AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-11-05, 18:37   Link #41
Rasty

So I somehow got 79 into the story. As for my impression... it has good writing but is terribly boring. The girls have interesting personalities, dialogues are kinda entertaining, but it severely lacks action. The "mystery" is just exposition without solid foreshadowing or anything (even though in dialogues etc.) and the pacing is terrible (especially with side stories and past recollection usually placed in the middle of already boring parts).

And there are dozens of irritatingly stupid things. Like the mentioned "go read that book and waste time, I will say it again later myself", the point that MC could solve almost all the problems by force (even if he still limited himself, he has about a dozen of helpers who are massively OP, but he uses them extremely sparsely). Btw. for some reason the MC, even though interested in the forbidden books and being clearly bored never asked the principal to see them again. Also, for being a country leader, he knows nothing about large incidents that happened in the past to other countries, and his subordinates (including Asmodeus who should be getting all the info from her subordinates) the same.

Also, him being massively OP is... irrelevant for some reason. He doesn't even think about using his full power or creating a situation when he can, he just acts as "strong human".
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-05, 19:11   Link #42
Amelgar

lol, you got further than me. I threw in the towel at the end of the first arc for similar reasons.
Amelgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-06, 00:24   Link #43
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^It might be boring to average narou users who got used with usual story progressions

And MC doesn't really intend to use his full strength to solve problems
In fact, solving problems is not his first priority at all
He just let people die when he could easily prevented it

As long is something is interesting to him, he will let it play out
As of now, what's interesting to him is solving mysteries
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-06, 02:57   Link #44
Mirable
ミラベル

^Yeah this MC only do thing that interesting to him, unfortunately for him that seem like he is kind of person that get bored quickly too.

I kinda like MC is not excatly kind heart person but not evil at the same time (as far as i read), sometime he thought about want to raped Liz, Roca or Shaura to kill his boredom but stop himeself cuz he likes his current relationship with them and doesn't want to break it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
. Also, for being a country leader, he knows nothing about large incidents that happened in the past to other countries, and his subordinates (including Asmodeus who should be getting all the info from her subordinates) the same..
My impression i got from MC that is he has lived too long in his country to point he lost sense of time (plus begin strongest) he stop caring other countries affair.

yeah characters in this novel are entertaining to read, they have interesting character. (wonder author will add more heroine in LN version) right now i'm interesting to know more about OP loli hero's daughter.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-06, 04:47   Link #45
Rasty

^^ Yeah in the first arc, but he is genuinely worried about the "goddess" later on and he is also pretty laid back considering that he is risking his life and lives of his wife.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-06, 06:18   Link #46
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yea, in latest chapters, he feels threatened by the "goddess"
But I think he still underestimates her

Also, I think you missed the information that says Majin can resurrects
His wives are half-majin bestowed by him so they most likely can resurrect too

He won't be as laid back had he known what The Red Star implies (I think it's an orbital weapon)
Old 2019-12-03, 23:35   Link #47
Mirable
ミラベル

I guess this novel is as good as dead now, no update and it seem like RL problem hit author really hard that he might not continue it.

As for novel, I was disappointed at how the end of second arc turn out including heroines, it's lacking something.

Also i don't like how author makes MC takes the back seat character in this arc while makes uncle hero takes the main protagonist spot instead.
Old 2019-12-03, 23:55   Link #48
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^You mean MC should be the one who saved Claris and possibly rescue her squad?

I felt so too

But apparently the author wanted to make Claris be in despair for a long time
Old 2019-12-05, 21:04   Link #49
sasabit

Yuck harem...
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-30, 15:59   Link #50
becool

one of the few novels ive enjoyed lately start fairly normal, but the main attraction of this are the characters and the mysteries:

what happened that led to the destruction of the prehistoric civilisation, where is goddess ophelia and what is the holy flame, what happened to the beast god and his wife that led to the war happening now, what is the red glow in the sky that is always followed by disasters throughout history, and that supposedly the next time its red color is seen everything will end, and who was lucifer before he was named lucifer and who was lucifer 1, who is the girl(godess?) who is moving everything and playing with everyone, what is her reason or purpose.... and a few other minor mysteries, an expanding world and writing that gets better in the second arc, and going from an op mc to actually having real threat looming on the story, and the way the author keeps giving you pieces of the mystery while sprinkling new ones here and ther

i have far less gripes with this then i have positives, it was actually enjoyable, just wish the author didnt pause, anyone knows of something similar

Last edited by becool; 2020-01-30 at 21:08.
becool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-30, 20:49   Link #51
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Right? The mystery is awesome~
But like all good things, the updates just stopped
Old 2020-04-03, 12:09   Link #52
Mirable
ミラベル

I'm surprised this WN is update again and here i thought this novel is dead like another for sure haha.

Arrive to Elf kingdom and MC already set his eyes on elf queen.
Old 2020-04-03, 12:18   Link #53
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Mom > Daughter

Please don't make the same mistake as Soul Eater

Update when snu
Old 2020-04-03, 13:29   Link #54
Darkwolf907

^Yup, dont want think again about her in Souk Eater.

Lets hope there will be 親子丼
Darkwolf907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-09, 14:16   Link #55
cadu_

First: Is this been translated somewhere?
Second: Why are you discussing which is better between the mother or the daughter when he can just have both?
Old 2020-04-10, 09:34   Link #56
Mirable
ミラベル

Elf queen age is 500 year old and her husband was only 17 years old when she married him, Such a age gap, their daughter is 17 years old.

Too bad for anyone who expect oyakodon, Elf queen still mourn for her husband passed away and MC doesn't want to force himself on her.
Old 2020-04-10, 13:22   Link #57
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The same shit like Soul Eater

Sigh! Need MILFs!
Old 2020-04-10, 16:54   Link #58
Amelgar

Kinda unexpected coming from the MC given his track history with his first few wives
Amelgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-11, 00:44   Link #59
Mirable
ミラベル

^i know right, i was like that rich coming from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^The same shit like Soul Eater

Sigh! Need MILFs!
What is this all about Soul Eater? i never read it.
Old 2020-04-11, 01:00   Link #60
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Hangyaku no Soul Eater <Soul Eater of The Rebellion>

MC fell in love with heroine's mom who is a nun
But he saw her in front of her husband's grave
Then he gave up

Tags
harem, legend, school, secret identity, true harem