting, etc, etc.
Old 2010-01-27, 15:02   Link #2078
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ya know i really tried to be optimistic about Haruto's decision to move to Tokyo but this kid thats right KID is making decisions based on a hunch. He could have just gone to Tokyo to straighten things out but instead he would rather move there WTF. I understand hes worried about Yuzuki and for him to stick to his guns about the letter was written as to not to cause him trouble. But for gods sake man think with your head as well not just your heart.

I wholeheartedly agreed with his childhood friends. They grew up together and are approaching a time when friends go their separate ways. So this is so important to him that he wont even graduate with his friends. All i saw from Haruto was Eba was more important then the friends he grew up with. She can be important to him he can go to Tokyo find out whats going on and if hes right when he graduates he can go to Tokyo or when he finds out he was right then he can move. I hate when people make rash decisions like this and dont listen to other input on the matter. Things are not always as they seem and if he thinks getting things straightened out with Eba is going to be a piece of cake well i look forward to his anguish maybe it will force him to grow up a bit.

In a way im glad he decided this because honestly Kanzaki deserves better then this dolt. God this is frustrating i need a drink.
Old 2010-01-27, 16:34   Link #2079
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Akari is right about all of it. She was very correct about how he would feel seeing Yuzuki with another guy. That would hurt me too. I really hope she doesn't have a new boyfriend, lol.
But you and I both know there will be a guy. Of course we won't know in what context, chances are he'll (or even Eba herself) will say that he's the boyfriend. Which will then make us all RAGE, yell harsh things at Eba, pity Haruto, etc. etc. and I'll probably say something like, "Screw this noise, I'll be back when the manga is done."

I can't wait! *cough* Mind you, I'd like to be wrong.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 18:10   Link #2080
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Come on folks, you want to be pissed, that's why you're reading fiction and that's why you especially read this one. Haruto's friends reacting on the matter the same way you guys do just show it has been intentional to react this way. Seo wants you to think "This is hilarious!" just to redeem Haruto the next moment, Seo's been playing with the reader's narrow view for so long now.
He created a heavily flawed and impulsive protagonist from the beginning, just take a look at the first few pages of this thread, everyone hated him back then, so i don't see this specific decision to move to Tokyo as a suprise. I rather see it as a necessary move to advance the story and what's more important a way ( even though it may seem unrealistic) to bring some change to the setting or do you guys want to see Haruto just make up with Eba and continue with their long-distance relationship for xx chapters?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life