1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.17%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-24, 06:06   Link #681
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfen View Post
Were there any transformable MS at all before Kyrios appeared?

If not, I'd have had my engineers and scientists all over that thing as soon as I got it. A variable form, multi-role vehicle with proven combat superiority would be the holy grail of MS producers everywhere.

Wolfen.
Transformation is nothing new for the world powers when Kyrios appeared: the Flags and Enacts, though never designed for mid-air transformation were fully capable of transforming from one mode to another in the hands of experienced (or bold) pilots as shown multiple times in 00. The only difference between the Kyrios and the Union/AEU transforming mobile suits was that the Kyrios was designed from the onset for mid-air transformation, and was able to do so perfectly due to GN Particle tech.

In terms of transformation tech, there's nothing the Kyrios could offer that the ESF doesn't already know, asides from some improvements on how to apply GN technology to a transforming design.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 06:10   Link #682
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Most of the mecha fielded by the AEU and Union are transformable for space-saving hangar storage (low roofs) and quick reaction (fighter jets don't need to walk, they can just rapidly take off).

HRL's Tieren seems to be still used, since they have the ability to form iron walls. Pity the operator was killed by falling debris larger than itself.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 06:26   Link #683
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Can this be possible: Aeolia transfer his mind to Wang Liu Mei before his death. And now watches how his plan comes to fruition.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 06:34   Link #684
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Pardon me.....?

I know I want to get a clue about Wang's true motive, but that's what I'll call BS if it happens (no offend, just can't find any other word).
Old 2008-10-24, 06:35   Link #685
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Can this be possible: Aeolia transfer his mind to Wang Liu Mei before his death. And now watches how his plan comes to fruition.
Already considered, but it is more likely to be one of the Innovators, as they are a more convenient target of mind transfer.

My money is on Regene. He is important for something. Ribbons wouldn't even know what hit him...
Old 2008-10-24, 06:38   Link #686
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Where are the rest of the innovators in S1? Ribbons created them?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 06:43   Link #687
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Where are the rest of the innovators in S1? Ribbons created them?
I read somewhere that Ribbons was the first to be "awakened", that's why he is the leader.

One would assume the rest of them were woken up from their pods (as seen in the intro, where Tieria came from) to serve him.

And that's why I think there is room for Aeolia to be inside Regene.
Old 2008-10-24, 06:47   Link #688
hikari no tsubasa
この俺が... 駆逐する!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Already considered, but it is more likely to be one of the Innovators, as they are a more convenient target of mind transfer.

My money is on Regene. He is important for something. Ribbons wouldn't even know what hit him...
if any of these mind transferring really happened... i would be quite disappointed in sunrise... as they've done a great job so far with gundam 00. hopefully they'll come up with something a bit more realistic than that. i am sure sunrise hasn't run out of good stuff to show us in gundam 00
hikari no tsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 06:51   Link #689
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari no tsubasa View Post
if any of these mind transferring really happened... i would be quite disappointed in sunrise... as they've done a great job so far with gundam 00. hopefully they'll come up with something a bit more realistic than that. i am sure sunrise hasn't run out of good stuff to show us in gundam 00
It's hardly unrealistic, when you consider the fact that the 00 universe already had synthetic humans. In order to make human beings from scratch, you would need to have great knowledge of AI and the human brain. It's not that mind-transfer isn't sci-fi territory, because it is. But from current understanding of CB technology, it is definitely not ridiculous.
Old 2008-10-24, 08:56   Link #690
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Kyrios is too outdated to be useful, just look at Exia, its got its ass kicked, I will guess that Soma/Marie will get some nice mecha, and hopefully Allejuah and her will get a combination attack.
they can still get useful info from it. it was ahead of their time in se1 and they can get some insight on how the original gn drives worked even if the drive is now in CB's hands. they could maybe even improve their red GN drives efficiencies to some extent. imo i would like to see it return but i'll leave it up to the animators to make the final descision on its use.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 09:18   Link #691
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
they can still get useful info from it. it was ahead of their time in se1 and they can get some insight on how the original gn drives worked even if the drive is now in CB's hands. they could maybe even improve their red GN drives efficiencies to some extent. imo i would like to see it return but i'll leave it up to the animators to make the final descision on its use.
Depends... while the Thrones were powered by less advanced GN Tau Drives, the frames themselves were mentioned on the HG manuals to be more advanced than the 3rd Gen Gundams due to the way they distributed GN Particles throughout their body (through the frame itself instead of through cables), and the GN-X's were based off the Thrones.

Hence, the tech in the hands of the Earth Sphere Federation is already more advanced than anything the Kyrios could provide. Also, the Federation may not even know that there's a fundamental difference between an original and a Tau drive - as far as they know, they use the same kind of GN Drives as the Gundams.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 10:42   Link #692
miles316

Smile mind/computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow I don't see a "mind transfer" technology as very likely... okay, they have artificial humans and cyborgs, whose bodies maninly consist of technology, but some kind of mind transfer would require some sort of human-machine interface, connected to the brain, and if the world had this kind of technology, I think they would pilot their Suits by this and not manually, like they do.
If you ask me, I think more likely than a "mind transfer", is some sort of "brain transplantation", since it comes pretty close to a "normal" cyborg...

the ability to have a computer and human mind interact in a use full manor has been long establish in gundam

psy-coframe, psy-com, bio computer from the original gundam series universal century plus the dark gundam from mobile fighter gundam that could take control of peoples minds.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 11:56   Link #693
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
I read somewhere that Ribbons was the first to be "awakened", that's why he is the leader.

One would assume the rest of them were woken up from their pods (as seen in the intro, where Tieria came from) to serve him.

And that's why I think there is room for Aeolia to be inside Regene.
I started to confuse which one is Ribbons,they all look the same.
I wonder why Ribbons need more of himself,probably for a super fortress?

Aeolia inside Regene is a great theory,I would love to see that.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 15:59   Link #694
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Excuse my noobness but who's Regene?
Old 2008-10-24, 16:20   Link #695
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Excuse my noobness but who's Regene?
The one who looks like Tieria with curly hair and glasses, currently Ribbon's assistant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
I wonder why Ribbons need more of himself,probably for a super fortress?
Ribbons has gave himself a promotion. You wouldn't expect him to do the housework around the moonbase himself, would you?
Old 2008-10-24, 21:35   Link #696
RAVNEN

Quote:
The one who looks like Tieria with curly hair and glasses, currently Ribbon's assistant.

Ribbons has gave himself a promotion. You wouldn't expect him to do the housework around the moonbase himself, would you?
If "Aeolia inside Regene"theory does come true,I would like to see Regene betray Ribbons.It kinda like Ribbons betray Alejandro,hmmm....what come around,does come around.

I guess Ribbons base is to large for him to take alone,lazy Ribbons.
Old 2008-10-24, 22:56   Link #697
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Depends... while the Thrones were powered by less advanced GN Tau Drives, the frames themselves were mentioned on the HG manuals to be more advanced than the 3rd Gen Gundams due to the way they distributed GN Particles throughout their body (through the frame itself instead of through cables), and the GN-X's were based off the Thrones.

Hence, the tech in the hands of the Earth Sphere Federation is already more advanced than anything the Kyrios could provide. Also, the Federation may not even know that there's a fundamental difference between an original and a Tau drive - as far as they know, they use the same kind of GN Drives as the Gundams.
true, the only reason why i see that kyrios can come back to haunt CB would be if the federation ever does find out that the 2 drives have different abilities. its return may not be kyrios+1 but if wouldn't say its a stretch if they discovered transam mode later on in the season. i never even considered that the tau drives would ever be distributed to the 3 powers in se1 so fed's version of transam or psuedo transam is possible.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 22:58   Link #698
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
true, the only reason why i see that kyrios can come back to haunt CB would be if the federation ever does find out that the 2 drives have different abilities. its return may not be kyrios+1 but if wouldn't say its a stretch if they discovered transam mode later on in the season. i never even considered that the tau drives would ever be distributed to the 3 powers in se1 so fed's version of transam or psuedo transam is possible.
The Trans-Am function was a part of the original GN-Drives themselves, so the Federation has no way of replicating the feature.
Old 2008-10-25, 02:49   Link #699
RAVNEN

The Federations will never have Trans-Am feature because its need the original GN Drive. With the original drive,the particles can regenerate after use,but with Tau drive energy will depleted.Then Feds MS with stay motionless with no energy.
Old 2008-10-25, 02:52   Link #700
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
The Federations will never have Trans-Am feature because its need the original GN Drive. With the original drive,the particles can regenerate after use,but with Tau drive energy will depleted.Then Feds MS with stay motionless with no energy.
When the two options are have your suit destroyed now, or go into super mode and use up your remaining particles (and then be disabled) the burst actually sounds useful.