Old 2009-07-21, 02:51   Link #721
shinwa
fuuu~

Spoiler for ending:
shinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 02:51   Link #722
kujoe
from head to heel

I believe the chances of arranged marriages succeeding in anime become higher if the chosen bride is the female lead. The best example I can think of? Ranma 1/2.

Unfortunately, Sylvia isn't the main heroine here so even if she's engaged to Teppei, the odds are against her.

I'm not sure if popularity can influence the outcome of the anime, but with regard to popularity I'm not sure who really comes out on top either. It's probably worth noting however, that in terms of goods, there are already figures for both Charlotte and Sylvia. Not sure if there are any more besides them within the lineup. Moreover, the first light novel is about Sylvia's route, and the second one is about Charlotte. A third one, again about Sylvia, has been serialized in a magazine according to wikipedia. (It makes me wonder if Sylvia has two separate routes or if hers is just a 2-part story.)

I guess that has to count for something in the eyes of the fans who are buying this stuff.

And oh, guys... careful with those spoilerific game endings. Then again, those happy endings were expected anyway...
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 02:54   Link #723
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinwa View Post
Spoiler for ending:

Spoiler for Forget it....>=(:
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 02:57   Link #724
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
Purity? In this fanservice-filled anime?

What?
Old 2009-07-21, 02:57   Link #725
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Is the age old question of "where do babies come from" really that big of an issue? She's pregnant. There's a baby on the way and it is usually a happy occasion for many.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 02:57   Link #726
ThoHell

Quote:
O_o... LOL you crack me up. Go YouTube some Asimo videos and be awed and how the evolution of robots is going exceeding fast, much faster than I had thought we were currently at. Go make a robot princess....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 03:01   Link #727
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Purity? In this fanservice-filled anime?

What?
Spoiler for YES! What do you think!:

Spoiler for Is the age old...:

Spoiler for I know...but...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
O_o... LOL you crack me up. Go YouTube some Asimo videos and be awed and how the evolution of robots is going exceeding fast, much faster than I had thought we were currently at. Go make a robot princess....

Spoiler for NTY!:
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 03:04   Link #728
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, it is one thing to show the CGs, but the topic is swerving into talking about the game... and some other weird stuff...

Quote:
Ahahaha, you must realize this is an eroge. They all lose their purity in the game, because it is an eroge. Not only that, but a 抜きゲー (as said in first post), where the main feature/focus is a bunch of ero-scenes/H-scenes and other perverted plays.
Which is why I'm surprised it got a PS2 adaption? Guess they had a lot of empty space after they removed all of the H-Scenes... (And filled it up with a new heroine)?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 03:08   Link #729
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Which is why I'm surprised it got a PS2 adaption? Guess they had a lot of empty space after they removed all of the H-Scenes... (And filled it up with a new heroine)?
Not really surprising. It's a non-ero version, but it comes with added improvements and new content here and there. The usual, in other words. And besides, from what I remember, the routes for each character are pretty long enough in the first place.

I remember Tsuyokiss and Kimiaru getting the same treatment with new heroines. (For Kimiaru for the PS2, Ageha got added into the heroine lineup for example.)
Old 2009-07-21, 03:10   Link #730
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Out of curiosity, have you played the game S_B?

-----------
I hope the anime is going to go back to Wakamoto and the investigation why the MC's family was killed. Additionally I also hope the anime is going to answer just why was Charlotte being chased by punk thugs in the first episode. (I really doubt it's an everyday occurrence for princesses.) Because as it is now, I found myself not really caring whether Teppei gets admitted into the fancy Social Club.
Old 2009-07-21, 03:13   Link #731
Oryon

Quote:
Spoiler for YES! What do you think!:
So... Can she just stay pregnant with you? Well, after of this she will not be pure

Of all way, the anime can do something totally different from eroge.
Oryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 03:19   Link #732
Mentar
Banned

I believe that the main problem I have with ep3 is that it's getting too "easy".

Charlotte, who gave him at least a bit of a hard time in teasing has turned into a total yes-girl who would let the male lead walk over her if that's what he wanted. Sylvie has been tamed in no time whatsoever (and I was almost expecting some continuous effort). Yuu is a given, a default. And now even Seika is supposed to waver and be affected for Teppei doing NOTHING CONSCIOUS in her direction?

If the show is continuing to devolve into "4 gorgeous babes trip over themselves to swoon over Teppei", I'm gonna be outta here as quickly as I was in in the beginning. It's still enjoyable, but the direction the show has been taking in 2 and particularly 3 is worrying.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 03:36   Link #733
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
And now even Seika is supposed to waver and be affected for Teppei doing NOTHING CONSCIOUS in her direction?
How about............ A rich and kind good looking guy who wears a suit that manage to impress a girl who previously got a wrong idea about him, where the guy turns out to be a really likable and sociable gentleman. Most Chick digs hot guys like that by default. And it's not she suddenly throw herself at him, that part is reserved for next week.

Agree about the 'easy' part though.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 03:59   Link #734
Oryon

Spoiler for Episode 04:
Oryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 04:19   Link #735
Wrath88
Kissing...

Just saw ep 3... funny to see how he tries so hard, really doesn't like to lose, does he. Especially the Sylvia teaching part... She really acts a lot more airheaded than she really is...

Meh, Seika's just has the most pride of all the girls. I don't really have any dislike for her... she's probably the type to place hard work above being born with silver spoon, which is why she has a thing against Teppei being from Arima. Hmmm, I expect a Seika-directed episode that will eventually have her using his first name...

Odd that the old dude still looks the same while Yuu's so young, how old is he?
Old 2009-07-21, 05:03   Link #736
Casshern

COME ON Teppei you do not use battoujutsu against a western fencer! EVERYONE knows that you need to use GATOTSU!
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 05:19   Link #737
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

"O_O Holy sh...are you serious?"

Is my reaction when Charlotte was riding Teppei that way. That girl was bold, oh wait she's just airheaded but still @_@

I'm really starting to like Teppei, he's a good male lead in a harem genre. He has a backbone and his remarks/reactions are hilarious.
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 07:41   Link #738
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

i wonder what happen to Charlotte after episode 1. She seems a bit more ... ummm feisty at the start (especially how she makes fun of teppei putting his hand on her boobs). Episode 2 and 3 just turns her into an airhead.
Old 2009-07-21, 08:47   Link #739
Riverl

Quote:
Man you seem to be like on some Japan high horse thing, as if it were only Japan's way and then just the others. That which I described, is the way which most of the world operate and for those not yet fully operating in the same manner and slowly switch whether you like it or not as international trades increase. Japan only has a few global power companies, and those company are runned they way by which I described. Honda and Toyota don't operate by family inheriting means. Global powers, which is what I'm talking, operate completely different form those mom and pop little companies, which is like what you're talking about. Japan is slipping in global economy ranking as other developing countries are on the rise. Japan is a shrinking population country, slowly bleeding to death. Yeah Japan is a nice place to visit, vacation, and for fun, but I would never raise my kid in its society.
its obviously the corporation in question isn't American in anyway, everything from the assassination of the heir and naming Teppei the heir spell Eastern traditions/family inheritance, and still it is clearly a global power.
If you cant accept that such a corporation can become a global power in the first place, then the setting of the whole anime is invalid.
This is a work made by Japanese, and it reflect their general beliefs, mentality and ethnic (although there is their own distorted view about other countries' traditions and some outright bull sh*ts they make up as well). Analyzing their fictional work with an American POV and mentality is unnecessary if not meaningless
On a side note, even those global-scale companies of them should retain somewhat a part of their tradition and beliefs too, especially their workers, they certainly changed so that they can survive in the bigger world, but only what's necessary.

a bit off topic, you seem to be dissing real world Japan too much (or at least I feel so from what you said). Japanese global ranking might be slipping, but its still a strong country in term of economic and technology, and is, AFAIK (well, I'm not very keen on following news about Japan economical world), developing at a slow but steady pace. Its not getting poorer, its just that those rising countries is getting richer, which is quite normal because newer faces in any competition often go through development spurt and the older flag holders actually develop much slower in comparison, doesnt mean they will enter the cesspool category anytime soon. America itself is also having to face several rising competitors of that kind from what I know, and is no longer, in an economical sense, the sole center of the world like it used to be, however its still an important and powerful country and nowhere near the verge of dying.
As for population shrinking, its not just happening to Japan but some other countries as well, and people dont go around calling those bleeding to dead.

Pardon any mistake, I'm not a native English speaker.

P/S: BTW, its funny everyone keep calling Sylvie= Saber, but no one seem to mention her frontal hair style looks exactly like Arcueid...

Last edited by Riverl; 2009-07-21 at 09:10.
Riverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 09:45   Link #740
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Woah, another one here o.o;
Arcueid, huh. . Well, if her back hair was not like that and made her eyes more feisty, I can understand what you meant ;(

And after watching episode 3. . for a second there, I almost think that the anime is going to Yuu's arc story. Her 'talk' had just made more impact than the other girls for me...(I mean, Charlotte is just busy with her teasing and Sylvia was just training with Teppei and didn't do anything yet.....Seika...well, it's just the beginning for her, IMO)

As for Seika, I just can't seem to hate her o.o; I know that she somehow acted that way, which can make people hate her, but I think her action is somewhat important to develop Teppei's story (which she might just did it unconciously... and not to mention, she is kinda cute ~ :x)

Aaah ~ I can't wait for the next episode already ~ ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen