AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-21, 13:39   Link #5061
Qilin
Romanticist

I figured the mangaka wouldn't be able to kill off Hongou, and after that asspull with Apachai, this is relatively mild. But really, if the Demon Fist loses against him, I'd be very disappointed.

When will we get a decent disciple-class fight again?
Old 2012-05-21, 13:53   Link #5062
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
But really, if the Demon Fist loses against him, I'd be very disappointed.
Moral of the story don't play with your prey, go for the kill asap

If the Demon Fist lost that would be only because he was playing around and not recognizing the true worth of his enemy, he should have gone for a sure kill after what Hongo has done last chapter. So I wouldn't be disappointed even the opposite.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 22:54   Link #5063
AishaTeeler

The way I see it Hongo was trying to get Junazad's hands out of the picture, and he did that successfully.
Old 2012-05-22, 10:30   Link #5064
AishaTeeler

Happy news for everybody.

http://hsdkfans.com/forums/topic/136...ova-2-opening/
Old 2012-05-22, 17:39   Link #5065
Diveman

YAY! another OVA and it looks FULL of action, but I could have sword Raichi had frickles in the manga.

Also, judging from Hongo's hands position, that thing is gonna hurt a lot if Demon mask doesnt dodge.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 00:52   Link #5066
KLGChaos
The Shermain

This fight still going on? Let me guess, Kenichi is standing around watching and drooling while the real fights are going on. Honestly, Ken's fights are just so meaningless now in the face of Yami. I really miss when the manga used to be about the disciples and their growth, not their masters. Nothing like turning your main characters into glorified cameos who serve no purpose to the greater story arc. Shinpaku might as well not even exist-- they don't do anything anymore.

The only meaningful thing they've done in a couple hundred chapters was keep the data from Yami-- a whole 10 chapters of focus. And even then, the entire squad couldn't handle one regular master without help from Sakaki, which just served to show how useless they are in the grand scheme of things. I mean, does anyone even care about Yomi anymore? You don't even hear about them.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:08   Link #5067
Diveman

IIRC there's only 2 Yomi members remaining. And well yeah, the formula is usually, Ken fights, master appears, 2 masters fight and repeat. I wish ken and friends get to take on a master themselves.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 09:51   Link #5068
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
IIRC there's only 2 Yomi members remaining. And well yeah, the formula is usually, Ken fights, master appears, 2 masters fight and repeat. I wish ken and friends get to take on a master themselves.
They did that already, twice.

At the DoD, while Kenichi and Miu were busy fighting armed mechs and Yomi, the rest of Kenichi's friends took down a master class fighter, the "host" of the DoD. A man with a long, bloody history of kidnapping children and forcing them to become martial artists just so he could watch them fight to the death for his own amusement.

The second time, Kenichi and friends fought a Yami weapon division Master class opponent who was attacking a government individual (so as to destroy some sensitive Yami information) and they won, because Sakikaki was distracting him by throwing pebbles.

Not satisfied with his loss, the master pulled out deadly weapons and THAT is when Sakikaki stepped in and though wounded, totally cleaned his clock.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 10:47   Link #5069
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I wouldn't really call the second one "taking him on by themselves" with a Grand Master class distracting him the whole time-- and then having to step in anyway. Literally, one guy would have taken down the whole team without Sakaki's distraction, which only serves to reinforce that the disciples are weak and no longer have a place in the manga. :\ It's the master's manga now.
Old 2012-05-23, 13:00   Link #5070
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^just give em 500 or some chapters so they'll be on par to subpar masters D:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 13:03   Link #5071
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^just give em 500 or some chapters so they'll be on par to subpar masters D:
Sooner Ippo from HNI will screw his GF than Kenichi become a master.
Old 2012-05-24, 06:17   Link #5072
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Sooner Ippo from HNI will screw his GF than Kenichi become a master.
In 500 chapters Ippo will still be single, Mashiba is the 'big boss'
I'm guessing by the end of the manga Ippo will still be in disciple/expert class.
Old 2012-05-24, 06:28   Link #5073
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Considering there aren't many disciples left, the manga is going to either end soon or there will be no story left to write. There've been no low-level masters developed for Kenichi to fight... All of Yami's leaders are in the Grand Master class. The power difference is just too great and would require decades more before Kenichi could hold his own against them.

Unless, of course, the mangaka coulf just decide to toss in a bunch more underdeveloped disciples just to give Kenichi something to do without ever actually having him become a master. Either way, my interest in the manga has disappeared since it became History's Strongest Masters. I honestly could care less about Hongou and Jenezad fighting and I feel that Kenichi learned nothing from this arc. Yeah, he landed a blow on Miu... while unconscious. We already know that he's stronger when he's out cold. Until he decides to fight her normally while still conscious, he learns nothing. The only thing he can learn is how pointless his goal is to protect Miu as he'd have to face people like Jenezad or her father to do so, which is impossible for him... Maybe in a few decades, but not in the manga's lifetime. I'll be dropping it for now... At least for a couple hundred chapters. Same thing I did with Bleach and MSN.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2012-05-24 at 06:48.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 18:53   Link #5074
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
You mean a ranking master (the ones with symbols)

The remaining ones looks insanely powerful for Ken and co to take on...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 22:34   Link #5075
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

?

There are 4 Yomi members left, Chikage, Rachel, Hermit and Kajima. Granted 3 of the 4 are on friendly terms with him, but still I don't think the author will skip their fights. And there will obviously be involving those guys Ogata is training.
Old 2012-05-25, 05:08   Link #5076
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
?

There are 4 Yomi members left, Chikage, Rachel, Hermit and Kajima. Granted 3 of the 4 are on friendly terms with him, but still I don't think the author will skip their fights. And there will obviously be involving those guys Ogata is training.
Didn't she basically 'lose' against Kensei and Renka? She did lose her master, so fighting Kenichi is probably the last thing in her mind.
Old 2012-05-25, 07:08   Link #5077
Muu094

Well I personally liked how this fight was going up until the last three chapters or so..well I'm not big on Kenichi but I still think the master class fights are pretty cool.

And Houngo surviving this seems only slightly less believable than Shigure winning a jousting match on a motorcycle, and topless :|

Wonder what Kenichi can do now that the masters are the ones duking it out: unless the author believes in time-skips
Muu094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 07:57   Link #5078
Terrean

Masters left who have never fighted:

Ogata "Kensei"
Mikumo "bewitching fist"
Cyril "Fist of Brahman"

I guess Kensei is supposed to be the biggest opponent of those 3, even though Mikumo might be stronger..

We have seen fighting, but still undefeated:

Junazar "Demon God"

Has been defeated once, but still free:

Agaard "Emperor"
Sougetsu "Fierce Fist"

Unknown right now:

Akira "God Hand"

we only can tell that Gaidar and Diego Carlo are imprisoned.

But anything could change. And that fact is realistic even in real life :-)

As for YOMI... Kajima is the big fish. And with him, the "end boss" of YAMI, Saiga Furinji as the expected last master.

But was has been stated long time ago? It is not only Yami out there. We do not even know that One Shadow Nine Fists is the top of Yami - there is the unarmed and the armed faction....

Whatever most of the people say - I still like this series since it made me change my life!!
Old 2012-05-27, 14:01   Link #5079
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
Masters left who have never fighted:

Ogata "Kensei"
Mikumo "bewitching fist"
Cyril "Fist of Brahman"

I guess Kensei is supposed to be the biggest opponent of those 3, even though Mikumo might be stronger..

We have seen fighting, but still undefeated:

Junazar "Demon God"

Has been defeated once, but still free:

Agaard "Emperor"
Sougetsu "Fierce Fist"

Unknown right now:

Akira "God Hand"

we only can tell that Gaidar and Diego Carlo are imprisoned.

But anything could change. And that fact is realistic even in real life :-)

As for YOMI... Kajima is the big fish. And with him, the "end boss" of YAMI, Saiga Furinji as the expected last master.

But was has been stated long time ago? It is not only Yami out there. We do not even know that One Shadow Nine Fists is the top of Yami - there is the unarmed and the armed faction....

Whatever most of the people say - I still like this series since it made me change my life!!
There's no doubt Mikumo is the strongest of the three you mentioned, since she's easily the oldest and most, um, experienced. However, I'd say Ogata is the most dangerous, since he's a lot like Jenazad. He might be planning to pull a Loki in the future, overthrowing Saiga and creating a new OSNF with himself as the One Shadow. He might make his move when Saiga is most vulnerable i.e. just after his grueling grudge match against Hayato.

And yes, Kajima's definitely the king fish in YOMI, what's left of it anyway. Kenichi's all but dismantled it, so it puts Kajima in a difficult position. He needs to defeat Kenichi to regain YOMI's honor and demonstrate the supremacy of satsujinken. That could be coming soon once the group returns to Japan. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 09:33   Link #5080
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

475 raw is out..and look like is a show-down!!

Liked it!! I want to know what happened!!

Tags
shounen