AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-03, 01:33   Link #281
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Wow. I feel like it's the end of an era with the Claymore forum closed. No more images either, I guess? Lame.

Umm, to stay on topic, what are the odds we go two years without Claire and her quest-for-revenge-that-will-end-in-an-anguished-cry-over-how-she's-wasted-her-life-on-such-a-silly-thing?

Also, how long before this becomes the largest thread in the Manga subforum?!?

And, umm, the last year+ (how long has it been anyways? I keep feeling we were a 'year' into this deadly slow arc many months ago), has bored me to tears. Stop draggin' yer feet Yagi!
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 01:56   Link #282
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Shit... lost most of my post after the stupid system told me I didn't have the permission to access the page .... Damn Tried to recover, but am not sure it'll work out.

Anyways, firstly Deneve explains Hysteria's weakpoint is her having the pride over the extreme beauty she's obssessed of due to her behavior of having spared Nike's life (when Nike pulled the sword out of her) and on how she's concentrated with the fight with Miria.

Concluding the ghosts/new gen warriors would back her up, and Anastasia about to rebuke, Deneve explains they would brake there 1 vs 1 "composed" fight if they get in her way (causing Hysteria kill the others if they did), and tells even if they where to fight in the mid-air, the only one who would match Hysteria, is Miria. As for the second page, Deneve tells that the only "thing" that can kill the new AO should come from another AO leveled claws (from Roxanne) or fangs (Cassandra's).

Meanwhile, Hysteria gets annoyed that Miria is using the hair so they can offer Miria more of a free movement in the air. While Roxanne fighting Cassandra says it's already annoying/boring seeing Cassandra's face (well speak of a great number of same heads attacking you that is ). Anyways, after destroying some of those, Roxanne challenges to dodge the endless claws pointed at her.

Back with the Miria/Hysteria fight, after having Helen take care of the projectiles Miria only cuts a small part of her body the which Hysteria intentionally threw most of her shell part to find the traction and lift her up, as Hysteria replies Miria it is much convenient to fight in a small body in mid-air. After another attempt of Miria in order to cut her down, Hysteria steps back and tells her that she has a good hunch for she knew what was Hysteria up to (when she was about to release something from her back). Later, Hysteria points out she would acquire the same speed as that in the ground with her body already lightened and her four wings released.

Back again with Cassandra and Roxanne's fight, after having dodged 2 times of her claws in a row, Cassandra discovers as Roxanne has only 8 wings and has now wasted two of them so that she only has to dodge another 6 times. Roxanne then replies Cassandra is making a mistake (and that's when she notices of Hysteria being close to them) as later she throws 3 of her claws at the same time. Deneve, feeling uneasy about Hysteria getting wings since they where planning to draw the other 2 abyssals into the fight stealthily having set the hair in that area. Hysteria then tells she needn't launch only one per time so she can draw more of a big ranged attack using 3 of them. While Hysteria stepping on Cassandra's face, she asks what her foot tastes like when Cassandra was so adamant of calling her (crap ). Cassandra, then replies she tastes like crap the same part as ever and points out she now only has 3 loads of claws left which it came quite convinient for her, and Hysteria then too replies she talks big.

With the ghosts, attempting to create a more strenghtened hair, Anastasia explains even if their a bunch of hairs, what matters more is how much is the yoki focused on them and the better it comes the more people are, making it evenly focusing them from the 2 edges according to the number of people. As Deneve is about to pair the group into 3:3, Dietrich steps in as it should be 4:4. Helen than asks if she's okay when Cynthia replies she can only barely stand on foot, but Dietrich says she'll endure it and tells she can't be lying around even bounding Cynthia who's essential to the mission due to her yoki control. Deneve soon groups Dietrich, Cynthia, Helen and Tabatha into one group while the remaining members including herself would be one group, suggesting that Yuma stay taking care of Nike's right arm. Ultimately, she tells that no one can step back now and that there purpose is to fight among the abyssals.

After Miria being slashed, Hysteria tells theirs no need to be angry when Miria's matching her speed and that is still impressive and is something she can boast of, and after another slash on her, Hysteria nitpicks she should have fought back when Miria was not able to due to Anastasia's hair being lessened in half and had her moves restricted. Miria soon figures out it is understandable since they where so close to the other 2 abyssals, but isn't sure whether she can dodge the next attack or think of a possibility in case Hysteria doesn't come at her because of the other 2 fighting at there very back. Hysteria charging in, Miria assures of her personality/pride and would definitely come in order to take her down, and dodges back challenging Hysteria to end this fight luring her in.

Back again, with Cassandra/Roxanne's fight, Cassandra asks how many projectiles she would use for the next attack assured of she wouldn't use her remaining 3 arms of claws. Roxanne then rebukes it's ridiculous and that she was only playing around since it would be the last time she would see that face of hers concluding that she already had enjoyed herself enough bidding farewell to Cassandra.

Miria, standing on the last hair (the which Hysteria already knows of) Hysteria asks if she thought Hysteria herself wouldn't notice it and that she only wanted to see how far she could go with that trick of hers. Miria then replies she was the one not having the moves as clear as before since it was difficult to sense her small yoki between the 2 big yokis flowing out (Cassandra and Roxanne's) and even more, she couldn't have sensed the others'. Standing on that last hair (with the 8 focused on it) Miria tells that is her wing made by the 8 comrades and Deneve tells her to go.

Em kinda meh it became the summary after losing half my post and tried to rewrite it sorry. Am not really adamant atm to check if it makes sense or not... no longer give a shit anyways.

Anyways, as for my impression/prediction for the next chapter... (still waiting for the english scans for more clear explanation) I think everyone knows that at the very end of the chapter Miria was able to perform that super high jump thanks to that focused hair, right? Just don't know what she's up to tho. Anyways, the chapter itself was really good this time IMHO. The plot and battle scenes where amazing and well developed while the ghosts' plan of setting the hair and drag the other two abyssals was pretty decent and logical too even though I'm not much convinced (even now) about standing on that curled hair of Anastasia Em nice chapter... probably the best I've been longing for years after Clare's fight

Last edited by Jean Claymore; 2012-03-03 at 18:05.
Jean Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 06:08   Link #283
KaoruAoiShiho

Thanks a lot for the summary Jean Claymore. However, mostly fillerish kinda dull.
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 12:32   Link #284
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

whoa, the claymoar forum closed?! it really is the end of an era. but then again, my friend and i joked in high school that at the rate chapters are coming out, we'll be married and have children by the time it finishes... and now i'm in grad school. haha

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 08:48   Link #285
konart

Claymore 124 on mangareader - defaq i just read?
Old 2012-03-05, 10:32   Link #286
KaoruAoiShiho

What is 124 out? I don't see it 0.o
Old 2012-03-05, 13:41   Link #287
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
What is 124 out? I don't see it 0.o
Yep. They've uploaded gag version, but deleted it shortly. Now mangareader has normal one
Old 2012-03-05, 14:45   Link #288
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Claymore 124 on mangareader - defaq i just read?
Yea I was soooo lost when i read it this morning
Old 2012-03-05, 15:10   Link #289
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
This chaper ... is so slow.
Old 2012-03-05, 16:03   Link #290
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Oh man ...
This chaper ... is so slow.
The group translating it have dropped it, so it may take a while for it to show up in the future.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 18:07   Link #291
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Good artwork, boring chapter

Sigh

Cant Deneve stop explaining stuff... 20 chapters of it is getting old. I misd the days where Helen being an idiot and Deneve saving her ass was the pairs main gig.
Old 2012-03-05, 18:28   Link #292
Valky
Radioactive

Right .. I miss those days too. And I miss Claire too ..

This chapter doesn't tell much ...
Old 2012-03-05, 18:31   Link #293
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, since Claire's not being the main character and Miria was former Ms. Exposition, Miria had to step up to become the MC. So, naturally, that left a hole to be filled for the 'Ms. Exposition' slot. ...
Old 2012-03-05, 19:24   Link #294
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, since Claire's not being the main character and Miria was former Ms. Exposition, Miria had to step up to become the MC. So, naturally, that left a hole to be filled for the 'Ms. Exposition' slot. ...
Cynthia would have been a far better choice since she is stuck on the side lines healing people, a yoki sensor, and can be quite scarcastic in a cute way (I'd love to see her explaing things to Yuma and the wounded in a Mavis (from Fairy Tail) kinda way... fans of that series love it when she explains stuff and comments on the fights.) While this was happening Helen and Deneve could have been attacking Hysteria's ancors before they stuck in the ground after all Helen doing it alone seems almost impossible... really what is prevent Hysteria from shoting one to the side so all of them dong line up in a row for Helen to one shot? Two or theee warriors should be down there covering that large of a battle field... Next off how is Helen reposistioning herself so she can hit them all it's not like Hysteria is staying put right above her plus Hysterias rods should be faster then Helens arm growth rate.

Anyways back to Cynthia just imagine her and Yuma talking about it... it would be like watching a funny master telling her star pupil what is going on with a class of injured noobs joining in every now and then.
Old 2012-03-05, 21:03   Link #295
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Is it not safe to pic spam in this thread? Coz I haven't seen people do it ever since the section got crippled..
Old 2012-03-05, 21:16   Link #296
zzhk
Summary Machine

Just because the sub-forum is retired doesn't mean the image thread is locked.

It's just less visible, I suppose.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 23:01   Link #297
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Cynthia would have been a far better choice since she is stuck on the side lines healing people, a yoki sensor, and can be quite scarcastic in a cute way (I'd love to see her explaing things to Yuma and the wounded in a Mavis (from Fairy Tail) kinda way... fans of that series love it when she explains stuff and comments on the fights.) While this was happening Helen and Deneve could have been attacking Hysteria's ancors before they stuck in the ground after all Helen doing it alone seems almost impossible... really what is prevent Hysteria from shoting one to the side so all of them dong line up in a row for Helen to one shot? Two or theee warriors should be down there covering that large of a battle field... Next off how is Helen reposistioning herself so she can hit them all it's not like Hysteria is staying put right above her plus Hysterias rods should be faster then Helens arm growth rate.

Anyways back to Cynthia just imagine her and Yuma talking about it... it would be like watching a funny master telling her star pupil what is going on with a class of injured noobs joining in every now and then.
...XD

Oh boy, having cute lil Cynthia giving us an explanation while SD - Claymore would no longer be the serious manga it is. But it would allow for some much needed laughter and it also gives the other characters some time in the spotlight. XD

~*~

Cynitha: Hello everyone~! ^.^ I'm Cynthia and this is Yuma.

Yuma: ... h-hello...

Cynitha: *glomps Yuma* Aw, she's so precious! *suddenly shoves her away so hard she falls*

Yuma: Gyaaah~!

Cynitha: Anyway, it's time for an update on the latest chapter! Are you ready, Yuma?

Yuma: @_@ ha-haiiii~

Cynthia: *makes a face* Mou~ if you are not going to listen to me seriously, I won't bother explaining it to you!

Yuma: B-but you shoved me...

Cynthia: *pats Yuma on the head* Now now, no dwelling in the past...

Yuma:

Cynthia: Now, as for what is happening in this chapter, we have just finished healing up Deitrich enough so that she can move and now, she is joining us in our plan to help Miria defeat all three Abyssal Dwellers.

Yuma: Hehh~, we're still fighting them after all this time...

Cynthia: I know right? I'm bored of seeing them prance around all naked and disgusting-like...

Yuma: *eyes Cynthia warily*
Old 2012-03-06, 12:16   Link #298
KaoruAoiShiho

I can't believe Claymore is doing boring fillers... Yagi seems to have really dropped the ball on keeping the drama quotient up.
Old 2012-03-06, 12:29   Link #299
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

To be honest, this is one of those chapters that would probably be much better animated.

The pace is dragged down by internal monologue and exposition, while in reality there is a fair amount of action going on. Unfortunately, in a manga median this causes the pace to drag, leaving the chapter feeling sluggishly paced.
Old 2012-03-08, 09:13   Link #300
night_sentinel

Wow... the fight still haven't finished yet.

Quote:
To be honest, this is one of those chapters that would probably be much better animated.
I'm with fenrir on this one, the fight sequence would be awesome on a moving media. And less boring too. Is there any chance that they will make a Claymore anime sequel or a remake since the anime ending is really far from the manga?

I think Deneve's current role of Ms. Exposition is very jarring. I went over the chapter and cut out Deneve's exposition role and it made for a very exciting chapter if a short one. Most of what Deneve said is implied in the actions anyway but I guess the exposition hammers that there is no plot hole.

Like the fact that the they are really herding the fight toward the other two abyssal...How the Claymore are suddenly flying... etc. Still it jams with the flow of the chapter and it would be better to cut it. After all, it is a high speed battle right?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote